**FUNKO Flaw Needs Addressing**

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
HaloHawk87

Re: **FUNKO Flaw Needs Addressing**

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:23 am

I too would would love it if each box had a window and had the name of the character on the box, and I'm one of those who prefer case layouts. Not only would I know for sure what I'm buying, but I would enjoy displaying them more that way. That's one reason why I buy a lot more Pops than MMs.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Probably in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan of the mystery of them, considering with most of the licenses, I've only wanted a few here and there. The only ones I wanted the whole case of were Supernatural, and even that died off before I could get them all. Pops still own me...so until that stops, I'll probably just pick and choose once and awhile. I do plan on asking for more minis on the forum though, as most people don't hesitate to part with their duplicates. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm

There's a part of me that likes the mystery factor, but I'm not really a gambler and I have the worst luck with mystery minis. I still buy them, though. I like the layouts, but I have found they don't always work due to employees or customers moving boxes around. It only works if you get to an untouched box. I've found that to only happen at my local comic shop. Once in a great while my local HT will hold an untouched box for me, but that's super rare. I still don't have much luck with layouts, so I don't mind others using them or Funko continuing to pack minis that way.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:48 pm

I wish the boxes were truly random as well. A layout is kinda lame, considering how TCGs work. This would also increase the value of anything not 1/12 though....
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Personally, I've had nothing bust misery from not knowing which box is which. Tons of the same 1/6 and off to ebay I go! Case layouts help imo and I'm glad I have a reference so I can try to finish a set.

Plus if it's a 1/36 or 1/72 even knowing the layout of a box doesn't mean you'll get it!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Jason1224

Postby Jason1224 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm pretty happy with the way everything is being handled right now. The case layouts help if im trying to complete a set but I still end up with doubles from boxes being moved around so the mystery is still there. I wouldnt want a window box because it would probably mean the end of the rare minis or at least any chance of getting one. Employees would buy all the rares up just like they do the chase pops. My only real complaint is that I like the 1:12, 1:24, 1:36, and 1:72 ratios but those 1:6 ratios need to go. They're getting to the point where it's gonna make it not worth buying a case anymore.

goofyestes

Postby goofyestes » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 pm

I agree about the 1:6 ratios. So far, as a new collector, that is the only thing I don't like. I can't buy from layouts anyway because I don't have any local stores.
~Niki

Collecting Harry Potter Mystery Minis and Disney Pops and Mystery Minis

WTB: Prince John Pop, B&N Dumbledore Mystery Mini, Meeko and Pascal Princess Mystery Minis, Crocodile and Captain Hook Mystery Minis

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:11 pm

Jason1224 wrote:I'm pretty happy with the way everything is being handled right now. The case layouts help if im trying to complete a set but I still end up with doubles from boxes being moved around so the mystery is still there. I wouldnt want a window box because it would probably mean the end of the rare minis or at least any chance of getting one. Employees would buy all the rares up just like they do the chase pops. My only real complaint is that I like the 1:12, 1:24, 1:36, and 1:72 ratios but those 1:6 ratios need to go. They're getting to the point where it's gonna make it not worth buying a case anymore.

Totally agree. I really dont understand why each set is handled so differently. Do funko employees sit around in a conference room contemplating how to increase sales or demand....alternating from entire 1/12 series to 1/12 thru 1/144? The first two game of thrones series were awesome the way they handled the ratios. Same with the first two horror classics. Then they switch to all 1/12 and introduce 1/6 figure taking up half a case...i have no idea what they were thinking with these rarity shifts in the series.

Get rid of 1/6 and all 1/12 cases. Copy the recent Bethesda All Stars recipe - very hard to predict even with layouts and a nice range of rare figures.....also the League of Legends series is like this minus the two 1/6 jinx per box.
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

Return to “Blind Bags”