Sci-Fi Robby The Robot Mystery Mini Proto

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
HookedOnVinyl

Sci-Fi Robby The Robot Mystery Mini Proto

Postby HookedOnVinyl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:03 am

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if Funko have released Mystery Mini Protos from the Sci-Fi Series 1 line? There is a listing on eBay based in the US, but I just don't trust eBay for these things. I've included the link below, so please remove if not allowed.

Cheers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291613751071?redirect=mobile
If you have/know of any Mystery Mini Protos for sale please PM me. Thanks!

Hello! My name is Neil…and I'm…I'm…I'm a Funkaholic damn it!

ShyGuyPal

Re: Sci-Fi Robby The Robot Mystery Mini Proto

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:36 pm

I saw this a few days ago, and was pretty impressed by the figure if it isn't legitimate. The plastic bubble plus the plastic model makes me think it's real since making a plastic bubble like that would be difficult to make if it wasn't a prototype. I don't know much about prototypes though.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

HookedOnVinyl

Postby HookedOnVinyl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Could it not be a normal fig stripped down to the vinyl. I spoke to the guy and he says he got it from another seller on eBay, but doesn't have any providence. I have one MM proto which I bought from Gemini and I'm keeping the receipt as proof of purchase just in case I do decide to sell sometime down the road. This fig really does appeal to me, but I'm very cautious.

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:41 pm

It looks to me like it's a stripped figure. The picture is low resolution but it looks fuzzy in the crevices and the discoloration on the knee seems odd. All the other MM photos I have seen are "whiter" like virgin vinyl. Acetone/paint thinner tends to discolor the vinyl. I have noticed that Protos tend to be slightly bigger than the production pieces as well. Don't know if this holds true for MMs but you might ask for a pic of the photo next to a production piece to compare them.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

HookedOnVinyl

Postby HookedOnVinyl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I think I've decided to give it a miss, but it angers me to think that people get away with this . :evil:

Return to “Blind Bags”