Finding Dory MMs!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
bizzydesigner

Re: Finding Dory MMs!

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Does anyone know where Becky the Loon typically is in the layouts? I'm starting to land some doubles looking for her lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

I don't remember where she was when I pulled her, but she's probably the lightest figure in the case (ignoring Nemo on the bottom level), if you have a change to hand-weigh them all.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 pm

I just got most of them in the mail this past Saturday and boy are they AWESOME!! Some of these shouldn't even be considered 'minis' lol

I think Bailey is my favorite one so far. The size, the pose, and one of my favorite characters from the movie. Well done, Funko. Well done!
I'm Abe

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:03 pm

You guys are making these sound really good.....and then I see those Hanks.....
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Just got five new ones from my Brother... No luck getting the three I needed, but I did get doubles of Destiny, Gerald, Invisible Hank, Tagged Dory, and Marlin. Hope I can trade some of those for any of the three I need yet and finish off the set before comic con exclusives hit.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Well, I tried to help people out finding either the otter, Becky, or Destiny, and all I have to show for it are two Flukes, a Rudder, and two Dory w'tags. Needless to say, I need to call it quits. Sorry guys/gals, I tried!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

smee

Postby smee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:18 pm

Just a heads up, these are showing up at GameStop now. I found some there today and one of the employees checked his computer and said that some other GameStops (not all) in my area (east coast) had them in too. Went on a major hunt today and was able to score a Becky which was the last figure I needed in the set!

It's been mentioned on here already, but I've also found some at a local Walmart this week too. They had a really impressive end cap of mystery minis and other Funko products.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Managed to find a Bailey (along with some more duplicates).

Got plenty to sell or trade if anyone's interested. Pics and want list in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum.

Gotta say again, these are some hella adorable Mystery Minis. Probably right after the WWE ones as my favorite overall set.

dee001

Postby dee001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:18 pm

These are so cute! Don't have any MMs, might have to start collecting now! lol
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:06 am

I finally found a Walmart that actually had a Funko endcap and ended up buying a full case + 4 left from a second case.

Ended up with a decent collection and a few doubles (Dory, Dory Tagged, Nemo, Hank & Invisible Hank). Gonna be on the lookout for Destiny, Becky, Fluke & Otter to complete the set.

Like others have said it really is a great line. The minis are actually really big and the molds/poses are awesome!

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

smee wrote:Just a heads up, these are showing up at GameStop now. I found some there today and one of the employees checked his computer and said that some other GameStops (not all) in my area (east coast) had them in too. Went on a major hunt today and was able to score a Becky which was the last figure I needed in the set!

It's been mentioned on here already, but I've also found some at a local Walmart this week too. They had a really impressive end cap of mystery minis and other Funko products.

Hey do you happen to know where on the top layer Becky is hiding? I am still missing her and the baby otter. I know the boxes can vary between her Bailey and destiny but the other two are super heavy and I feel like they have a different assortment. Any guidance would help!
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Daisy05

Postby Daisy05 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 am

I believe from a case opening video I saw on YouTube that Becky is in the top layer, right side, farthest back.

Hoping my local Walmarts start getting these in, and I'm hoping maybe B&N or Target does too. I saw a case at GameStop the other day. I only need Becky, the otter, and Bailey and then I'm done! :cheers:
Wanted: HT Exclusive Mini Rhaegal

smee

Postby smee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:31 am

babasdada wrote:
smee wrote:Just a heads up, these are showing up at GameStop now. I found some there today and one of the employees checked his computer and said that some other GameStops (not all) in my area (east coast) had them in too. Went on a major hunt today and was able to score a Becky which was the last figure I needed in the set!

Hey do you happen to know where on the top layer Becky is hiding? I am still missing her and the baby otter. I know the boxes can vary between her Bailey and destiny but the other two are super heavy and I feel like they have a different assortment. Any guidance would help!

Unfortunately, I didn't learn her exact location in a fresh/untouched case...the case I found her in had three boxes missing from the top layer. The box she was in was still on the top layer though and I've also seen a YouTube case unboxing that had her in one of the two back spots in the top layer. Good luck!

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 am

smee wrote:
babasdada wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't learn her exact location in a fresh/untouched case...the case I found her in had three boxes missing from the top layer. The box she was in was still on the top layer though and I've also seen a YouTube case unboxing that had her in one of the two back spots in the top layer. Good luck!

I watched an unboxing on youtube - and after all of the different layouts online I have seen, and my own many many $$$$$ of finding dory. I have unlocked the FDMM Code - she is in one of 4 different case assortments. Obviously we all know the bottom layer is the same layout at this point. The top layer of boxes are comprised of 4 different sort orders - Either you get a Bailey 1/36 Right Middle (top), Destiny 1/72 Right Middle (top), Baby otter 1/36 Front right (top), or a becky the loon sort 1/72 back right (top). The best way to tell if you have a Becky sort is to find a FRESH case and if the middle right box is light - it probably contains the dory with the tag, right behind it, is Becky the LOON. Good Lucky my fellow MM crazed hunters! PS i have nearly the whole set to trade (other than the 1/72 or 1/36 chases)
Joe from NYC
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

babasdada wrote:I watched an unboxing on youtube - and after all of the different layouts online I have seen, and my own many many $$$$$ of finding dory. I have unlocked the FDMM Code - she is in one of 4 different case assortments. Obviously we all know the bottom layer is the same layout at this point. The top layer of boxes are comprised of 4 different sort orders - Either you get a Bailey 1/36 Right Middle (top), Destiny 1/72 Right Middle (top), Baby otter 1/36 Front right (top), or a becky the loon sort 1/72 back right (top). The best way to tell if you have a Becky sort is to find a FRESH case and if the middle right box is light - it probably contains the dory with the tag, right behind it, is Becky the LOON. Good Lucky my fellow MM crazed hunters! PS i have nearly the whole set to trade (other than the 1/72 or 1/36 chases)

Thanks so much for the info!! Gonna keep this handy and hope that I can find 3 out of the 4 I need if I come across some fresh cases.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Welp... I'm done hunting these. My Brother hit up a GameStop on his way home from work and grabbed me four more. Got two Nemo and two Dory out of it (this particular GameStop takes minis out of the case and puts them in baskets on a shelf, so I had him grab the four or five light to medium weight ones praying for Becky and Baby Otter). Can't afford to throw anymore money at chancing it anymore. Hopefully I can sell these doubles and get enough to buy Becky and the Baby Otter off eBay. Or if anyone's got extras of those, I'd be happy to trade in your favor. It was shocking to find them in my area at all actually. Normally we're months and months behind the rest of the country for some reason, so it's not so bad. Did managed to find Bailey and got doubles of several others, including Destiny, so I should be able to raise enough to get the two I'm missing yet. Or at least close to it.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:29 pm

So I found what I thought was a mostly full case....

](*,) ](*,)

These minis are so cute, I love them...but daaaaaamn was I unlucky this time!
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

WendyWho

Postby WendyWho » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Went out looking for these again today and came up with nothing. :(
Hello! My name is Shae! :D

*Forever Seeking Disney!*
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/wantlist/shae/R3X3D9WE1NW9CNWA/

GrayJay65

Postby GrayJay65 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Found both of mine on top back row on right. It weighs 42 grams and is the lightest of the set.

Does anyone know where Becky the Loon typically is in the layouts? I'm starting to land some doubles looking for her lol[/quote]

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:46 pm

So I found another becky today at Gamestop and I noticed a color variant.... Did Funko change the color of her in new releases or is this a special becky that I found? Or is it just a mistake? Thoughts? opinions?, - Can everyone post their Becky pictures? #willtherealbeckytheloonpleasestandup

Joe from NYC

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:07 am

Battastic wrote:
Mori_LeStrange wrote:I saw the movie Sunday with my boyfriend. I don't know what was cuter baby Dory or the little Piper from the short.

I picked up two boxes the other day from Hot Topic. I got Hank and Mr. Ray. Is anyone else's Mr. Ray missing his mouth? I noticed the box set on the back he has a mouth, but my figure does not.

I don't have Ray yet but stuff like this happens all the time. On the box Becky is suppose to have red eyes but the figure has orange eyes. Just a change in plans from the initial concept design....or someone screwed up lol

Hey I found two becky(s) and they are two different - i posted the pic in this thread. i just searched and you are the only one who noticed the color difference... I looked on eBay and it seems everyone is selling the orange eyed gray becky, I am wondering if newer boxes were colored correctly.... hmmmm
Joe from NYC

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:37 am

Seems like Becky is a running change to the production. Been seeming some Geralds pop up with the bucket being the proper green color as well. Both Gerald with the green bucket and Becky being black are closer matches to the actual in movie characters, so I'd imagine someone noticed while in the middle of production and it was just cheaper to let the run finish and change things on the second pass through.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:01 am

Here are the layouts for these guys...but I have seen youtube vids with different layouts also. I also have the weights of all of these MM's, but not sure if I'd upset anyone or take the "mystery" out of the hunt? The only way to know for sure what you have is to weigh them before opening, and this has given me 100% accuracy so far. I now only need becky and baby otter if anyone wants to trade, let me know!

https://www.pixgram.me/funko_layout/med ... 3159584868

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:08 pm

minusdatails wrote:So I found what I thought was a mostly full case....

](*,) ](*,)

These minis are so cute, I love them...but daaaaaamn was I unlucky this time!

Sushi platter ?
Joe from NYC

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I need gerald and becky.
Just to put them on my desk so I can look at them daily :D

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Managed to pull a duplicate Destiny and Gerald from Walmart today. They had the brand new end cap display set out here in South Carolina. This is the first I've seen of them in stores here.

Still looking for Becky, the Otter, Pearl...
Just a small town girl...

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:Managed to pull a duplicate Destiny and Gerald from Walmart today. They had the brand new end cap display set out here in South Carolina. This is the first I've seen of them in stores here.

Any chance that Destiny is up on the block? I need Destiny, Becky & The Otter to complete the set.

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:Managed to pull a duplicate Destiny and Gerald from Walmart today. They had the brand new end cap display set out here in South Carolina. This is the first I've seen of them in stores here.

Scratch that! Just need Becky. Still have an extra Destiny.

rockndrummer182

Postby rockndrummer182 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Where can I find a list of each characters weight in box?
Collecting since 2014

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:23 pm

rockndrummer182 wrote:Where can I find a list of each characters weight in box?

I was wondering this too. Mostly just wondering what Becky's weight is in relation to the other minis in this set. Still attempting to find her in the wild, and most cases looked shuffled around at this point...

rockndrummer182

Postby rockndrummer182 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:37 am

I took this from an unboxing video on youtube:

grey sea lion 116 g
hank 72 g
dory w tag 45 g
marlin 67 g
becky 42 g
brown sea lion 80 g
nemo 47 g
manta rey 61 g
pink octopus 53 g
dory 45 g
Last edited by rockndrummer182 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting since 2014

rockndrummer182

Postby rockndrummer182 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:38 am

This seems to be the top row arrangement for the boxes with Becky:

Back L -> R

Brown sea lion. Becky
Marlin. Dory w tag
Hank. Grey otter

Front
Collecting since 2014

rockndrummer182

Postby rockndrummer182 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:38 am

the hank in that row is the normal reddish coloring
Collecting since 2014

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:16 am

rockndrummer182 wrote:the hank in that row is the normal reddish coloring

Thanks so much for this info, rockndrummer182.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 am

I'll try to remember to post all the other weights tonight...sorry getting caught up in star wars convention pops :drunken:

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:42 pm

I seem to be having a hard time finding these anywhere near me in NE Ohio. The first wave hit and literally nothing since so hopefully some restocks start happening or else I'm gonna have to eBay Becky and the Otter.

Special thanks for Sunshine29102 for the hookup on Destiny & Fluke!!

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm

hellojayare wrote:I seem to be having a hard time finding these anywhere near me in NE Ohio. The first wave hit and literally nothing since so hopefully some restocks start happening or else I'm gonna have to eBay Becky and the Otter.

Glad to be able to help out! :)

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:53 am

These are the weights That I have actually weighed myself. All weights include the box, interior bag and exterior wrapping. Also I'm still looking for Becky and baby Otter and I have an extra Gerald if anyone can help me. Here are the weights:

Bailey 119 grams
Destiny 118g
Fluke 116g
Hank (common) 72g
Hank (tile pattern) 72g
Dory (tagged) 45g
Marlin 67g
Rudder 80g
Nemo 47g
Mr. Ray 61g
Pearl 53g
Dory (common) 45g
Gerald 82g

Mori_LeStrange

Postby Mori_LeStrange » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:03 pm

hellojayare wrote:I seem to be having a hard time finding these anywhere near me in NE Ohio. The first wave hit and literally nothing since so hopefully some restocks start happening or else I'm gonna have to eBay Becky and the Otter.

I'm in NE Ohio and there were 2 nearly full boxes at my local Wal-Mart the other day. Maybe check there? They weren't in the trading card isle like usual. But in a random check out lane with a bunch of other pops and minis.

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Where at? I am in the Youngstown area and there is still nothing here. Actually was out in Western PA today and stopped by a GameStop & Walmart.

Walmart had nothing but GameStop had a few boxes...rolled the dice on 2 and got the Otter and Gerald with Green Bucket!

Last edited by hellojayare on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Blind Bags”