Pint Size Heroes?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
TheMerchantMan

Re: Pint Size Heroes?

Postby TheMerchantMan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm

HellKat613 wrote:
TheMerchantMan wrote:I just scored two more Jaspers (my touch technique and sight are getting better!), an extra Holo-Pearl, and an extra GitD Steven (that I thought was a regular Amethyst) from my local HT. I also got an empty case from 'em along with the display figures!

rugbyplayer11 wrote:Metallic Spider-Man and B&W Harley are only on the display and they go for modest resale. Probably won't be an issue for the SU set.

I don't know, the figures that are available in the blind bags are selling between $9-$14 right now and eBay doesn't have any of the display-exclusive Roses up for sale.

EDIT: And scratch that, they're on eBay but they're going for $16-$25.

Are you selling or trading the glow in the dark Steven? He's the only one I want from the set.

I would if I still had it, a friend of mine went ballistic over me getting it (as well as finding the Steven Universe PSHs in general) and bought it off of me.

groundhog7s wrote:If the other three series is a sign, once Steven Universe starts hitting retailers the prices will come way down (including the case exclusive). Patience is the key to good prices on PSH.

I don't know, the Peridot Mystery Mini is still sells for $20-$30 despite being out since August...

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm not sure you can compare the 1:36 Mystery Minis with Pint Size Heroes. The demand isn't as high and the rarity isn't the same (not to mention you can peek into bags if you're patient. Prices will drop.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

jayceanime

Postby jayceanime » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:12 pm

I got my regular set today, completing the line... I think? The Water clone Amethyst that was in the promotional images apparently did not get released, from what I can tell. I looked for it in my Hot Topic's stock, my GameStop's stock and in my regular case. Nothing. I'm wondering if they plan to make it a Toys R Us exclusive or something, but I can't find anything about it online.
I borrowed my Mystery minis display, since I haven't decided how to set these up yet. Kind of wish we could've gotten some more character variety instead of 6/22 being the same Steven mold, but I do really love them them overall. Really happy to finally have something Stevonnie and Jasper. Hopefully we get water clone Amethyst at some point, since she's the only OG Crystal gem without one at this point.

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 pm

I love that the DC and Marvel PSH are like an offspring of Pop! and Dorbz combined! Nice price too. Already talked about space issues elsewhere, so looking at reducing my Pop! purchases a little (but definitely not stopping LOL), so these will be nice to move towards along with catching up on the Mystery Minis.
Last edited by popmad2016 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Could somebody please tell more the rarity of a regular Steven u case? I think I'm getting one and I'm just interested in knowing.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jayceanime

Postby jayceanime » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Could somebody please tell more the rarity of a regular Steven u case? I think I'm getting one and I'm just interested in knowing.

In my regular case I got 2 Peridot, 2 Greg Universe, 2 Steven with Star eyes, 2 standard Steven (3 including the one in the display window) 2 Rose Quartz, 2 Connie, 2 Stevonnie and 1 of everyone else in the regular set, including Clear Rose Quartz in the display window. Judging by what I've seen sold on eBay, this seems to be the standard for what you'll get in a regular case, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also, just something to keep in mind: As I said a few posts up, the clear Amethyst that was in the promotional images for the regular set was apparently changed to a clear Rose. So as far as I can tell, you will not get her.

Hope that helps!

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 pm

So I've managed to hunt down every single one of these guys in the wild except that water clone Amethyst. Guess I'm going to have to make more Gamestop trips :T
Hey, I'm Ashley!

Currently ISO: Connie and Peridot mystery minis

TheMerchantMan

Postby TheMerchantMan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:32 am

jayceanime wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:Could somebody please tell more the rarity of a regular Steven u case? I think I'm getting one and I'm just interested in knowing.

In my regular case I got 2 Peridot, 2 Greg Universe, 2 Steven with Star eyes, 2 standard Steven (3 including the one in the display window) 2 Rose Quartz, 2 Connie, 2 Stevonnie and 1 of everyone else in the regular set, including Clear Rose Quartz in the display window. Judging by what I've seen sold on eBay, this seems to be the standard for what you'll get in a regular case, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also, just something to keep in mind: As I said a few posts up, the clear Amethyst that was in the promotional images for the regular set was apparently changed to a clear Rose. So as far as I can tell, you will not get her.

Hope that helps!

It certainly helps in mine, I suppose I'll just hunt for the exclusives and then get a regular case at a later date.

Littlemissplush wrote:So I've managed to hunt down every single one of these guys in the wild except that water clone Amethyst. Guess I'm going to have to make more Gamestop trips :T

Did you get Water Clone Rose yet?

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Pardon the ignorance, I don't collect this line.

How old is the Batman Beyond PSH? I would like to get one of those, but don't know if that wave is really old.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Zorn88 wrote:Pardon the ignorance, I don't collect this line.

How old is the Batman Beyond PSH? I would like to get one of those, but don't know if that wave is really old.

The Batman Beyond one is only in the "standard" set, so your best bet would be Toys R Us. They came out in September, so not that old. Good luck :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Littlemissplush

Postby Littlemissplush » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:02 pm

TheMerchantMan wrote:
Littlemissplush wrote:So I've managed to hunt down every single one of these guys in the wild except that water clone Amethyst. Guess I'm going to have to make more Gamestop trips :T

Did you get Water Clone Rose yet?

Yep - I bought a full case so she came with it
Last edited by Littlemissplush on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey, I'm Ashley!

Currently ISO: Connie and Peridot mystery minis

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Double post
Last edited by PopGoestheJess on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:14 pm

Ermahgerd. The Power Rangers set is adorable!

Team Dorbz 4 Life

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:31 pm

where is the shut up and take my money image when you need it, they are all so cute.

I have until January to finish my Five nights at freddys set.
- tauntaunking on instagram

rugbyplayer11

Postby rugbyplayer11 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Seems like there is only one set. Kind of glad although metallic one would be cool, or glow in the dark.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Need Green, White, Red and Alpha. Shouldnt be a problem as long as there's peep holes and I speak to a nice manager to get the window piece. :D

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered already, but does anyone have any release information for the Toy's R Us Spiderman set, in Northern California?

I read the thread and it seems they are being found, but there is nothing at this end of the world......or have I just missed them (or I'm blind)
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

rugbyplayer11

Postby rugbyplayer11 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:46 pm

I found mine in the spider man section of toys r us. I am on the east coast though.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 pm

OMG Rita's little yelling face is so adorable!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Pryde72 wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked/answered already, but does anyone have any release information for the Toy's R Us Spiderman set, in Northern California?

I read the thread and it seems they are being found, but there is nothing at this end of the world......or have I just missed them (or I'm blind)

I found a box by some of the other blind bag things (like Mojis, the non-funko batman ones, etc), along with some small candies and little things, all licensed stuff. Right when you enter the store. I also found a box by the rest of the Pops and minis that they have. It doesn't seem to have a set spot, so you might have to check a few places. Good luck!
ISO Mystery Minis!

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

rugbyplayer11 wrote:I found mine in the spider man section of toys r us. I am on the east coast though.

cool! I have to admit that I would have checked there, but I will have to pay closer attention

kihou wrote:I found a box by some of the other blind bag things (like Mojis, the non-funko batman ones, etc), along with some small candies and little things, all licensed stuff. Right when you enter the store. I also found a box by the rest of the Pops and minis that they have. It doesn't seem to have a set spot, so you might have to check a few places. Good luck!

Oh crud! I guess I just have to walk the whole store ](*,)

Thanks for the wishes of luck....I think I'm going to need it
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

rugbyplayer11

Postby rugbyplayer11 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
rugbyplayer11 wrote:I found mine in the spider man section of toys r us. I am on the east coast though.

cool! I have to admit that I would have checked there, but I will have to pay closer attention

kihou wrote:I found a box by some of the other blind bag things (like Mojis, the non-funko batman ones, etc), along with some small candies and little things, all licensed stuff. Right when you enter the store. I also found a box by the rest of the Pops and minis that they have. It doesn't seem to have a set spot, so you might have to check a few places. Good luck!

Oh crud! I guess I just have to walk the whole store ](*,)

Thanks for the wishes of luck....I think I'm going to need it

Yeah, my TRU put Batman in the front of registers. Steven Universe with other collectible figures, and FNaF with the Funko figures.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

No one's going to mention Power Rangers PSH?

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soo ... er-rangers
www.8-BitHero.com

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:25 pm

^^^^^ :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

No. We're not going to mention it, like...EVER! *snort*
Team Dorbz 4 Life

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Power Rangers are like the Fight Club of PSH I guess.
www.8-BitHero.com

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:06 am

Can anyone give a basic breakdown of which Steven Universe are exclusive to which places please? I'm sure it's in the thread here somewhere but I'm having trouble finding it.
www.8-BitHero.com

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am

groundhog7s wrote:Can anyone give a basic breakdown of which Steven Universe are exclusive to which places please? I'm sure it's in the thread here somewhere but I'm having trouble finding it.

On the very first page about 3 posts down. They are under spoiler tags
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:49 am

Are the pics accurate? It seems there was some mention of lineups changing.
www.8-BitHero.com

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Ermahgerd. The Power Rangers set is adorable!

Can't wait...was going to stop at just getting the entire line-up of Might Morphin' Rangers in Pop! form, but this is just too tempting...especially with the bad guys...if I can find the funds, I'll be all in BUT not on my radar till 2017...
Last edited by popmad2016 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:14 am

popmad2016 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:Ermahgerd. The Power Rangers set is adorable!

Spoiler: show

Can't wait...was going to stop at just getting the entire line-up of Might Morphin' Rangers in Pop! form, but this is just too tempting...especially with the bad guys...

Really hope not to many store exclusive variants. I want all these.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo