Packing and Moving Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
jagpop

Packing and Moving Minis

Postby jagpop » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm about to move to a new place at the end of January. What is the best way to pack the loose Minis to avoid them bumping into each other and getting scuffed? I was thinking of bubble wrapping each one individually. Figured that was the best way. If anyone else has tried something else that is more efficient, please share. Thanks.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

PopGoestheJess

Re: Packing and Moving Minis

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Cheap sammich bags. You can get a box of 100 from the $ store :razz:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm kind of in the same boat and have been saving some of the MM boxes. Most of my minis are now stored away in those. Got each mini wrapped in a layer of tissue paper and can anywhere from two to five minis in each little box (aside from the big fellas like Godzilla and Jaws) so they're snug and won't shift around in transit. Then the mini boxes go in a bigger box. Seems to be working well. Got almost my whole collection nicely packed in one medium sized box.

Broad St Gooner

Postby Broad St Gooner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 pm

I've also used sandwich bags or just the wrap they came in. Both worked out fine. I was more worried about parts being bent, so I packed them kind of loose in bags in a shoe box. They have survived a couple moves without issue.
I tried to quit, then Fallout 4 minis happened.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
Broad St GoonerI'm wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

Thanks. I've had minis shipped to me in only a sandwich bag and it tends to rub off on the black paint. Good ideas everyone. I hope my minis survive...lol.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:49 am

jagpop wrote:I'm about to move to a new place at the end of January. What is the best way to pack the loose Minis to avoid them bumping into each other and getting scuffed? I was thinking of bubble wrapping each one individually. Figured that was the best way. If anyone else has tried something else that is more efficient, please share. Thanks.

Glad or generic zip lock sandwich bags.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:51 pm

popmad2016 wrote:
jagpop wrote:I'm about to move to a new place at the end of January. What is the best way to pack the loose Minis to avoid them bumping into each other and getting scuffed? I was thinking of bubble wrapping each one individually. Figured that was the best way. If anyone else has tried something else that is more efficient, please share. Thanks.

Glad or generic zip lock sandwich bags.

Thanks.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 pm

When I had to move and I had a lot of vinylmation figures I put them in little baggies I got at Michael's. It's like 3 inches wide and four inches long. Super cheap too. Or just get some sandwich bags.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:14 pm

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the bobble head ones. If you have any Marvel minis that are bobble heads I try to wrap some tissue paper around their neck before I put them in a bad so that their head doesn't get bent and their neck spring won't go wonky.
Hi, I'm Merri!

hawkswin2008

Postby hawkswin2008 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Quazimoto wrote:I'm kind of in the same boat and have been saving some of the MM boxes. Most of my minis are now stored away in those. Got each mini wrapped in a layer of tissue paper and can anywhere from two to five minis in each little box (aside from the big fellas like Godzilla and Jaws) so they're snug and won't shift around in transit. Then the mini boxes go in a bigger box. Seems to be working well. Got almost my whole collection nicely packed in one medium sized box.

This was my strategy. I always save the boxes and black overwrap as moving some 300+ minis is going to suck but i am planning on it in the next 6 months. I need to see if i saved enough boxes i just throw them in giant shopping bags and then in a closet, but they do take up quite a bit of space ](*,)
John :freddy3:

Mystery Mini Collection - 411 total

Full Sets - Walking Dead Series 1-4 , Fallout & Fallout 4, Blizzard HOTS, Arkham Games, Disney Frozen, Game of Thrones Series 1-3, Game of Thrones In Memoriam, Horror Classics Series 1-3, Sci-Fi Series 1-2, Best of Bethesda, League of Legends, Gears of War, World of Warcraft (Why though?)
In Progress - Lord of the Rings

Return to “Blind Bags”