How do you mail your minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Jimsta2

How do you mail your minis

Postby Jimsta2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:30 pm

I am new to the Mini's game and doing my first trade. Its one Mini and was wondering whats the best way to ship it off.

squidward

Re: How do you mail your minis

Postby squidward » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I've done it two ways but both use USPS First Class Package which is the cheapest shipping method. Usually costs $2.60.

Bubble wrap the item into a bubble ball and put that into a bubble mailer.

Bubble wrap the item into a bubble ball and put that into a small cardboard box.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 pm

bubble wrap inside of a bubble mailer is standard. If you wanna go above and beyond you can bubble wrap the mini and put it in a box with packing peanuts or even more bubble wrap. Just make sure that the mini cant rub its paint on anything inside the shipping box/envelope.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:17 pm

That all pretty much covers it!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:18 pm

My first suggestion is to wrap each mini in the black bag that they're packaged with. It adds a layer of protection against scratches and smudges, especially if you're trading multiples. And then I usually wrap them in a layer of bubble wrap.

For the shipping container, I like to use boxes just to make sure that nothing else scratches or damages the mini in transit. You should still be able to use First Class mail (usually about $2.60, as squidward noted above), even with a box and bubble wrap/packing peanuts.

I just did a trade where the mini I sent was somehow lost in the USPS system for almost two weeks before getting delivered today. I'm super glad I used a box in that situation because I don't know how a bubble mailer would have fared during that time.

But all that being said, a lot of my trade partners have used bubble mailers and all of the minis they've sent have arrived perfectly!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 pm

You can get 100 count baseball card boxes and the mini, in its box, will fit perfectly. If I have the box.

I put the mini in the box with some paper towels so it doesn't bounce around, put that in the card box. You can also bubble wrap and bubble mailer. I still prefer the box.
Funklub: 11181

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:56 pm

You can't just put a mini in a legal size Manilla envelope?
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:You can't just put a mini in a legal size Manilla envelope?

lol lol lol lol

Glad you didn't do that for the ones who sent to me!!

:D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks for this post - I just sold a mini, and changed how I was mailing it thanks to the advice I read here! Not that I'd had a problem previously, but better safe than refunding $!
Image ImageImage Image

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 am

I'd put a mini in a plastic bag and ship it off in a envelope. Thankfully, the figures are durable.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am

I usually just heat the mini with a lighter and melt it into a puddle and let that harden. Then I just stick it in a regular envelope with a couple stamps and call it good lol But like others have said when I ship minis I bubble wrap them and put them in a bubble mailer or if it's a bigger mini (Destiny the Whale from Finding Dory size) bubble wrap and a small box work perfectly.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Squird wrote:You can get 100 count baseball card boxes and the mini, in its box, will fit perfectly. If I have the box.

I put the mini in the box with some paper towels so it doesn't bounce around, put that in the card box. You can also bubble wrap and bubble mailer. I still prefer the box.

So much this. I really prefer the box. You never know what kind of mailbox someone has, and if it is one of those littler shared ones at an apartment, it just gets jammed in if its in a bubble mailer. Boxes make it to the door or package pickup.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 pm

I find it depends on the mini. For more "delicate" ones (like ones that have appendages, swords, bits that stick out and could snap or become weirdly bent) then I use a box. For smaller, more compact ones (like the Princess minis style) without things that can snap off, I use the black bag, some bubble wrap, and a padded mailer.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Return to “Blind Bags”