Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
highlanderfil

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

So, I have a $10 off $30 coupon for Hot Topic and they are running a buy2get1 deal, which means that, at $8.90/per, I can pay for 4 and get 6 for about $25. Uggghhh, I should not be doing this...

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Quick question, folks...how do you tell the letter of the box? Couldn't find the answer in the 11 pages of this thread...

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Quick question, folks...how do you tell the letter of the box? Couldn't find the answer in the 11 pages of this thread...

You must be to the store BEFORE they open up the cardboard shipper and place the PDQ on the floor. The box letter is indicated on the outer cardboard shipping box. Its not often that you can get to a store before the PDQ is already out on the floor though.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Geescube wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Quick question, folks...how do you tell the letter of the box? Couldn't find the answer in the 11 pages of this thread...

You must be to the store BEFORE they open up the cardboard shipper and place the PDQ on the floor. The box letter is indicated on the outer cardboard shipping box. Its not often that you can get to a store before the PDQ is already out on the floor though.
Cheers, appreciate it. Looks like that's the one piece of info I won't have.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:22 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Cheers, appreciate it. Looks like that's the one piece of info I won't have.

Never know. Sometimes you can catch em, but mostly no.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Treasuredgirl wrote:My HT ran out of cases before I could get one so I opted buying 12 off the site in hopes of getting a case but did not. I ended up with mostly Buckbeaks and no exclusives at all. I even tried buying from B&N but still nothing. Am disappointed in the amount of commons out of this set. I love Hp and have the complete first set and all the pops, but am just put out in trying any more for this one.

Dang congrats To many buckbeaks is a problem I wish I had I kick my self for not paying 80$ for him when there were any to find on eBay. I really hope they do a massive restock or buckbeak may just be a lost cause. The 1/72s wreck me
- tauntaunking on instagram

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Treasuredgirl wrote:My HT ran out of cases before I could get one so I opted buying 12 off the site in hopes of getting a case but did not. I ended up with mostly Buckbeaks and no exclusives at all. I even tried buying from B&N but still nothing. Am disappointed in the amount of commons out of this set. I love Hp and have the complete first set and all the pops, but am just put out in trying any more for this one.

pics or it didnt happen. lol

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm

The other two Hot Topic ones: 63g Sirius (yay) and 47g Thestral (welp, I guess we have a herd now).

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:18 pm

highlanderfil wrote:The other two Hot Topic ones: 63g Sirius (yay) and 47g Thestral (welp, I guess we have a herd now).

I have a herd too lol I actually of want to get one more so every member of Dumbledore's army has one :D The Thestral is such an amazing sculpt and they all have no problems standing which for an HP mini is a gift lol

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Box D! Pixie (36g) and Neville (54.2g)! Wheeee! Going to go back in to see if the heavy horntail is there, as well.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 am

Treasuredgirl wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Errrr -- Buckbeak is the exclusive that everyone wants, so if you ended up with a ton of those then you should be excited. You can easily trade for other exclusives.

Umm...Woooo for Buckbeak?..lol Time to put them all up on Evilbay for triple the amount.
In all honesty I forced them on anyone that took more than a minute to think about if they wanted him or not. I was the Oprah of Buckbeaks! You get a Buckbeak and you get a Buckbeak! You all get Buckbeaks!!

:0 that's amazing. Congrats on such luck! If you find any others I'd be happy to trade for others you may be missing :D
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 am

Treasuredgirl wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Errrr -- Buckbeak is the exclusive that everyone wants, so if you ended up with a ton of those then you should be excited. You can easily trade for other exclusives.

Umm...Woooo for Buckbeak?..lol Time to put them all up on Evilbay for triple the amount.
In all honesty I forced them on anyone that took more than a minute to think about if they wanted him or not. I was the Oprah of Buckbeaks! You get a Buckbeak and you get a Buckbeak! You all get Buckbeaks!!

I'm trying to decide if I feel like I stumbled upon a comedy story, or a horror story...! Mulitiple buckbeaks, and forcing them on people. You were living the dream!

So now we all know, we just need to order singles online, and the Buckbeaks will come to us, right? HA! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 am

Anyone need a Pixie? Pulled an extra one the other day :-)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Katers wrote:
Treasuredgirl wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

I'm trying to decide if I feel like I stumbled upon a comedy story, or a horror story...! Mulitiple buckbeaks, and forcing them on people. You were living the dream!

So now we all know, we just need to order singles online, and the Buckbeaks will come to us, right? HA! ](*,)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an online alert for if they ever come back in stock at Hot Topic lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
Treasuredgirl wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an online alert for if they ever come back in stock at Hot Topic lol

Stalking? Us? Never!....oh, wait, is that what this is called? LOL! I've made friends with the HT people at my local store. If I get lucky, they'll let me know when the minis come in!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

You can't make this up. Went into a Toys 'R Us in Lawndale, CA yesterday. No scale (although how I bought one at K-Mart to verify two boxes purchased an hour prior only to return those two - likely a hatter and Thestral - and pick up what I thought was Arnold and turned out to be a Pixie, was frantic stuff of legend). Thought I'd at least hand-weigh some to see if I can find a Selkie. Found a box someone else had opened and left alone. The black bag was unopened, so I felt around the silhouette and immediately went to buy it. Walked out of the store with Bella a minute later. Still need that Selkie, but one away from the common set now.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Stalking? Us? Never!....oh, wait, is that what this is called? LOL! I've made friends with the HT people at my local store. If I get lucky, they'll let me know when the minis come in!

Same here lol They have my number/Facebook if a case A appears.
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:16 am

highlanderfil wrote:You can't make this up. Went into a Toys 'R Us in Lawndale, CA yesterday. No scale (although how I bought one at K-Mart to verify two boxes purchased an hour prior only to return those two - likely a hatter and Thestral - and pick up what I thought was Arnold and turned out to be a Pixie, was frantic stuff of legend). Thought I'd at least hand-weigh some to see if I can find a Selkie. Found a box someone else had opened and left alone. The black bag was unopened, so I felt around the silhouette and immediately went to buy it. Walked out of the store with Bella a minute later. Still need that Selkie, but one away from the common set now.

Good Karma to you for still purchasing. I know plenty that would have just pocketed it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

hailmary25 wrote:Good Karma to you for still purchasing. I know plenty that would have just pocketed it.
Yeah, shoplifting isn't really a word in my dictionary.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Went to HT in Livonia, MI again. Got two boxes - a 77 gram one contained, predictably, a Horntail, of which we have one already, but I wasn't going to waste a BOGO50%OFF, but a 56-gram one had the 1/36 twin, so we ended up pretty pleased :-) Just need Bucky and the other twin from HT now.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:20 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one with an online alert for if they ever come back in stock at Hot Topic lol

Same here lol They have my number/Facebook if a case A appears.

See....this! I've tried to explain to my non-Funko friends that this is perfectly normal behavior...but they just shake their heads! They still go on hunts with me though, so that's something!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Found a Selkie at Meijer (73.6 grams). Unfortunately, I didn’t realize how fragile she was and tossed it up a flight of stairs to my wife...and her head fell off :-( pretty sure we can superglue her back together, though

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Completed the HT set! George (55.3 grams) and Bucky (56.0).

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 pm

You found a buckbeak oh you lucky duckling

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Lucky I need buckbeak to complete my set
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Couple more from Meijer. 67.9 g - Snape. 76.7g - Horntail.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 pm

We pulled an Arnold at B&N today, as well. Three full boxes, B, D and E, but, sadly, no A, so no Trevor.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

highlanderfil wrote:We pulled an Arnold at B&N today, as well. Three full boxes, B, D and E, but, sadly, no A, so no Trevor.

Woo you are on a roll :cheers: :cheers: you'll have to take a picture once your set is complete so all us missing buckbeak can droll lol

Icant wait for series 3 tho hopefully a few less 1/72s

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 am

opopssum wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:We pulled an Arnold at B&N today, as well. Three full boxes, B, D and E, but, sadly, no A, so no Trevor.

Woo you are on a roll :cheers: :cheers: you'll have to take a picture once your set is complete so all us missing buckbeak can droll lol

I need to do a bit of cleaning up tomorrow to identify all the duplicates (doesn't help that my wife and I have two separate collections going, but I'm not as heavily invested and just basically pick up the dupes) :-) We were able to reassemble the Selkie, so that's it for the common boxes and now we only need Trevor to finish off all of Series 2. Still need a bunch of Series 1 though.

Any ideas about Series 3? When are they usually announced?

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Found a Selkie at Meijer (73.6 grams). Unfortunately, I didn’t realize how fragile she was and tossed it up a flight of stairs to my wife...and her head fell off :-( pretty sure we can superglue her back together, though

Obviously more fragile when they are out of the water!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 am

highlanderfil wrote:
opopssum wrote:

I need to do a bit of cleaning up tomorrow to identify all the duplicates (doesn't help that my wife and I have two separate collections going, but I'm not as heavily invested and just basically pick up the dupes) :-) We were able to reassemble the Selkie, so that's it for the common boxes and now we only need Trevor to finish off all of Series 2. Still need a bunch of Series 1 though.

Any ideas about Series 3? When are they usually announced?

Congrats on the successful 'surgery'! Ugh, how heartstopping to be so close and yet so far with a broken mini!

Series 3? Argh! While I miss the thrill of the hunt, I am also thrilled to let my wallet recover in between sets! Set 1 came out in late July, I think. I wasn't paying attention when Set 2 came out, but I think it was later than that? So we've probably got awhile before set 3 comes out? But hey - let's get started with brainstorming, rumors, and glams! Especially since those don't cost me anything yet!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 am

Katers wrote:Congrats on the successful 'surgery'! Ugh, how heartstopping to be so close and yet so far with a broken mini!
Thank you :-) Yeah, it was a bit anti-climactic to tell my wife "open it, it's the one we're missing!" to find out it was two parts of the one we were missing... But as we are not Sheldon Cooper-level collectors, we're OK with a bit of glue on her.
Series 3? Argh! While I miss the thrill of the hunt, I am also thrilled to let my wallet recover in between sets!
Hear hear! One part of me wishes I'd found the community earlier so that I could save myself the myriad hatted Harries, but, then again, discovering this forum and the Facebook page made me both gain a few freebies and also make someone else's day giving mine away, so it's all good. I'm just hoping for an extra Buckbeak so that I can sell him (if I can't trade him for a Series 1 exclusive, heh) and make myself feel a bit better about spending what is probably now multiple hundreds of dollars on toys (that adult part of my brain does sometimes kick in).
Set 1 came out in late July, I think. I wasn't paying attention when Set 2 came out, but I think it was later than that? So we've probably got awhile before set 3 comes out? But hey - let's get started with brainstorming, rumors, and glams! Especially since those don't cost me anything yet!
So, sounds like it's about a year between releases. Gives my wife and I ample time to speculate and kvetch about which ones HAD to have been here already :D Hoping at least for Mad-Eye and Tonks to be included in Series 3. And maybe Umbridge and Firenze :roflmao:

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 pm

As you can tell by this thread, this series is popular, so I would expect them to keep up with it once a year. There are still so many characters/alternates/creatures they could do.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 am

highlanderfil wrote:
Katers wrote:Congrats on the successful 'surgery'! Ugh, how heartstopping to be so close and yet so far with a broken mini!
Thank you :-) Yeah, it was a bit anti-climactic to tell my wife "open it, it's the one we're missing!" to find out it was two parts of the one we were missing... But as we are not Sheldon Cooper-level collectors, we're OK with a bit of glue on her.
Series 3? Argh! While I miss the thrill of the hunt, I am also thrilled to let my wallet recover in between sets!
Hear hear! One part of me wishes I'd found the community earlier so that I could save myself the myriad hatted Harries, but, then again, discovering this forum and the Facebook page made me both gain a few freebies and also make someone else's day giving mine away, so it's all good. I'm just hoping for an extra Buckbeak so that I can sell him (if I can't trade him for a Series 1 exclusive, heh) and make myself feel a bit better about spending what is probably now multiple hundreds of dollars on toys (that adult part of my brain does sometimes kick in).
Set 1 came out in late July, I think. I wasn't paying attention when Set 2 came out, but I think it was later than that? So we've probably got awhile before set 3 comes out? But hey - let's get started with brainstorming, rumors, and glams! Especially since those don't cost me anything yet!
So, sounds like it's about a year between releases. Gives my wife and I ample time to speculate and kvetch about which ones HAD to have been here already :D Hoping at least for Mad-Eye and Tonks to be included in Series 3. And maybe Umbridge and Firenze :roflmao:

I feel like funko would drive Sheldon nuts, with paint variations, glow variations - can you imagine him hunting chases? LOL!

I think it's pretty common, for those of us that weren't here since the beginning, to wish we'd discovered this community sooner! It's such a nice, and useful, place to hang out!

Okay, now I truly desperately need a Mad-Eye. My current wants are Mr. & Mrs. Weasley, werewolf Remus, and ghost & regular James & Lily!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 am

Drove all over Metro Detroit yesterday (when I get into something, I get INTO it). Hit two Meijers and a B&N in the morning, then two more Meijers, another B&N, a Box Lunch (didn't even know we had those) and a HT on the way home in a snowstorm. Not ONE catch, although most of the locations were VERY well-stocked (like, each of the B&Ns had two full boxes with spillover). Guess that's what the flip side of our haul from last week feels like :-)

So, those in the know - how often do B&Ns and HTs get their stocks replenished? Need my Trevor!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 am

highlanderfil wrote:Drove all over Metro Detroit yesterday (when I get into something, I get INTO it). Hit two Meijers and a B&N in the morning, then two more Meijers, another B&N, a Box Lunch (didn't even know we had those) and a HT on the way home in a snowstorm. Not ONE catch, although most of the locations were VERY well-stocked (like, each of the B&Ns had two full boxes with spillover). Guess that's what the flip side of our haul from last week feels like :-)

So, those in the know - how often do B&Ns and HTs get their stocks replenished? Need my Trevor!

It's hard to say. B&N has been restocked at least 2x so far, and HT same thing (depending on your location). With Series 1, B&N got restocked MONTHS later, so there might still be hope. HT might be done for unfortunately :( But it's always good to keep trying!
ISO Mystery Minis!

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 am

kihou wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Drove all over Metro Detroit yesterday (when I get into something, I get INTO it). Hit two Meijers and a B&N in the morning, then two more Meijers, another B&N, a Box Lunch (didn't even know we had those) and a HT on the way home in a snowstorm. Not ONE catch, although most of the locations were VERY well-stocked (like, each of the B&Ns had two full boxes with spillover). Guess that's what the flip side of our haul from last week feels like :-)

It's hard to say. B&N has been restocked at least 2x so far, and HT same thing (depending on your location). With Series 1, B&N got restocked MONTHS later, so there might still be hope. HT might be done for unfortunately :( But it's always good to keep trying!
I just went to the Livonia HT and it sounds like they won't be restocking anymore. Good news is I don't actually need another Buckbeak, but it would have been nice to use him to get some of the Series 1 exclusives that I now seem destined to miss out on. B&N in Green Oaks, MI had those three boxes, so they're probably good for a while, as well. I guess I'm left to ordering boxes from B&N, weighing them and returning them if they fail to measure up... There are only a few other B&Ns in Metro Detroit I can hit and most of them are out of my normal driving range.

Guess I can always try in DC when I go there in a month's time. Just got to remember to pack my trusted scale :)

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
kihou wrote:

I just went to the Livonia HT and it sounds like they won't be restocking anymore. Good news is I don't actually need another Buckbeak, but it would have been nice to use him to get some of the Series 1 exclusives that I now seem destined to miss out on. B&N in Green Oaks, MI had those three boxes, so they're probably good for a while, as well. I guess I'm left to ordering boxes from B&N, weighing them and returning them if they fail to measure up... There are only a few other B&Ns in Metro Detroit I can hit and most of them are out of my normal driving range.

Guess I can always try in DC when I go there in a month's time. Just got to remember to pack my trusted scale :)

Good luck! I always just bring a scale everywhere, you never know if you'll run into a store that has some.

If you do luck out with another Buckbeak, you know where to find us lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

I had a much easier time with completing series 1. With adding Bella and Neville to my set I am only missing the expensive ones. "Cheapest" is Fred and Arnold lol. Even if I had the money I do not think I could justify paying $150 on buck beak.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Pulled another Selkie today :-) Keeping this one and hopefully will be able to shift the mended one to help pay for the habit :D

Return to “Blind Bags”