Does anyone buy full sets?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
HellKat613

Does anyone buy full sets?

Postby HellKat613 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Or does it take the fun out of collecting? I'm have to get rid of as many things as I can part with and I was hoping not to break up mini collections. Do you think I'll have any luck?
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

Vinyl4Blood

Re: Does anyone buy full sets?

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 pm

A lot of people buy full sets. For some its a quick way to start collecting a new series, or catch up on ones they've missed.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:32 pm

It's a hard call....but I'd say no...but when looking at my stuff.... yes. lol.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:04 am

I purchase full boxes, especially from HT or GS because I want the chases.
I will only purchase a full box that hasn't been opened yet, preferably from the back or so.

If you're looking for one specific, I would think eBay would be easier than buying multiple boxes since most of the time, the boxes are picked over.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:23 am

If its a MM set i want/like then yeah, I would.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:25 am

I haven't, but my mom has and a few of my friends have. If it's a set I really want I probably would. Try listing them as a full set and see what the reaction is. You could always break them up if it seems like you aren't getting a good response.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Munky

Postby Munky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:16 am

There's been a few posted on eBay and while a few have hung around, I noticed that a couple of them have gone quickly.
Some have had some quite speculative prices, while others have been a fair price considering the rares in them.

I've been trying to catch up with the horror series but for me, it's as much fun buying singles and waiting for them to arrive before buying the next (and spreading the cost) rather than just buying all at once.

I'm sure some more hardcore collectors would be pleased to just pick them up in one go without the effort though.
Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... \:D/

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:17 am

Depends on the set. I've found most people only want to buy 1 or 2 they are missing/want. However if you have an older set and find a new collector you might have some luck. I've had more luck selling multiple figures from sets that have continued into series 3,4 as some new collectors want to collect every mini from the previous sets they missed out on.

Just my two cents as i have had a lot of duplicate figures in my time. Ebay is the best way to go to offload them as well, there is quite a market for these nowadays.
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:32 am

Yes and no. Some series I want them all lol...while others I only want select ones
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:37 am

If I start a set of minis, I will hunt them all down no matter what. My OCD steps In and it drives my hubby crazy but it is what it is. I am a completionest. :eek: :D :D :D
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:56 am

It depends on the set. If it was one I really wanted, and I could find a reasonable price, then I'd buy the whole set all at once. Having space is the real question here lol but I think if you found the right buyer and had the right price, you could sell off entire sets or at the least, chunks of it. (Gen release, HT exclusive, WM exclusive, etc)

Oblong

Postby Oblong » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:51 am

It's not often that I see truly complete sets offered on ebay. Talking about one that has all the chase and Hot Topic/GameStop/Walgreens exclusives.

I think the most economical method is to buy a case from Entertainment Earth or Toy Wars. You will likely get 3/4 of the set complete including 2-4 chase figures. Then add in the chase figures from ebay, usually waiting for the initial hype to die down to get more reasonable prices.
Mystery Mini Addict

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 am

I think people would, especially if it's for a set that is not in stores right now.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:15 am

I buy the boxes and just look for the pieces I am missing elsewhere. First set we tried to get all the minions and when it came down to the last 2-3 we keep getting doubles. I think its easier to just collect as many as you can(its more fun this way) then go else to get the ones you are missing.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:37 pm

As I'm still fairly new to minis collecting, so I'd totally buy a whole set. Maybe not right now since I've got a butt-ton of Rogue One POPs to buy in very near future. But if you're looking to see if there's a market, there is one. You will always make most money by selling pieces individually, but that can also take a lot more time. The age-old fast nickel/slow dime predicament. If you price the lot right, it will sell no problem.
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Often I do... it is cheaper in the long run and I'm cheap :D

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:55 pm

Depends on the set. If I want the majority of the figures, I'll order a case. Did that for Finding Dory, WWE, and Horror sets recently. Most of the time though, I find myself only wanting a few from a set, so I just hit eBay or try to trade/buy them on here.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 pm

If it's a set where everything is 1/12 tans I really want that series I do, but generally I just hunt for figures I want if I don't want the entire set.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:56 pm

I bought the full set of BvS as they all looked fantastic. And then the whole of Alice Through The Looking Glass. Easier than hunting down all the exclusives and bloxing. It's hard to find full sets for sale though.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:12 pm

I was able to pick up a full case Of the Disney Villians at hot topic during hot cash. Now I it have to fill in what I need, the 4 commons, the 4 Walmart exclusives and 2 others.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Usually no. I try to just pick and choose the MMs that I really want from a series. I'll also tend to focus on characters where I either won't be getting a Pop version or characters that I really love.

Except for Sci Fi series 2. My quest for a Voltron resulted in me accidentally collecting that entire series. So I guess they're here to stay. :D
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:51 am

I just try to collect a select few with the exception of the supernatural series. I still don't have all of them. You can always ask your local hot topic to hold you a case if you want to purchase a sealed one.

Return to “Blind Bags”