Steven Universe Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Littlemissplush

Re: Steven Universe Mystery Minis

Postby Littlemissplush » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:16 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Yeah, plus honestly I'm okay with not having most of the exclusives. I want them but I'm trying to be zen here and not stress lol I'm going to wait and see if we get these in at work and then maybe buy the case there, if possible. I just really want a Lapis.

I'm a total completionist - nothing zen about me lol. Lapis looks great. It's her GITD version that actually doesn't look as good since the colours change and look rather bland and bleh. I really like Rose Quartz's Mr. Universe variant though.
Hey, I'm Ashley!

Currently ISO: Connie and Peridot mystery minis

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:39 pm

Littlemissplush wrote:I'm a total completionist - nothing zen about me lol. Lapis looks great. It's her GITD version that actually doesn't look as good since the colours change and look rather bland and bleh. I really like Rose Quartz's Mr. Universe variant though.

I'm not a total completist, I mostly want one of each character lol but Lapis is my favorite Gem introduced so far so I've been waiting for Funko to do something with her for awhile. But the set looks so great so I'm gonna be happy to get any of them. I can't wait to see them in person, too. I love that they're all mostly proportionate to each other, too.

TheMerchantMan

Postby TheMerchantMan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Well, I've officially completed this set. I managed to get the last few exclusives (GitD Lion, GitD Lapis, and a non-defective GS-exclusive Rose Quartz) I was missing by following case layouts.

My friends, however, want to kill me. I also picked up the boxes located in the 1/36 spot and I got two Peridots. At least they weren't Onions this time!

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:45 am

OK so can I just say that I've never seen this show, I don't have any of these figures, but I recently saw a post on IG about the background stories the writers are getting into and it's INTENSE? That's exactly the sort of thing that wets my whistle. And now I'm really interested in some of these character designs.
San Diego funatic

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:07 am

beckysaurus wrote:OK so can I just say that I've never seen this show, I don't have any of these figures, but I recently saw a post on IG about the background stories the writers are getting into and it's INTENSE? That's exactly the sort of thing that wets my whistle. And now I'm really interested in some of these character designs.

Yeah, the show starts off innocent enough but it gets deeper and deeper as it progresses. I don't think I've ever seen a show handle character relationships and character develpment so well. It's my favorite show on TV at this point and I could just gush about it all day, but instead I'll just say that I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try.

Padr49904

Postby Padr49904 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:44 pm

I ended up feeling the need to buy a couple more and this time I was pretty adamant on getting Lion since last time the spot in the case had a Rose Quartz in it.

Gamestop had been selling some so it looked like they had moved all of them to just one display so I knew the case layout wouldn't work, at least for the top part. There ended up being two that were heavy and one that didn't shake as much which made me wonder if that was Lion. I spent some time debating it, almost left at one point, and then decided to buy it with a box from the bottom I was pretty sure was Amethyst which I wanted.

When I got home I opened the heavy box first since I knew Amethyst would make me happy if I ended up getting another Rose, since I already got one out of the two cases and I knew there was a high chance one of the boxes would be another Rose since people would want the exclusives more than the regular one. I opened the cardboard and immediately grabbed the bag and knew it was Rose, at that point I was hoping it was at least the exclusive, and it was!!! That actually made me happy because another regular Rose would have made me a little annoyed. The other was Amethyst so at least I don't have any doubles yet.

Now to just go to Hot Topic and try and get GITD Lapis and Amethyst with her whip. I don't know if I want all of them but there are some characters that I really like.
Pop Count: 36
Also have many minis and other figures.

Greatest Achievement: Going to Hot Topic everyday for 3 weeks to get a Winged Castiel.

jayceanime

Postby jayceanime » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:53 am

My hot topic got in their stock today and I was lucky enough to get everything I needed to complete my set!

Since I'm really new to figure collecting I tried to make a decent looking display for them for right now, at the very least. The color palette of Steven universe is one of my favorite things, so I was happy to make use of the boxes:
Spoiler: show

I love these figures so much. I hope everyone else after them is able to get their hands on them! They're amazing. I'd love to see or hear about how everyone else goes about displaying sets like this.

As an aside, I noticed some series of mystery minis have multiple sets, and am wondering if that's a common occurrence in blind box figures from a single franchise? I'd love to be able to add Sadie, Jasper, Stevonnie, cookie cat, so many more... Suppose I can dream.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:13 am

jayceanime wrote:As an aside, I noticed some series of mystery minis have multiple sets, and am wondering if that's a common occurrence in blind box figures from a single franchise? I'd love to be able to add Sadie, Jasper, Stevonnie, cookie cat, so many more... Suppose I can dream.

This is an awesome display! :cheers: I love the color palette for the show and for the minis a lot too. This is a great wave 1 and I hope it gets a second because like you, I'd love to see more. The new Pint Size Heroes line has a bunch of variations and characters I'd love to see expanded on in the Pop and Mystery Minis lines. Jasper, Stevonnie, Holo-Pearl, and the Ocean Gems.

Plus there's so many more characters. Sadie, Lars, the Pizzas, the Frymans, and a million gems and fusions. If it sells well, I'm sure it'll get another wave. :)

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
This is an awesome display! :cheers: I love the color palette for the show and for the minis a lot too. This is a great wave 1 and I hope it gets a second because like you, I'd love to see more. The new Pint Size Heroes line has a bunch of variations and characters I'd love to see expanded on in the Pop and Mystery Minis lines. Jasper, Stevonnie, Holo-Pearl, and the Ocean Gems.

Plus there's so many more characters. Sadie, Lars, the Pizzas, the Frymans, and a million gems and fusions. If it sells well, I'm sure it'll get another wave. :)

If these two sell well, I'd reeeeeally love some more Pops or some Dorbz. That Jasper Pint Size Hero is great but a Jasper Pop... Be still my heart! Or extra large fusions! Greg and his van as a ride? There are so many possibilities and I'm just standing here waiting to throw money at them.
Hey, I'm Ashley!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:33 am

Littlemissplush wrote:If these two sell well, I'd reeeeeally love some more Pops or some Dorbz. That Jasper Pint Size Hero is great but a Jasper Pop... Be still my heart! Or extra large fusions! Greg and his van as a ride? There are so many possibilities and I'm just standing here waiting to throw money at them.

I'd love a Greg Universe ride! Drive your van into my heart! =D>

I really wish we knew where this line stood. I feel like I never see anyone buying the pops.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

I bought my son the regular Steven Pop but not the others. However we've been all in on the Mystery Minis.

I would be in for a Greg Pop ride.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:36 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Littlemissplush wrote:If these two sell well, I'd reeeeeally love some more Pops or some Dorbz. That Jasper Pint Size Hero is great but a Jasper Pop... Be still my heart! Or extra large fusions! Greg and his van as a ride? There are so many possibilities and I'm just standing here waiting to throw money at them.

I really wish we knew where this line stood. I feel like I never see anyone buying the pops.

In my area the pops seem to go pretty quickly. But not so quickly that GITD Garnet hasn't kinda been sitting on the shelf for a little. Still, they just released GITD Amethyst and now they really need to do a GITD Pearl to complete the whole "GITD variant of all the mains" set they have going on. I really hope Steven Universe pops/mystery minis/pint size heroes are all successful so we can continue to get new SU merch. Because, I mean... there's a severe lack. And the one plush they made is horrific...
Hey, I'm Ashley!

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Littlemissplush wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

In my area the pops seem to go pretty quickly. But not so quickly that GITD Garnet hasn't kinda been sitting on the shelf for a little. Still, they just released GITD Amethyst and now they really need to do a GITD Pearl to complete the whole "GITD variant of all the mains" set they have going on. I really hope Steven Universe pops/mystery minis/pint size heroes are all successful so we can continue to get new SU merch. Because, I mean... there's a severe lack. And the one plush they made is horrific...

Hot Topic has GitD Pearl on their site, though it's not live yet for some reason.

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Caius_Cosades wrote:

Hot Topic has GitD Pearl on their site, though it's not live yet for some reason.[/quote]

Yoooooo, thanks for letting me know! I didn't even realize and the manager at my local Hot Topic (dear, sweet Bill who always takes care of me, shout out to Bill!) didn't know either. I'm really excited now. As if I could afford more of this nonsense...
Hey, I'm Ashley!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:31 pm

Littlemissplush wrote:Yoooooo, thanks for letting me know! I didn't even realize and the manager at my local Hot Topic (dear, sweet Bill who always takes care of me, shout out to Bill!) didn't know either. I'm really excited now. As if I could afford more of this nonsense...

I only have GITD Steven since I couldn't find the regular one anywhere. None of the stores around here carried them and my HT only Amethyst and Garnet in stock, and the website only had GITD Steven and Garnet. So I bought Steven and only recently did I get the rest of the Gems. I'm going to try and get regular Steven and the GITD Gems eventually though.

I really hope there's more merch soon. The other blind bag minis I've seen for SU were okay but the Funko ones look way better and more detailed. Plus they've got more characters. I wish I knew who the artist for the pops and the minis were so I could thank them lol

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:08 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
I only have GITD Steven since I couldn't find the regular one anywhere. None of the stores around here carried them and my HT only Amethyst and Garnet in stock, and the website only had GITD Steven and Garnet. So I bought Steven and only recently did I get the rest of the Gems. I'm going to try and get regular Steven and the GITD Gems eventually though.

I really hope there's more merch soon. The other blind bag minis I've seen for SU were okay but the Funko ones look way better and more detailed. Plus they've got more characters. I wish I knew who the artist for the pops and the minis were so I could thank them lol

I think the artist for these is proooobably http://the-queen-of-gates.tumblr.com/ (the one who doodled the pop style lion im using as an icon). They definitely designed the pops and I know they do a lot of minis and I think kinda started the newer mystery mini "look" we see a lot of
Hey, I'm Ashley!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:11 am

Littlemissplush wrote:I think the artist for these is proooobably http://the-queen-of-gates.tumblr.com/ (the one who doodled the pop style lion im using as an icon). They definitely designed the pops and I know they do a lot of minis and I think kinda started the newer mystery mini "look" we see a lot of

Nena, if you see this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for these pops [-o<

But I like the her new style and the style of these SU ones. I was a little worried when I first saw the glams but I really love them and I think they fit really well with the show.

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Nena, if you see this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for these pops [-o<

But I like the her new style and the style of these SU ones. I was a little worried when I first saw the glams but I really love them and I think they fit really well with the show.

They really ended up gorgeous, huh? I absolutely love 'em. Just wish I could snag the last few and have my set finished. This week I'm meeting a guy to trade for Greg but that's as far as I've gotten with trading my dupes.
Hey, I'm Ashley!

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Went to Walmart to pick some stuff up, and came across 2 fresh cases of the SU minis, and 3 cases of FNAF. I took all the 1:36, the pearl sword/garnet gloves boxes, and what were supposed to be the WM exclusive FNAF spots. I was lucky enough to get pearl w/ sword and peridot to finish out my SU minis, but someone must've shuffled the FNAFs around, since I got 2x gitd Freddy and a bunch of commons. Mangle still eludes my kids' FNAF mini collection!
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

Padr49904

Postby Padr49904 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Finally made it to a Gamestop that had a nice untouched box and couldn't resist grabbing the top front two along with Lion. Ended up getting Onion and Garnet with her gauntlets. Not sure if I'm gonna get the chance to get anymore of the rarer ones since they really seem to be the first to go. I did go by Hot Topic but they only had two left, so any chance of GITD Lapid or Amethyst with her whip were pretty much gone.

A friend of mine happens to work at that Gamestop and while opening them I was discussing the case layouts, he isn't a fan of SU but knew that there were layouts for all the different ones. A coworker of his overheard us and made a joke that he should mix up all the new boxes right when they come in and I straight face told him if that happened I would never shop there again, all of the other workers and managers are nice enough not to do it since they usually collect them as well.

Greatest Achievement: Going to Hot Topic everyday for 3 weeks to get a Winged Castiel.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:22 pm

My husband bought me a box at Hot Topic, which looked untouched, but had an extra on top of it. I figured it might have been messed with, but opened them anyway. Ended up with an almost full set, but got two of the Onion guy, and an extra of the HT exclusive Amethyst instead of a Rose Quartz. For getting a messed up box, I was pretty excited that my extras were a rarer one and an exclusive!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Padr49904

Postby Padr49904 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:14 pm

kihou wrote:My husband bought me a box at Hot Topic, which looked untouched, but had an extra on top of it. I figured it might have been messed with, but opened them anyway. Ended up with an almost full set, but got two of the Onion guy, and an extra of the HT exclusive Amethyst instead of a Rose Quartz. For getting a messed up box, I was pretty excited that my extras were a rarer one and an exclusive!

That's actually pretty sweet. Most of the time if a box is messed with you can expect the rarer spots to have been filled in with commons from when they consolidated boxes.

Finally found a store that was selling them besides Hot Topic and Gamestop and decided to try my luck with getting Connie. Ended up buying three of them from Toys R Us, btw it was about a dollar more per box, and got Connie, another Onion and another Garnet with gauntlets. I really can't believe that out of the two rarer boxes both of them were doubles, especially since they were the only ones I already had.

So if anyone is looking for Onion or Garnet with gauntlets and either has Peridot/Greg or Pearl with her staff I would be happy to trade.

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Really happy with what I got in my case. Wouldn't have minded getting Garnet with her gauntlets though, haha.

TOP:
B: Lion, Connie
M: Rose, Amethyst as Steven
F: Pearl with spear, Peridot

BOTTOM:
B: Steven with shield, Steven
M: Amethyst, Garnet
F: Pearl, Lapis
Bryan

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:38 pm

I still haven't seen these anywhere. I know it usually takes awhile for them to show up around here but lol

Maybe I just need to be a little more patient.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:06 pm

So I've got something to tell you guys.....I started watching this show a couple days ago and am almost done with season 1. I've been entertained by it so far. It's certainly not terrible. And now I kinda want some of these...
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:So I've got something to tell you guys.....I started watching this show a couple days ago and am almost done with season 1. I've been entertained by it so far. It's certainly not terrible. And now I kinda want some of these...

One of us, one of us...
Hey, I'm Ashley!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Littlemissplush wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:So I've got something to tell you guys.....I started watching this show a couple days ago and am almost done with season 1. I've been entertained by it so far. It's certainly not terrible. And now I kinda want some of these...

One of us, one of us...

lol lol lol lol lol These are just maybes mind you. But I definitely want the glow pops now. And I'd like to see more pops. We need my favorite character as a pop....Lion.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Lion would be an awesome pop! :cheers: I'm hoping for more minis and pops for sure.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:21 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Lion would be an awesome pop! :cheers: I'm hoping for more minis and pops for sure.

6 Inch Flocked Lion. 6 Inch Gem Fusions and the most epic pop of all time....Greg. lol lol lol

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:25 pm

We offer a demo for trade at my work. Got down to a demo and two boxes before selling out. Guy decided to buy the last two boxes: a Connie and Garnet with Gauntlets. The display was Steven. He was torn weather to swap for Steven or not and since I needed that Garnet I used the argument "Connie and Steven though! OTP!!" Switched for Steven and that Garnet was mine! lol
All I need is a Paradot now. I have a feeling it won't happen though :( Especially since I'm broke for the next month lol
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Lion would be an awesome pop! :cheers: I'm hoping for more minis and pops for sure.

6 Inch Flocked Lion. 6 Inch Gem Fusions and the most epic pop of all time....Greg. lol lol lol

All of this!! Greg Ride with his van maybe?? :D would also love minis of young Greg and young Amethyst cause they're super cute!!!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Littlemissplush wrote:One of us, one of us...

lol lol lol lol lol These are just maybes mind you. But I definitely want the glow pops now. And I'd like to see more pops. We need my favorite character as a pop....Lion.

I'll be honest, regular Lapis looks waaaay better/more impressive than the GITD version
Hey, I'm Ashley!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:6 Inch Flocked Lion. 6 Inch Gem Fusions and the most epic pop of all time....Greg. lol lol lol

You're killing me! I'd love all of those. Greg definitely deserves his own Pop for sure. So does Rose.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Love the pop ride idea.

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:40 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:6 Inch Flocked Lion. 6 Inch Gem Fusions and the most epic pop of all time....Greg. lol lol lol

You're killing me! I'd love all of those. Greg definitely deserves his own Pop for sure. So does Rose.

Rose needs to be a 6inch just so you can stand Greg and Rose up next to one another and she can just absolutely tower over him
Hey, I'm Ashley!

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:53 pm

No rest until Cookie Cat, Tiger Millionaire, and Purple Puma are represented as Pops and/or Mystery Minis!

C'mon, Funko! Make my Steven Universe dreams come true!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Anyone got duplicates they're looking to unload? If so, shoot me a PM. :)
Just a small town girl...

spaceprinx

Postby spaceprinx » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Oh man keep watching, things get more intense as the show goes on! ;-)
Also, for anyone interested, theworldofstevenuniverse.blogspot.com has all of the current episodes available to watch, including the pilot and shorts!
Started Collecting: December 2015 | Pop!s: 113 | Mystery Minis: 42 | PSH: 16 | Other: 6[/center]

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:31 pm

So, wait.

There's a glow Lapis? From which store? And does the HT box contain Connie? These burning questions need answers!
I'm Josh

TheMerchantMan

Postby TheMerchantMan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:56 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:So, wait.

There's a glow Lapis? From which store? And does the HT box contain Connie? These burning questions need answers!

The GitD Lapis is a Hot Topic exclusive while Connie (along with regualr Lion and Amethyst Steven) is only available in regular cases.

Return to “Blind Bags”