WWE Wave 2 Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Chadisfaction

WWE Wave 2 Mystery Minis

Postby Chadisfaction » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Wonder when we will know the street date for the WWE wave 2 mystery minis and where any exclusives might end up, hopefully not Walmart again.....Walgreens wouldn't be any better though lol

Quazimoto

Re: WWE Wave 2 Mystery Minis

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:39 pm

I'm eagerly anticipating these as well. And PRAYING... Please Funko, don't let there be any Walmart or Walgreens exclusives. I lucked out and was able to find the Walmart exclusives from a fellow board member here, but have yet to see any WWE Minis in a Walmart or Walgreens around here.

gogman

Postby gogman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Does anyone have the full list of names of the wrestlers? There are a couple I don't recognise from the concept art.

I'm absolutely loving the series though - keep the 80s and 90s ones coming please Funko.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:52 pm

This might help:
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:58 pm

^^^ EDIT: Gah! RougeSolo beat me to posting the pic while I was typing.

RogueSolo wrote:This might help:

Top Row
Randy Orton
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Seth Rollins
Kevin Nash

Middle Row

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar
Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bottom Row
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase
Sgt. Slaughter
Dolph Ziggler
Sting
John Cena

Might still be some unannouncedd characters as store exclusive given that the Walmart exclusives in Series 1 were not seen until someone actually found them in stores.

Ramirez16

Postby Ramirez16 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 pm

I need that Sting
Follow me on IG!
http://i.instagram.com/ramirezi6

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Quazimoto wrote:^^^ EDIT: Gah! RougeSolo beat me to posting the pic while I was typing.

Top Row
Randy Orton
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Seth Rollins
Kevin Nash

Middle Row

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar
Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bottom Row
Sgt. Slaughter
Dolph Ziggler
Sting
John Cena

Might still be some unannouncedd characters as store exclusive given that the Walmart exclusives in Series 1 were not seen until someone actually found them in stores.

Based on the outfit the top right one is wearing, I really don't think that it's Nash.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Desiel always wore long leather pants, but it would've strange to include Razor Ramon and not Nash.

Since there are 16 would you guys be betting on exclusives or some being a higher rarity?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm thinking that we are going to end up with 3 exclusives to somewhere.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:39 pm

It's Nash in his gear from the 2014 Rumble. They just screwed up and didn't paint his legs. Hopefully that gets fixed.

--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Chadisfaction

Postby Chadisfaction » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Propellarhead9 wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:^^^ EDIT: Gah! RougeSolo beat me to posting the pic while I was typing.

Top Row
Randy Orton
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Seth Rollins
Kevin Nash

Middle Row

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar
Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bottom Row
Sgt. Slaughter
Dolph Ziggler
Sting
John Cena

Based on the outfit the top right one is wearing, I really don't think that it's Nash.

It's def Nash

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Where's the rest of the Hart Foundation? Hmm...well....we're waiting.

I dig this set. The American Dream and the son America has always dreamed of, Goldust.
Funklub: 11181

Oblong

Postby Oblong » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Wow, so this set takes on a slightly darker undertone. Just the same I am happy they have lots of the wrestlers from back in the day.

It is noteworthy to see there are no female wrestlers in the set but that may be a sign that there will be exclusives. And how did they get this license without promising a Vince McMahon? lol
Mystery Mini Addict

gogman

Postby gogman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:05 am

Top Row
Randy Orton
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Seth Rollins
Kevin Nash

Middle Row

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar
Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bottom Row
Sgt. Slaughter
Dolph Ziggler
Sting
John Cena

Thanks for the name Quazimoto.

As there are 16 shown and I presume it will be a 12 piece case, I think the chances are that some of these will be the exclusives. Although it could be that as these are concept designs they may just drop four of these and add new exclusives in nearer the time, like they did with the Sci-Fi series 2 set.

Juggernaut209

Postby Juggernaut209 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 pm

I did not know a second series of wrestlers was coming, I need Mick Foley, Jake the Snake, and Sgt. Slaughter ASAP!
POP! Count - 64
Mystery Mini Count - 327
Mini Wants: Zootopia Nick Wilde
Minis to Trade: 1/144 Jaime Lannister, 1/72 WALL-E, Robbie the Robot, Bloody Predator, King Joffrey, Carl Grimes, Diablo, Super Mutant, Jason Voorhees (Series 3)
Toy pics from my collection: https://www.instagram.com/presidentjuggernaut/

TheFunkoholic

Postby TheFunkoholic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:45 am

I'm wondering when these are going to be hitting shelves? Series 2 looks fantastic and what a nice balance between current stars and legends, it's great to see that Funko cares about both ends of the spectrum.

I'm picking up the first wave in a lot from eBay soon, exclusive figures included, as I HATE the idea of them being in a mystery box. Buying the same characters over and over is annoying so I promised myself I'd never do it again.

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Juggernaut209 wrote:I did not know a second series of wrestlers was coming

Shhh!!! You're going to make Vince mad. They're not wrestlers, they're Sports Entertainers.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 pm

TheFunkoholic wrote:I'm wondering when these are going to be hitting shelves? Series 2 looks fantastic and what a nice balance between current stars and legends, it's great to see that Funko cares about both ends of the spectrum.

I'm picking up the first wave in a lot from eBay soon, exclusive figures included, as I HATE the idea of them being in a mystery box. Buying the same characters over and over is annoying so I promised myself I'd never do it again.

I'm generally with you there. Resisted getting into Mystery Minis for that very reason (then the first WWE series hit and I went from zero MMs to almost 60 in the span of a few months - I have a problem, lol). However, I don't so much mind the blind box aspect with the WWE ones because I tend to want most of the characters. Only three from series one I didn't want. And two from series two that I don't much care for, so I'll just buy a case (or two) when they come out.

I only hope there aren't any Walgreens or Walmart exclusives this time around. GameStop or Hot Topic are fine, but the Walmart and Walgreens ones are so flippin' hard to find.

molamola790

Postby molamola790 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:39 pm

i wish they would just stick with classic wrestlers for this line, I watch the current product and all so I'm not one of those people that haven't watched in 20 years but I just prefer minis of the classics

jimmyk888

Postby jimmyk888 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Really looking forward to this set! I hope Ricky Steamboat pops up as an exclusive.

AL78

Postby AL78 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Wow! Awesome line up! It would of been cool to see a Kamala w/his entrance gear! Haha!

jimmyk888

Postby jimmyk888 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Any release date on these?

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed May 18, 2016 7:19 pm

jimmyk888 wrote:Any release date on these?

None yet. I suspect you'll see an announcement next month or in July, but that's just a guess on my part

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

Patiently waiting for these!
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

Snapz

Postby Snapz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:23 pm

I would love an NWO variant of Hall, Nash and Sting.
Dorbz - 186 (counting each multi dorbz box as 1)
Pop - 21
Mystery Minis - 73
Rock Candy - 4
Hikari - 1

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 am

NOT so patiently waiting on these, haha!! I have been googling "wwe mystery minis series 2" for MONTHS trying to get anything, and the last couple of months trying to get anything besides that one catalog image of illustrated mock-ups.

has ANYONE seen ANY other images besides this one? it's great, and I love the selection and the stylings (except for Nash in trunks - I sincerely hope they fix that), BUT I am getting so dang antsy waiting on these. I have all 15 of the first series, and they are amazing. this one set has gotten me into collecting, as I never had before. but now I am feeling awfully greedy and impatient!

please, if anyone knows anything at all about these beyond that one photo and an "expected" july or august release, please let us all know!!!

thanks! dig the forum!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:03 pm

I wouldn't expect to hear anything at all about these until after SDCC. Probably closer to SummerSlam in all honesty.

And you're not alone... I'm eagerly anticipating them too. But don't worry. Mystery Minis don't seem to get officially announced with glam shots and all that until about a month before release.

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:35 am

Quazimoto, thanks for the details. I sure hope SDCC and/or SSlam light a fire to get these out!!

Another exciting thing for me is this: they HAVE TO make a Series 3, 4, (who knows?) because they still have yet to make some KEY figures in my opinion. Love them or hate them, it seems odd that WWE would license a toy line of ANY kind that did not include (eventually) a Triple H figure, right?? For that matter, it seems odd not to have ones for HBK, Kane, Big Show and even Vince. Furthermore, with the turning over to the "New Era," you would think they would want to make ones of Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor... imagine Enzo & Cass!!! And that's not to mention the tons of old-school they could still make bank from like the Legion of Doom, Big Bossman, Mr Perfect... the possibilities are endless, yes, but it seems like some of these are the kind of no-brainers that they would never let a toy-line end without having made some of these.

Fingers crossed!!!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Well, Series 1 came out around August/September last year (though I think a few started popping up at the end of July). That's why I'd expect around about the same time frame for Series 2.

Indeed, there's certainly a plethora of choices for further series (I've already got a dream line-up for series 3 mapped out in my head - lol). And frankly, I'm kinda shocked there hasn't been a Triple H or Shawn Michaels yet (maybe Hot Topic or GameStop exclusives in the green and black DX gear or something - just a thought I had). Obviously series 1 sold well enough to warrant a series 2, so it's really all about sales as to whether or not we'll see any beyond this upcoming one. I think the line-up for series 2 is excellent. Only two guys I don't really want. The rest are almost all must haves for me.

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Quazimoto, thanks for all the thoughts, man. I agree, I hope sales are huge. I want about 100 of these little dudes! I haven't like a wrestling figure like these since the old Hasbro WWF days. These just feel right to me, and they just make me want all of them. I have some other MUST-MAKES in mind too - like a WMXIV HBK, King of Kings (long-hair) Trips, ORIGINAL Kane, Paul Bearer, Papa Shango, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Enzo Amore, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, X-Pac, Big Bossman, Vader, Dudley Boyz, Mr. Perfect, and damn... a lot more!! I hope these continue. They are rad.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 am

LOL. I don't know about 100, but I could easily come up with 50 guys and gals I'd love to see immortalized in mystery mini form... Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Big Show, Kane, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Demolition, The Road Warriors, The Bushwhackers, The Nasty Boys, Rick Martel, "Surfer" Sting, Lex Luger, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Big Bossman (classic version, with the blue shirt), The British Bulldog, Owen Hart (won't ever happen), Earthquake, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Bam Bam Bigelow, Vader, Ricky Steamboat, Junkyard Dog, Greg Valentine, Yokozuna, Honky Tonk Man, JBL, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Dude Love, Cactus Jack... and that doesn't even mention any current guys like... Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, The New Day, Rusev, Bray Wyatt, AJ Styles, Alberto Del Rio, Shinske Nakamura, Luke Harper, Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, Sheamus... See, that's 57 off the top of my head and I didn't even mention any female wrestlers from past or present.

Really hope that series 2 is released and sells very well so they'll continue making WWE Mystery Minis. It's a pretty good line-up. Arguably much better than series 1 even, so I think they'll sell pretty well indeed. I'm know I'll be buying at least one full case (maybe two, depending on exclusives and rarity ratios).

Funny that you mention the old Hasbro WWE figure. I thought the first time I saw series 1 that they had the same sort of spirit as those old Hasbros and I have very fond memories of those back in my day.

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm

AHHHH!!! Bigelow, Honky Tonk, Yoko & the Nastys!!!!! Those would be KILLER!!!!

And they totally have the spirit of the old Hasbros. That is why I was immediately drawn to these. These are the first (and still only) Funko products that I have purchased. I was never a fan of the Pop! figures because to me they are just motionless bobble-heads, and I have spent my entire life hating bobble-heads. I don't like the extreme disproportion of those types of figures. But I do enjoy a less severe, more cartoonish but mostly proportional exaggerated look (a la the WWF Hasbros), so when I saw the MysteryMinis, my head about popped off my shoulders.

So stoked on these!!! It would be very rad if someone saw some at SDCC & posted photos!! Anyone?? Anyone!?!? Bueller!?

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Chadisfaction wrote:
Propellarhead9 wrote:

Top Row
Randy Orton
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Seth Rollins
Kevin Nash

Middle Row

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Goldust
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar
Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bottom Row
Sgt. Slaughter
Dolph Ziggler
Sting
John Cena

It's def Nash

wow! i cannot wait for Wave 2.. when is this expected?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:16 pm

philipali wrote:

wow! i cannot wait for Wave 2.. when is this expected?

No word yet, but given that series one started showing up around August last year, it should be fairly soon.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:59 pm

cannot wait...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:46 am

Very excited for Wave 2. Just finally completed my Wave 1 set - had to resort to eBay for George The Animal Steele.
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/
Grails Needed: The Grady Twins (The Shining)

jimmyk888

Postby jimmyk888 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:04 pm

I'm surprised we have yet to see pre-order information.

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm

verrrrrrrrrry excited for these lil mofos... can't stand it. I haven't been this giddy about a toy since I was a child. it's almost stupid how exciting this series of figures is to me. I guess that's the idea, but damn, it's neat to experience that particular type of joy again! it's like buying GI Joe's at Wilbro in the 80s!!

and dudes and dudettes, it's August 1st!! bring on Wave 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinisculeWayne

Postby MinisculeWayne » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:52 am

seriously, NOTHING!?!? how can this be!? /melodrama

jimmyk888

Postby jimmyk888 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:38 pm

I pre ordered a case off of eBay. The release date was 9/18, now it's TBD.

Return to “Blind Bags”