Top 3 Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Munky

Top 3 Mystery Minis

Postby Munky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:16 pm

What are your top three Mystery Minis and why?
These are mine.
Robby the Robot because it's such a cool character.
Cthulhu as it was my first MM and was the only one I was going to buy (I'm a huge Lovecraft fan).
Freddy from series three as he shows just how far the model detail skill has come since series one (which I thought were cool anyway!)

What are yours?
Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... \:D/

justFUNKOmeup555

Re: Top 3 Mystery Minis

Postby justFUNKOmeup555 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:57 pm

I love all three of these due to their extreme detail. Plus, compared to my other minis, they're huge! I actually sought them out as substitutes for buying their pop counterparts. I might end up giving in and getting the giant Alien Queen pop though lol

Erin | Pops: 100+ | Minis: 85 | Dorbz: 4 | Vixens: 2 | Rock Candy: 3

fxrave

Postby fxrave » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am

Hodor: Because "Hold the door, hold the door!"
Pinhead: Because "We'll tear your soul apart!"
Dumbledore: Because "There will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right."

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 am

Rocketeer, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Fly.

They're just awesome and they look great!
Funklub: 11181

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Gym Class Dean, Voltron, and Cthulhu.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Munky

Postby Munky » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:54 pm

I had to check out to see who Gym class Dean was! (Sorry).
Must resist the Supernaturals...
Amazed that there are three likes for Cthulhu already!
Hell Raiser was close to my list too :D
Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... Are the Star Wars Mystery Minis out yet?... \:D/

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:19 pm

That's a really tough call. I just picked from what I actually have displayed at the moment.

Pinhead (Horror S3)
Power Suit Batman (B vs S)
Scarecrow (Arkham Games)

They've gotten so much more detailed since the early ones.
I tried to quit, then Fallout 4 minis happened.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:36 am

I started with minis so I have a ton. My top 3:

Pennywise
Ash
Macho Man/Razor Ramon

Love the horrors, really too tough to pick 3. I remember buying countless GOTG minis trying for a Starlord. Much easier, and cheaper with the layouts now.

KEEP THE MINIS COMING FUNKO!!!

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 am

You might be wondering, "How did you make a top 3 without exclusives?!". Simple my friend, Funko hasn't made any exclusives that I value more than the base set :D
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:40 pm

There are a few I don't own that would make my list, but I'll stick with ones I do.
Diablo - One of my all-time favorite video game series. Hundreds of hours in the first 2 games.
Arkham Catwoman - My first mini. She hooked me.
Merida - Her huge red hair reminds me of my wife.

Man! That was hard!
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am

Stitch sitting, Scarred Chucky, GitD well walker. This was really hard, there are so many I really like.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

davederoin

Postby davederoin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Chose these three because:

1. Masked Morgan - Great show and great detail in the figure
2. Voltron - Should win some type of award it is so amazing in color and detail.
3. Jason - The first figure I ever pulled that started this ridiculous obsession of set building.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:42 pm

My "in hand" top 3 would have to be:

Fallout X01
Predator
Alien Queen

Get a photo soon!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:11 pm

harder than I thought it'd be, but here's my 3

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Mars Attacks Martian - Love the sculpt, pose, and clear helmet! Even the detail on the head is great.
Robby the Robot - Even stylized it captured the character well with the hands and nice details on the head.
The Fly - One of my earliest exposures to horror movies and was very happy to see it acknowledged as a figure. The dynamic posing and details on the head (and jacket) really make it look alive!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:21 am

- Cogsworth (Princess and Companions) - grew up loving the movie, and still do! And Belle (Pop) was what pulled me in to Funko collecting.

- Marshmallow (happy) (Frozen) - I adore how cute it is, and something about finally being able to find one! Took me almost a year, and searching countless stores, and buying more blind boxes than I needed to find him.

- Destiny (Finding Dory) - I loved the movie, all the characters, but didn't expect to find this one. Got it unexpectedly, and was probably the happiest I've been opening mystery boxes.

Runners up - Hayabusa (Villains and Companions), Rapunzel (Princess and Companions), and Stitch (Heroes vs Villains).

And just realized that all my favorites are Disney.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:02 pm

My top three are.

Disney Series 1 Maleficent. She was my first Mystery Mini and not who I was expecting. I didn't love her at first, but I ended up loving her after taking photos of her.

ImageFunko Disney Mystery Mini Maleficent by stacyinil, on Flickr

Supernatural Castiel--I love the wings on all the angels in this mystery mini set.

ImageCastiel by stacyinil, on Flickr

And this last one was hard, I changed my mind, so for now I say Disney Good Vs. Evil Scar because it's a great representation of the character.

ImageScar by stacyinil, on Flickr

I have a long list of runner-ups including Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard, Frozen Marshmallow both versions, Firefly Mal and Jayne, The Walking Dead Daryl (DVD), Rosita, Abraham, and Eugene, Inside Out Fear, Minions King Bob, Despicable Me Fluffy Unicorn, and Supernatural Coach Dean.

Stacy in IL

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

love this thread.

Mine would be:
Jon Snow with Snow - coz it's jon snow
Alice Kingsleigh in her colourful outfit - my favourite outfit in the movie
knightmare batman from BvS - i love this entire set as they all look sooo cool. such great designs (shame about the movie)
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm

kiptrip wrote:love this thread.

Mine would be:
Jon Snow with Snow - coz it's jon snow
Alice Kingsleigh in her colourful outfit - my favourite outfit in the movie
knightmare batman from BvS - i love this entire set as they all look sooo cool. such great designs (shame about the movie)

bump much? :roflmao:

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:05 am

stacyinil wrote:
And this last one was hard, I changed my mind, so for now I say Disney Good Vs. Evil Scar because it's a great representation of the character.

ImageScar by stacyinil, on Flickr

I have a long list of runner-ups including Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard, Frozen Marshmallow both versions, Firefly Mal and Jayne, The Walking Dead Daryl (DVD), Rosita, Abraham, and Eugene, Inside Out Fear, Minions King Bob, Despicable Me Fluffy Unicorn, and Supernatural Coach Dean.

Stacy in IL

I spent a lot of time and effort to get that Scar Mini! He's not in my top 3, but definitely in my top 15. I have like 200+ Mystery Minis, but my favorites are:
Cinema Gremlin
Rocketeer
Metallic Wall-E
Flocked Crookshanks (don't even like Harry Potter, but the flocked mini kitty is beyond cool.)
Rajah
Mars Attacks Martian

Unfortunately, most of my minis are being stored right now, but you can see some of them in my signature below.

Also, I love some of my non-Funko Minis like Flocked Towelie, Hedonismbot and my customized Preacherbot mini.

Return to “Blind Bags”