Question about whole set of mystery minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Chestnut

Question about whole set of mystery minis

Postby Chestnut » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 am

Hey, I watched a video on Youtube. One guy said if I buy a set of X(the number of mystery minis) mystery minis, I will get the whole set (don't have duplicates).
Is this true?
If this is true, can anyone tell me where (stores or online) can I get a whole set of mystery minis?
I'm living in a small town in Kansas, we don't have many good comic shops....We don't have HT and B and N in this town....only Gamestop and Hastings.
Thanks for your answers.
Care about Better Mold; Don't Care about Older Vault. :hello1:
Number of Collections:
1). Kotobukiya: 31 Bishoujo & 26 ArtFx+
2). Funko: 400+ Pop & 96 Mystery Minis & 36 PSH & 13 Rock Candy
3). Qmx: Have all Q-figs excepet first version of Catwoman

IG: leslief622

Mr Yac

Re: Question about whole set of mystery minis

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:10 am

it depends on the set, if each figure has a 1/12 rarity than you will get a whole set. if the rarities are any higher it's more of a crapshoot.

Chestnut

Postby Chestnut » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:01 am

Mr Yac wrote:it depends on the set, if each figure has a 1/12 rarity than you will get a whole set. if the rarities are any higher it's more of a crapshoot.

I'm new in these mini figures...
Do you mean: if the whole set has 12 mini figures(show in Funko's official picture) than, I will get whole set.
If there are more than 12 mini figures show in Funko's official photo, I need to find a way to get the one that not in the box I bought?( such as eBay)
Number of Collections:

Chestnut

Postby Chestnut » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:02 am

Mr Yac wrote:it depends on the set, if each figure has a 1/12 rarity than you will get a whole set. if the rarities are any higher it's more of a crapshoot.

And do you know where I can order a set(12 mini) from online? I'm interested in GOT and TWD.
Thanks!
Number of Collections:

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:59 am

With those particular series that you are interested buying one case will NOT guarentee you the complete set. It is sad, but very true.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:42 am

A set of 12 minis is usually referred to as a case. Cases are usually packed in quantities of 12 these days (used to be 24).

Each figure will have a ratio associated with it, in multiples of 12. For example: 1:6 means out of every six figures, there's guaranteed to be one of that character. 1:6 also means that in a case of 12 figures, there will be 2 of that character - 2:12. Then there's 1:12, 1:24, 1:36, and 1:72. 1:72 is the hardest/most rare in that series, meaning there is only one chance of that character out of six different cases.

Certain series, like The Avengers: Age of Ultron, will have all characters be a 1:12 ratio, so you are guaranteed to get all the different figures in one case. Series' like Game of Throns and Walking Dead on the other hand will usually have 9 "common" characters at a 1:12 ratio, with a variety of other more rare characters going from 1:24 to 1:72.

Then you get into store exclusives like Hot Topic and/or GameStop. In those instances, you will see new/different/variant characters that replace other characters from the regular set. Going back to my Ultron example, Hot Topic had three exclusive figures (Metallic Iron Man, Metallic Iron Sentinel, and Black Widow w/blue accents). Those three characters replaced their "regular" counterparts in the Hot Topic case. So if you wanted to be 100% complete for that series, you will need to buy a "regular" case to get the base set of 12 figures, and then find/buy the three Hot Topic Exclusives. A total of 15 figures.

Store exclusives can also have different rarities. For example: Walking Dead series 3 had three HT exclusives - Eugene (1:12, guaranteed one in every HT case), Abraham (1:24, one in every two HT cases), and Rosita (1:72, one in every six HT cases). This makes it a heck of a lot harder to 100% complete the series, since not too many Rosita's were found in the wild (pulled from HT cases).

As to where to buy them from online, a simple internet search should yield sufficient answers. Beware of buying full cases on eBay however. The seller may knowingly or "unknowingly" grab 12 random boxes and call it a case and ship it to you that way; in which case you'll probably end up with duplicates of figures you shouldn't have. Make sure they specify that it's a sealed (plastic-wrapped) case before you pay.

* After all this is said and done, I feel I should write the disclaimer that the factory employees that box up the cases are human after-all. Even though they're supposed to pack a certain way, mistakes have been made (that other funatics have found) where a case was shorted one character and packed with a duplicate of another. It's uncommon, but does occasionally happen.

For a good starting point on figures and ratios, check out Suprcel's checklist of Mystery Mini series' in the Lists, Lists, and more Lists sub-forum.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:27 am

/\ excellent info!
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Chestnut

Postby Chestnut » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

RogueSolo wrote:A set of 12 minis is usually referred to as a case. Cases are usually packed in quantities of 12 these days (used to be 24).

Each figure will have a ratio associated with it, in multiples of 12. For example: 1:6 means out of every six figures, there's guaranteed to be one of that character. 1:6 also means that in a case of 12 figures, there will be 2 of that character - 2:12. Then there's 1:12, 1:24, 1:36, and 1:72. 1:72 is the hardest/most rare in that series, meaning there is only one chance of that character out of six different cases.

Certain series, like The Avengers: Age of Ultron, will have all characters be a 1:12 ratio, so you are guaranteed to get all the different figures in one case. Series' like Game of Throns and Walking Dead on the other hand will usually have 9 "common" characters at a 1:12 ratio, with a variety of other more rare characters going from 1:24 to 1:72.

Then you get into store exclusives like Hot Topic and/or GameStop. In those instances, you will see new/different/variant characters that replace other characters from the regular set. Going back to my Ultron example, Hot Topic had three exclusive figures (Metallic Iron Man, Metallic Iron Sentinel, and Black Widow w/blue accents). Those three characters replaced their "regular" counterparts in the Hot Topic case. So if you wanted to be 100% complete for that series, you will need to buy a "regular" case to get the base set of 12 figures, and then find/buy the three Hot Topic Exclusives. A total of 15 figures.

Store exclusives can also have different rarities. For example: Walking Dead series 3 had three HT exclusives - Eugene (1:12, guaranteed one in every HT case), Abraham (1:24, one in every two HT cases), and Rosita (1:72, one in every six HT cases). This makes it a heck of a lot harder to 100% complete the series, since not too many Rosita's were found in the wild (pulled from HT cases).

As to where to buy them from online, a simple internet search should yield sufficient answers. Beware of buying full cases on eBay however. The seller may knowingly or "unknowingly" grab 12 random boxes and call it a case and ship it to you that way; in which case you'll probably end up with duplicates of figures you shouldn't have. Make sure they specify that it's a sealed (plastic-wrapped) case before you pay.

* After all this is said and done, I feel I should write the disclaimer that the factory employees that box up the cases are human after-all. Even though they're supposed to pack a certain way, mistakes have been made (that other funatics have found) where a case was shorted one character and packed with a duplicate of another. It's uncommon, but does occasionally happen.

For a good starting point on figures and ratios, check out Suprcel's checklist of Mystery Mini series' in the Lists, Lists, and more Lists sub-forum.

Thanks so much for these information!
I went to my local Gamestop today, but they don't have a case of GOT or TWD...
Do you know a website named J and K stuff. I searched them on internet, but there aren't much infor....
I just don't know if this website is trustworthy or not...
Number of Collections:

jester00

Postby jester00 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:47 pm

The new NBC minis are all 1:12. I bought from a fresh case and bought the top 6. And got 3 doubles
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:50 pm

jester00 wrote:The new NBC minis are all 1:12. I bought from a fresh case and bought the top 6. And got 3 doubles

odd, are you sure it was fresh? did you watch the cellophane come off of it? it's possible otherwise that whatever was left from 2 or more boxes was combined.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 pm

RogueSolo wrote:A set of 12 minis is usually referred to as a case. Cases are usually packed in quantities of 12 these days (used to be 24).

This summary needs to be shared with all MM n00bs. Wish I had known this before I bought my first case of DC Batman minis.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:33 am

Check the following for cases, this should get you a good start. Sadly, the lines you are looking for have will have chase figures that may require ebay to finish the set. There is a section on this site to buy, sell, or trade to get what you want. There are also fellow funatics that may be able to help you track them down...just ask around. Hope this helps

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... ry%20minis
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... is&eeshop=
http://toywars.com/search?q=mystery+minis
https://www.fugitivetoys.com/collection ... tery-minis
http://www.geminicollectibles.net/funko ... clearance/
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Chestnut

Postby Chestnut » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 am

Battastic wrote:Check the following for cases, this should get you a good start. Sadly, the lines you are looking for have will have chase figures that may require ebay to finish the set. There is a section on this site to buy, sell, or trade to get what you want. There are also fellow funatics that may be able to help you track them down...just ask around. Hope this helps

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... ry%20minis
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... is&eeshop=
http://toywars.com/search?q=mystery+minis
https://www.fugitivetoys.com/collection ... tery-minis
http://www.geminicollectibles.net/funko ... clearance/

Thanks so much!!!!
Number of Collections: