Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MarvelPopFan75

Re: Gamestop Exclusive X-Men mystery minis?

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Ordered six from Gamestop online and came away with Storm, Sabertooth, Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Cable and brown suit Wolverine. Very happy with that pull. On too Hot Topic.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Was able to get Kitty Pryde today, now just need the HT exclusives.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Got my GS exclusives today. Now I just need my non-exclusive case to ship and the phone call from my local HT connection that they have gotten their cases.
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:02 pm

I've got a GS case on hold (hopefully it is legit a full case), so now I just have to wait for HT (I have another Madison nemesis who always beats me to the minis in my area). Then I gotta find a non-exclusive set (probably at TRU? Maybe Target?).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:42 pm

big_matt wrote:Found the supposed HT layout online. Not mine, so I take no responsibility if it's wrong:

Top:
Back: Storm_Wolverine
Mid: Logan_Psylocke(HT)
Front: Colossus_Sabretooth

Bottom:
Back: Emma Frost(HT)_Iceman(HT)
Mid: Beast_Professor X
Front: Mystique_Cyclops

I can confirm this layout works, I got the exclusives today!
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

MM1000

Postby MM1000 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Found a fresh case and still managed to pull 2 colossus :(

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:00 pm

MM1000 wrote:Found a fresh case and still managed to pull 2 colossus :(

you sure it was fresh and not a merger of 2 picked over ones? I didn't think this set had any dupes.

MM1000

Postby MM1000 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:41 am

Mr Yac wrote:
MM1000 wrote:Found a fresh case and still managed to pull 2 colossus :(

you sure it was fresh and not a merger of 2 picked over ones? I didn't think this set had any dupes.

Not 100% sure, there were only 2 missing so I assumed it was a fresh one. I just wanted jugggernaut and failed miserably lol

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 am

I've managed to get the Gamestop Kitty Pryde, but I have a feeling the Hot Topic Exclusives are going to elude me. My local Hot Topic has, of late, began the horrible practice of taking minis out of the case to put them on a shelf, thus mixing them all up. And apparently SEVERAL people are asking about the X-Men minis, not just me. So, I'm a little nervous about that. We'll see how it shapes out. I found a common case at Books-a-Million and bought six. The case had been messed with, so, I didn't get ALL of the my top wants the first go-round, but I'm not too cut up about it. I pretty much wanted EVERY figure in this set. I wound up getting Professor X, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Colossus, Mystique and Juggernaut... But my Juggernaut was BROKEN! Right out of the package, his head was totally severed. The top looks like the glue never dried to the spring and it was just loose. I'm really disappointed about that, as Juggernaut was one of the figures I wanted MOST in this line. Does Funko have offer replacements for defects like this? Because I really don't know how else to get another Juggernaut. There are no stores around me, aside from the one I ALL READY bought it from, that carry the common case.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Since I have 2 cases coming to me (common and HT), I wish I could help, but I think that Juggy is one of the minis that is replaces by the HT exclusives.

On a semi-related note, I just got word that my common case has shipped!
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Hot Topic cases have started to hit the East Coast. I got a call from my local store that it got 2 cases in. Layout worked perfectly, and I was thrilled to complete my set of exclusives so easily until I got home and... Emma Frost's left arm fell out for no apparent reason! #QualityControl. It is staying in place reasonably well when I put it back in but still pretty annoying!

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:36 pm

All the gamestops near me got their cases in. Used a layout and did get kitty and brown suit wolvie but cable was not in the supposed spot and got a dupe beast. They also had a regular case and I got juggs which was cool. Now just need Magneto, cable, and regular Emma to complete the set.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

Snapz

Postby Snapz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Bought 3 from Gamestop and got all 3 exclusives. Thank you for the layout.
Dorbz - 186 (counting each multi dorbz box as 1)
Pop - 21
Mystery Minis - 73
Rock Candy - 4
Hikari - 1

zAkbar_777

Postby zAkbar_777 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Found a case at my GameStop and only one was missing. I grabbed from the spots and got wolverine and cable but my kitty spot had storm. Since one was missing it may have been kitty and storm moved to that spot lol now to find another fresh case for kitty...
"I Have to Return Some Video Tapes" instagram: cap_n_hwdy

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Need help getting the exclusives, if anyone comes across extras. :D

No Hot Topic in a reasonable distance to me. GameStop was picked over.
Just a small town girl...

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:47 pm

I went to my closest GS tonight and found a case there, with two boxes missing from the top front. I felt confident that I would get Kitty Pryde from her spot, and luckily I did. She looks great, although she does have some minor paint issues, mainly blue spots getting on the yellow parts of her suit. She's the only one I bought. There are others that I have some interest in, but they aren't high priorities. I will probably save my money and stick with Kitty. She was the only one I had to have.

Snapz

Postby Snapz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Went to HT and got 2 of the 3. Looks like someone messed with the top row. Iceman and Emma looks amazing. I pulled Cyclops instead of Psylocke and she was the one I wanted most out of the 18.
Last edited by Snapz on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorbz - 186 (counting each multi dorbz box as 1)
Pop - 21
Mystery Minis - 73
Rock Candy - 4
Hikari - 1

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:37 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:All the gamestops near me got their cases in. Used a layout and did get kitty and brown suit wolvie but cable was not in the supposed spot and got a dupe beast. They also had a regular case and I got juggs which was cool. Now just need Magneto, cable, and regular Emma to complete the set.

Oddly, I pulled a Beast instead of Cable as well. Must have been a factory issue since I watched the sealed case get opened.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:02 am

Chazzy82 wrote:The GameStop layout for the exclusives that's on Instagram is correct.
Wolverine top row, middle right
Kitty Pride bottom row, back left
Cable bottom row, middle left

Neither Hot Topic in my area has them in yet, but I've seen that layout for the HT exclusives twice now, so I'm assuming it's correct.

This layout worked for me, thanks! Pulled Kitty and Wolverine. Wanted to buy more, but just trying to grab the store exclusives I want for now, and get the rest after Christmas.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Has anyone seen these someplace that's NOT HT or GSM? Down to just needing the three figures who get replaced with exclusives.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:02 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Has anyone seen these someplace that's NOT HT or GSM? Down to just needing the three figures who get replaced with exclusives.

They've shown up on the B&N website, so I think they'd be in their stores within a couple weeks. At least, that's what's happened with other new releases at the two locations I shop at.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Has anyone seen these someplace that's NOT HT or GSM? Down to just needing the three figures who get replaced with exclusives.

I found them at Books a Million about two weeks ago, it's weird, because they got them in before my HT! (My HT still hasn't gotten these in, the struggles of East Coast collecting! lol :-({|=)

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:03 pm

I was super pumped for these, but after seeing everyone's close up photos they seem to be the 'light weight head designs' similar to the batman vs. superman and suicide squad lines. I am not sure why but I do not like this model as much as horro/walking dead/sci fi/league of legends, etc. I'm going to have to skip these for now and wait for whatever 2017 has in store. :(
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 am

I really like this set, but, yeah, quality control isn't the greatest. I pulled a broken Juggernaut a few days ago. Finally returned him today. Bought a few more hoping to round out the (common) set. I got Cyclops, Beast and Magneto. Cyclops' paint isn't the greatest. Lines wonky all around his hairline, where his uniform meets his face. Beast, though, is the worst. Paint streak down the right side of his face, smudged gunk of paint over his heart. REALLY disappointing. Magneto fared the best. He has a tiny, almost insignificant spot of purple pain on his knee. I can overlook that one. The other two are gonna bug me non-stop until I get replacements.

I'm down to just needing Juggernaut (grr!), Logan and the three Hot Topic Exclusives to have all of the figures I wanted out of this set, though!

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:12 pm

My local GS got in a common case (which all the employees were really surprised about). Used the common case layout and failed miserably. Pulled from the 3 spots for the ones I needed (Storm, Juggs, Magneto) wound up with all dupes of ones I have. The case was brand new and had just been put out (and I trust all those guys and ladies there and they all know what I come in for and how often so I doubt they screwed up the case integrity). So beware that the common case layout may not work.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

puredynamite

Postby puredynamite » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Picked up 3 today from Gamestop. I'm not a hardcore collector so I didn't realize they were bobbleheads. The pics I've seen didn't make it too obvious either (again just kinda getting into the game here). Wound up getting Colossus, Sabertooth, & Mystique. The quality control wasn't very good, lots of paint missing on Colossus and Saber tooth. Mystique and Colossus heads were really far separated from the neck and bent a little.

Cool characters just wish it was in the style of wwe, tmnt, frozen, ect.. Anyone else have such QC issues?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 am

puredynamite wrote:Picked up 3 today from Gamestop. I'm not a hardcore collector so I didn't realize they were bobbleheads. The pics I've seen didn't make it too obvious either (again just kinda getting into the game here). Wound up getting Colossus, Sabertooth, & Mystique. The quality control wasn't very good, lots of paint missing on Colossus and Saber tooth. Mystique and Colossus heads were really far separated from the neck and bent a little.

Cool characters just wish it was in the style of wwe, tmnt, frozen, ect.. Anyone else have such QC issues?

I have GS Wolverine and Cyclops and the paint is just bleh. I have seen so much better in terms od details in minis. These were rushed.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

zAkbar_777

Postby zAkbar_777 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13 am

Not a real big fan of these after getting them. With that being said I have the 3 GS minis. colossus, and storm if anyone wants them hit me up I'll give you a killer deal.
"I Have to Return Some Video Tapes" instagram: cap_n_hwdy

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:29 pm

zAkbar_777 wrote:Not a real big fan of these after getting them. With that being said I have the 3 GS minis. colossus, and storm if anyone wants them hit me up I'll give you a killer deal.

PM sent!
Just a small town girl...

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I bought a case at Hot Topic this week, and the paint applications and face printing on mine were pretty great. The bobblehead attachment, however, left a lot to be desired. Four of the 12 were attached crooked, and Beast's wasn't attached at all. An hour of prying, some super glue and four very sore fingers later, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Now I just need to find the three characters that are exclusive to the common case. Honestly, though, with the widespread reports of paint slop, I might just buy them on eBay, where I can at least see a picture of the exact figure I'm going to get.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:19 am

Found a new case at TRU today and pulled Juggernaut. He's the only one I wanted and was pretty easy to find. I just wish he didn't have paint splotches, but I think he can be fixed.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:02 am

Those ht exclusives and magneto and juggernaut continue to elude me.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 am

stopped into GS after seeing an unboxing video and decided to try my luck blind (hadn't seen the layout here yet) and pulled Storm, Kitty and Cable. Really happy to have gotten the 2 exclusives I did since Wolverine is just a re-color. If I find him...cool, if not I'll be happy with the blue/yellow version.

Now on to HT

Drush1989

Postby Drush1989 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks everyone for posting and confirming the Gamestop layout. I got Wolverine today. That's my favorite costume of his so I was really happy.

rugbyplayer11

Postby rugbyplayer11 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Happy I found a box at HT but the boxes looked they had been messed with. Took a chance and got the 3 I wanted, Wolverine, Iceman, and Emma frost.

txcarr85

Postby txcarr85 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:40 am

So far no luck on finding any of these at HT or GameStop. Still looking.

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:50 am

imt108 wrote:I received an unopened general box this morning. Here was the layout:

TOP:
Back: Cyclops | Wolverine
Middle: Mystique | Colossus
Front: Beast | Storm

Beast and Storm might be reversed because my son grabbed these out of the box before I could stop him, and I'm not sure if he put them back correctly.

BOTTOM:
Back: Emma Frost | Logan
Middle: Sabertooth | Professor X
Front: Juggernaut | Magneto

Thanks for this. Only wanted Juggernaut, found a new case this morning at Target and got him.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Picked up Cable and Kitty at a Gamestop today. I'm more impressed with these than I thought I'd be, so I may have to get a few more. I'm not into bobble-heads, so I rarely pick up any Marvel MMs, but these are quite nice.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:56 pm

I don't know if I'll get any of these tomorrow morning, but if I don't, I might just want the Wolverine minis, and will be bugging people on here in a couple months for them, haha.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:45 am

Went to Books-a-Million last night and saw that they had more X-Men Minis! Felt the boxes (which were scattered all over the place!) for the heaviest and finally scored a (non-decapitated!) Juggernaut! Woo! Now I JUST need the Hot Topic Exclusives to have all of the ones I wanted from this series!

...And if anybody has extras of those, please PM me! It honestly isn't looking like my local HT is getting them. :(

Return to “Blind Bags”