I hope we get more Disney mystery minis...

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

I hope we get more Disney mystery minis...

Postby sylin » Wed May 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Now that Disney Infinity is done for, I want Funko to produce way more stuff. New, old, TV, movie, it doesn't matter. Just more Disney, please. :(

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: I hope we get more Disney mystery minis...

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

There definitely aren't enough Disney Funko products being released. There are so many great movies that haven't been done yet as well as many others which need to be revisited since they are missing crucial characters.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed May 11, 2016 2:08 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:There definitely isn't enough Disney being released. There are so many great movies that haven't been done yet as well as many others which need to be revisited since they are missing crucial characters.

It's why I think the mystery mini format is the best for Disney, because you get a bunch of characters at once.

As much as I like the sets for the newer movies (Zootopia, Inside Out), I hope we get more of those variety ones where they have a bunch of different characters represented. And I especially want minis of the Disney Afternoon and the other animated shows Disney makes.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed May 11, 2016 2:26 pm

I would still love a TLM set even though we've had several Ariels and a couple Ursulas. This is what I would want to see if we got one (some of the Ariels could be exclusives as long as they aren't exclusive to Walgreens or Walmart):

1. Mermaid Ariel w/ dinglehopper (the fact that we have so many Ariel MMs and not one is holding a dinglehopper is amazing)
2. Blue dress Ariel
3. Pink dress Ariel
4. Sleeveless sparkle blue dress Ariel
5. Wedding dress Ariel
6. Ship sail dress Ariel
7. Eric
8. Wedding Eric
9. Max
10. Sebastian
11. Flounder (although I'm not sure they could top the one they already released since it's so cute)
12. Scuttle
13. Ursula
14. Vanessa
15. Flotsam and Jetsam
16. King Triton
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Give me Darkwing or give me DEATH!!

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Give me Darkwing or give me DEATH!!

It's almost cruel. DI teased DW a while back, and now we will never get him for that line. Funko, please, deliver us the Darkwing! lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed May 11, 2016 10:03 pm

I still can't wrap my head around the thought process of putting friggin Stitch in a game about Disney Superheroes but not the original Disney Superhero.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Wed May 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I still can't wrap my head around the thought process of putting friggin Stitch in a game about Disney Superheroes but not the original Disney Superhero.

You're right, it is a shame we don't have more merchandise for the original Disney super hero...

:D

That being said, I do agree with you. We need more Darkwing Duck.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed May 11, 2016 10:15 pm

the fact that they acknowledged Darkwing and Gizmo in the series yet instead decided to give people like a dozen Pirates of the friggin Caribbean figures (because kids were totally clamoring for those guys) just really killed me.

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Wed May 11, 2016 10:33 pm

I would love park related mystery minis.
Got Pixie Dust?

Kuro-kun

Postby Kuro-kun » Wed May 11, 2016 11:05 pm

I'd be hooked if there were series like Disney Pals, Shorts, Dogs, Cats, Classic Disney, Disney Channel, and Disney Pixar (with the lamp having a mini) that cover some board bases and incorporate as many movies/shows as possible.

I'd love for some of these need to have minis at some point:
The Fox & the Hound
Aristocats
Oliver & Company
Bolt
Chip n' Dale
Paperman
Feast
For the Birds
Geri's Game
Toy Story
Lilo & Stitch the series
Kim Possible
and freakin' Gravity Falls

.I didn't know Disney Infinity was done. That's kinda sad :(
/\,,,/\
( ˆ ˘ ˆ)
My name's Liz!
Pokémon Collector and Pop Funatic ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Stats:
Pops - ??? / Mystery Minis - ??
6" Pops - ?? / Dorbz - ??

Newest Pop - Grimmjow
Major Grail ISO - Pokemon Eevee Proto and White Kurama Proto
ISO - (White Shirt) Mario Maurer Pop

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 pm

I agree, we've hardly had any Disney news this year. Also, Disney Infinity is done for???? What happened?? This is the first I heard of it! That sucks because I really like the figures, they're great quality. My Merida and Mulan make me happy whenever I look at them, and the Inside Out DI figures are some of the best they've made. I admit that I don't play the game, though.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu May 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I still can't wrap my head around the thought process of putting friggin Stitch in a game about Disney Superheroes but not the original Disney Superhero.

DI 2.0 wasn't just about Marvel heros. That was the main focus of the game but there were all "Disney Original" figures released for the second game because not everyone is into superheros. Like 3.0 was based around Star Wars but there was still Marvel and Disney figures released. Also, Stitch was a highly requested character ever since the first game came out.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Thu May 12, 2016 1:55 pm

To me loosing DI was not a surprise to me look at all the other Computer games Disney has shut down over the years some where out for only about 3 or 4 years like VMK Virtual Magic Kingdom, Pixie Hollow,Toontown & POTC. So closing DI is no big surprise. I could only play it on the PC and when Disney stop updating the PC with the new characters like Baloo I had a filling something was up. I hear send they cancel the game that there will not be any Peter Pan figure now.

Now back on topic. Just the other day I was looking at my mystery figures and was saying they need to do some more of them there is alot of characters they haven't done in Mystery figures like.

Aladdin,Genie,Goofy,Minnie,Chip,Dale,Pluto,Peter Pan,Capt. Hook,Wendy. Clarabelle Cow, Lady & Tramp,Princess Aurora,Prince Phillip,Merryweather,Silvermist,Fawn,Perwinkle. There needs to be more of them out.

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm

We do have the disney villians set coming soon, but I would love to see some new characters. Maybe Ducktales, Talespin, Bonkers. Would love to see those characters in mini form
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu May 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Yes please on Darkwing Duck! Fox and the Hound would be the cutest! (Especially as minis!) Would also love anything Sword in the Stone related (though I'm sure it's not high on the list at all...)
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 am

Is Disney Villains all they have coming up for 2016?

I'm guessing we may get a set for Moana, but other than that, anything else?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 am

sylin wrote:Is Disney Villains all they have coming up for 2016?

I'm guessing we may get a set for Moana, but other than that, anything else?

Besides Finding Dory which will be out very soon yes. I would love for them to do a Moana set.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 am

I like some of the pictures of the Disney Villains MMs, and I hope we get a second series. I Really would love to see Roger and Jessica Rabbit added to a MM set somewhere. I've collected Nightmare and love every figure that I get. Park related MMs would be so cool, I'd love a set of The Haunted Mansion ride. They could do whole mystery sets based on a ride or themed area. A Disney Afternoon type set would be great for Darkwing Duck, Duck Tails, Rescue Rangers. Mystery sets seem like a good place to stick in some obscure characters too that we don't get to see.

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:57 am

ReActionator wrote: A Disney Afternoon type set would be great for Darkwing Duck, Duck Tails, Rescue Rangers. Mystery sets seem like a good place to stick in some obscure characters too that we don't get to see.

Yes, these are definitely the ones I hope for most, both Disney Afternoon and obscure characters in general.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:35 am

I'd love all of these but the thing I want most is Disney Princes in mini form and Pops.

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:53 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love all of these but the thing I want most is Disney Princes in mini form and Pops.

On twitter, I discussed this with a couple of other people, and the idea we had was to do a line called Disney Heroes (or whatever), which focuses on male protagonists... So in addition to the princes, they can also include characters like Hiro Hamada, Jim Hawkins, Kuzco, Lewis Robinson, etc. There could even be some leeway to include non-princess heroines but not sure if people would go for that.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 pm

sylin wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love all of these but the thing I want most is Disney Princes in mini form and Pops.

On twitter, I discussed this with a couple of other people, and the idea we had was to do a line called Disney Heroes (or whatever), which focuses on male protagonists... So in addition to the princes, they can also include characters like Hiro Hamada, Jim Hawkins, Kuzco, Lewis Robinson, etc. There could even be some leeway to include non-princess heroines but not sure if people would go for that.

It could be a Heroes/Heroines line so they could also do great female characters like Kida, Esmerelda, Megara, etc.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
sylin wrote:On twitter, I discussed this with a couple of other people, and the idea we had was to do a line called Disney Heroes (or whatever), which focuses on male protagonists... So in addition to the princes, they can also include characters like Hiro Hamada, Jim Hawkins, Kuzco, Lewis Robinson, etc. There could even be some leeway to include non-princess heroines but not sure if people would go for that.

It could be a Heroes/Heroines line so they could also do great female characters like Kida, Esmerelda, Megara, etc.

I would love that! I'd love to see Tadashi get a Funko treatment too, and since he'll probably never make a pop, this would be the best place for him. Plus there are so many great non-princess heroes and heroines. I'm pretty sure anything Disney would get bought right away.

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:43 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
sylin wrote:On twitter, I discussed this with a couple of other people, and the idea we had was to do a line called Disney Heroes (or whatever), which focuses on male protagonists... So in addition to the princes, they can also include characters like Hiro Hamada, Jim Hawkins, Kuzco, Lewis Robinson, etc. There could even be some leeway to include non-princess heroines but not sure if people would go for that.

I would love that! I'd love to see Tadashi get a Funko treatment too, and since he'll probably never make a pop, this would be the best place for him. Plus there are so many great non-princess heroes and heroines. I'm pretty sure anything Disney would get bought right away.

It'd be cool to see supporting characters like Tadashii get minis. Heck. BH6 still hasn't had any minis at all, it's long overdue.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

sylin wrote:It'd be cool to see supporting characters like Tadashii get minis. Heck. BH6 still hasn't had any minis at all, it's long overdue.

They really are. You could make an entire set with just this movie alone. It's been awhile though so I don't think they'll ever see their own series, but hopefully in future Disney sets?

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:I would love park related mystery minis.

I was just about to say this. Pete and I are twins separated at birth (except a few years apart lol )

Absolutely we will see more mystery minis! They are doing so well. While I wasn't in love with the aesthetic of the new princess line, it looks like throngs of people were and I can appreciate that. I just love seeing the changing styles with each new set. Can't wait until/if we ever start seeing Disney Afternoon stuff as well.
San Diego funatic

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 pm

With the BH6 tv show coming out it would be cool if it was popular and they were able to do a mini set, Although I doubt it. Hopefully we at least get Baymax and Hiro. A mm set would have been perfect for the movie. They could have even done a mochi figure :)
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:33 pm

beckysaurus wrote:Absolutely we will see more mystery minis! They are doing so well. While I wasn't in love with the aesthetic of the new princess line, it looks like throngs of people were and I can appreciate that. I just love seeing the changing styles with each new set.

Same here. The new minis aesthetic has been growing on me. I'm also excited about the HP ones, which are similar to the Disney Princess/Villains line.

Can't wait until/if we ever start seeing Disney Afternoon stuff as well.

Absolutely, me too. I really hope they expand the lines past popular/new animated movies. Villains seems like a step in the right direction at least.

Kuro-kun

Postby Kuro-kun » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Childishtycoon wrote:With the BH6 tv show coming out it would be cool if it was popular and they were able to do a mini set, Although I doubt it. Hopefully we at least get Baymax and Hiro. A mm set would have been perfect for the movie. They could have even done a mochi figure :)

I would love a BH6 set especially if Tadashi is included. Aunt Cass, Mochi, and Callaghan/ Yokai could be included, too. Plus, there's so many opportunities for exclusives. There was a figural keychain set recently, so hopefully with the new show there will be a MM line.
/\,,,/\
( ˆ ˘ ˆ)
My name's Liz!
Pokémon Collector and Pop Funatic ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Stats:
Pops - ??? / Mystery Minis - ??
6" Pops - ?? / Dorbz - ??

Newest Pop - Grimmjow
Major Grail ISO - Pokemon Eevee Proto and White Kurama Proto
ISO - (White Shirt) Mario Maurer Pop

Return to “Blind Bags”