No SDCC exclusive mystery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

No SDCC exclusive mystery minis?

Postby sylin » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Are we going to get a repeat of 2015 and have no SDCC exclusive minis? :( Or will we get some this year? Crossing my fingers for some mystery minis love...

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: No SDCC exclusive mystery minis?

Postby Valde » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Unfortunately the minis aren't as popular as Pop and now Dorbz. Retailers like Gemini and Fugitive had cases an entire year later for sale, some might even have sealed ones now. As much as I want hem I doubt it'll happen ever again.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Gemini does still have sealed cases of both from SDCC 2014. I guess having to buy the whole case and there being no real mystery to it drove some away, but they were really nice pieces.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm hoping for maybe one series this year, instead of two like in 2014.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Unfortunately, like Jason stated, they didn't sell well. They were awesome minis (I loved the Disney series) but I doubt we'll be seeing anymore in the future. Then again, I've been wrong in the past.
I'm Abe

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 pm

I would love some Mystery Minis for SDCC too! If they hadn't sold well in the past, how about this for an idea:

How about a smaller set, say maybe three minis in a window box similar to the Dorbz? They wouldn't be a "mystery", but they could be in the style of Mystery Minis. I know that defeats the purpose of Mystery Minis, but I'm sure lots of people would buy sets that would supplement their current collections. The possibilities are endless.

A few examples:

-Mirror Universe Kirk, Spock, and Uhura
    -Fry, Leela, and Prof. Farnsworth (or any combo of Futurama characters)
    -Shane, Andrea, and Dale (or any combo of deceased TWD characters)
    -Sam and Dean in FBI suits with the Impala

Or maybe bigger versions of existing minis like Voltron, Godzilla, or The Iron Giant.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:39 pm

I think mini's could do well if someone like Fugitive had them, SDCC exclusive but sold thru Fugitive. People are already there for Funko, so you would have the buyers but their booth and level of traffic would allow for cases to be opened and sold individually much more like MMs were intended to be sold as opposed to a case or nothing like the Funko booth. I know that Funko created sealed, complete cases for SDCC but you could go the varying levels of rarity and open box and I think move a whole lot more. Someone like myself that would never buy a case of MMs, even if it was Marvel related (the franchise I'm most likely to make that kind of purchase for) but regardless of license I would probably buy a couple MMs blind boxes, to try for the chasers.

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:40 pm

zoomfactor32 wrote:I would love some Mystery Minis for SDCC too! If they hadn't sold well in the past, how about this for an idea:

How about a smaller set, say maybe three minis in a window box similar to the Dorbz? They wouldn't be a "mystery", but they could be in the style of Mystery Minis. I know that defeats the purpose of Mystery Minis, but I'm sure lots of people would buy sets that would supplement their current collections. The possibilities are endless.

A few examples:

Or maybe bigger versions of existing minis like Voltron, Godzilla, or The Iron Giant.

Saddly they did bigger TWD mystery minis and I freaking loved them... but I think I was the only person lol

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

They could even run off multi-packs, like they did with the E3 Bethesda pack. They've already branched out to one-offs (GS Cyberdemon), so it can't be a stretch to make a few more exclusive figures.
That being said, if they did ever go that direction, I'd have no way of getting my hands on them :-({|=
Marty
Funklub member #1093

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:09 pm

funkystark wrote:
zoomfactor32 wrote:I would love some Mystery Minis for SDCC too! If they hadn't sold well in the past, how about this for an idea:

A few examples:

Saddly they did bigger TWD mystery minis and I freaking loved them... but I think I was the only person lol

I loved those bigger versions of TWD mystery minis too! I had heard they didn't sell well, but I keep suggesting something along those lines every so often anyways. ;-)

I would love bigger versions of the characters that are supposed to be bigger than the humans. Larger versions of the characters I mentioned above would totally make sense.

RogueSolo wrote:They could even run off multi-packs, like they did with the E3 Bethesda pack. They've already branched out to one-offs (GS Cyberdemon), so it can't be a stretch to make a few more exclusive figures.
That being said, if they did ever go that direction, I'd have no way of getting my hands on them :-({|=

Something like that Bethesda set was exactly what I had in mind! They've also done one-offs for some of the subscriptions boxes too.

gogman

Postby gogman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm

funkystark wrote:I think mini's could do well if someone like Fugitive had them, SDCC exclusive but sold thru Fugitive. People are already there for Funko, so you would have the buyers but their booth and level of traffic would allow for cases to be opened and sold individually much more like MMs were intended to be sold as opposed to a case or nothing like the Funko booth. I know that Funko created sealed, complete cases for SDCC but you could go the varying levels of rarity and open box and I think move a whole lot more. Someone like myself that would never buy a case of MMs, even if it was Marvel related (the franchise I'm most likely to make that kind of purchase for) but regardless of license I would probably buy a couple MMs blind boxes, to try for the chasers.

That's a great idea and would definitely sell more product than whole sealed cases (although I'd buy a whole case).

The window box three packs are also a great idea - you could do all sorts of cool things like some more B&W deceased GoT characters.

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:40 pm

As much as I love more minis, I'm glad we didn't get an SDCC exclusive set this year. These mini packs would be awesome, especially if they're somewhat obtainable.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:47 pm

I would also like to see some SDCC minis, but I have to admit I am interested in just buying some not a whole case.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 pm

I would totally rally for a Freddy mystery mini coming along with our BoF at Fundays. It might promote people getting into conversations with each other more.
ImageImageImage

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm

The excitement of a mystery box is not knowing what is inside, so if you have to buy a case, already know everything inside id and still have to deal with the packaging it isn't as fun. I do think that if you could buy individual boxes instead of a case it would be a lot more popular.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:31 am

Yes, they weren't very popular in 2014. I was never able to get onto the capped lines but at the end of one day, I convinced the guy to sell me a box since all the Pops were already sold out and there were so many left of the minis.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am

I already have enough to buy, I don't need minis too lol
But the multi packs or individual minis would be a better idea than a full case
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

I think we have hardy scratched the surface for SDCC reveals. Sit tight and we'll see what the next four weeks bring. We'll see them from other vendors as well.
San Diego funatic

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:51 am

I hope they make another in memorandum series for GoT and toss one out there for Walking Dead.
ImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 am

Will today be the day for a SDCC '16 reveal?
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Nope, still no minis.

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:22 pm

:-k Maybe this year there trying to keep it a little simpler and not having so many lines? No pop shirts either.

Return to “Blind Bags”