Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
dexiesmom

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:So I found 4 random boxes at Gamestop yesterday (on clearance even!) and opened up Ron, Harry, Dementor, and Thestral. But my Dementor doesn't stand up. :-( Does anybody else have this problem?

I had that problem initially, until I pulled another one and noticed that the flyout parts of the cloak of the one that couldn't stand up properly werent' fanned out as much... I very gently moved one of the longer ones further out from the body and it fixed it... just have to be very careful not to break it off, but it still stays where it is now...

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! I will try that.

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:14 am

Can I please ask a question to all Buckbeak owners, so i have finalled tracked down a Buckbeak, in the UK this is no easy task. It arrived today and looks good, apart from the fact that i cant see a funko mark on it.
Where should the funko mark be on it? ( :eek: at the thought it might not be real!) keeping my fingers crossed [-o<
HP Mystery Minis collector
All series now complete!

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:Can I please ask a question to all Buckbeak owners, so i have finalled tracked down a Buckbeak, in the UK this is no easy task. It arrived today and looks good, apart from the fact that i cant see a funko mark on it.
Where should the funko mark be on it? ( :eek: at the thought it might not be real!) keeping my fingers crossed [-o<

I don't own one but sometimes they put it in a different spot
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:Can I please ask a question to all Buckbeak owners, so i have finalled tracked down a Buckbeak, in the UK this is no easy task. It arrived today and looks good, apart from the fact that i cant see a funko mark on it.

I cant see one at all, really want a Buckbeak owner to confirm if they are marked and if so where, the time difference between the UK & USA is killing me right now, please wake up soon HP fans [-o< lol
All series now complete!

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:19 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:

I cant see one at all, really want a Buckbeak owner to confirm if they are marked and if so where, the time difference between the UK & USA is killing me right now, please wake up soon HP fans [-o< lol

Good luck, hopefully it's real
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am

[-o< Any Buckbuck owners awake yet? lol
Please see my post above, can you please confirm if Buckbeak has a funko mark on it or not? Thanks heaps!
All series now complete!

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 am

If anybody has a Bellatrix and/or Lupin they'd like to sell, please PM me. Thanks so much!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:[-o< Any Buckbuck owners awake yet? lol
Please see my post above, can you please confirm if Buckbeak has a funko mark on it or not? Thanks heaps!

Yeah mine came direct from a store and I hand picked myself.

So you are right theres no foot stamp. I actually found the stamp its a pain to find though. Its on the inside of one of the wings and the only thing I could make out was a copyright 2017.

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 am

And now I have Cedric. At least he compliments my harry.

I think I'm done with this set (at only 2 lol).
~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:44 am

Geescube wrote:

So you are right theres no foot stamp. I actually found the stamp its a pain to find though. Its on the inside of one of the wings and the only thing I could make out was a copyright 2017.

Thank you so so much Geescube, I really appreciate you checking and especially the photo that you posted showing the mark as that really helped. I’ve checked mine again and have now spotted the mark (the wing was in quite tight that I hadn’t noticed it at all, but with a torch and a magnifying glass it’s definitely there lol ) so I’m really happy, never thought I was even going to be able to find one, so extra pleased/relieved that it’s real too! \:D/

Now just need to track down B&N Dumbledore and Yule Ball Hermione. Though slightly worried that there seems to be a huge amount of B&N Dumbledores from China available, am guessing that’s the most faked HP figure?! & Yule Ball Hermione doesn’t even seem to appear much on eBay, but will keep trying! [-o<
All series now complete!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Thank you so so much Geescube, I really appreciate you checking and especially the photo that you posted showing the mark as that really helped. I’ve checked mine again and have now spotted the mark (the wing was in quite tight that I hadn’t noticed it at all, but with a torch and a magnifying glass it’s definitely there lol ) so I’m really happy, never thought I was even going to be able to find one, so extra pleased/relieved that it’s real too! \:D/

Now just need to track down B&N Dumbledore and Yule Ball Hermione. Though slightly worried that there seems to be a huge amount of B&N Dumbledores from China available, am guessing that’s the most faked HP figure?! & Yule Ball Hermione doesn’t even seem to appear much on eBay, but will keep trying! [-o<

Congrats!!!

Theres also alot of horror and wd fakes on the ebay. Be careful.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:58 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:
Geescube wrote:

https://ibb.co/nMXmtK

The B&N Dumbledores from China are probably scrappers - meaning they are figures that were trashed because they didn't meet QA standards and someone took them out of the garbage to resell. They aren't "fake" but they aren't really legitimate either. Dumbledore seems to have a lot of scrappers, I think because his glasses were so delicate. I would advise staying away from any mini sales from China on Ebay, they are most likely fakes/scrappers.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Hate the glasses on him. Terrible terrible

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:15 am

kihou wrote:
Basiliskrocks wrote:
Geescube wrote:

https://ibb.co/nMXmtK

The B&N Dumbledores from China are probably scrappers - meaning they are figures that were trashed because they didn't meet QA standards and someone took them out of the garbage to resell. They aren't "fake" but they aren't really legitimate either. Dumbledore seems to have a lot of scrappers, I think because his glasses were so delicate. I would advise staying away from any mini sales from China on Ebay, they are most likely fakes/scrappers.

Thanks that’s interesting. Maybe the ones on there had glasses that broke and were then glued back in?! I’d never buy figures from China/ Hong Kong but it’s tricky to know if any of the Dumbledores are ‘good’. As it’s series 1 not many people seem to still have the box then some figures are a bit marked anyway so you can’t tell if it’s a scrapper or not even if in the UK or USA. Honestly it’s such a pain trying to track down the exclusive figures from the UK, for the last series it was better as I was able to get cases but I’m still trying to track down a few of the earlier exclusives. What I really need is a UK exclusive to come out so that I can do swaps with people in USA but I’m guessing that’s unlikely. I’m still hopeful of getting a B&N Dumbledore & a Yule Ball Hermione eventually but it feels like it might take forever [-o<
All series now complete!

LegoSims20

Postby LegoSims20 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi,
I found a new box of these in my local supermarket (regular version, as I'm in UK). I still need Selkie and Pixie. Does anyone have a layout of the boxes please? Is it true that the rare ones would be in the middle?
For the weights I have: Pixie- 36/37 Selike- 73/74. Do these look right?
Many thanks!

LegoSims20

Postby LegoSims20 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 pm

PS. if anyone ever comes across a Trevor or a Fred & George (and Buckbeak, but that's impossible) please keep me in mind!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:56 pm

LegoSims20 wrote:Hi,
I found a new box of these in my local supermarket (regular version, as I'm in UK). I still need Selkie and Pixie. Does anyone have a layout of the boxes please? Is it true that the rare ones would be in the middle?
Many thanks!

Those weights sound good, but if it's just one box, it's probably not both the Selkie and the Pixie, since they are 1/72s and don't come together. It could be the Selkie and the Pigwidgeon though, since they have similar weights. Unfortunately the Selkie is also the same weight as all of the kids in the hats. Hope you get some good ones!

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:44 am

Many thanks!

I *think* I remember rarer figures being in the middle top & middle + front or back of bottom.. but it's been a while, so don't take that as gospel!

Selkie will feel notably heavy due to her large head. If you shake the box, the top will clunk around a little, since her head is bigger than her body, but I don't think she had as much "shake" room as the sorting hat kids. I picked mine up & knew right away that it was her from weight, mostly.

Pixie & Pigwidgeon felt very similar to me... There's a table somewhere in this thread that shows the possible combinations of figures within a given case (not the layouts, as I think they varied). If you pull a 1/36, you might get an idea of who else could be in that case. But as I said, Selkie was definitely heavy, so maybe shake them all & if you don't get a heavy one, pull the lightest & hope for a Pixie :)

Good luck!

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am

gobiesox wrote:
Many thanks!

I *think* I remember rarer figures being in the middle top & middle + front or back of bottom.. but it's been a while, so don't take that as gospel!

Selkie will feel notably heavy due to her large head. If you shake the box, the top will clunk around a little, since her head is bigger than her body, but I don't think she had as much "shake" room as the sorting hat kids. I picked mine up & knew right away that it was her from weight, mostly.

Pixie & Pigwidgeon felt very similar to me... There's a table somewhere in this thread that shows the possible combinations of figures within a given case (not the layouts, as I think they varied). If you pull a 1/36, you might get an idea of who else could be in that case. But as I said, Selkie was definitely heavy, so maybe shake them all & if you don't get a heavy one, pull the lightest & hope for a Pixie :)

Good luck!

Interesting, the reason I stopped looking for selkie is because I kept getting Hermoine's with sorting hat haha. I might have to put her into an empty box and try to memorize how the shake feels in case I ever come across a fresh box again.

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 pm

mmmrice wrote:Interesting, the reason I stopped looking for selkie is because I kept getting Hermoine's with sorting hat haha. I might have to put her into an empty box and try to memorize how the shake feels in case I ever come across a fresh box again.

I realize this sounds mildly absurd, but hopefully it makes sense (and is helpful..).. I've found that if I pick up a box with my thumb on one side & 4 fingers on the other, I can gently bounce the figure within the box and sometimes get a feel for distinguishing (usually pointy) features. Hermione's hat is the pointiest of the 3 kids, so assuming she's sitting up normally in her box, you should be able to flip it upside down (so the top of the box is resting on your 4 fingers) & feel a notable point through the top of the box, while the bottom (stool) won't have it as much. Selkie should feel like the weight is fairly evenly distributed over a flat-ish surface when the top of the box is against your 4 fingers. I had a lot of trouble with this method for thestral, but I think it had more room to rotate around in the box, so I couldn't get much of a read on what I was feeling. Surprisingly, Arnold's fur was very obvious this way.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:09 am

gobiesox wrote:
mmmrice wrote:Interesting, the reason I stopped looking for selkie is because I kept getting Hermoine's with sorting hat haha. I might have to put her into an empty box and try to memorize how the shake feels in case I ever come across a fresh box again.

I realize this sounds mildly absurd, but hopefully it makes sense (and is helpful..).. I've found that if I pick up a box with my thumb on one side & 4 fingers on the other, I can gently bounce the figure within the box and sometimes get a feel for distinguishing (usually pointy) features. Hermione's hat is the pointiest of the 3 kids, so assuming she's sitting up normally in her box, you should be able to flip it upside down (so the top of the box is resting on your 4 fingers) & feel a notable point through the top of the box, while the bottom (stool) won't have it as much. Selkie should feel like the weight is fairly evenly distributed over a flat-ish surface when the top of the box is against your 4 fingers. I had a lot of trouble with this method for thestral, but I think it had more room to rotate around in the box, so I couldn't get much of a read on what I was feeling. Surprisingly, Arnold's fur was very obvious this way.

Thanks for the tip, if I ever run across a fresh case again, I'll definitely try that!

Popaddict57

Postby Popaddict57 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am

Here in Canada we are behind on the series 2 Harry Potter Mystery Minis. I have used the weigh method but only after I had bought a few duplicates. The only one that I need is the Selkie or Merpeople does anyone know what the weight of this one is,I scored the Pixie yesterday and I'm hoping that the same store might have the Selkie.
Any help would be appreciated.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu May 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Popaddict57 wrote:Here in Canada we are behind on the series 2 Harry Potter Mystery Minis. I have used the weigh method but only after I had bought a few duplicates. The only one that I need is the Selkie or Merpeople does anyone know what the weight of this one is,I scored the Pixie yesterday and I'm hoping that the same store might have the Selkie.
Any help would be appreciated.

The selkie weighs pretty much the same as the kids in the hats. Around 73 grams. The trick with her is squeezing the box - usually she fills it out top to bottom or side to side. But you have to weigh it as well - Snape does the same, but weighs less (66-ish).

Return to “Blind Bags”