NHL Pint Size Heroes Coming Soon

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
synergy56

Re: NHL Pint Size Heroes Coming Soon

Postby synergy56 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm

pennykstone wrote:
synergy56 wrote:So....anyone see these guys around yet? Been checking on ebay and I haven't seen anything :( I think I saw someone post some on Facebook, but I can't find the post anymore. I just want a tiny, little, scruffy Brent Burns!

I randomly msgd a few people on FB from Canada and was lucky enough to find someone who is a serious collector. He was able to buy a case that we split. I think he may have bought extra. I could ask him if he still has the extra set.

Thanks, but I did manage to find a set...even though I only wanted one I had to buy a set :eek:
Hi, I'm Merri!

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed May 23, 2018 2:58 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Holy cow! That is awesome, very creative! The little Stanley cup is a fantastic touch

Thanks! Interesting note... apparently that top part for the Stanley Cup is a rare piece or something. Had the hardest time tracking that down.

How did you make this display? It’s perfect size for this set of pints and looks great

I used a program called Lego Digital Designer to figure out what pieces I'd need and how to put them together, then ordered them off Brick Link (except for the 'glass', base, and cup bowl - which were cheaper or only available on eBay).

The base is a 16x32 stud baseplate, but cut down to 15x31, which not only is much nicer for my slight OCD as it keeps the sides even, but also fits perfectly in this display case as long as you leave the back corner of the glass open, which I had to alter slightly after taking the picture posted in this thread (because the display case taper inward just a little bit)...

https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Plastic- ... merReviews

The glass pieces are four 2x6x5 Lego and four 1x2x5 clear-transparent Lego "window" pieces. Took a bit to figure out what those were called as I'm not real familiar with Lego piece names.

The '"ice" is a combination of red, blue, and white 1x6, 1x4, and 1x3 tiles and the player bench is basically just a box with 2x3 tiles line in the middle for the PSHs to sit on.

Took a while to work it out just right with all the tweaking and redoing to get just right and find the cheapest combination of pieces (because Legos can get really expensive really quickly - LOL), but came out really nice I thought.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:Finally finished up my NHL Pint Size Heroes display. Came out pretty nice I think. Also has a clear acrylic cover that goes over the base to keep the dust off, but had too much glare in the photos, so I'm showing it here without said cover...

Holy cow! That is awesome, very creative! The little Stanley cup is a fantastic touch

Thanks! Interesting note... apparently that top part for the Stanley Cup is a rare piece or something. Had the hardest time tracking that down.

Most of them aren't smiling right now haha

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am

Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

How did you make this display? It’s perfect size for this set of pints and looks great

I used a program called Lego Digital Designer to figure out what pieces I'd need and how to put them together, then ordered them off Brick Link (except for the 'glass', base, and cup bowl - which were cheaper or only available on eBay).

The base is a 16x32 stud baseplate, but cut down to 15x31, which not only is much nicer for my slight OCD as it keeps the sides even, but also fits perfectly in this display case as long as you leave the back corner of the glass open, which I had to alter slightly after taking the picture posted in this thread (because the display case taper inward just a little bit)...

The glass pieces are four 2x6x5 Lego and four 1x2x5 clear-transparent Lego "window" pieces. Took a bit to figure out what those were called as I'm not real familiar with Lego piece names.

The '"ice" is a combination of red, blue, and white 1x6, 1x4, and 1x3 tiles and the player bench is basically just a box with 2x3 tiles line in the middle for the PSHs to sit on.

Took a while to work it out just right with all the tweaking and redoing to get just right and find the cheapest combination of pieces (because Legos can get really expensive really quickly - LOL), but came out really nice I thought.

So very cool! Thank you so much for sharing, I wouldn’t have known where to start. I’m definitely gonna have to try this out

dee001

Postby dee001 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Quazimoto wrote:Finally finished up my NHL Pint Size Heroes display. Came out pretty nice I think. Also has a clear acrylic cover that goes over the base to keep the dust off, but had too much glare in the photos, so I'm showing it here without said cover...

AMAZING! I love this display. Congrats on the completion-they look perfect. I'm still trying to find these guys!
*~*Diana*~* :pooh:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 pm

dee001 wrote:

AMAZING! I love this display. Congrats on the completion-they look perfect. I'm still trying to find these guys!

Gotta either go to or have a hookup in Canada :/

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu May 24, 2018 1:41 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:How did you make this display? It’s perfect size for this set of pints and looks great

So very cool! Thank you so much for sharing, I wouldn’t have known where to start. I’m definitely gonna have to try this out

If it helps, I should be able to share the Lego Digital Designer file I created (assuming you download that program, which is free). With it, you can even generate a parts list so you know what pieces to use and instructions on how to build it.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm

d3postman wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Holy cow! That is awesome, very creative! The little Stanley cup is a fantastic touch

Most of them aren't smiling right now haha

i am so jealous with this display
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Now I need to get my hands on an Ovi.....
ImageImage Image ImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

If it helps, I should be able to share the Lego Digital Designer file I created (assuming you download that program, which is free). With it, you can even generate a parts list so you know what pieces to use and instructions on how to build it.

Yes please! That would be very helpful. Thanks a ton

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:So very cool! Thank you so much for sharing, I wouldn’t have known where to start. I’m definitely gonna have to try this out

Yes please! That would be very helpful. Thanks a ton

Not a problem at all. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it your way. :)

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:11 pm

My friends could have bought a few for me at the HHOF but then I found a complete set on eBay for $30!
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”