Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.

Katers

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby Katers » Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 am

Oh nuts! I know I said I was ready, and I do want ALL THE THINGS, but I'm so not ready for this!

Also...crap, what did I do with my scale? I am NOT ending up with an army of Hermione this round!
Image ImageImage Image

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 am

Oh no I didn't even complete the first series
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun May 14, 2017 3:05 am

I am ready for wave two, my wallet is not. Only Harry Potter can get me bring a kitchen scale to a Barns and Nobel :D
- tauntaunking on instagram

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Sun May 14, 2017 3:13 am

NOOOOO!!!!

I am not ready for a second wave yet! I still need the HT exclusives from the first way!

Picmahweji

Postby Picmahweji » Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 am

Oh man any images leak yet ?

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:07 am

Katers wrote:Oh nuts! I know I said I was ready, and I do want ALL THE THINGS, but I'm so not ready for this!

Also...crap, what did I do with my scale? I am NOT ending up with an army of Hermione this round!

I did a double take reading this since I was about to write the exact same thing! ! lol. I am so not ready for a new series and I will most certainly be weighing everything to avoid a second army of Hwrmiones. She was positively insidious last time. Of course I want to aee pics of this series, but the worry is in the rarities and where the exclusives are. Commence the mini stress!!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 14, 2017 12:46 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:Oh nuts! I know I said I was ready, and I do want ALL THE THINGS, but I'm so not ready for this!

I did a double take reading this since I was about to write the exact same thing! ! lol. I am so not ready for a new series and I will most certainly be weighing everything to avoid a second army of Hwrmiones. She was positively insidious last time. Of course I want to aee pics of this series, but the worry is in the rarities and where the exclusives are. Commence the mini stress!!

Great minds! (Alternatively: give me back my brain!)

The biggest bright side for me this round is that I'm here! This place is super informative - last round I didn't know about the exclusives until the first round of B&N had come and gone. This time I will be well informed thanks to my fellow Funatics! I'm going to hope that these don't come out during SDCC (the date range started in July - NO!)

I still have 2 Hermione's and 3 Crookshanks that I need to go away somewhere else. Anywhere else. Sheesh!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 14, 2017 12:47 pm

BoxTurtles wrote:I am very happy that I abandoned completing this set (and am jealous of those who finished it) although I'm very excited to see pictures and know I will be needing a few of them.

Were there any you wanted last round that you weren't able to get?
Image ImageImage Image

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon May 15, 2017 7:54 pm

god I didn't need to find another line to like.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Katers wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

I did a double take reading this since I was about to write the exact same thing!

We are Borg. lol
I ended up giving away all those extra commons for Halloween. Hopefully for series 2 we will all be able to help each other out....and there won't be any B&N exclusives lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm

I'm listening...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I did a double take reading this since I was about to write the exact same thing!

We are Borg. lol
I ended up giving away all those extra commons for Halloween. Hopefully for series 2 we will all be able to help each other out....and there won't be any B&N exclusives lol

Resistance is futile!
Good to think that this round will be a team effort, rather than alone in the dark like I felt round 1 was! As for exclusives - HT was great about it, and kept restocking. B&N really made the whole process a lot of work, which I don't think they needed to do! But I guess I'd rather stick with them than some of the other options out there?
Image ImageImage Image

Picmahweji

Postby Picmahweji » Mon May 15, 2017 8:51 pm

please no 100$ dumbledore craziness again !

Kaedwyn

Postby Kaedwyn » Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Just as my wallet was starting to recover !!

Of course super excited, and likewise very glad to be here this time around.

Predictions? I think we'll definitely get a Neville and Luna, maybe a Ginny? Buckbeak would make a really cool figure too!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm super hoping for Luna! And maybe if they want to continue the companions theme, they'll do patronuses?
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 17, 2017 1:33 am

Picmahweji wrote:please no 100$ dumbledore craziness again !

AGREED! Got super lucky (and smart with the scale!) and scored 2 - 1 for myself and 1 for my friend that I addicted to these, right after B&N finally restocked. Made sure to get there before their HP event, and sure enough - after that, those mini boxes disappeared again!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 17, 2017 1:36 am

Kaedwyn wrote:Just as my wallet was starting to recover !!

Of course super excited, and likewise very glad to be here this time around.

Predictions? I think we'll definitely get a Neville and Luna, maybe a Ginny? Buckbeak would make a really cool figure too!

Those 3, plus the twins? Sirius, Remus and Tonks? Snape and Norbert! And totally wishlist, but James and Lily?
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Here we go again, shoot me now. As much I love them also its a hastle with exclusives. And i have even less time to hunt now with baby in the family.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed May 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I wonder if Barnes and Noble will try to do an exclusive set again. I haven't seen them try to do any other mystery mini sets since then.

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:47 am

i'm not complete with serie 1 yet, Need flock Crookshanks so bad!!!
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

Here we go again, shoot me now. As much I love them also its a hastle with exclusives. And i have even less time to hunt now with baby in the family.

That's when the funatic family helps out! We can do this together!
Image ImageImage Image

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 am

kihou wrote:I'm super hoping for Luna! And maybe if they want to continue the companions theme, they'll do patronuses?

That's a great idea! Thatd be cool if they did the different patronus and if they glowed in the dark!

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 am

danioh77 wrote:i'm not complete with serie 1 yet, Need flock Crookshanks so bad!!!

I need that too and HT Hermoine. But, I don't think I will ever get her. Not with the prices she is getting.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am

JimmyD wrote:
danioh77 wrote:i'm not complete with serie 1 yet, Need flock Crookshanks so bad!!!

I need that too and HT Hermoine. But, I don't think I will ever get her. Not with the prices she is getting.

Her prices went crazy! I was going to buy another one since the one I got from a box has a paint flaw on her cheek, but I'll keep the flawed one instead. The Hot Topic ones just seem to skyrocket whenever they stop getting the exclusive boxes in store.

Picmahweji

Postby Picmahweji » Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm

so whats the estimated time! scale is ready lol

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm

So given that we have a Luna and Bellatrix Rock Candy coming, I'm thinking they might make an appearance in the new set!

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 am

I still haven't finished the first set

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 pm

I am hoping that there is only 1 retailer exclusive set to chase this time instead of 2 retailers. Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble were tough ones to complete but I lucked out on both. Yule Hermione was the last one I needed and found here at HT on a day they happened to get a new case in that no one had touched yet. And I found Dumbledore at B&N on the weekend of the Cursed Child book release when they restocked the stores with more HP product.

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun May 21, 2017 1:18 am

Personally I am hoping for Hot Topic, maybe Barnes and Noble again (if we know they'll do a restock again). I would really dislike it being Target or Walmart since they don't seem to stock the minis ever. Gamestop isn't so bad, but I can't see Gamestop wanting to get into Harry Potter.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Picmahweji

Postby Picmahweji » Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 am

ya I'm finding with the rick and morty sets that targets are either hit or miss with stocking

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 pm

kihou wrote:Personally I am hoping for Hot Topic, maybe Barnes and Noble again (if we know they'll do a restock again). I would really dislike it being Target or Walmart since they don't seem to stock the minis ever. Gamestop isn't so bad, but I can't see Gamestop wanting to get into Harry Potter.

Agreed! If they do retailer exclusives, I really hope they keep it to the larger retailers. I dread the thought of a walgreens exclusive. Gamestop, HT and B&N are fine - or at least, I think they are. I feel more confident in trying for all of them now, since I feel I'm so much better informed by hanging out in here! My local Gamestops are where I got most of commons last round, since everyone else had sold out of their initial stock!
Image ImageImage Image

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

I think it's time for me to invest in a scale for Mystery Minis, especially if the box layouts are going to be more randomized.
I'm sure there are suggestions on the site, but I didn't find any after a few searches.
Any recommended scales with URL's for me to check out?
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm

squidward wrote:I think it's time for me to invest in a scale for Mystery Minis, especially if the box layouts are going to be more randomized.
I'm sure there are suggestions on the site, but I didn't find any after a few searches.
Any recommended scales with URL's for me to check out?

I personally use this one: https://smile.amazon.com/American-Weigh ... B0012LOQUQ

Since it is compact, sturdy, and a bit more sensitive than others. Some people swear by the 600 series (which goes out one decimal place).
ISO Mystery Minis!

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 pm

kihou wrote:I personally use this one: https://smile.amazon.com/American-Weigh ... B0012LOQUQ

Since it is compact, sturdy, and a bit more sensitive than others. Some people swear by the 600 series (which goes out one decimal place).

Perfect. Thank you so much. I ordered the 100g, 0.01 sensitivity one. It does not appear many MM's exceed 100g.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm

squidward wrote:
kihou wrote:I personally use this one: https://smile.amazon.com/American-Weigh ... B0012LOQUQ

Perfect. Thank you so much. I ordered the 100g, 0.01 sensitivity one. It does not appear many MM's exceed 100g.

Yeah, for the most part they stay below 100 (there are a few outliers but typically if they hit over 100 you know which one they are, like Venom from the new Spiderman set or Maui from Moana).
ISO Mystery Minis!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm

I enjoyed the first series, cannot wait to see what the second series will bring. <3 Quidditch Draco <3???!?!?!!!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 am

squidward wrote:

That's the scale I use, as well, and it saved me with this set! I just found it today while cleaning things off my dining room table, and got all excited and set it aside (easily findable!) knowing that series 2 is coming!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:

That's the scale I use, as well, and it saved me with this set! I just found it today while cleaning things off my dining room table, and got all excited and set it aside (easily findable!) knowing that series 2 is coming!

ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 pm

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:Perfect. Thank you so much. I ordered the 100g, 0.01 sensitivity one. It does not appear many MM's exceed 100g.

Brilliant
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Return to “Blind Bags”