HTTYD Metallic Rumblehorn?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
iamthenightrider

HTTYD Metallic Rumblehorn?

Postby iamthenightrider » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi y'all!

Trying to work out if the metallic Rumblehorn how to train your dragon mystery mini is legit? The only reference I've ever seen on it is on PPG and only 30 people say they own. If it was a chase I assume WAY more people would have him, like the harder to find toothless minis. Plus his head is red on the regular mini and green on the metallic?
Pops
BBT | HTTYD | Harry Potter | Arrow | The Flash | Game of Thrones | OUAT | Westworld Fantastic Beasts | Cars
Minis
HTTYD | Harry Potter | Game of Thrones | Princess & Companions | Villains & Companions
Dorbz
Harley Quinn
Steamboat Willie :-"

Tayla!

Turtledoc

Re: HTTYD Metallic Rumblehorn?

Postby Turtledoc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 pm

It's a thing. I have one. Got it from a mini purchased at target. I can provide pics tonight when I'm home.
Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:17 pm

As promised. I have no info though. Got him before I was big into collecting so he's just been sitting with my HTTYD minis for a while. I know he came from target, that's about it.

No flash-

With flash-

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 am

I'm guessing he's like the Becky minis from Finding Dory. The first cases that were sold had a grayish Becky, but later cases had a black Becky instead. You can see the diferences here:

There are also variants of Destiny the Whale Shark, Gerald the sea lion (yellow bucket vs green bucket) and the Otter (allegedly some are gray, others are brown). I'm assuming it has to do with production runs, maybe.

Either way, the metallic Rumble horn looks cool, Turtledoc. I've only ever seen the red-head version in stores/in person. I kinda prefer him all green.
Just a small town girl...

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:I'm guessing he's like the Becky minis from Finding Dory. The first cases that were sold had a grayish Becky, but later cases had a black Becky instead. You can see the diferences here:

There are also variants of Destiny the Whale Shark, Gerald the sea lion (yellow bucket vs green bucket) and the Otter (allegedly some are gray, others are brown). I'm assuming it has to do with production runs, maybe.

Either way, the metallic Rumble horn looks cool, Turtledoc. I've only ever seen the red-head version in stores/in person. I kinda prefer him all green.

I am guessing you are right. I remember when I pulled him being really confused because he didn't look like the box art. Also, how sad am I that I have the wrong color bucket on Gerald?

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Turtledoc wrote:
Sunshine29102 wrote:I'm guessing he's like the Becky minis from Finding Dory. The first cases that were sold had a grayish Becky, but later cases had a black Becky instead. You can see the diferences here:

Spoiler: show

I am guessing you are right. I remember when I pulled him being really confused because he didn't look like the box art. Also, how sad am I that I have the wrong color bucket on Gerald?

Me either. Hoping to get a Gerald w/green bucket too.
Just a small town girl...

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:16 pm

The green metallic rumblehorn seems to be the only one I can find! lol Between my kids and I, we have 3 and have yet to find a regular rumblehorn. :)
~Niki

Collecting Harry Potter Mystery Minis and Disney Pops and Mystery Minis

WTB: Prince John Pop, B&N Dumbledore Mystery Mini, Meeko and Pascal Princess Mystery Minis, Crocodile and Captain Hook Mystery Minis

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:53 pm

omg! another variant I need to find. Wish I hadn't read this thread now hahaha
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Return to “Blind Bags”