Mystery Mini Won't Stand

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
butwevegotheart

Mystery Mini Won't Stand

Postby butwevegotheart » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 pm

So, I got into collecting minis a few months ago, and I've built up a decent collection, so I'd like to put them on a tiered display. I mention displaying them because after months of buying tons and trying to get her, I finally got Carol from The Walking Dead Series 3 set, but she won't stand up at all. :( Her back is slightly hunched, and her head tilts pretty far forward. I know some of the tricks of propping up, or fixing, Pops that won't stand, but I don't think they'll work on a MM that's going to be standing on a tiered display. So, I'm obviously wondering what I should do to get her to stand without damaging her, since it took me so long to get her.
I'm Steph! My favorite, and main, Funko Pop lines that I'm currently collecting are The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Disney, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and Doctor Who.
Funko Pop Count: 109
Mystery Minis: 41
My current grails: SDCC Bryan Fuller, Unmasked Captain America, Unmasked/Masked Winter Soldier

misterjstewart

Re: Mystery Mini Won't Stand

Postby misterjstewart » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:51 pm

You can try museum putty on her feet.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:07 am

I don't know if you are flexible with your display, but I got a nail polish rack to hold things in and there's a small lip to the shelf, which helps keep minis upright. I can send you a link if you are interested. The only thing is, it will only hold minis then.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:52 am

Poster Blue Tac works as well.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:02 am

Little felt pads, sold at Target, Home Depot, etc. sticky enough to stay but not damage. I've used them on a few of mystery mini figures with great success.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

butwevegotheart

Postby butwevegotheart » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions! I'll definitely give a few of them a try :)
I'm Steph! My favorite, and main, Funko Pop lines that I'm currently collecting are The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Disney, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and Doctor Who.
Funko Pop Count: 109
Mystery Minis: 41
My current grails: SDCC Bryan Fuller, Unmasked Captain America, Unmasked/Masked Winter Soldier

Return to “Blind Bags”