Best of Anime: Series 2 Mystery Minis!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Blake85

Re: Best of Anime: Series 2 Mystery Minis!

Postby Blake85 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:30 am

RogueSolo wrote:
Blake85 wrote:Just grabed a few regular ones

Where at?

My comic shop.
I have no clue what the layout is.
I just hope i get the DBZ ones

Plus i need those HT ones
Well just the dbz exclusives
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Thats good news, hopefully these normal boxes (along with a layout) will start popping up, I need those common DBZ minis! *mouth foams*
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 pm

I grab 4 from the bottom layer.
Got all DBZ n Naruto!
Just need SS goku
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Blake85 wrote:I grab 4 from the bottom layer.
Got all DBZ n Naruto!
Just need SS goku

DO you happen to know which 4? I am waiting on the regular set to come out; I already got vegeta and SS goku from hot topic. Vege and SS goku were bottom layer, middle 2.

ISO:

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:40 pm

i wish kon was smaller
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:11 am

Regular box is as follows

Light ....Sauske
L.........RYUK
Ichigo....KON
Front

Bottom
Luffy....CHopper
Vegeta....Goku
Piccolo...Naruto
Front
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:01 am

kiptrip wrote:i wish kon was smaller

Same here, but I guess that'd be too obvious for box shakers. I still want him though.
I tried to quit, then Fallout 4 minis happened.

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Regular box is as follows

Light ....Sauske
L.........RYUK
Ichigo....KON
Front

Bottom
Luffy....CHopper
Vegeta....Goku
Piccolo...Naruto
Front

Thanks! I appreciate the layout!

Edit: I just ran into a brand new shipment at a Eb games. Got myself the goku, piccolo and sasuke, along with vegeta for a friend. Thanks again for the layout!

I now have everything I need since I got ss goku, vegeta and kakashi from the hot topic set.
Last edited by anm00727 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ISO:

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Broad St Gooner wrote:
kiptrip wrote:i wish kon was smaller

Same here, but I guess that'd be too obvious for box shakers. I still want him though.

hehe me too. I guess his size is proportional to the Pop Ichigo :)
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:39 pm

anm00727 wrote:

Light ....Sauske
L.........RYUK
Ichigo....KON
Front

Bottom
Luffy....CHopper
Vegeta....Goku
Piccolo...Naruto
Front

Edit: I just ran into a brand new shipment at a Eb games. Got myself the goku, piccolo and sasuke, along with vegeta for a friend. Thanks again for the layout!

I now have everything I need since I got ss goku, vegeta and kakashi from the hot topic set.

Thanks for posting that you saw them at EB Games! I picked up what I needed this evening :D

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:54 pm

beachball48 wrote:
anm00727 wrote:

Light ....Sauske
L.........RYUK
Ichigo....KON
Front

Bottom
Luffy....CHopper
Vegeta....Goku
Piccolo...Naruto
Front

Thanks for posting that you saw them at EB Games! I picked up what I needed this evening :D

No problem! What did you get? I was lucky that the box was untouched. It was literally still in a cardboard shipping box, just ripped open to see what was inside.

ISO:

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:20 pm

anm00727 wrote:
beachball48 wrote:
anm00727 wrote:

No problem! What did you get? I was lucky that the box was untouched. It was literally still in a cardboard shipping box, just ripped open to see what was inside.

I got my 3 Death Note characters :) That's all I wanted. There was no risk though, because my friend bought the rest of the box hahaha.

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Death note is the only ones I wanted too!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:48 am

Light ....Sauske
L.........RYUK
Ichigo....KON
Front

Bottom
Luffy....CHopper
Vegeta....Goku
Piccolo...Naruto
Front

Wish I would've seen this before buying mystery mini's yesterday. However, it was spur of the moment. And I believe the box had already been messed with, because that wasn't the order in which I grabbed and I got Goku, Vegeta and Tonytony.

smee

Postby smee » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:52 pm

Found a fresh "regular case" at TRU today, followed the case map and was able to pull a Piccolo and Goku. Thanks for posting/sharing the layouts everyone, it worked like a charm.

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Yea, I love the layouts, got all HT Goku and Kakashi, along with Vegeta, Piccolo, Normal Goku and Sasuke with ease. Also got a 2nd set of DBZ minis for a colleague when I spotted a fresh box too!

Wish they had more DBZ minis, or their own dedicated box.

Actually, on second thought, no dedicated box. I need the money lol

ISO:

TurboBacon

Postby TurboBacon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:49 pm

smee wrote:Found a fresh "regular case" at TRU today, followed the case map and was able to pull a Piccolo and Goku. Thanks for posting/sharing the layouts everyone, it worked like a charm.

Came here to post this, looks like some kids shuffled around the case at mine but I lucked out and pulled the Goku and Piccolo as well!
Check TRU for the non ex minis.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 pm

I have an extra Vegeta and Tony Tony Chopper if anyone is looking for those.

TheSecondKira

Postby TheSecondKira » Sun May 01, 2016 6:40 am

I would only pick and choose a few minis I like (Mal and Jayne from the Sci-Fi box for example), but they got me when the Anime lines came out - I needed ALL of those. I have all the Series 2 except Rukia and SSJ Goku.
Started collecting: June 2015, Favorite lines: Pop Vinyl and Mystery Mini
First Pop: Heimdall, First Convention Pop: Red Eye Frieza, Fave Grail: SDCC Billy (Saw)
Favorite completed sets: Firefly, Michael Jackson, One Piece and Community, Most owned category: Animation

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Sun May 08, 2016 12:52 am

Some one educate me. There are two different cases of minis? A regular case and a Hot Topic exclusive case? I've never brought minis before so I don't know.
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:30 am

eastWOLF wrote:Some one educate me. There are two different cases of minis? A regular case and a Hot Topic exclusive case? I've never brought minis before so I don't know.

Yup. The Hot Topic exclusive case sells the Super Sayian Goku, Rukia and Kakashi while the regular case replaces those 3 with Regular Goku, Kon, and Piccolo.
Checkmate.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed May 18, 2016 2:05 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:
eastWOLF wrote:Some one educate me. There are two different cases of minis? A regular case and a Hot Topic exclusive case? I've never brought minis before so I don't know.

Yup. The Hot Topic exclusive case sells the Super Sayian Goku, Rukia and Kakashi while the regular case replaces those 3 with Regular Goku, Kon, and Piccolo.

Thanks for this! Great to know since am only after bleach ones.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:17 pm

a bit late (my area sucks for getting stuff in) but wanted to say thanks for the layout, was able to grab Piccolo & Vegeta.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:24 pm

These series really need their own MM set. I mean if they can do it for Fallout why not series like DBZ or Naruto??
Checkmate.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:31 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:These series really need their own MM set. I mean if they can do it for Fallout why not series like DBZ or Naruto??

I agree. Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto could easily carry their own entire lines. like you said Fallout got one hell Frozen and the dang Minions got their own lines and they don't have a tenth of the characters to work with.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
SoulSnipers53 wrote:These series really need their own MM set. I mean if they can do it for Fallout why not series like DBZ or Naruto??

I agree. Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto could easily carry their own entire lines. like you said Fallout got one hell Frozen and the dang Minions got their own lines and they don't have a tenth of the characters to work with.

So true. Perhaps they're using this set to test the market for interest in characters and specific anime.

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:01 pm

I don't know, I suppose I prefer the mixed series sets. DBZ and Naruto (and AoT) make up such a big part of the anime merchandise market in the US that it gets difficult to find merch of series that isn't of those. It's been cool to see certain anime get represented that probably wouldn't of gotten it otherwise (Black Butler, Death Note, Soul Eater, etc). It's also not a bad idea to mix it up since anime is still a rather niche market, even now that it's regaining some footing in popularity.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:43 pm

sylin wrote: It's also not a bad idea to mix it up since anime is still a rather niche market, even now that it's regaining some footing in popularity.

so basically you say clip the wings of the high flyers so that the flightless birds have a chance to play with the flock? I don't see why there can't still be a generic anime line while still allowing the obviously more massive franchises to be fully explored. there is a generic Horror and Sci-Fi set of minis but that doesn't stop other movies from getting their own.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 am

Mr Yac wrote:
sylin wrote: It's also not a bad idea to mix it up since anime is still a rather niche market, even now that it's regaining some footing in popularity.

so basically you say clip the wings of the high flyers so that the flightless birds have a chance to play with the flock? I don't see why there can't still be a generic anime line while still allowing the obviously more massive franchises to be fully explored. there is a generic Horror and Sci-Fi set of minis but that doesn't stop other movies from getting their own.

I think we can definitely have both. Using the Fallout example again, Fallout has 2 of its own MM sets and its included in Bethesda All Stars MM set. This shows Funko has no issue with both making both mixed sets and individual sets with certain series. I think it will be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't do this with the incredibly popular anime titles like DBZ, Naruto or One Piece.
Checkmate.

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I think we can definitely have both. Using the Fallout example again, Fallout has 2 of its own MM sets and its included in Bethesda All Stars MM set. This shows Funko has no issue with both making both mixed sets and individual sets with certain series. I think it will be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't do this with the incredibly popular anime titles like DBZ, Naruto or One Piece.

Well, Funko hasn't announced all that many mixed sets this year, and they may be weaning themselves away from them. Bethesda, 80s Arcade, and Disney Villains (if that counts) are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Still that said, although I love One Piece and Naruto, the latter seems to be on the decline in popularity since the main series ended and the former while having a sizeable fanbase is still not quite the powerhouse here in the west. DBZ would probably be a feasible set, but it's still a series with so much merch out already, and other companies (TLS, ZagToys) are already making their own collectible minis for the show. I guess I just think pushing more diversity in the toylines, especially for Funko who are more open to niche franchises, is important. Although I do understand the opposing argument to this, I'm just more 'meh' about it.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Is gold Naruto still saught after? I saw 2 at GameStop today.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Valde wrote:Is gold Naruto still saught after? I saw 2 at GameStop today.

I think it's a cool piece. I would have picked one up if I ever saw it but I rarely go to the mall anymore to check.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Looks like Gamestop is doing something similar to the Gold Naruto, only with a GITD Super Saiyan Goku Mini. You get this if you buy the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Limited Edition Golden Bundle

Checkmate.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:39 pm

... aaand Imma need help getting my hands on him as well...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:36 pm

that's much cooler than the Gold Naruto. actually surprised they didn't do a red Luffy for the One Piece game.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:29 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Looks like Gamestop is doing something similar to the Gold Naruto, only with a GITD Super Saiyan Goku Mini. You get this if you buy the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Limited Edition Golden Bundle

Oh man!!!! Incentive to buy game kicks in...
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Kuro-kun

Postby Kuro-kun » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:35 am

That's so cool! I wonder if this one will be sold separately like Gold Naruto.
/\,,,/\
( ˆ ˘ ˆ)
My name's Liz!
Pokémon Collector and Pop Funatic ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Stats:
Pops - ??? / Mystery Minis - ??
6" Pops - ?? / Dorbz - ??

Newest Pop - Grimmjow
Major Grail ISO - Pokemon Eevee Proto and White Kurama Proto
ISO - (White Shirt) Mario Maurer Pop

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I only want the dbz ones !
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Aww man. I'm going to need to preorder Xenoverse.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:28 am

well like naruto im sure we will be ableto find these. Because I saw a gamestop preorder list of printout and it showed it at $9.99. I think GS will realize that it will make more mone yselling these on the back end afterwards. So be patient and do not over pay.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Return to “Blind Bags”