Anybody have any neat displays or play sets for their minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
LordBlackCat

Anybody have any neat displays or play sets for their minis?

Postby LordBlackCat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:07 pm

I know we have some posters with some pretty impressive collections - does anybody have any neat display setups they are really proud of?

Also related, does anybody use any play sets for other toys to place their minis?

Vinyl4Blood

Re: Anybody have any neat displays or play sets for their minis?

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:53 pm

I haven't found a cool way to display them yet. For now, save space, we use football sized collector display boxes that stack, from the container store. They are about $10 and come with risers. We have just over 20 of them. One for each mystery mini series.

Its not neat, or cool... but Here is a pic of the marvels...

-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Initially bought this spice rack for Dorbz, but it didn't really work. I don't have too many minis but this seems to work well and only cost $5 :)

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Adonia_skydazer

Postby Adonia_skydazer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:30 pm

I bought a cheapo book shelf from target and also bought tiered spice racks that expand to fit the length of each shelf I have over 150 minis and it displays perfect
:D :D :D
I ❤ MYSTERY MINIS!!!

Image Image
I DO CUSTOMS
ImageImage

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 pm

I like to use these Ikea picture frame ledges. Its been the best option - minus a little dust. I buy too many to use the smaller , enclosed cased - i simply do not have the room for them.

John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

Mrs_19k

Postby Mrs_19k » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 pm

A ziploc bag. Ha! I love the minis but no room. You can look into display cases at Michael's they are for shot glasses.
Alex
IG: AlexO1912

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah I use the Container Store risers too after it was recommended in another thread. I ended up getting like 5 of them and quickly using them up.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:50 am

hawkswin2008 wrote:I like to use these Ikea picture frame ledges. Its been the best option - minus a little dust. I buy too many to use the smaller , enclosed cased - i simply do not have the room for them.

This is pretty awesome! Could you potentially get a 2nd row out of the ikea shelves with a riser?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:06 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:
hawkswin2008 wrote:I like to use these Ikea picture frame ledges. Its been the best option - minus a little dust. I buy too many to use the smaller , enclosed cased - i simply do not have the room for them.

This is pretty awesome! Could you potentially get a 2nd row out of the ikea shelves with a riser?

I would image you could. I use to use those for Hikari and they have a way larger foot print. Now I use them for my son's Amibos, still a bigger footprint. Not sure what you would use for a riser, maybe a piece of painted 1x1" board of mounding strip.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:15 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:

Yes, actually you might be able to but i never thought of that. They are 3-4 inches deep i think...but with some of the larger figures i dont think this would work. Some of the GoT dragons and League of Legends figures are quite large.

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:24 am

Looks great
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:15 am

I use nail polish wall racks to display them. Sometimes they don't fit though (like Maleficent dragon is wayyyy too big for it).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:I haven't found a cool way to display them yet. For now, save space, we use football sized collector display boxes that stack, from the container store. They are about $10 and come with risers. We have just over 20 of them. One for each mystery mini series.

I disagree with you bud. Those are a great idea and very neat and cool. Lol. But seriously I like your setup. Going to steal it as my own.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:I haven't found a cool way to display them yet. For now, save space, we use football sized collector display boxes that stack, from the container store. They are about $10 and come with risers. We have just over 20 of them. One for each mystery mini series.

Spoiler: show

I disagree with you bud. Those are a great idea and very neat and cool. Lol. But seriously I like your setup. Going to steal it as my own.

Thanks. You're right... I think it's a GREAT way to display them. Fairly inexpensive, comes with risers, keeps em dust free, they stack.. keeps the cat from knocking em over, and each case can hold a complete set. I just don't think it's that "cool" of a way to display them... not like some of the guys on here that build custom acrylic cases to surround a diorama. But then again, with a collection of this size... something like that just isn't practical.

We originally started with the Walking dead set, and put them into a "Shot glass display case". But not all of them fit well inside it, and it takes a lot of room.

So now (those of you who are just now joining this thread), my wife uses these $10 cases from the Container Store. They come with risers and stack well.

Then there are the .... others. The figures that we haven't bought new cases for yet, or are duplicates, trades, etc... she just sorts them and puts them wherever... usually with a post-it-note on them to identify them. (so she doesn't forget. lol)

All credit goes to the wife. She's the brilliant one that came up with using these display boxes.
Last edited by Vinyl4Blood on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"OMG.. I need that"

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:00 pm

You all have wonderful set ups. I would like to steal ideas from all of you!

I currently have almost everything in a plastic bin. While garage sale-ing, I found a neat little wood frame thing I cleaned up and put on my wall. I've put my absolute favorites (and some lucky new pieces I haven't put away yet) on this frame. But I like all of your ideas better.

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Until now, all of my minis had been stacked using cigar boxes as risers. Though I'm still using those for some of my minis, today I bought one of those expandable spice racks for my sci-fi/horror ones......

Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Oh yeah, I really like how you display yours!

In general, how do you guys keep your figures from falling over? I have a minis that fall over easily. When said minis fall over, it creates a domino effect to the rest of the display. :P
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:15 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:

In general, how do you guys keep your figures from falling over? I have a minis that fall over easily. When said minis fall over, it creates a domino effect to the rest of the display. :P

I usually lean it up against another mini with stron balance or against something strong. With other figurines, I use a tiny bit of sticky tack.

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:29 am

Nice collection - may I trade for your extra rositas? Lmao sorry wrong threat. Looks great. I just went to the container store last night. It's funny I wish I saw this thread before yesterday. I got 6 of the Cases with risers (believe they were $20 each), a expandable spice rack and some shelves.... I'm determined to make my mini empire WORK.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 pm

LordBlackCat wrote:
ShyGuyPal wrote:

I usually lean it up against another mini with stron balance or against something strong. With other figurines, I use a tiny bit of sticky tack.

I like to cut small rectangular pieces of a mini box (the boxes they come in) to stand/balance them on. Sometimes you need to fold it in half, or use a piece of paper folded 2 or 3x depending on the figure and whether or not it is top/back/front heavy. It usually works pretty well - I have around 10-15 figures that wont stand up on their own and stay upright this way.

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 pm

I love seeing everyone's displays. :)

I've completed all four series of The Walking Dead minis. (They were my gateway drug into Funko.)

Instead of displaying all the figures from each set, I like to sort of rotate them out on my bookshelves, based on the TV show seasons or personal preference. Currently, Survivors one one side and Walkers on the other...

I really want to get some of those Walking Dead building sets and use as backdrops to the minis (prison tower, etc).

Here they are as of today...

Just a small town girl...

Maclay

Postby Maclay » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:11 am

Spoiler: show
Sunshine29102 wrote:I love seeing everyone's displays. :)

I've completed all four series of The Walking Dead minis. (They were my gateway drug into Funko.)

Instead of displaying all the figures from each set, I like to sort of rotate them out on my bookshelves, based on the TV show seasons or personal preference. Currently, Survivors one one side and Walkers on the other...

I really want to get some of those Walking Dead building sets and use as backdrops to the minis (prison tower, etc).

Here they are as of today...

That's a very cool looking display! I really like how in-theme everything is.
Hi I'm Jenni!
Pop! count: 145
Mystery Minis: 11

"Time is what turns kittens into cats."

Return to “Blind Bags”