Gears of War mystery minis (first look!)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Gears of War mystery minis (first look!)

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:25 pm

My HT got these in today, pulls to dance shortly!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

LordBlackCat

Postby LordBlackCat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:25 pm

No exclusives, right? All standard cases?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:33 pm

No HT exclusives either. So weird.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:31 pm

roaztb33f wrote:
Double_O_Slevin wrote:Anyone found these yet? Layout(s)?

Here's couple I found over on Istagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMRXMxGhpgu ... nkofinderz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMRD39OB47Z ... nkofinderz

Ha the 2nd one - that's my layout I posted above in this trail - he credited me in the photo lol
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Finished my set today!!!
Photo will be in the Mosh as soon as Photobucket decides to stop being a turd.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:45 pm

I just saw fresh cases of these at HT and GS. Too bad money was going to too many other things today lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:41 am

Thanks for the layouts guys! I used it to get Raam, the Drone, and the Carmine brother. That was all I wanted. I don;t particularly like the way they sculpted the faces for the Human characters. A bit to angular in the face for me. Still, a cool set. If they ever do more, I hope for a Boomer.
I tried to quit, then Fallout 4 minis happened.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:29 am

Broad St Gooner wrote:Thanks for the layouts guys! I used it to get Raam, the Drone, and the Carmine brother. That was all I wanted. I don;t particularly like the way they sculpted the faces for the Human characters. A bit to angular in the face for me. Still, a cool set. If they ever do more, I hope for a Boomer.

Im also not a fan of their faces. I only wanted GITD Pouncer and I was lucky enough to put one yesterday. Its a really heavy one.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Broad St Gooner wrote:Still, a cool set. If they ever do more, I hope for a Boomer.

they are a bit odd, when I saw them I instantly thought "what if imaginext made Gears of War figures for kids"

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 am

I like the faces. Much better than blank stares with no eyes. Many of the older minis are making the same expression. Glad they tried to make these look like the characters for once.

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:20 am

FredKruger wrote:I like the faces. Much better than blank stares with no eyes. Many of the older minis are making the same expression. Glad they tried to make these look like the characters for once.

I like that they tried something different as well. I just don't like this style for all of them. On the Locust characters it looks right, on the humans it just looks weird to me. I hope they do more though. I'd like more of the Locust characters.

I agree, there were quite a few lines that all used a similar style for quite a bit. Especially the style you're talking about.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:32 am

Broad St Gooner wrote:
FredKruger wrote:I like the faces. Much better than blank stares with no eyes. Many of the older minis are making the same expression. Glad they tried to make these look like the characters for once.

I like that they tried something different as well. I just don't like this style for all of them. On the Locust characters it looks right, on the humans it just looks weird to me. I hope they do more though. I'd like more of the Locust characters.

I agree, there were quite a few lines that all used a similar style for quite a bit. Especially the style you're talking about.

Fair enough. I'd definitely agree with you that the locust look better, but was glad to see them shy away from the war craft/dc style faces as gears should not be cartoony. As always it will improve with series 2 if we get em.

I'd like to see a series two, still plenty left:

Hoffman
Anya
Boomer
Queen
Torque Bow Drone
Mini Corpser
Berzerker
Ben Carmine
Gary Carmine
Minh
Dizzy
Marcus's Dad
Cole train football
Glow berserker

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:36 pm

I'd love to get all the Carmine brothers! It's the only human I grabbed from this set. Like I said, a Boomer would be cool. I'd love Theron Guard, Kantus, Ticker, and those little Wretches too.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:48 pm

I'd just like to say real quick that for some reason I can never seem to find minis in my area and even when I do I usually can't buy them. But I am a HUGE GOW fan so if any of you hardcore collectors get any dupes you don't intend on trading please PM. Thank you.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:05 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I'd just like to say real quick that for some reason I can never seem to find minis in my area and even when I do I usually can't buy them. But I am a HUGE GOW fan so if any of you hardcore collectors get any dupes you don't intend on trading please PM. Thank you.

My HT and GS still have a bunch, don't know who is left in them but I can pick some up for you if you want me to.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:04 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I'd just like to say real quick that for some reason I can never seem to find minis in my area and even when I do I usually can't buy them. But I am a HUGE GOW fan so if any of you hardcore collectors get any dupes you don't intend on trading please PM. Thank you.

My HT and GS still have a bunch, don't know who is left in them but I can pick some up for you if you want me to.

You don't have to grab any just for me. I was just saying if anyone got dupes they didn't have any plans for. Thanks though. ;-)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:02 am

I managed to get my hands on the variant Pouncer and while he's awesome I noticed something odd, he's missing 2 eyes on the right side of his head, it's not just that they aren't painted they aren't even there sculpted in, just 2 empty sockets. anybody else have one and notice a similar issue?

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I managed to get my hands on the variant Pouncer and while he's awesome I noticed something odd, he's missing 2 eyes on the right side of his head, it's not just that they aren't painted they aren't even there sculpted in, just 2 empty sockets. anybody else have one and notice a similar issue?

I think they were intended to be that way. I have both variants and this is the same for the common and orange version.
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

krayziekmf

Postby krayziekmf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:55 pm

I finally completed my set a few days ago as I was missing gold carmine and marcus fenix. My red pouncer is missing his tongue though. I am guessing they forgot to attach it as there was nothing else in the box. I sent Funko an email before Xmas and hopefully they are able to replace it.

I think I need to get some more swarm snipers and locust drones as one of each just doesn't seem like enough.

Return to “Blind Bags”