Horror Series 3 Mystery Minis!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
JohnnyPOP

Re: Horror Series 3 Mystery Minis!

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 pm

How hard is it to find Barbara from the HT sets? I pulled Adam today at work and they're the main two I wanted from this series. And I'll work on getting Elvira and Jaws later, since they're 1/6.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:35 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:How hard is it to find Barbara from the HT sets? I pulled Adam today at work and they're the main two I wanted from this series. And I'll work on getting Elvira and Jaws later, since they're 1/6.

Pretty sure I have an extra Bruce here somewhere, if you want him he's yours.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:How hard is it to find Barbara from the HT sets? I pulled Adam today at work and they're the main two I wanted from this series. And I'll work on getting Elvira and Jaws later, since they're 1/6.

Pretty sure I have an extra Bruce here somewhere, if you want him he's yours.

That'd be awesome! Thank you! I keep forgetting his name is Bruce.

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Munky wrote:I know the feeling.
Just had an email from them, saying that they should be shipping mine in the next ten days...
Oh well, my seven year old will be happy swapping the dupes with friends, but I'm not sure even he will be able to swap another set of Elvira's! :)

Heh, I got that e-mail the next day after I posted here. At least now I know it's sooner rather than later. :)

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 am

Yea, i had a case and cancelled it. I just went and hunted them down in stores. Dupes are no fun for anyone. Liked how they did the ratio on this box although could have done without 3 dupes per box. Hope this trend Continues and they get away from the random layouts.

To me the fun is in the mini, not the mystery.

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:59 am

RogueSolo sent me the HT exclusives.
Thanks brother!!!

Now just missing Freddy n Bateman
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:46 am

FredKruger wrote:Yea, i had a case and cancelled it. I just went and hunted them down in stores. Dupes are no fun for anyone. Liked how they did the ratio on this box although could have done without 3 dupes per box. Hope this trend Continues and they get away from the random layouts.

To me the fun is in the mini, not the mystery.

Here here! Discovering the case layouts is what got me into collecting Mystery Minis. I tried my hand with a few of Sci-Fi series one, got way too many dups and lost interest until some fine folks here started posting the case layouts. Makes it much easier on the wallet and mind to collect them now.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Well, I finally got my two cases in. Results not too crazy, got the expected dupes and one of the rares. So I've got dupes of the expected Wolf Man, Elvira, and Jaws, as well as Alex (Clockwork Orange), Jack (Shining), and Slimer. Still looking for Bateman (American Psycho) and the Shining Twins. I'm pretty late to the game, but hey, if there's anyone out there who thinks they might be interested in a trade... :) I've also got a Twisty I don't particularly care about if that's of interest to any potential traders...

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:05 pm

I've been pretty lucky with these. Only pulled 2 dupes so far and was able to get Bateman and Freddy from random boxes. But I agree, not sure how interested I would be if not for the layouts. I have way too many Benders laying around...lol.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Finally got a Freddy today!!

Also pulled an extra Mummy if anyone needs him. I still need Jason, but would entertain other offers as well. Shoot me a PM.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:07 pm

jagpop wrote:I've been pretty lucky with these. Only pulled 2 dupes so far and was able to get Bateman and Freddy from random boxes. But I agree, not sure how interested I would be if not for the layouts. I have way too many Benders laying around...lol.

That's awesome you got so lucky finding the Bateman! I'm still looking to find him myself...about ready to buy straight up lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:16 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
jagpop wrote:I've been pretty lucky with these. Only pulled 2 dupes so far and was able to get Bateman and Freddy from random boxes. But I agree, not sure how interested I would be if not for the layouts. I have way too many Benders laying around...lol.

That's awesome you got so lucky finding the Bateman! I'm still looking to find him myself...about ready to buy straight up lol

I hear ya. Ever since that pull, I haven't been able to find Horror Series 3 boxes at all. Target use to carry them but I think they are drying up. Where do buy them?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:25 pm

jagpop wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

I hear ya. Ever since that pull, I haven't been able to find Horror Series 3 boxes at all. Target use to carry them but I think they are drying up. Where do buy them?

Books A Million had a case I saw this evening...Walmart..don't recall whether GameStop did or not. I just usually buy people's extras instead of stores ](*,)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Jason1224

Postby Jason1224 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Anyone's hot topic restock these? I saw one case there when they first came out but missed Tiffany and have never seen them again

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:51 am

Jason1224 wrote:Anyone's hot topic restock these? I saw one case there when they first came out but missed Tiffany and have never seen them again

I haven't seen them in a while either. Last place I was able to get a few was at Comikaze's HT booth. I use to get them at Target but it seems like they haven't restocked in months.

Jason1224

Postby Jason1224 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm

jagpop wrote:
Jason1224 wrote:Anyone's hot topic restock these? I saw one case there when they first came out but missed Tiffany and have never seen them again

I haven't seen them in a while either. Last place I was able to get a few was at Comikaze's HT booth. I use to get them at Target but it seems like they haven't restocked in months.

I saw a box at think geek a few weeks back and tried for Bateman but the boxes had been mixed and I got another wolf man. They'll probably pull something weird like they did with the sci fi series 2 and start sending more out way down the line

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Found a fresh case at Target last night. Went to buy 2 and they were not in their system so that would not sell them to me.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:06 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Found a fresh case at Target last night. Went to buy 2 and they were not in their system so that would not sell them to me.

That happened to me too where they didn't find them in the system. Fortunately they still sold to me by looking up the FNAF mystery minis in their system.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:29 pm

mohawkjones wrote:[quote="paxderomano]Found a fresh case at Target last night. Went to buy 2 and they were not in their system so that would not sell them to me.[/quote][/quote]

Interesting that both of you ran into this. This has happen to me twice at self checkout. The first time the worker just rang them up for the price I told them and the second time I got annoyed and just left them. I wonder why they are not showing up in the system.
Last edited by jagpop on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:30 pm

jagpop wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
paxderomano wrote:Found a fresh case at Target last night. Went to buy 2 and they were not in their system so that would not sell them to me.

Interesting that both of you ran into this. This has happen to me twice at self checkout. The first time the worker just rang them up for the price I told them and the second time I got annoyed and just left them. I wonder why they are not showing up in the system.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:33 pm

jagpop wrote:
jagpop wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I say if it's not in the system you should get the box for free!
Last edited by NCDS on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 pm

NCDS wrote:
jagpop wrote:
jagpop wrote:

Funny, that is what my wife said. Woman associate at Target did not agree.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
NCDS wrote:
jagpop wrote:Interesting that both of you ran into this. This has happen to me twice at self checkout. The first time the worker just rang them up for the price I told them and the second time I got annoyed and just left them. I wonder why they are not showing up in the system.

Funny, that is what my wife said. Woman associate at Target did not agree.

LOL! I'm ok with free. My motto "If it's free, I'll take two."

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Also there was an Ash/Bruce mini and I missed it.....hangs head in shame.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:48 pm

NCDS wrote:Also there was an Ash/Bruce mini and I missed it.....hangs head in shame.

Don't feel too bad, it came out in 2014. I think a lot of folks missed it.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Munky

Postby Munky » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50 pm

Wow!!! Just saw this on the Bay of 'e'...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Mystery-M ... SwnHZYV4iU
And I was just looking for a standard one!
Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... \:D/

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Yeah 500$ obo for a mystery mini. -___- straight up joke

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 am

Munky wrote:Wow!!! Just saw this on the Bay of 'e'...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Mystery-M ... SwnHZYV4iU

They didn't make one with mask, I'd guess that's from china.....

Munky

Postby Munky » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:05 am

Interesting. It was in the original sketches though...
Seller also has a Funko Fright Pack character for sale (along with some history of Funko sales) and is based in SD. So maybe it's real???
If so, I wonder how they came by it?
Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... \:D/

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Speaking of those sketches, today's 12 Days of Christmas post included Psycho and Carrie POPs, so hopefully that means we'll still get those MMs next year that were canceled this year...

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:55 pm

That would be great! Really looking forward to those.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Munky wrote:Wow!!! Just saw this on the Bay of 'e'...

Nice! I found this on their ebay page when asking about the item:
How did you come by this proto? It isn't a released version as I'm sure you are aware. Thanks
conere : Hi! Thank you for your interest! I actually won this prototype from a recent event in San Diego at which Funko South raffled miscellaneous prototypes to people in attendance of the event. 100% legitimate.

I wonder if protos of the other minis exist out there?

muffinhunter wrote:Speaking of those sketches, today's 12 Days of Christmas post included Psycho and Carrie POPs, so hopefully that means we'll still get those MMs next year that were canceled this year...

Oh goodness, yes!
Day 8 is older movies!
Donnie Darko Dorbz
Planet of the Apes Dorbz
Psycho Pop
Carrie Pop
Reservoir Dogs Pop
Tommy Boy Pop
Krampus Pop
Kingsman Pop
More LOTR/Hobbit Pop & Rock Candy!
More Harry Potter Pop, Plush & Rock Candy!!

Plus Krampus and Donnie Darko (slightly related)! Yes!!! \:D/
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 pm

I've been so tempted by this Series but I'm generally not a fan of blind boxes. Walked into GameStop tonight and saw 2 boxes of S2 and 4 boxes of s3. Some credit was burning a hole in my pocket so I figured what the heck and went for it. I was pleasantly surprised at my luck:

s2 - Shaun
s2 - Stripe
s3 - Elvira
s3 - Jack Torrence
s3 - Alex DeLarge!!!
s4 - Twisty

Extremely happy with these pulls as Jack and Alex were my most wanted (Bateman is too but I'm not expecting miracles lol). Now I want more :D

Munky

Postby Munky » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:32 am

Wow - that's a really lucky hoard!
I'm still searching for a Jack and Alex myself. I had all but those two from various boxes I bought at HotTopic and raids of GameStop. I had a box on order from BBT but cancelled it as I had so many doubles already and only needed those two.
Now Christmas is over, I think eBay will be my friend :)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Cosmic_Cow wrote:I've been so tempted by this Series but I'm generally not a fan of blind boxes. Walked into GameStop tonight and saw 2 boxes of S2 and 4 boxes of s3. Some credit was burning a hole in my pocket so I figured what the heck and went for it. I was pleasantly surprised at my luck:

s2 - Shaun
s2 - Stripe
s3 - Elvira
s3 - Jack Torrence
s3 - Alex DeLarge!!!
s4 - Twisty

Extremely happy with these pulls as Jack and Alex were my most wanted (Bateman is too but I'm not expecting miracles lol). Now I want more :D

Very nice pulls! My last two boxes have been Wolfman. I may end up just giving them away to help someone out.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Munky wrote:Wow - that's a really lucky hoard!
I'm still searching for a Jack and Alex myself. I had all but those two from various boxes I bought at HotTopic and raids of GameStop. I had a box on order from BBT but cancelled it as I had so many doubles already and only needed those two.
Now Christmas is over, I think eBay will be my friend :)

Jack and Alex actually aren't going for that much lately. I was originally planning to pick them up on eBay myself but then I ran into those few loose boxes.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed May 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Looks like another proto of an unreleased MM is out there too, the Zulu one!
Guessing it was the same way the Alex MM was released, through a special event:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTNLjjgDTIq/?hl=en
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu May 04, 2017 8:20 am

hope that Zuul makes it into the series 4, that looks awesome.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Thu May 04, 2017 9:21 am

That's so cool. I really hope we get the Zuul hound in series 4.
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:37 am

ShyGuyPal wrote:Looks like another proto of an unreleased MM is out there too, the Zulu one!
Guessing it was the same way the Alex MM was released, through a special event:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTNLjjgDTIq/?hl=en

That Zuul...must have!!!

Return to “Blind Bags”