Arkham Asylum Mystery Minis Announced!!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
HowardTheDuck

Re: Arkham Asylum Mystery Minis Announced!!

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Blehschmidt wrote:So, I am a Batman fan, but not a die hard Batman fan. Matter of fact, I have never even played the video games these mini's are based on. The real truth of the matter is that I really just like 3 of Batman's villains. Hush, Joker, and Scarecrow. So when these were announced, I was like, well I will get Scarecrow and Joker and call it a day.

Until today I hadn't seen these anywhere in town. Not Gamestop, not Hot Topic, no where. Today I stopped in Walgreens, and I found one box.....

Reading this thread, it seems like this is a stroke of luck on my part, but I have been collecting long enough that I hate scalpers as much as everyone else, so I am not running to E-Bay.

So, if anyone is willing to trade me Scarecrow and any one of the Jokers in this series (since I can't find the damn things anywhere!)....he is yours! (Shoot me a PM)

OOOOOOHHH! Wish I had those minis! Good luck whoever gets the trade!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Oblong

Postby Oblong » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Check your pm Blehschmidt, I have extras and would love to finish my set and stop harassing my Walgreens people. We haven't seen any in our town and bouncing about 3 stores is driving me nuts.
Mystery Mini Addict

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Appreciate the interest from folks, but I think I found my trade. I hope everyone who is looking for Croc is able to find him.

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:55 am

If anyone happens to come across any extras of the Walgreens exclusives please keep me in mind.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

smee

Postby smee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50 pm

A little over a week ago a manager at Walgreens was kind enough to order 12 "boys asst. mystery minis" for me. They got their shipment in today and when I got there the manager went in the back and brought out a sealed Funko cardboard shipper box with a complete case of Walgreens Arkham minis inside! Just wanted to report that having the manager order 12 luckily worked out for me. I haven't opened them yet but I can tell that Killer Croc (the insanely heavy box) is on the top row, front right spot. I'll post a diagram below. Good luck everyone!

TOP ROW

BACK

??? ???
??? ???
??? Killer Croc

FRONT

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:08 am

smee wrote:A little over a week ago a manager at Walgreens was kind enough to order 12 "boys asst. mystery minis" for me. They got their shipment in today and when I got there the manager went in the back and brought out a sealed Funko cardboard shipper box with a complete case of Walgreens Arkham minis inside! Just wanted to report that having the manager order 12 luckily worked out for me. I haven't opened them yet but I can tell that Killer Croc (the insanely heavy box) is on the top row, front right spot. I'll post a diagram below. Good luck everyone!

TOP ROW

BACK

??? ???
??? ???
??? Killer Croc

FRONT

Now, did you request the batman figures or just the boys assortment? I might have to do this as buying a case would be worth it to not pay the scalpers on Ebay. The manager might be more willing if I pay for the case up front as well due to the fact im in a relatively small town. Just sell the regulars and keep exclusives for my set.
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

smee

Postby smee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:44 am

hawkswin2008 wrote:
smee wrote:A little over a week ago a manager at Walgreens was kind enough to order 12 "boys asst. mystery minis" for me. They got their shipment in today and when I got there the manager went in the back and brought out a sealed Funko cardboard shipper box with a complete case of Walgreens Arkham minis inside! Just wanted to report that having the manager order 12 luckily worked out for me. I haven't opened them yet but I can tell that Killer Croc (the insanely heavy box) is on the top row, front right spot. I'll post a diagram below. Good luck everyone!

TOP ROW

BACK

??? ???
??? ???
??? Killer Croc

FRONT

Now, did you request the batman figures or just the boys assortment? I might have to do this as buying a case would be worth it to not pay the scalpers on Ebay. The manager might be more willing if I pay for the case up front as well due to the fact im in a relatively small town. Just sell the regulars and keep exclusives for my set.

The manager told me that they can't control which ones (boys asst.) they get in. I rolled the dice and just got lucky that the Arkham ones showed up...and a sealed case of them nonetheless. Other people on here have said they've tried ordering 12 and WWE ones showed up. It sounds like you get whatever Walgreen's distribution center sends. I live on the East Coast and I've seen 2 Walgreens get the Arkham minis so far (if that helps). Good luck!

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:31 am

None of the Walgreens in my area have Arkham minis at all. I am not sure they are even going to get them. I wish things were a little more straight forward with this. Just seems like a roll of the dice what Walgreens gets what. :/

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:45 am

I'm still out of luck as well. No Walgreens in my area has EVER received the Arkham minis. The Croc mini will end up being a grail piece for me it seems. I refuse to pay the ebay price for this! It is a 1:12 mini figure! Walgreens just doesn't know how to handle these type of items in their stores and their distribution is insane for products like this.
It may work for foot cream and motion sickness pills....but not collectibles! lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:48 pm

I finally lucked out yesterday. After way too many Walgreens, I stopped at one on my way home and found 4 boxes. One was Killer Croc. I am beyond ecstatic.
I would say I never want to see another Walgreens again ever, but those darn disney Princess exclusives are going to bury me. Especially since they aren't 1/12. :'(
ISO

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Congrats! I hope your luck holds out for the Princesses as well! I still still haven't seen either set.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:05 am

After over 60 different Walgreens over that past week and a half, even traveling out of state, I was so happy to find one. I think for the princesses I'm just gonna pay ebay prices if they're this hard to find to save me the aggravation. Maybe. Depends on the ebay prices.
ISO

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:59 pm

Went to 18 different Walgreens yesterday. I saw tons of My Little Pony, Nightmare Before Christmas and WWE minis but only 2 stores had Arkham for a total of 9 boxes. It was obvious none were Killer Croc but I bought them anywhere thinking maybe I'd get a complete set of the Detective Modes...unfortunately I ended up with zero exclusives. Pretty sure eBay is my only hope at this point. Walgreens and Walmart continue to be the worst retailers in America...

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Picked up some at Walgreens last night. I could tell Killer Croc wasn't one because of the weight but I bought the three the had in hopes their next restock would have him. I might have a problem lol
Pop! Count: 77

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 pm

If anyone ends up with extra Walgreens Batman figures, I might be interested. Missing Scarecrow and Harley as well, but since they get replaced in each exclusives case, and so far most people are only ever finding these at GS or Walgreens, I'm not holding out much hope.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Not sure if this was already known, but neither HT nor Walmart has exclusives for this set, I saw them at both places. Still no sign of them at any Walgreens near me though.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Not one Walgreens out of the 15 I have gone to have had eve one Arkham box. This is beyond annoying. I wish Walgreens would stop getting exclusives. They don't even order a whole case, just loose boxes. That is just crazy.

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:26 pm

You should try and ask a manager or someone to order 12 of the boys mystery minis. Then you just have to wait and hope that the right ones come in. If it does then you can just buy the whole box. It worked for me. I was able to get all 3 exclusives only opening 4 boxes then just returned the rest. I'll give you a tip. The case I got was brand new and the top front right box was killer Croc. He's super heavy it's totally obvious. If he's not there feel the other top ones but he should be top front right. And the two detective mode Batman ones are on the bottom. The bottom middle right and bottom back right. Hope that helps.

Drush1989

Postby Drush1989 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Finally found some at Walgreens and none were heavy. I would really like to get a Croc, but at least I got Mr. Freeze.

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 pm

3 Walgreens this morning and nothing but My Little Pony. I get the feeling this will be my luck all week while they are on sale.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:02 pm

HavokAndChaos wrote:3 Walgreens this morning and nothing but My Little Pony. I get the feeling this will be my luck all week while they are on sale.

They're on sale? Not like I've ever found any Arkham ones, but what is the sale price?

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 pm

wickerjay wrote:
HavokAndChaos wrote:3 Walgreens this morning and nothing but My Little Pony. I get the feeling this will be my luck all week while they are on sale.

They're on sale? Not like I've ever found any Arkham ones, but what is the sale price?

I believe they are buy one get one half off.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:23 am

Strending625 wrote:
wickerjay wrote:

I believe they are buy one get one half off.

Yep, all mystery minis at Walgreens are buy 1 get 1 half off.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 am

Maybe the sale is a prompt to try and move older stock. This way Walgreens can finally stock their exclusive line they paid to have.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:52 am

I'm sorely tempted to go and buy all the wrestling minis that have sat there for months, just to prompt them to order more and hopefully get some Arkham in. Then return the wrestling minis :p

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:13 am

Just snagged the full set of Walgreens minis (exclusives and regulars) off ebay, someone lowered the price of the set to 75 shipped so I couldn't skip it, now I Just need Harley, Scarecrow, and Red Hood. hopefully I can either trade for them or find them for a good price.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:16 am

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:Just snagged the full set of Walgreens minis (exclusives and regulars) off ebay, someone lowered the price of the set to 75 shipped so I couldn't skip it, now I Just need Harley, Scarecrow, and Red Hood. hopefully I can either trade for them or find them for a good price.

Good deal since, after taxes, that's basically Walgreens' retail price.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:18 am

wickerjay wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:Just snagged the full set of Walgreens minis (exclusives and regulars) off ebay, someone lowered the price of the set to 75 shipped so I couldn't skip it, now I Just need Harley, Scarecrow, and Red Hood. hopefully I can either trade for them or find them for a good price.

Good deal since, after taxes, that's basically Walgreens' retail price.

Yeah, my Walgreens sells them for 5.97 I believe, and tax her is 8.7 percent, so it actually wound up being cheaper, plus it's guaranteed as the whole set is opened.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:18 am

Has anyone seen the "normal" case out in the wild? I don't know if Hot Topic ever got these in (that I've seen), I've had no luck with Walmart, and GS/Walgreens both have modified cases for their exclusives.

I too am missing Harley and Scarecrow (no interest in Red Hood), in addition to the Walgreen's chases.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:20 am

RogueSolo wrote:Has anyone seen the "normal" case out in the wild? I don't know if Hot Topic ever got these in (that I've seen), I've had no luck with Walmart, and GS/Walgreens both have modified cases for their exclusives.

I too am missing Harley and Scarecrow (no interest in Red Hood), in addition to the Walgreen's chases.

I found them at HT, bought one seeing if the case layout was similar the gamestop set, but no such luck, got Joker. I also saw them at Walmart, but they weren't ringing up, they were almost gonna sell them to me for 4 bucks a piece, but at the last minute their supervisor said they can't sell them if it's not ringing up. XD
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Has anyone seen the "normal" case out in the wild? I don't know if Hot Topic ever got these in (that I've seen), I've had no luck with Walmart, and GS/Walgreens both have modified cases for their exclusives.

I found them at HT, bought one seeing if the case layout was similar the gamestop set, but no such luck, got Joker. I also saw them at Walmart, but they weren't ringing up, they were almost gonna sell them to me for 4 bucks a piece, but at the last minute their supervisor said they can't sell them if it's not ringing up. XD

I had that happen to me with the Brock Lesnar POP! figure, but I was able to convince the self-checkout employee to just manually key them in.

Guess my area just missed out on them for some reason...
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:32 am

I went to 3 Walgreens during lunch....still nothing

Drush1989

Postby Drush1989 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:49 am

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:

Same thing happened to me at Walmart. I told them they should by the same price as the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones minis, so they let me scan one of those and buy the Arkham ones.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Ask and you shall receive! These showed up at HT today. Going to swing by after work and pick up what I'm missing!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm down to missing only one of the Walgreens det. Mode Batman. The one with both fists up. If anyone can keep their eyes out for me I'd really appreciate it.
ISO

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Struck out big time at HT this afternoon. The provided "regular" case layout was a complete miss. I managed one of the three figures I was after (Harley) and pulled three dupes (Ivy, Joker, and one-fist Batman)

Here's what I found.
TOP:
(back)
Harley, Ivy
XXX, Batman (one fist)
XXX, XXX
(front)

BOTTOM:
(back)
XXX, XXX
XXX, XXX
Joker, XXX
(front)
Marty
Funklub member #1093

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:24 pm

My walgreens also got a case in but they are so shady. They never put the minis on the shelf. I had to ask the manager and he went into the back and brought out the case. Of course Croc was missing. There were 10 boxes left so I grabbed two. Turned out to be Joker & Ivy. So I went back like a minute later and told him I didn't get the ones I wanted. can I grab some more and he said no we are limiting them to 2 per person. I swear what kind of store doesn't want to sell their merchandise. I totally give up on that store.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:46 pm

That's shady as hell.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:58 pm

My Walgreens hasn't had anything but game of thrones, wwe and mlp. Never anything batman related and there is never a whole case display just a couple loose ones on the shelf.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:My walgreens also got a case in but they are so shady. They never put the minis on the shelf. I had to ask the manager and he went into the back and brought out the case. Of course Croc was missing. There were 10 boxes left so I grabbed two. Turned out to be Joker & Ivy. So I went back like a minute later and told him I didn't get the ones I wanted. can I grab some more and he said no we are limiting them to 2 per person. I swear what kind of store doesn't want to sell their merchandise. I totally give up on that store.

That's ridiculous. I get doing that with pops, but not for mystery minis, that makes no sense at all.
Hi, I'm Michael

ImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”