Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
S_E_R_G_I_O

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:54 am

kihou wrote:I was able to have a Hot Topic store associate help me today with ordering some online from their computer. She put 12 in, not sure if they will actually ship out and if they do, if they will be able to get a case, but we'll see! At this point I'm trying anything I can to get that darned Buckbeak lol

Good luck
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:06 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
kihou wrote:I was able to have a Hot Topic store associate help me today with ordering some online from their computer. She put 12 in, not sure if they will actually ship out and if they do, if they will be able to get a case, but we'll see! At this point I'm trying anything I can to get that darned Buckbeak lol

Good luck

Why does he need luck? :freddy3: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:16 am

FunkoMeansFun wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:

Good luck

Why does he need luck? :freddy3: .

So he can get the buckbeak? Lol
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:37 pm

I think you could actually order them yourself on the website, but they are nonreturnable...

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Toys R Us

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:05 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
I think you could actually order them yourself on the website, but they are nonreturnable...

I tried, but they only let me order 1 (if I added more it said it was out of stock). I'm sure if they really only have 1 my order will be canceled but it's worth a try :) also from her computer she was able to put 12 in instead of the limit of 10.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Gothamite wrote:Toys R Us

People suck
- tauntaunking on instagram

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:20 am

Did you have to pay for them ahead of time?

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Looks like maybe a TRU employee did not know how to properly open the case :( . :freddy3:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Chaister87 wrote:

Did you have to pay for them ahead of time?

Yes, I have already paid for them, and they will get shipped to store if they arrive.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:13 am

highlanderfil wrote:
Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Does anybody know how B&N is with buying these online and returning to store?

B and N is fine with returns as long as sealed and brought back before 14 days of receiving.
Yep, I just returned six this way.

Now is a great time to return unopened boxes that you no longer have a receipt for, too - yay holidays! All those 'gift' boxes that I don't need - store credit please! I'll turn it around and use it for more mystery minis at a later date, so they'll still get my $ eventually!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:16 am

opopssum wrote:
People suck

This is just wrong, on so many levels...and so unnecessary. SIGH!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Trevor continues to elude us, but I've pulled another Selkie today from a Meijer box. Oh well...time to order more from B&N online...

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:42 pm

My online order of a box from Hot Topic was canceled :( I'll just have to keep trying every time they come back into stock on the site lol I feel like that's the only way at this point to get a Buckbeak, short of flying around the world looking for those last straggler boxes in store lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 pm

I've got a trip to DC, NoVA and NYC coming in a couple of weeks...new hunting grounds!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm

kihou wrote:My online order of a box from Hot Topic was canceled :( I'll just have to keep trying every time they come back into stock on the site lol I feel like that's the only way at this point to get a Buckbeak, short of flying around the world looking for those last straggler boxes in store lol

I feel like iv been sing nothing but canceled orders from Hot Topic lately, ive had two, im seeing it all over insta, in local FB groups, on here for pop items and non pop items it sucks :D

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Still just holding out hope for a restock in all stores T_T

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:18 am

Still in search of buckbeak.... :(
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Who is ready for series 3 hahaha, I know I am not still trying to get the higher ratios lol.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Who is ready for series 3 hahaha, I know I am not still trying to get the higher ratios lol.

I really hope S3 isnt out till the back half of the year, im not looking forward to 4 more 1/72s and and then all the 1/6s ](*,) ](*,)

But I am excited for more lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm

opopssum wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Who is ready for series 3 hahaha, I know I am not still trying to get the higher ratios lol.

I really hope S3 isnt out till the back half of the year, im not looking forward to 4 more 1/72s and and then all the 1/6s ](*,) ](*,)

Just pray doesnt get as bad as the WB set with 4 1/6
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm

sigh... I'm really considering not going after S3 other than buying other peoples dupes... I could save a few hundred $ on it in the long run, but I only say that now before I see who is in it (please Mad Eye, please Mad Eye!) and I'm secretly hoping that they've learned their lessons with the 1.6s but I know they won't have :(

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:sigh... I'm really considering not going after S3 other than buying other peoples dupes... I could save a few hundred $ on it in the long run, but I only say that now before I see who is in it (please Mad Eye, please Mad Eye!) and I'm secretly hoping that they've learned their lessons with the 1.6s but I know they won't have :(

hailmary25 wrote:
Just pray doesnt get as bad as the WB set with 4 1/6

it hurts so much that the number of 1/6s and 1/72s just keep growing, there is a "challenge" in collecting then there what has just become unfun. Its stressful trying to track down the multiple store exclusives racing against other collectors and the flippers and then you wined up with a box of dupes you cant do anything with because everyone has a box full of the same dupes.

all that said I love the harry potter series so ill be hitting the stores and I cant wait to see what we get next (while I dream of the old 1/12 days)
Mad eye would be really cool, umbrige with a lil cat in a bow, more Ginny and Luna [-o<

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:53 pm

We definitely need a Luna with her glasses, and the lion hat

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 am

bakivali wrote:We definitely need a Luna with her glasses, and the lion hat

YES, YES, YESSSS!!! I LOVE Luna and can totally get behind a Luna w/glasses and Lion Hat MM!!!
I'm Abe

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm

opopssum wrote:umbrige with a lil cat in a bow, more Ginny and Luna [-o<

The bolded made me think that while we're more likely to have this series version of the trio be in street clothes/deathly hallows era just to differentiate, that a version with their patronuses would be cool... Until I remembered that Harry's would be too huge to pair them together... Shame... Seeing Ron with his ghostly weasel etc would have been cool...

Lots more figures to do... Luscious, Crabbe & Goyle, Fudge, Umbridge, Filch, Prof. Trewlaney, Prof Sprout, Prof Flitwick, Death Eaters (generic ones could be cool, like Stormtroopers?), Mad Eye, Tonks, Kingsley, James & Lily Potter, Dudley, Moaning Myrtle?

But what sort of creatures could there be? We've had quite a few in each series so far... Kreacher? Mrs Norris? Maybe a Centaur? (Firenze would probably be too big to get into a box), Unicorn, Bowtruckle, Aragog? (Just trying to remember all Hagrid's classes lol)

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 pm

opopssum wrote:

I'm really hoping it's after SDCC, so that the wallet doesn't just up and die on me...! Here's to a lot of 1/12s from this batch!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 pm

bakivali wrote:We definitely need a Luna with her glasses, and the lion hat

=D> Seconded! And since we've already seen what they can do with those, I see no reason why they shouldn't be part of the set!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
opopssum wrote:umbrige with a lil cat in a bow, more Ginny and Luna [-o<

The bolded made me think that while we're more likely to have this series version of the trio be in street clothes/deathly hallows era just to differentiate, that a version with their patronuses would be cool... Until I remembered that Harry's would be too huge to pair them together... Shame... Seeing Ron with his ghostly weasel etc would have been cool...

Lots more figures to do... Luscious, Crabbe & Goyle, Fudge, Umbridge, Filch, Prof. Trewlaney, Prof Sprout, Prof Flitwick, Death Eaters (generic ones could be cool, like Stormtroopers?), Mad Eye, Tonks, Kingsley, James & Lily Potter, Dudley, Moaning Myrtle?

But what sort of creatures could there be? We've had quite a few in each series so far... Kreacher? Mrs Norris? Maybe a Centaur? (Firenze would probably be too big to get into a box), Unicorn, Bowtruckle, Aragog? (Just trying to remember all Hagrid's classes lol)

I love the thought of them doing everyone's Patronus - please let them be GITD! I don't think Prongs would be too big - if they can do Buckbeak in a box, they can get Prongs in!

Love your list - though if Moaning Myrtle is in the mix, I'd also like to request other ghosts! Nearly-Headless Nick, Bloody Baron, etc...! Also GITD, of course!
Image ImageImage Image

LegoSims20

Postby LegoSims20 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone second the weights of these for me please? These are what I've found online, would anyone be kind enough to second them?

Bella- 65.8/66.6
Pixie- 36/37
Luna- 55.3/59.4
Dementor- 58.1
Mermaid- 73.6

Also, if anyone has any spare of the exclusive figures (any) please PM me. Thanks so much.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

LegoSims20 wrote:Hi guys,

Can anyone second the weights of these for me please? These are what I've found online, would anyone be kind enough to second them?

Bella- 65.8/66.6
Pixie- 36/37
Luna- 55.3/59.4
Dementor- 58.1
Mermaid- 73.6

Also, if anyone has any spare of the exclusive figures (any) please PM me. Thanks so much.

Looks pretty right on to me. I usually take averages of ones I've picked so what I have is:
Bella - 65.30
Pixie - 36.39
Luna - 57.73
Dementor - 58.24
Selkie - 74.81

Good Luck!
Hi, I'm Merri!

LegoSims20

Postby LegoSims20 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

synergy56 wrote:

Bella- 65.8/66.6
Pixie- 36/37
Luna- 55.3/59.4
Dementor- 58.1
Mermaid- 73.6

Looks pretty right on to me. I usually take averages of ones I've picked so what I have is:
Bella - 65.30
Pixie - 36.39
Luna - 57.73
Dementor - 58.24
Selkie - 74.81

Good Luck!

Thanks! These are the last ones I need from the regular collection so hoping I can finish them with my next delivery.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 pm

synergy56 wrote:

Bella- 65.8/66.6
Pixie- 36/37
Luna- 55.3/59.4
Dementor- 58.1
Mermaid- 73.6

Bella - 65.30
Pixie - 36.39
Luna - 57.73
Dementor - 58.24
Selkie - 74.81

Good Luck!

I don't have the exact numbers on me, but those look right. If you come across a fresh case, the middle four (2 top, 2 bottom) are the 1/24s, a thestral, and a rare one. That can help narrow it down for Selkie (since they are the same weight as the hat kids).
ISO Mystery Minis!

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:59 pm

I've just started with these, after failing to get everyone I wanted in a couple of other sets. I picked up Snape, Pigwidgeon and Thestral. I'm really disappointed about the number of 1/6s and the US store exclusives. I may have to hit up eBay, sadly.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:I've just started with these, after failing to get everyone I wanted in a couple of other sets. I picked up Snape, Pigwidgeon and Thestral. I'm really disappointed about the number of 1/6s and the US store exclusives. I may have to hit up eBay, sadly.

Depending on where you're based, I think going through resellers are definitely your best bet instead of hunting through any boxes as they will most likely be the trio on stands or Snapes... Feel your pain on the 1/6s, these were the only ones that I bought cases of when first starting and I was devastated...

But the beauty of it for you starting late is that EVERYONE will have so many dupes, especailly of the commons and more common "rares" that you can probably get them for much cheaper than retail since the market has been flooded...

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Katers wrote:I love the thought of them doing everyone's Patronus - please let them be GITD! I don't think Prongs would be too big - if they can do Buckbeak in a box, they can get Prongs in!

Love your list - though if Moaning Myrtle is in the mix, I'd also like to request other ghosts! Nearly-Headless Nick, Bloody Baron, etc...! Also GITD, of course!

OMG I didn't even think of the GITD aspect! Those would be sweet! I was thinking more of pairing up each trio member with their patronus, so Ronw ould be holding his weasel and Hermy holding her otter, (just for some different look to the big three that we haven't seen before) but Harry with Prongs would be a bit big... But if LOTR can do gold and GITD versions as exclusives, I reckon that doing more proper sizes of patronuses would be cool, especially GITD!

The ghosts would be awesome! I didn't even think of the rest of them, those would be AWESOME!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:I love the thought of them doing everyone's Patronus - please let them be GITD! I don't think Prongs would be too big - if they can do Buckbeak in a box, they can get Prongs in!

OMG I didn't even think of the GITD aspect! Those would be sweet! I was thinking more of pairing up each trio member with their patronus, so Ronw ould be holding his weasel and Hermy holding her otter, (just for some different look to the big three that we haven't seen before) but Harry with Prongs would be a bit big... But if LOTR can do gold and GITD versions as exclusives, I reckon that doing more proper sizes of patronuses would be cool, especially GITD!

The ghosts would be awesome! I didn't even think of the rest of them, those would be AWESOME!

Those would be great! The Horizon mystery minis have some tall/bulky creatures in them, so I think they could get them to fit in a box.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:06 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:

Well, we could certainly do Ron & Hermione (and a few others!) holding their Patronus, and then Prongs could be a separate mini by himself! I'd be okay with either! I'm good with any options that get us some GITD minis! I both can't wait and totally dread series 3!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 pm

bakivali wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Those would be great! The Horizon mystery minis have some tall/bulky creatures in them, so I think they could get them to fit in a box.

Aha, it CAN be done! YAY! Excellent to know...!
Image ImageImage Image

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 am

I honestly can’t believe S3 has been confirmed and have not seen a restock of S2 At my local Hot Topics smh
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

Return to “Blind Bags”