Pocket Pop Keychain Blind Bags

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

Pocket Pop Keychain Blind Bags

Postby sylin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

There've been some issues with distribution (too many of the same character in some of the boxes) but I think these have potential. I'm hoping we get more unique molds/characters for these in the future. Harry Potter's seems to be a step in the right direction.

Anyone else hoping for more of these?

P.S.

Add ratios to these, Funko. Please.

Jade-Rex

Re: Pocket Pop Keychain Blind Bags

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm

I like mini pops or keychain pops but hate the mystery aspect. I saw someone buy a whole box and get about 5 or 6 characters with the rest being duplicates. That really turned me off from wanting to buy them.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 pm

I'm not excited for this. Some of the openings look assorted and some look heavy dupes.
WTB: Luffy color proto

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 am

PopDaddy wrote:I'm not excited for this. Some of the openings look assorted and some look heavy dupes.

The heavy dupes are a problem for sure.

I'm hoping that's just a hiccup early-on, and gets fixed eventually.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 am

No. I'd rather just be able to get the ones I want. :razz:

And, I display mine in box on clear pushpins. I'd rather not have to hang them exposed.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Just to let you guys know, the Disney and Harry Potter sets were out at my local Wal*Mart so they may be rolling out soon if not already.

I didn't get any duplicates so maybe the issue has been resolved but, then again, I only got three of each.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

sylin wrote:Just to let you guys know, the Disney and Harry Potter sets were out at my local Wal*Mart so they may be rolling out soon if not already.

I didn't get any duplicates so maybe the issue has been resolved but, then again, I only got three of each.

Good to know! I saw these at Hot Topic and Gamestop (the Harry Potter ones at least), but avoided them for now because I was nervous about dupes. Also the price point was a little too high for my blood right now (they are $7.90 at my HT without any coupons).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:03 pm

kihou wrote:
sylin wrote:Just to let you guys know, the Disney and Harry Potter sets were out at my local Wal*Mart so they may be rolling out soon if not already.

Good to know! I saw these at Hot Topic and Gamestop (the Harry Potter ones at least), but avoided them for now because I was nervous about dupes. Also the price point was a little too high for my blood right now (they are $7.90 at my HT without any coupons).

I sure hope the duplicates problem has resolved!

If you get some, let us know if you got any duplicates!

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm

kihou wrote:

Hope they got the duplicate issue resolved if paying $7.90 a piece for them.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:15 pm

is it easy to feel the character through the bag or is there paper or cardboard in the package?
- tauntaunking on instagram

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 pm

opopssum wrote:is it easy to feel the character through the bag or is there paper or cardboard in the package?

I believe they were similar to Pint Size Heroes in that they didn't have any extra packaging around them, but I can check again next time I'm in the mall area :)
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Angology

Postby Angology » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I prefer to know what I am getting, but if there are unique molds, etc. I know I will cave!

FYI-Pocket Pop key chains make great Christmas ornaments (I remove the ring). There will be a bunch on my tree this year!
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Take a minute or two and you can figure each out pretty simply. The marvel versions are a lot more difficult
:freddy3:

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Stragon wrote:
kihou wrote:

I've been getting them at Wal*Mart for $5.95 each.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am

sylin wrote:
Stragon wrote:
kihou wrote:Good to know! I saw these at Hot Topic and Gamestop (the Harry Potter ones at least), but avoided them for now because I was nervous about dupes. Also the price point was a little too high for my blood right now (they are $7.90 at my HT without any coupons).

HT is pricey if you don't use coupons, but I have one right now that's $20 off $50 which evens it out quite a bit (makes them about $5 a piece). Just have to catch them at the correct time :D
ISO Mystery Minis!

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm

kihou wrote:
sylin wrote:
Stragon wrote:Hope they got the duplicate issue resolved if paying $7.90 a piece for them.

HT is pricey if you don't use coupons, but I have one right now that's $20 off $50 which evens it out quite a bit (makes them about $5 a piece). Just have to catch them at the correct time :D

The coupons always help. They seem designed with collectors in mind, too, and I think it probably helps push their merch faster.

Between that, and lower prices/discounts at places like Wal*Mart, Target, Walgreens, etc; I actually don't spend as much on Funko stuff (particularly minis and blind bags) as people might think.

Ellis

Postby Ellis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:30 pm

I would love to have an oblivion key or and oath keeper attached to my backpack! I think the Oblivion key would look dope with my loungefly NYCC nightmare before christmas bag.
ImageImage

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:39 am

Ellis wrote:I would love to have an oblivion key or and oath keeper attached to my backpack! I think the Oblivion key would look dope with my loungefly NYCC nightmare before christmas bag.

Yeeeees.

I'm hoping they will tackle Kingdom Hearts sometime next year!

In addition to those, I'd love to see: Anime, Horror, Sci-Fi, mo' Disney, maybe some unique lines like 80s cartoons or video game all-stars. :D

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 am

I saw the Disney and Harry Potter ones at Walmart earlier today. They were up by the Pokemon/trading cards up front. The HP is really tempting because if I get a dupe I know my wife will take it. Or she'll just take the first one I get lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:26 am

Strending625 wrote:I saw the Disney and Harry Potter ones at Walmart earlier today. They were up by the Pokemon/trading cards up front.

Yep, I've been finding them there. Only at Wal*Marts in my area.

Has anyone seen these anywhere else?

smee

Postby smee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

sylin wrote:
Strending625 wrote:I saw the Disney and Harry Potter ones at Walmart earlier today. They were up by the Pokemon/trading cards up front.

I've been finding them at GameStop as well on the east coast. Beware the cases at Walmart, in my area they seem to have been packed incorrectly and contain many many dupes of one or two figures. The cases I've found at GameStops seem to be just fine and not loaded with dupes.

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 pm

smee wrote:
sylin wrote:

I've been finding them at GameStop as well on the east coast. Beware the cases at Walmart, in my area they seem to have been packed incorrectly and contain many many dupes of one or two figures. The cases I've found at GameStops seem to be just fine and not loaded with dupes.

I haven't gotten many dupes, though, and I've only been finding them at Wal*Marts. Maybe it's just some of them that have dupes?

For instance, one Wal*Mart I went to had several opened blind bags for BTAS in the case, and they were all different with Catwoman, Phatasm, regular Batman, etc.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:29 pm

I just posted this in the big GameStop thread.

Many of the Keychain Pops are B1G1.

Batman TAS, $4.97: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/t ... ics/153021

Harry Potter, $4.97: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/t ... ter/150118

Marvel, $2.97: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/t ... vel/153019

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 pm

I picked up most of a case of Marvel at a GameStop today and got a full set plus most of a second one. $30 for a full set and extras was okay, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $5 each for a random one before they were on sale.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

sylin

Postby sylin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:58 am

I really hope we get some new sets of these next year. Maybe Nickelodeon, Disney s2, and Anime? :) Get on it, Funko!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:20 am

Picked up 7 bags of the batman the animated series and 3 of them were Robin and 2 were Bane. :(

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 pm

I decided to take a chance and buy out my nearest GameStop's inventory of Batman: TAS (16 total). I got the whole set of 12 with dupes of Catwoman, Joker, Poison Ivy, and Robin. Surprisingly, Clayface is the smallest one, while Scarecrow's the largest.

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 am

Do they say what the rarity of these figures are? I bought a clearance Star Wars Pop Pen, Game Stop has a B1G1 sale on clearance items so I grabbed one of these mystery Marvel key chains as my freebie, I got Spider-Gwen wearing the black and white outfit. Also, on the PPG they list both Spider-Gwen's with the same title and don't have a pic so I'm not sure which one to select.. LOL

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:35 am

Ratios are supposed to be 1:12 (2 of each in a box of 24), but some people have had really bad luck and gotten as many as 10 of the same character.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 pm

I don't find them easily at Target or Walmart. I usually get them at Hot Topic or GameStop.

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:28 am

Greymom wrote:I don't find them easily at Target or Walmart. I usually get them at Hot Topic or GameStop.

That's weird. I've only ever seen them at Wal*Mart, oddly.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Batgirl is getting her own cereal from Entertainment Earth: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/FU35208EE

Batman, too: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/FU35206EE

Return to “Blind Bags”