Mystery Minis Display

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
edlopez0416

Mystery Minis Display

Postby edlopez0416 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello all I recently started collecting Mystery Minis and I am having trouble finding a way to display them. I was wondering if anyone would like to share the way they display theirs. I went a little crazy over the holidays buying anf many people also gave them to me as gifst and now i have no idea how to display lol I appreciate everyone's help.
Hello my name is: Eduardo

POPS:1,027
DORBZ:200
MYSTERY MINIS: 450

opopssum

Re: Mystery Minis Display

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

I borrowed this ideal from babakittysdada (and others) of getting these "Multi-Level Display Box" from the container store

I have this display case on a book shelf, before I had this I just had them put where every they would stand on my pyramid of dorbz. I really love these cases I only have one for my HP set but I want to get a few more for other sets
- tauntaunking on instagram

edlopez0416

Postby edlopez0416 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

opopssum wrote:I borrowed this ideal from babakittysdada (and others) of getting these "Multi-Level Display Box" from the container store

I have this display case on a book shelf, before I had this I just had them put where every they would stand on my pyramid of dorbz. I really love these cases I only have one for my HP set but I want to get a few more for other sets

Thanks I have never seen these display boxes before I will probably go out to my local container store and check them out. Right now i just have them in random places and was looking for ideas on how to place them all together

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:01 pm

I ment to post a pic

her it is with out the plastic cover on it

it has lil stairs you can stack in different ways

this is the stock image

- tauntaunking on instagram

edlopez0416

Postby edlopez0416 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Those look great thanks for the pics. I'm gonna have to go check them out!!!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:33 pm

People also use shot glass display cases, regularly sold at Michael's
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Shot glass cases for the win IMO. Far better organized, cleaner presentation since it doesn't allow for clutter with them overlapping/jammed into too small a space and the cases are wall mountable!

Just added a 4th and reorganized over the weekend:

For the wider minis I use one the curio cases for baseballs. Works pretty well, most fit between the two.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I really like the way the shot glass cases look. I plan on doing that at some point. Mine right now are all kind of just laying in a pile on a shelf, I got tired of standing them back up every time the shelf got bumped.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm

I have mines in a baseball display. You can pick them up at Michaels when theyre on sale for like $30. It fits a lot of Minis and it looks great.
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 am

opopssum wrote:I borrowed this ideal from babakittysdada (and others) of getting these "Multi-Level Display Box" from the container store

They are so good! Not too small so it fits a lot, but not too big so it doesnt fit on anything.

I ended up making a few custom display stands using styrofoam too. They dont look super professional, but you can put a lot of minis on at once! :)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 am

We put ours in a baseball bat display case from Michael's. We use their coupon of course for a good price

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:27 pm

I ended up just making my own custom cases, sort of like the shot glass case, with a slide-open front. They are sized for the boxes so that I can put one of them into the display and everything else fits perfectly. I do two sizes, one for Funkos and one for Titans.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Cephus wrote:I ended up just making my own custom cases, sort of like the shot glass case, with a slide-open front. They are sized for the boxes so that I can put one of them into the display and everything else fits perfectly. I do two sizes, one for Funkos and one for Titans.

Do you have any pictures to share? I've been curious to attempt something but lack the proper tools to do it right. Bugs me that I can not find a clean looking pre-built display that could house Mystery Minis uniformly. I would so much rather have 4 of the same size display cases than the 2 of one and 2 of another I have now.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:43 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Cephus wrote:I ended up just making my own custom cases, sort of like the shot glass case, with a slide-open front. They are sized for the boxes so that I can put one of them into the display and everything else fits perfectly. I do two sizes, one for Funkos and one for Titans.

Do you have any pictures to share? I've been curious to attempt something but lack the proper tools to do it right. Bugs me that I can not find a clean looking pre-built display that could house Mystery Minis uniformly. I would so much rather have 4 of the same size display cases than the 2 of one and 2 of another I have now.

I second this if you have pics to share! Thats cool you sized them for the boxes!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

athena

Postby athena » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Shot glass cases for the win IMO. Far better organized, cleaner presentation since it doesn't allow for clutter with them overlapping/jammed into too small a space and the cases are wall mountable!

Just added a 4th and reorganized over the weekend:

For the wider minis I use one the curio cases for baseballs. Works pretty well, most fit between the two.

damn. I'm loving you're set up. So clean and crisp. Where did you get these cases?
Funko Bae [IG @funkobae]

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:46 pm

athena wrote:damn. I'm loving you're set up. So clean and crisp. Where did you get these cases?

Thanks! Shot glass & "Collector's Box" display cases from Michaels. They come black, I spray painted them white to match the rest of my shelving.

http://www.michaels.com/10147365.html (both are BOGO right now)
http://www.michaels.com/10117521.html

The shot glass cases fit most minis pretty well and the collector cases fit the rest of the oversized ones. Always keeping an eye out for a one-size fits all solution for my minis but have not found anything yet...

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:04 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

I'm in the middle of building a new one, here's a picture of the basic framework to give you some idea.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJUbq3Aapl/?taken-by=cephus404

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

I use nail polish racks to wall mount my minis, and coin display cases from Michaels for the pint size heroes.

It works pretty well for the most part, however there are some minis that don't fit in the base of the polish cases. Here's an old picture (I have since rearranged my minis a bit across 4 of these wall hangers, and completed some sets).

AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Basic: container store display for $10
Super Basic: Daiso displays for $4.
Advanced: Michael's Keepsake Display $30
WTB: Luffy color proto

King Midas

Postby King Midas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm

PopDaddy wrote:Basic: container store display for $10
Super Basic: Daiso displays for $4.
Advanced: Michael's Keepsake Display $30

Actually Michael's Keepsake displays are buy one get one free right now. Not sure which one you are referring to at $30 or maybe Michaels just doubled the prices and said buy 1 get one free lol

Return to “Blind Bags”