Masters of the universe mystery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Jason1224

Masters of the universe mystery minis?

Postby Jason1224 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:59 pm

Funko seems to have the license, has anyone heard any rumors of a MOTU mystery mini line? Seems like it would be a great fit with all of the different characters and variants they could make

Vinyl4Blood

Re: Masters of the universe mystery minis?

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:42 pm

These would be great. Just the right amount of characters for a set too.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Id love this, easily purchase a case for all of em.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Jason1224

Postby Jason1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:33 am

I think I read that MOTU Dorbz were confirmed, maybe if they do well we'll see some mystery minis

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:58 am

Jason1224 wrote:I think I read that MOTU Dorbz were confirmed, maybe if they do well we'll see some mystery minis

Yep, Brian confirmed them not too long ago
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

bonnjer

Postby bonnjer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 pm

I would be all over those mystery minis. That would be an awesome set!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Cancel the Dorbz idea and go with Mystery Minis. I would definitely buy a case...
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:53 am

Mystery Minis would be cool, but I know Mattel did a mini MOTU set a little while back through Mattycollector. I'm not sure if they're ready to give up the "mini" license yet.

I suspect I'd be in if they did an MM set, though. I cannot resist the dark power of Skeletor.

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:56 am

BillyLouis wrote:Cancel the Dorbz idea and go with Mystery Minis. I would definitely buy a case...

What? Dorbz Skeletor is going to be amazing.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Another company does blind box minis for Masters of the Universe, though they are slightly bigger, articulated and come with accessories, so not sure if Funko would be able to make them. Not sure if I could mention the company's name or not.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

I think you may be thinking the loyal subjects line.

Mewsh1 wrote:Another company does blind box minis for Masters of the Universe, though they are slightly bigger, articulated and come with accessories, so not sure if Funko would be able to make them. Not sure if I could mention the company's name or not.

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Yep, but didn't know if it was cool to mention another company's name in here.

Hopesdenial wrote:I think you may be thinking the loyal subjects line.

Mewsh1 wrote:Another company does blind box minis for Masters of the Universe, though they are slightly bigger, articulated and come with accessories, so not sure if Funko would be able to make them. Not sure if I could mention the company's name or not.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:Cancel the Dorbz idea and go with Mystery Minis. I would definitely buy a case...

I'm not a fan of Dorbz, so I would prefer Mystery Minis, or expanding the POP!s line.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:38 am

BillyLouis wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

I'm not a fan of Dorbz, so I would prefer Mystery Minis, or expanding the POP!s line.

Soon you shall be converted!
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:49 am

I would LOVE MOTU mystery minis. If Daryl Dixon can get his bike, then SURELY He-Man can get a Battlecat. And let's do a set of She-Ra minis while we're at it. lol

Heli88 wrote:Mystery Minis would be cool, but I know Mattel did a mini MOTU set a little while back through Mattycollector. I'm not sure if they're ready to give up the "mini" license yet.

I suspect I'd be in if they did an MM set, though. I cannot resist the dark power of Skeletor.

I think that Mattel mini line died out quickly, or maybe the interest just wasn't there. The She-Ra minis never made it to sales/production. (I believe they needed enough subscribers to produce them, but didn't meet their requirements. I was super bummed).
Just a small town girl...

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:52 am

BillyLouis wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

Blasphemy. ;-)
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:52 am

Mewsh1 wrote:Yep, but didn't know if it was cool to mention another company's name in here.

True. But, Kidrobot and Loyal Subjects also did TMNT minis as well, and we still got Funko TMNT minis... so maybe it's possible.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:58 am

I would love a MOTU line of mystery minis.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:04 pm

BillyLouis wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

In total agreement, Dorbz do nothing for me but would love to see mystery minis and or more Pops for this series.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:I think that Mattel mini line died out quickly, or maybe the interest just wasn't there. The She-Ra minis never made it to sales/production. (I believe they needed enough subscribers to produce them, but didn't meet their requirements. I was super bummed).

I think part of the problem is that they were only selling it through Mattycollector, so they were automatically limiting their market, largely to people who had already been buying MOTU Classics and might not be interested in starting a new collection in a new style. I guess the notion was to hit the MOTU hardcore fans, but that's ignoring the casual fans who might have been in the market for a mini character or two for their desk.

I think Funko is very well positioned to pull off a MOTU mini line that could grab lots of more casual fans. Plus, speaking only for myself, not being asked to buy things through mattycollector would be an automatic bonus.

If these ever happen, they should definitely fold in some of the She-Ra folks. I'm not sure if two lines would comfortably coexist, but there's no reason they couldn't pull characters from both series.

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:
Mewsh1 wrote:Yep, but didn't know if it was cool to mention another company's name in here.

True. But, Kidrobot and Loyal Subjects also did TMNT minis as well, and we still got Funko TMNT minis... so maybe it's possible.

I sure hope so. Would love to see it.

puredynamite

Postby puredynamite » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I would love this! Would be so awesome!!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:31 pm

I wish they would make these, I would defiantly add these to my collection
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 pm

I would buy almost anything MOTU that Funko cared to make; especially if they include some of the Princess of Power stuff as well. Minis would be a really great way to do that in my opinion. Usually each set of minis has at least 12-16 characters so you could get a decent display of them going even if they didn't get a 2nd series. I'd really love at least a He-Man, Prince Adam, She-ra, Princess Adora, Cringer, Battle-cat, Swift Wind, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor, Teela, Sorceress, Beast Man, Orko, Madame Razz, Hordak, Catra, Bow, Glimmer....honesly I could probably go on and on with these. I want all the MOTU things!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 pm

synergy56 wrote:I would buy almost anything MOTU that Funko cared to make; especially if they include some of the Princess of Power stuff as well. Minis would be a really great way to do that in my opinion. Usually each set of minis has at least 12-16 characters so you could get a decent display of them going even if they didn't get a 2nd series. I'd really love at least a He-Man, Prince Adam, She-ra, Princess Adora, Cringer, Battle-cat, Swift Wind, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor, Teela, Sorceress, Beast Man, Orko, Madame Razz, Hordak, Catra, Bow, Glimmer....honesly I could probably go on and on with these. I want all the MOTU things!

Did we just become best friends? LOL

Seriously, all of those would be super awesome. I think they'D all translate well into mini form.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:Did we just become best friends? LOL

Seriously, all of those would be super awesome. I think they'D all translate well into mini form.

Maybe! Any fan of MOTU are good people in my book! (Extra bonus points if you like Thundercats and Jem) (and super duper bonus points if you're a fan of Stargate: SG-1)

But seriously, I think they would make the cutest minis. If they were like the TMNT ones they would look amazing. I'm not even into TMNT and think those minis look great.
Hi, I'm Merri!

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Yes! Easily a case buy! I need a little Orko and Cringer!!
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Sunshine29102 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I would buy almost anything MOTU that Funko cared to make; especially if they include some of the Princess of Power stuff as well. Minis would be a really great way to do that in my opinion. Usually each set of minis has at least 12-16 characters so you could get a decent display of them going even if they didn't get a 2nd series. I'd really love at least a He-Man, Prince Adam, She-ra, Princess Adora, Cringer, Battle-cat, Swift Wind, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor, Teela, Sorceress, Beast Man, Orko, Madame Razz, Hordak, Catra, Bow, Glimmer....honesly I could probably go on and on with these. I want all the MOTU things!

I be Chris

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 am

lol
MasterSplyntr wrote:
Sunshine29102 wrote:

lol

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:51 pm

If they ever did them I'd hope they would look better than the TLS ones.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 am

Would be all over these! Or at least Gwildor, Blade and Saurod for Mystery Mini's Sci-Fi future waves...

RiaRoo

Postby RiaRoo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:49 am

YES!! But don't forget Panthor! I love that cat! :D
My name is Maria :cheers:

Looking for Harry Potter 3rd series mystery minis!!!

GRAILS: Halloween Peanuts pops, SDCC 2013 Pink flocked Hello Kitty

Return to “Blind Bags”