Sci Fi Minis 2 glam!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
muffinhunter

Re: Sci Fi Minis 2 glam!

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:02 pm

wickerjay wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:
muffinhunter wrote:Got a case of these today. Good news I got the Kane w/facehugger, Godzilla, and Queen Alien. Bad news is no Doc Brown (or Voltron, but him I could take or leave - I won't be buying anymore trying to get him, but I would have kept him if I had gotten him in this case). Angry news is not only did I get two Benders (neither of which I wanted), but I also got two silver Cylons (again, neither of which I wanted).

That's because Bender and Cylon Centurian are both 1/6 to a case.

Yeah, this guy shouldn't be complaining at all since he got a Kane in his Sci-Fi box and a Pinhead in his Horror box.

No, you're right. I should be grateful for the opportunity to pay twice for two separate figures. Funko's business choices are in question here, not my legitimate issue as a consumer. :) It would be one thing if cases were randomly packed, but the fact that they do this on purpose is not one to admire.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 pm

muffinhunter wrote:
wickerjay wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:
muffinhunter wrote:Got a case of these today. Good news I got the Kane w/facehugger, Godzilla, and Queen Alien. Bad news is no Doc Brown (or Voltron, but him I could take or leave - I won't be buying anymore trying to get him, but I would have kept him if I had gotten him in this case). Angry news is not only did I get two Benders (neither of which I wanted), but I also got two silver Cylons (again, neither of which I wanted).

Yeah, this guy shouldn't be complaining at all since he got a Kane in his Sci-Fi box and a Pinhead in his Horror box.

No, you're right. I should be grateful for the opportunity to pay twice for two separate figures. Funko's business choices are in question here, not my legitimate issue as a consumer. :) It would be one thing if cases were randomly packed, but the fact that they do this on purpose is not one to admire.

Yeah but the odds of pulling both of the most desirable 1/72 figs from those two series is like winning the MM lottery. You can eat an extra Bender and Cyclon. I had to spend $100s on each series to complete my sets.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:24 pm

I understand your frustration, but at least they've moved away from the 24-count case packs, with the non-existent 1/144 figures.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 pm

I know on this board as collectors many people buy these by the case...however, the average consumer does not.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:38 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:I know on this board as collectors many people buy these by the case...however, the average consumer does not.

Yes, this space is reserved for the crazies. I think the average consumer that buys these on whim and just a couple (not trying to complete a set) wouldn't mind getting a Bender or a Cylon. Only us crazies are stuck with armies of them.

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:01 pm

It's weird that the ones that the average person might want are two per case. It's almost like they're trying to help the average person get the more popular ones. Weird.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm

muffinhunter wrote:
wickerjay wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:

Not that most consumers are itching for doubles, but there are a few consolations here:

1. You got the most valuable pieces from each series. Pinhead and Kane are great pulls, so take cheer.

2. Cylons are generics, so you can probably find a BG fan who wants an army.

3. You could have ended up with the Cylon Commander as your 1/72. That's right, you could have been looking at nearly half a case of Cylons and Benders!
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:57 pm

muffinhunter wrote:No, you're right. I should be grateful for the opportunity to pay twice for two separate figures. Funko's business choices are in question here, not my legitimate issue as a consumer. :) It would be one thing if cases were randomly packed, but the fact that they do this on purpose is not one to admire.

To be fair, these are designed to be bought one box at a time...not one case at a time.

I dislike the 1/6 aspect as well, but you cash in the right to be disappointed when you buy it knowing what you're getting.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

saban

Postby saban » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Bought 6 just now and got 2 each of Starbuck and Cylon. I'm not a BG fan at all so these are up for trade. At least I got Kirk and Doc Brown. Looking for Locutus, Godzilla, Voltron and Iron Giant.
IG: vickyisodd

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Just got the e-mail that my ToyWars case is shipping! \:D/
Marty
Funklub member #1093

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:40 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Just got the e-mail that my ToyWars case is shipping! \:D/

Lucky!

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:41 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I understand your frustration, but at least they've moved away from the 24-count case packs, with the non-existent 1/144 figures.

True, true. Glad I wasn't into these during those days.

LordBlackCat wrote:It's weird that the ones that the average person might want are two per case. It's almost like they're trying to help the average person get the more popular ones. Weird.

Agreed as far as Bender goes. I'm skeptical that the average person is looking for figures from a short-lived 70s series like BSG over some of the other offerings, though.

ZartansBro wrote:Not that most consumers are itching for doubles, but there are a few consolations here:

1. You got the most valuable pieces from each series. Pinhead and Kane are great pulls, so take cheer.

2. Cylons are generics, so you can probably find a BG fan who wants an army.

3. You could have ended up with the Cylon Commander as your 1/72. That's right, you could have been looking at nearly half a case of Cylons and Benders!

Valid points all.

TheLastDude wrote:To be fair, these are designed to be bought one box at a time...not one case at a time.

I dislike the 1/6 aspect as well, but you cash in the right to be disappointed when you buy it knowing what you're getting.

In my defense, I bought the case knowing full well I'd be stuck with two Benders, just from reading around on here. I did not, however, know or expect to get to Cylons. I wasn't interested in them, so I didn't research their commonality, and what I've read on here concerning Cylons had more to do with someone saying they should've been double-packed instead of Bender because they were generics, not necessarily that they WERE double-packed. So in my specific case, the dupes were an unpleasant surprise.

Pobble

Postby Pobble » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:59 pm

So did I, can't wait!
Hi, I'm Jamie

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Of course California is the center of the universe, so I'll most likely have to wait until late next week for it to arrive...
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Pobble

Postby Pobble » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:18 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Of course California is the center of the universe, so I'll most likely have to wait until late next week for it to arrive...

And it was shipped FedEx smartpost which alwys tacks on an extra day or two for me.
Hi, I'm Jamie

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:20 pm

I don't know what kinds of prices these other places charge, but I got my case from Big Bad Toy Store, for $69.99 and thought that was one of the better prices I've seen. Shipping can be a bit high there, however, especially if you want something sent immediately rather than using their Pile 'o Loot service.

EDIT: Wow, this ToyWars place you guys reference is even better. I'll have to keep an eye on them. :)
Last edited by muffinhunter on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Just got my tracking too, but I'm in the "center of the universe" or at least the Northern part of it. With FedEx SmartPost, it probably still take a week to get here, haha.

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Yay got my 2 cases in the mail today - will try & put down the case locations even though a bunch already have.

dpb1298

Postby dpb1298 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Found a Godzilla in an untouched GS case today! I was so worried it was another Alien Queen as I already have her. I was prepared to be so disappointed and was overjoyed to see him come out of that bag!
Collection:
Pops-88 + 2 pre-ordered
Pop Rides-1
Pocket Pops-1
Mystery Minis-34
Dorbz-9
Hikari-2
Vinyl-2

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:50 pm

dpb1298 wrote:Found a Godzilla in an untouched GS case today! I was so worried it was another Alien Queen as I already have her. I was prepared to be so disappointed and was overjoyed to see him come out of that bag!

I assume they weigh about the same by feel

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Boinky wrote:
dpb1298 wrote:Found a Godzilla in an untouched GS case today! I was so worried it was another Alien Queen as I already have her. I was prepared to be so disappointed and was overjoyed to see him come out of that bag!

No, they dont. Even though the Queen is very heavy, Godzilla is significantly more.

dpb1298

Postby dpb1298 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't think there was a queen in the box. That's why I was confused since the Godzilla felt a bit heftier but I didn't feel anything else really heavy. I think there was an Iron Giant but no Voltron as I have felt them in another case. I was just confused since I thought there was a Queen in every box. It seemed like a really weird layout.
Collection:
Pops-88 + 2 pre-ordered
Pop Rides-1
Pocket Pops-1
Mystery Minis-34
Dorbz-9
Hikari-2
Vinyl-2

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:15 pm

wickerjay wrote:
Boinky wrote:

No, they dont. Even though the Queen is very heavy, Godzilla is significantly more.

well good to know if I find some in stores - not quite the Avengers: Age of Ultron Hulkbuster guarantee by weight though

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Where in the case was it, if you don't mind sharing?

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:46 am

Got mine...checked the tracking number and it was kinda funny. Toy Wars is only about 30 miles from me, so it was sent FedEx and it said that it arrived in my hometown of San Diego today...but for some reason it wont be delivered until next Thursday. I assume I'll get it tomorrow (Saturday), and I'll post my pickups when I get them. Now that I've seen the HT exclusives, I'm gonna be hunting those for sure. Zoidberg will be pretty easy to get, but Bender's Glorious Golden Ascot will be hard. I prefer the Multipass Leeloo to the regular one I'm going to get, but she's not a must have. I really wanted the Mangalore.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:11 pm

My wife has started filming her unboxings, I pulled these 6 from the top layer of a Gamestop box so I'm sure you can all tell what she got :) we were super-psyched though!

[youtube]DP1SiME-L74[/youtube]

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 pm

OK here are my case breakdowns

dpb1298

Postby dpb1298 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Blehschmidt wrote:

Where in the case was it, if you don't mind sharing?

He was on the top middle left.
Collection:
Pops-88 + 2 pre-ordered
Pop Rides-1
Pocket Pops-1
Mystery Minis-34
Dorbz-9
Hikari-2
Vinyl-2

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:20 pm

At least now with that layout I know 100% where to now grab from to not get another Bender. I've already got 2 of them. Pulled a Kirk earlier with it.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:37 pm

At least from my 2 cases I'd say the top spot in an untouched case would be the front left & the 2nd row of the top would be the next 2 best spots for rarity & chance at less dupes.
But also for a Godzilla - really just feel the weight on the box. Godzilla weighs way more than all the other figures save the Alien Queen which it still weighs a bit more than that one.

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:55 pm

I was finally done and now hot topic exclusives ugh. If anyone gets an extra Zoidberg or Multipass Leeloo, please keep me in mind.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:40 pm

HellKat613 wrote:I was finally done and now hot topic exclusives ugh. If anyone gets an extra Zoidberg or Multipass Leeloo, please keep me in mind.

What?! Pics of these?

EDIT: Apologizes, I found them. They look great!

SpaceCowMan

Postby SpaceCowMan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Just bought the HT ones off evilbay. Will post a shot of complete set of all series 2 once they arrive.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 am

My TW case is slated to get here on Saturday. It's being shipped by FedEx though, and they suck for on-time deliveries around here, so we'll see.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

smee

Postby smee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm waiting for my local Hot Topic to get some in, they're supposed to call me when they do. Has anyone else (besides the few people that have already posted) seen them at their Hot Topic yet?

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:18 pm

smee wrote:I'm waiting for my local Hot Topic to get some in, they're supposed to call me when they do. Has anyone else (besides the few people that have already posted) seen them at their Hot Topic yet?

My HT hasn't gotten any in. They've only got 1 case for Horror Classics in.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:50 pm

HT is killing me on this wait. C'mon Hot Topic!

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:03 pm

HTs near me have had them in for awhile I love the voltron and werewolf! I WAS SO EXCITED I PULLED IT AND I WAS HOPING I DID JNSKFJB:DJHLEBHGF:OHSWF"IHDW!!!!!!!!!!
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

dpb1298

Postby dpb1298 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Went back to the GS where I got the Queen to see if what I thought was Voltron was still there. Someone else had been looking through it but after he couldn't find a heavy like Godzilla left. I picked up the two I was torn over and finally picked the one I thought was tallest and heaviest. All the employees gathered around to see if it was Voltron. It was! Wonderful evening, I think I am content with my Queen, Zilla and Voltron. Although I would love a commander cylon.
Collection:
Pops-88 + 2 pre-ordered
Pop Rides-1
Pocket Pops-1
Mystery Minis-34
Dorbz-9
Hikari-2
Vinyl-2

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:42 pm

My case should be here Friday, can't wait to see what I got... Then I need to find Zoidberg at HT
Kristen

Return to “Blind Bags”