Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby Geescube » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Pulled another Selkie today :-) Keeping this one and hopefully will be able to shift the mended one to help pay for the habit :D

That one is like the only one I cannot find and refuse to look for because its too close to others weight. Congrats. I should probably get on trading for him before its impossiblay.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:47 pm

So here's my promise to this site as a way to pay back the community a little bit for helping me out so much. If I do happen across another Buckbeak (a huge "if" since I've pretty much run out of HTs nearby, but hey, I'm not going to stop looking), I will sell it to the first person here who wants him for half-price, $75.

And, yes, it's not as much of a gesture as it would be if I sold him at cost, but I've got S1 exclusives to find and nobody is going to give me a break on them, I'm sure :D

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Geescube wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Pulled another Selkie today :-) Keeping this one and hopefully will be able to shift the mended one to help pay for the habit :D

That one is like the only one I cannot find and refuse to look for because its too close to others weight. Congrats. I should probably get on trading for him before its impossiblay.
It's pending right now on Facebook, but if it falls through and depending on what you have in trade, I might be open to offers :)

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 pm

BTW, does anyone know how much Bella weighs?

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm

highlanderfil wrote:So here's my promise to this site as a way to pay back the community a little bit for helping me out so much. If I do happen across another Buckbeak (a huge "if" since I've pretty much run out of HTs nearby, but hey, I'm not going to stop looking), I will sell it to the first person here who wants him for half-price, $75.

And, yes, it's not as much of a gesture as it would be if I sold him at cost, but I've got S1 exclusives to find and nobody is going to give me a break on them, I'm sure :D

if you were to find one and sell it at ppg it would be a kind gesture at this point the only two for sale right now are on ebay and are going to make one Australian a very marry xmass

What S1 are you looking for my comic shop has had an un touched case for a few months now I can try to pull something, I dont believe they shuffle cases

Im kind of hoping they do a buckbeak pop soon just so I can have /a/ buckbeak for my collection he is just so dang cute
- tauntaunking on instagram

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 pm

opopssum wrote:if you were to find one and sell it at ppg it would be a kind gesture at this point the only two for sale right now are on ebay and are going to make one Australian a very marry xmass

What S1 are you looking for my comic shop has had an un touched case for a few months now I can try to pull something, I dont believe they shuffle cases

Im kind of hoping they do a buckbeak pop soon just so I can have /a/ buckbeak for my collection he is just so dang cute
"Ppg"? Some terminology I'm unfamiliar with?

I need all the S1 exclusives, which I'm guessing your comic shop won't have... We've got all the commons.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 am

opopssum wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:So here's my promise to this site as a way to pay back the community a little bit for helping me out so much. If I do happen across another Buckbeak (a huge "if" since I've pretty much run out of HTs nearby, but hey, I'm not going to stop looking), I will sell it to the first person here who wants him for half-price, $75.

if you were to find one and sell it at ppg it would be a kind gesture at this point the only two for sale right now are on ebay and are going to make one Australian a very marry xmass

After I saw this, I had to go over to ebay to see what Buckbeak was going for - HOLY Hippogriff! I kinda want to watch them to see what they end up going for, but at the same time, I'm a bit horrified.
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:57 am

highlanderfil wrote:
opopssum wrote:if you were to find one and sell it at ppg it would be a kind gesture at this point the only two for sale right now are on ebay and are going to make one Australian a very marry xmass

"Ppg"? Some terminology I'm unfamiliar with?

I need all the S1 exclusives, which I'm guessing your comic shop won't have... We've got all the commons.

PPG is PopPriceGuide https://www.poppriceguide.com/ it gathers ebay sales data to give an estimated worth for Pops (and minis, dorbz, etc).

And I'll keep 75$ ready for if you get super lucky lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Oh, duh :-) that’s where I got the valuation (well, that and eBay), just didn’t put the abbreviation together with the full name. Looks like no SE MI HT have any more (that I haven’t weighed or bought) left. Likewise the B&Ns, which basically means I’m SOL on Trevor or more Arnolds unless we order online. Don’t feel like going to Flint, heh. But maybe if I travel somewhere else...

Just got a box of four from Walmart.com and there’s a 57.9 g in there. If I knew what Bella weighed, might open it, otherwise wary of getting yet another Lupin.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Opened it, got Luna :-) ah well, she’s my favorite character and now she can come live at my office :-)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:51 am

highlanderfil wrote:Opened it, got Luna :-) ah well, she’s my favorite character and now she can come live at my office :-)

Sorry I was late to replying for you, but my Bella was 65.8. Unfortunately she's close to Snape, but if you find a fresh box she should be in the middle row somewhere.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:26 pm

kihou wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Opened it, got Luna :-) ah well, she’s my favorite character and now she can come live at my office :-)

Sorry I was late to replying for you, but my Bella was 65.8. Unfortunately she's close to Snape, but if you find a fresh box she should be in the middle row somewhere.
We did get another Bella, but in slightly comical fashion. I packed her up as a white elephant gift for the office thinking she was Snape (very similar weights) and all I could do was laugh when a coworker opened the box. He did, however, agree to part ways with her when I asked. He turned down my offer of another box or a bottle of red wine, but he's going to get one of the two all the same when I pick her up on Tuesday :D

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
kihou wrote:

We did get another Bella, but in slightly comical fashion. I packed her up as a white elephant gift for the office thinking she was Snape (very similar weights) and all I could do was laugh when a coworker opened the box. He did, however, agree to part ways with her when I asked. He turned down my offer of another box or a bottle of red wine, but he's going to get one of the two all the same when I pick her up on Tuesday :D

LOL that's awesome, glad he is willing to trade you back :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 am

I wonder if HT and BN will get any more restocks :(

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am

Chaister87 wrote:I wonder if HT and BN will get any more restocks :(
HTs in my area aren't anticipating them. B&Ns are spotty - some of them still have dozens of boxes, so I am not sure they will be reordering. I've started ordering them online at B&N, weighing and returning ones that don't measure up. The problem is that when I'm chasing just one figure (Trevor), it becomes needle in a haystack. I did get another Arnold this way, though...

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm

I hope my local hot topic restocks, I need buckbeak
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I hope my local hot topic restocks, I need buckbeak
So, a bit of a PSA: Hot Topics issued a nationwide directive last Saturday that forbids people from bringing scales into the store and mystery boxes are now not returnable. Was just told this by an employee at a Howell, MI Hot Topic. Dumb move if you ask me, but, then again, I have a vested interest so I'm just a wee bit biased.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 am

The stores by me have all changed over to be "final sale" on all blind bags and boxes, even if they are unopened, but they still let me scale so I'm okay with it.
ISO Mystery Minis!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 am

highlanderfil wrote:
So, a bit of a PSA: Hot Topics issued a nationwide directive last Saturday that forbids people from bringing scales into the store and mystery boxes are now not returnable. Was just told this by an employee at a Howell, MI Hot Topic. Dumb move if you ask me, but, then again, I have a vested interest so I'm just a wee bit biased.

Oh wow I haven't heard of that yet, as more minis come out from funko and hot topic starts carring more blind boxes from other companies and scaling becoming a not so well kept secret I can see where this would come from tho. I dont scale cuz I like to just throw away my money but this will definitely throw a wrench in to the way many collectors collect.

I wonder if other stores will follow or how long it will take other stores

:(

also I am team HTs please restock I need buckbeak
- tauntaunking on instagram

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am

HT isn't getting another cent of my money - not blindly, anyways. If they choose to enforce this policy everywhere, I'll just forego their exclusives or buy them on eBay outright once I've saved enough money from NOT wasting it on whatever the next version of Sorted Hat Harry will be.

The ironic thing is that it was at this very store (Howell, MI) that my wife and I pulled George and Buckbeak two weeks ago and the employees couldn't have been happier for us. Scales in plain sight, ripped the boxes open right there at the registers, squeals of delight, all that jazz. They loved it.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 am

highlanderfil wrote:HT isn't getting another cent of my money - not blindly, anyways. If they choose to enforce this policy everywhere, I'll just forego their exclusives or buy them on eBay outright once I've saved enough money from NOT wasting it on whatever the next version of Sorted Hat Harry will be.

The ironic thing is that it was at this very store (Howell, MI) that my wife and I pulled George and Buckbeak two weeks ago and the employees couldn't have been happier for us. Scales in plain sight, ripped the boxes open right there at the registers, squeals of delight, all that jazz. They loved it.

Unfortunately for the latest releases, going to ebay isn't an option since there are so very few up and they go for hundreds :( At least with the hat kids, they are heavy so a little bit easier to try and pick out the lighter ones even without a scale. With future lines we might not be that lucky though.

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 am

highlanderfil wrote:HT isn't getting another cent of my money - not blindly, anyways. If they choose to enforce this policy everywhere, I'll just forego their exclusives or buy them on eBay outright once I've saved enough money from NOT wasting it on whatever the next version of Sorted Hat Harry will be.

What policy?
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 am

bakivali wrote:Unfortunately for the latest releases, going to ebay isn't an option since there are so very few up and they go for hundreds :( At least with the hat kids, they are heavy so a little bit easier to try and pick out the lighter ones even without a scale. With future lines we might not be that lucky though.
It's an option once you consider the alternative. If I hadn't discovered this site, I wouldn't know about the weights at all, so it would have been a moot point. Even if you assume an even distribution getting a hatted Ron or Harry is 12 times more likely to happen than Buckbeak. Multiply that by the almost-10 bucks HT's boxes cost after taxes and all of a sudden paying $100+ for him doesn't sound so crazy, since the 1/6s are pretty much worthless in resale.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 am

FunkoMeansFun wrote:

What policy?

I was informed today that they will no longer allow scales or returns of unopened boxes. The latter part has been posted at other stores (though somehow not this one), but the no-scale rule is a new one to me.

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 am

highlanderfil wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:I wonder if HT and BN will get any more restocks :(
HTs in my area aren't anticipating them. B&Ns are spotty - some of them still have dozens of boxes, so I am not sure they will be reordering. I've started ordering them online at B&N, weighing and returning ones that don't measure up. The problem is that when I'm chasing just one figure (Trevor), it becomes needle in a haystack. I did get another Arnold this way, though...

I think you can only order 2 at a time from Barnes online right? I was lucky to find a trade for Trevor, but still missing Buckbeak to complete my collection :(

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 am

highlanderfil wrote:
FunkoMeansFun wrote:

What policy?

I was informed today that they will no longer allow scales or returns of unopened boxes. The latter part has been posted at other stores (though somehow not this one), but the no-scale rule is a new one to me.

Really hoping this is one of those 'enforced at the discretion of the store' situations. Have heard rumors about this kind of thing before, but have never had a problem at my local stores (yet!, fingers crossed!) - simmilar to above with the employees just as excited as I am, and very entertained by the whole process!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 am

Chaister87 wrote:I think you can only order 2 at a time from Barnes online right? I was lucky to find a trade for Trevor, but still missing Buckbeak to complete my collection :(
Yeah, but nothing (apart from it being a pain in the tokhes) is preventing you from making multiple orders.
Last edited by highlanderfil on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 am

Katers wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:
FunkoMeansFun wrote:
What policy?

Really hoping this is one of those 'enforced at the discretion of the store' situations. Have heard rumors about this kind of thing before, but have never had a problem at my local stores (yet!, fingers crossed!) - simmilar to above with the employees just as excited as I am, and very entertained by the whole process!
My local store (Ann Arbor, MI) just informed me I'm free to weigh whatever I want as long as I'm not damaging the boxes. Too bad they don't have any more HP stuff. And now I'm really curious about this supposed "nationwide memo".

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Geescube wrote:

Had this same thought I do not even both as it is way to close. B&N a little easier that that the two are super light.

Does anybody know how B&N is with buying these online and returning to store?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Geescube wrote:

Had this same thought I do not even both as it is way to close. B&N a little easier that that the two are super light.

Does anybody know how B&N is with buying these online and returning to store?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm

highlanderfil wrote:I called the manager of that store. First of all, turns out that that little s*** yesterday was also a manager. He feigned ignorance and claimed that a misunderstanding took place: he said that he thought that we wanted to open the boxes, then weigh them. Complete BS - that’s not at all how this went down. Lamest excuse for a power trip I’ve ever heard. Scalers are still free to do our thing and I will be reporting this dumbass to corporate.

Well thats good not that that stuff is full proof but it helps. What really hurts is how HT usually gets in like one case and may have like one restock.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Does anybody know how B&N is with buying these online and returning to store?

B and N is fine with returns as long as sealed and brought back before 14 days of receiving.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Does anybody know how B&N is with buying these online and returning to store?

B and N is fine with returns as long as sealed and brought back before 14 days of receiving.

Thanks come on Pygmy and Arnold lol

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Geescube wrote:

Yep, I just returned six this way.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Pygmy IS Arnold ;-)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Pygmy IS Arnold ;-)

Wooooooops I meant Trevor hahahahahaha

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Pygmy IS Arnold ;-)

Wooooooops I meant Trevor hahahahahaha

Trevah!!

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:49 am

opopssum wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:

Oh wow I haven't heard of that yet, as more minis come out from funko and hot topic starts carring more blind boxes from other companies and scaling becoming a not so well kept secret I can see where this would come from tho. I dont scale cuz I like to just throw away my money but this will definitely throw a wrench in to the way many collectors collect.

I wonder if other stores will follow or how long it will take other stores

:(

also I am team HTs please restock I need buckbeak

Yea I normally get the whole box i wouldnt want to risk missing buckbeak lol
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Local B&N won't restock them anymore, they've said. So now all I have to go on are online orders which are a PITA because I can't order more than two at a time. Eight coming today or tomorrow - at least they're easy enough to return. And I got a new scale :-)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:54 am

I was able to have a Hot Topic store associate help me today with ordering some online from their computer. She put 12 in, not sure if they will actually ship out and if they do, if they will be able to get a case, but we'll see! At this point I'm trying anything I can to get that darned Buckbeak lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”