Anyone else for a muppets or muppet babies line

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
chezpopp

Anyone else for a muppets or muppet babies line

Postby chezpopp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 pm

I would love to see more muppets and muppet babies and feel like they would do well as Minis. Any one else have feelings.

Fawny

Re: Anyone else for a muppets or muppet babies line

Postby Fawny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Waits patiently for Quazimoto's response

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet. There's so many characters that they could do.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

justjonnoh

Postby justjonnoh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:58 pm

They could make it a Jim Henson Mystery Series and include Muppets, Muppet Babies, Fraggles, and Sesame Street characters

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Yeah, been very surprised we haven't seen these yet.

Surprised and disappointed.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 pm

I will literally buy any Muppets they put out. Literally (well, as long as I can afford them - looking at you metallic Muppet variants - scowling at you for being beyond my budget capabilities).

That said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a Muppets Mystery Mini or Pint Size Heroes line. I recall seeing some PSH head concepts not too long ago, so maybe they'll be a surprise coming this year.

My ultimate dream would be a Fraggle Rock Mystery Mini set, but I doubt that would ever happen. Lots of new molds that would need to be made and I'm not sure it's a popular enough franchise to warrant the expense. Muppets sure, those are a strong possibility and I really hope they happen some day. Way too many awesome character missing from the current Muppet Pop!s line. Heck, they could make a full 24 figure PSH Muppets set and not have any duplicates.

chezpopp

Postby chezpopp » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:17 pm

I'd be down for fraggle rock

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:42 pm

I want more Muppet characters and then I immediately want them flocked.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Add Pepe and Rizzo, and I'm on board.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Muppet Mystery Minis would be insane!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

Statler and Waldorf 2 pack

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:17 pm

I love the idea of Muppets and Muppet babies, but I'd be all over some Fraggles minis.
Just a small town girl...

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:42 pm

I'd love to see some classic Muppets get the Mystery Mini treatment. I missed out on the PoPs for Muppets and the minimate figures as well. Mystery Minis would be a great way to atone for that.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 pm

i would totally buy anything muppets as well. I am so close to finishing off the Muppets pops and I would love more of those too. Mystery minis or pint sized heroes would both be fantastic. I would love a Statler and Waldorf 2 pack, as well as a Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker 2 pack. I would be down for a Jim Hensen set of minis too - bring on the Fraggles and Doozers! Also, Rygel and Pilot from Farscape could be included then too, as well as some Dark Crystal and Labyrinth creatures!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Muppets I feel definitely by their nature lend themselves to being a great MM line! Hope it happens!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 pm

muppet babies would so adorable!!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

tvandcoffee

Postby tvandcoffee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm

those would be fun

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:00 pm

I'd totally be down for any/all Henson Minis. If they could find a way to get things like Animals drum kit, Gonzos canon and other such items, I'd be over the moon. Hey, we got 2 motorcycles for Daryl in TWD 3 & 4 so why not?

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 am

This topic needs to be brought up constantly until it happens.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 am

I'd love to see a line of Muppet babies, and definitely Sesame Street. And oh gosh, if some of the Sesame Street minis were flocked, like a couple exclusives have been, I'd buy them all.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Flocked Sesame Street minis would be awesome. I'd have to buy some to accompany my almost complete pop set.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Oh Hell yeah, really anything Jim Henson, especially "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" POP!s.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm for Muppets MMs.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Muppet babies were one of my faves...we'd need Nannies legs to be part of the set lol

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:04 pm

I'd love them! I'm sad I missed out on the Muppet POP's, especially Kermit because I love him.
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:44 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:Muppet babies were one of my faves...we'd need Nannies legs to be part of the set lol

Those legs would be amazing. Id be all over some Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock PSH. Maybe MM in the style of the new Disney sets.
Dorian Arloe

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Arloe8 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Muppet babies were one of my faves...we'd need Nannies legs to be part of the set lol

Those legs would be amazing. Id be all over some Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock PSH. Maybe MM in the style of the new Disney sets.

No lie... I might actually have a heart attack if Funko Fraggle Rock anything ever happened. Always has been and always will be my all time favorite TV show.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
Arloe8 wrote:

No lie... I might actually have a heart attack if Funko Fraggle Rock anything ever happened. Always has been and always will be my all time favorite TV show.

I heard rumors they might be bringing Fraggle Rock back...I would love that. They had the best songs

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
Arloe8 wrote:

"Fraggle Rock" was an awesome show, I actually just watched a few episodes on HBO the other day.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
Arloe8 wrote:Those legs would be amazing. Id be all over some Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock PSH. Maybe MM in the style of the new Disney sets.

I heard rumors they might be bringing Fraggle Rock back...I would love that. They had the best songs

They sort of did. HBO has been airing the series after spending some moolah re-mastering it specifically for HDTVs and such. Was some talk of doing a new series, but that seems to have died out. And some a lot of talk about a movie, but that's been nothing but talk for about fifteen years now, so... Personally, I'm in the leave it as it is camp. The original series was perfect IMO. No need to reboot or return.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

They sort of did. HBO has been airing the series after spending some moolah re-mastering it specifically for HDTVs and such. Was some talk of doing a new series, but that seems to have died out. And some a lot of talk about a movie, but that's been nothing but talk for about fifteen years now, so... Personally, I'm in the leave it as it is camp. The original series was perfect IMO. No need to reboot or return.

Yeah as much as I liked it I would be inclined to leave it alone, though part of me is curious as to how a reboot would have looked...one of my favorite things to watch in the 80's because I didn't have cable and would only get to see it on either VHS or at certain friend's houses. Back on topic I'd also love to see what Funko would do with the characters...mini doozers??? \:D/

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:I heard rumors they might be bringing Fraggle Rock back...I would love that. They had the best songs

Yeah as much as I liked it I would be inclined to leave it alone, though part of me is curious as to how a reboot would have looked...one of my favorite things to watch in the 80's because I didn't have cable and would only get to see it on either VHS or at certain friend's houses. Back on topic I'd also love to see what Funko would do with the characters...mini doozers??? \:D/

For what it's worth... There was a script written for a Fraggle Rock movie that never got full approval and was re-written to eventually become the (awful) Smurfs movie from a few years back. Knowing that, I thank our lucky stars they didn't go forward with that as a Fraggle Rock film.

I actually think Fraggle Rock would translate really well to the style of Pint Size Heroes. I'm sure Funko would do well with any line they're make Fraggles for, but IMO, PSHs would not only translate well, but offer the ability to make a wide range of characters without the extra production costs of distinctive sculpts and molds for a bunch of very different looking characters. Same goes for The Muppets as PSHs.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Now I want an army of Pint Size Doozers.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

Reboots can breathe New Life in brands sometimes forgotten. And they tend to lead to tons of merchandise lol
Last edited by Arloe8 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian Arloe

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Quazimoto wrote:I actually think Fraggle Rock would translate really well to the style of Pint Size Heroes. I'm sure Funko would do well with any line they're make Fraggles for, but IMO, PSHs would not only translate well, but offer the ability to make a wide range of characters without the extra production costs of distinctive sculpts and molds for a bunch of very different looking characters. Same goes for The Muppets as PSHs.

I'm still getting used to the pint size format...certain series look better than others, but I'm still sure where they fit in display wise...I have a few on my desk now that never stand right, etc, but I'd be happy to see them in any format. I never saw any Fraggle stuff aside from plush back in the day.

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 am

Quazimoto wrote:
I actually think Fraggle Rock would translate really well to the style of Pint Size Heroes. I'm sure Funko would do well with any line they're make Fraggles for, but IMO, PSHs would not only translate well, but offer the ability to make a wide range of characters without the extra production costs of distinctive sculpts and molds for a bunch of very different looking characters. Same goes for The Muppets as PSHs.

This is why I like PSH...they allow all the characters to be featured and don't take up too much space. I would hate for them to cut characters for the MM line. I'd be happy with some Dorbz and ridez as well but that's another thread.
Dorian Arloe

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:36 am

Arloe8 wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

This is why I like PSH...they allow all the characters to be featured and don't take up too much space. I would hate for them to cut characters for the MM line. I'd be happy with some Dorbz and ridez as well but that's another thread.

I'm a huge fan pf PSH as well. Not so much the blind bag aspect or the seemingly massive amount of store exclusives with each set, but I love that they're small, colorful, and relatively cheap. I plan on living in a tiny house one day, so PSH are great for me as they allow one to feature a wide array of characters in a small amount of space. Plus, a greater chance of getting a big assortment of characters in one series. Heck, I could easily think of a full 24 PSH set for both Fraggle Rock and The Muppets right off the top of my head.

brooklyn_geek wrote:I'm still getting used to the pint size format...certain series look better than others, but I'm still sure where they fit in display wise...I have a few on my desk now that never stand right, etc, but I'd be happy to see them in any format. I never saw any Fraggle stuff aside from plush back in the day.

I plan on using a Michaels Baseball bat display case with custom built risers for my PSH collection. That's an eventual goal. Going to be moving sometime in the nearish future, so I'm waiting until that happens.

Not to derail the thread too much, but Fraggle Rock actually did get a good amount of merchandise back in the day. Not huge, but pretty good for a show broadcast on HBO in the mid to late 80s. Trouble was that it wasn't very widely distributed, so a lot of it is fairly rare these days. Was much more popular in European countries than here in North American. My favorite of them being these mini vinyl figures...

Took me about eleven years to track down all of them and I sold off a lot of my other collections to do so.

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:50 am

That picture makes me want Funko Fraggle Rock that much more. This is one of those properties that probably translates really well in the Funko style. FR turns 35 next year and MB the following year...I smell anniversary merchandise.
Dorian Arloe

post31

Postby post31 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 am

Muppet Babies mystery minis big yes please.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Return to “Blind Bags”