Suicide Squad Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Suicide Squad Minis

Postby Battastic » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:36 pm

I know it is a little earlier but I have been pondering this since Toy Fair.
What are the exclusives????? Will they be chases figures or exclusive to stores???
Looking at the recent BvS, we may get a regular case and store exclusive cases.
Looking at the recent Alice movie line, we may get chase figures.

Below are just my thoughts/opinions based on the recent BvS mini set.

This is the picture released during Toy Fair. It shows 12 figures with a few costume changes. I feel that this will be the regular case released to all retail outlets.

This is the picture from the Funko catalog, it shows 15 figures. I have X'ed out the 12 from the Toy Fair pic, leaving 3 additional figures. When a store gets exclusive minis, they typically have only 3 that replace 3 of the original case figures. I feel the catalog pic shows 3 store exclusives...probably HT.

Again, these are just my thoughts/opinions based on the BvS mini sets released recently. I may just be too excited to think straight, so I am tossing it out to everyone.

Let me know what you think.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Suicide Squad Minis

Postby Valde » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:55 pm

What if it's along the lines of the new Alice set? Where they have no exclusives just a bunch of rare ones? Secondly is Joker that big a part of the movie? Most of the advertisements show more Harley than anyone, so maybe she should have 4 figures instead of him.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Valde wrote:What if it's along the lines of the new Alice set? Where they have no exclusives just a bunch of rare ones? Secondly is Joker that big a part of the movie? Most of the advertisements show more Harley than anyone, so maybe she should have 4 figures instead of him.

I thought Joker was the main antagonist of the movie, no? I thought he had a pretty big part. I can't freakin' wait for this movie.

Anyway, damn those blind boxes. All I want is all the Harleys and Jokers but I'd probably end up with a bunch of Deadshots or something. *pouts* I gotta stay away from those.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Yeah he seems like the villain, and with Harley sent in to honey pot him or something. With 7 Harley/Joker variants your chances are pretty good.
ImageImageImage

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm guessing that it might be a regular box layout for most stores and then maybe GameStop having 3 exclusives. I say GameStop because one of the catalog only minis is the inmate Harley which is getting an exclusive pop at GameStop. I could be completely wrong in this and for all we know it could be going to Walgreens ](*,) ](*,)
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Strending625 wrote: I could be completely wrong in this and for all we know it could be going to Walgreens ](*,) ](*,)

--Kevin
ImageImageImage

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:46 pm

these look cool, would probably only want a few, like the witch and joker and harley. and deadshot.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:39 am

I think the Joker may be the person pulling the strings in the background.
The trailer shows demonic/alien like creatures that I think are created by the Enchantress. There are a few scenes where it looks like the Enchantress may be pulling the strings of Amanda Waller. But the Joker may be the one leading the Enchantress around for his own game.
I guess we will have to wait and see.
I know I can't wait! Can't wait for the movie...the POPs...the minis...or the sub box in July :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 am

Battastic wrote:I think the Joker may be the person pulling the strings in the background.
The trailer shows demonic/alien like creatures that I think are created by the Enchantress. There are a few scenes where it looks like the Enchantress may be pulling the strings of Amanda Waller. But the Joker may be the one leading the Enchantress around for his own game.
I know I can't wait! Can't wait for the movie...the POPs...the minis...or the sub box in July :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Do you think July sub box will have something to do with Suicide Squad? Oooh, I may have to order that one!

Sorry, got off topic.
Image Image

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:
Battastic wrote:I think the Joker may be the person pulling the strings in the background.

Do you think July sub box will have something to do with Suicide Squad? Oooh, I may have to order that one!

Sorry, got off topic.

It can't not be Suicide Squad. I would also bet on a Harley/Joker 2 pack, probably not Drobz since this subscription already had one.
ImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 am

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:

Sorry, got off topic.

I am almost 100% sure it will be based on the Suicide Squad movie. I am actually hoping for a Harley/Joker (black tux) 2-pack. If not, maybe an Amanda Waller POP and a variant from another figure.

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:42 am

Battastic wrote:
FawnyLovesFunko wrote:

Sorry, got off topic.

I am almost 100% sure it will be based on the Suicide Squad movie. I am actually hoping for a Harley/Joker (black tux) 2-pack. If not, maybe an Amanda Waller POP and a variant from another figure.

Oh, y'all! This one will NEED to be HAVED! (Yeah, really good English there.)
Image Image

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:45 am

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:Oh, y'all! This one will NEED to be HAVED! (Yeah, really good English there.)

The english was perfect lol

Just look at my location....it sounded like you were sitting right next to me :roflmao:

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:48 am

Battastic wrote:
FawnyLovesFunko wrote:Oh, y'all! This one will NEED to be HAVED! (Yeah, really good English there.)

The english was perfect lol

Just look at my location....it sounded like you were sitting right next to me :roflmao:

I've been living in the south too long. Lord help me, I've gone native.
Image Image

randig

Postby randig » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:47 pm

TheLastDude wrote:
Strending625 wrote: I could be completely wrong in this and for all we know it could be going to Walgreens ](*,) ](*,)

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I have 0 walgreens in my area...
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:37 pm

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:
Battastic wrote:
FawnyLovesFunko wrote:

Sorry, got off topic.

Oh, y'all! This one will NEED to be HAVED! (Yeah, really good English there.)

you expressed your sentiments through vocab perfectly :)
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:27 pm

TheLastDude wrote:

I second this reaction! [-( [-X

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Funko said that everything in the catalog was going to be a regular release. So I'm guessing they just didn't have the other 3 ready or something, it will probably not be a set of 1/12s.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 pm

I am really hoping it will be Suicide Squad and will be Ht if not GS, anywhere but Walgreens.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:42 am

jcrook wrote:I am really hoping it will be Suicide Squad and will be Ht if not GS, anywhere but Walgreens.

This guy knows what's up!
After that nervous breakdown I had trying to find the Croc mini, I never want to see the inside of a Walgreen's again lol

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:10 pm

It would be great if one of the DC boxes contains a couple Mystery Minis of Slipknot and Waller.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:56 am

XXDCXBATMAN wrote:Funko said that everything in the catalog was going to be a regular release. So I'm guessing they just didn't have the other 3 ready or something, it will probably not be a set of 1/12s.

I'm scared this may be true. Which means a lot of trading or ebay

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 am

Battastic wrote:
XXDCXBATMAN wrote:Funko said that everything in the catalog was going to be a regular release. So I'm guessing they just didn't have the other 3 ready or something, it will probably not be a set of 1/12s.

I'm scared this may be true. Which means a lot of trading or ebay

yep knowing me I'd only want the ones which end up being 1/72!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:08 pm

It'll be terrible if the prison suit Harley is a 1/72.
ImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:23 am

Valde wrote:It'll be terrible if the prison suit Harley is a 1/72.

It will be terrible if any Harley or Joker are 1:72
Let it be Slipknot or something :roflmao:

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:55 am

These look pretty awesome! I might have to buy a few for Harley and Captain Boomerang
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Dashbo69

Postby Dashbo69 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Valde wrote:What if it's along the lines of the new Alice set? Where they have no exclusives just a bunch of rare ones? Secondly is Joker that big a part of the movie? Most of the advertisements show more Harley than anyone, so maybe she should have 4 figures instead of him.

The Alice Through The Looking Glass has 3 HT exclusives!

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:55 am

Harley! Definitely a must have! Don't really care for the rest, but I'll probably pick up a Joker, too.
Just a small town girl...

Darth Funko

Postby Darth Funko » Thu May 12, 2016 7:04 am

Does anyone know when these are supposed to release? Or the rest of the Suicide Pops for that matter? Can't wait to see this one!
Roy - Lover of all that is Star Wars

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 12, 2016 9:07 am

Darth Funko wrote:Does anyone know when these are supposed to release? Or the rest of the Suicide Pops for that matter? Can't wait to see this one!

The Civil War figures came out in March, so two months early. If that's the case I assume sometime in June:
ImageImageImage

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Thu May 12, 2016 5:34 pm

it was weird that HT didnt get civil war or BVS exclusives an walgreens did, I hope that doesnt happen for this movie. Walgreens is the worst place to find mystery minis, we have been looking for the civil war and princess minis for what seems like forever.
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Thu May 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Definitely aiming to find Enchantress and Katana out of these. Masked Deadshot and regular Harley would be bonuses.
Bryan

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Childishtycoon wrote:it was weird that HT didnt get civil war or BVS exclusives an walgreens did, I hope that doesnt happen for this movie. Walgreens is the worst place to find mystery minis, we have been looking for the civil war and princess minis for what seems like forever.

I thought only Walgreens having Civil War exclusives was strange, as big of a movie as they knew it would be I imagined at least 2-3 stores would have.
ImageImageImage

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Thu May 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Yeah it was strange for hot topic to have exclusives for basically minis up until those 2 movie releases. Walmart didnt even have exclusives for civil war.
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Fri May 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Saw a few of these on ebay already. Midtown Comics has them coming out at the end of the month, so other stores should be getting them earlier. I need that Katana!

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Fri May 13, 2016 3:41 pm

My comic book shop just posted that they got the minis in, about 4 boxes. I'm gonna have to go later today and pull some!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Wow, those showed up out of nowhere! No official glams for Funko or anything...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri May 13, 2016 7:02 pm

Is there any idea on what the exclusives are?
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri May 13, 2016 8:31 pm

After the Arkham series hooked me, I think I need to buy a whole box of these. Not seeing a single dud (unlike most blind-box stuff).
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri May 13, 2016 8:58 pm

Anyone have the back of the box?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”