Disney Afternoon Full Box or Random Select?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Mr Yac

Re: Disney Afternoon Full Box or Random Select?

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:19 pm

saw online that a TRU near me had some so I took a drive, found what I thought was a full case (Buy get one 40% off too!) but as you can see below that was not the case for this case....
so I suppose not a terrible outcome all things considered, but I still find myself needing Morgana, Monty, and annoyingly enough Kahn. I was getting especially worried at the end that Darkwing wasn't even there, but fortunately crisis averted on that one. so if anybody wants to trade a Morgana, Monty, Negatron or Magika for my extra Gadget and Negaduck please let me know, i'd even be willing to part with Baloo or the Nephews for any of those 4 :D

Darkwing Batman

Postby Darkwing Batman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Mr. Yac I’d say that is a great case, because you got 3 1/36 figures and three 1/24 figures all in one case. Is the way you are displaying them the positions they were in the box? Is the first picture the top row and the second the bottom? Thanks.
God Bless everyone and Merry CHRISTmas.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Darkwing Batman wrote:Mr. Yac I’d say that is a great case, because you got 3 1/36 figures and three 1/24 figures all in one case. Is the way you are displaying them the positions they were in the box? Is the first picture the top row and the second the bottom? Thanks.

yup, top pic is top layer, 2nd is bottom. it must've been 3 mixed in cases since it had 3 1:36. as for mixed cases it could've been a lot worse, but It would've been nice if one of the 72s was in the mix. and still a bit disappointed no Kahn.

ScroogeMcDollar

Postby ScroogeMcDollar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Set compete!!! :cheers: \:D/

Well at least according to what I wanted. I left out negatron and the 3 regular nephews. The junior woodchuck ones looked so much cooler! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so!

Darkwing Batman

Postby Darkwing Batman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks Mr. Yac for responding and sorry Khan wasn’t in your TRU case, hopefully you’ll be able to find him for a reasonable price.

ScroogeMcDollar congrats on finding all of the Mystery Minis you were looking for. That is always a great feeling finishing a set.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:41 am

ScroogeMcDollar wrote:Set compete!!! :cheers: \:D/

I look forward to seeing pics of your accomplishment :)

Darkwing Batman wrote:Thanks Mr. Yac for responding and sorry Khan wasn’t in your TRU case, hopefully you’ll be able to find him for a reasonable price.

thanks, I was actually just able to set up a trade for one of my wants so i'm doing alright on this set. not Kahn, but now my Darkwing set is one step closer and that was the most important one for me to finish.

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:53 pm

How big are the minis compared to the articulated figures? I'd like Chip and Dale, maybe Baloo, but don't know if there's actually a major size difference or not for like... 3-4 dollars more.

genotype

Postby genotype » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:01 am

Went a full box from popcultcha in Australia.
Got 2 chips, 2 dales, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Scrooge, darkening, Baloo, launchpad and goslyn.
So a couple to go for a set. It pretty happy and fun buying my first box.

scorpiokyle

Postby scorpiokyle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 pm

I didn't do any case layout, but got what I needed. Picked up 3 at gamestop. Got 2 of the woodchuck Huey and Gadget. Gadget was the one I wanted the most, so I'm happy.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:27 am

Got a full common case for Christmas! So now I'm just a Morgana and (I forget which one he is lol) the 1/12 junior woodchuck GS exclusive from finishing this thing off!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:41 am

Still need Gadet, Morgana, the HT exclusives, and TRU Negaduck....then finished!
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:11 pm

My Sister got me the Hot Topic Exclusive Scrooge & Negatron for Christmas so it looks like I'm for sure gonna have to collect all the rest now. I had been trying to be good and fight temptation! But at least I can blame her now! lol

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Found the junior woodchuck Louie today! Now just a Morgana away from putting this to bed so I can start worrying about the next set lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm

is there a toys story blind box?

Darkwing Batman

Postby Darkwing Batman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Finally found Morgana last night! Wal-mart finally put out a case (but there was only five let when I got there) and the first one I opened was Morgana. She was the one I wanted the most out of this set because I know it is the only way they’ll probably make her and I’m a huge Darkwing fan. I know God put her there for me to find. Also Scrooge, the other figure I was looking for, was one of the other five they had. Really glad about my latest finds.

Nellekeller

Postby Nellekeller » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 pm

I always do a case from each store that has exclusives

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:17 am

Nellekeller wrote:I always do a case from each store that has exclusives

you sir are quite the high roller, I just couldn't stand getting so many duplicates doing that.

Darkwing Batman

Postby Darkwing Batman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:46 am

GoldenYellowPup wrote:How big are the minis compared to the articulated figures? I'd like Chip and Dale, maybe Baloo, but don't know if there's actually a major size difference or not for like... 3-4 dollars more.

I’ve uploaded comparison pictures up here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.p ... st20031143

There is quite a bit of size difference, but personally I think that the nephews Minis go good with the Scrooge figure as well as Gosalyn Mini with the Darkwing figure. The size works for me.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 am

Darkwing Batman wrote: but personally I think that the nephews Minis go good with the Scrooge figure as well as Gosalyn Mini with the Darkwing figure. The size works for me.

you're right, the kids are pretty perfectly scaled to the figures.

vhsu16

Postby vhsu16 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Can't wait to get my first box...woot woot!

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

genotype wrote:Went a full box from popcultcha in Australia.
Got 2 chips, 2 dales, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Scrooge, darkening, Baloo, launchpad and goslyn.
So a couple to go for a set. It pretty happy and fun buying my first box.

Nice work on getting all three nephews! I just picked a few randoms from the store down from me in Sydney CBD as mainly after Chip & Dale and the nephews as I'm too old for the Talespin era, mainly original Ducktales stuff... I got Chip, but then got suckered in to getting Goslyn and Kit Cloudkicker... blegh... If you're interested in Kit, drop me a line...

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Darkwing Batman wrote:I’ve uploaded comparison pictures up here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.p ... st20031143

There is quite a bit of size difference, but personally I think that the nephews Minis go good with the Scrooge figure as well as Gosalyn Mini with the Darkwing figure. The size works for me.

Oh wow yeah, I think I'll stick with the bigger figures then, especially since Baloo has a low ratio number. Good idea with the ducks though.

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:saw online that a TRU near me had some so I took a drive, found what I thought was a full case (Buy get one 40% off too!) but as you can see below that was not the case for this case....
so I suppose not a terrible outcome all things considered, but I still find myself needing Morgana, Monty, and annoyingly enough Kahn. I was getting especially worried at the end that Darkwing wasn't even there, but fortunately crisis averted on that one. so if anybody wants to trade a Morgana, Monty, Negatron or Magika for my extra Gadget and Negaduck please let me know, i'd even be willing to part with Baloo or the Nephews for any of those 4 :D

nice grab man! i really want to test the waters on this box but i just don't like the odds.. it seems like i am better off getting each one of them in eBay
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:14 pm

philipali wrote:
nice grab man! i really want to test the waters on this box but i just don't like the odds.. it seems like i am better off getting each one of them in eBay

considering some of the other recent case ratios we got off easy. your best bet if you want most of them would be to try and get a full case from either Hot Topic or TRU since their dupes seem like they'd be easier to trade then the Chip & Dale and Woodchuck ones to fill in some gaps.

Skip

Postby Skip » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

wgfulton wrote:New pulls and weights today

Monterrey 63.8
Webbie 42.5
Magica (HT) 45.0
Huey 40.8 (I wonder if all the Nephews are the same...)

Thanks so much for the numbers!!! Any idea if there's an ever so slight difference with the nephews?

Also, I'm still looking for Shere Khan, so if anybody can post his weight (including box and bag, of course), I'd appreciate the effort! [-o<

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 am

I could believe there's a small difference with the nephews.

So far, I've encountered Huey (39.9) and Louie (39.5). Then again, all those numbers are pretty close, so it may just be packaging variance. Actually, weighing them out of the box, there is a small difference (13.9 for Huey and 13.3 for Louie). Makes sense that there'd be a little difference, since they're different molds.

Skip

Postby Skip » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Ah, thank you! :)

Skip

Postby Skip » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 am

ScroogeMcDollar wrote:Set compete!!! :cheers: \:D/

Well at least according to what I wanted. I left out negatron and the 3 regular nephews. The junior woodchuck ones looked so much cooler! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so!

Congrats! =D>

Do you by chance have the weight for Khan, or any of the Junior Woodchucks, including bag and box? Still on the hunt for those four...

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:06 am

If nobody else has 'em, I can send you the Jr. Woodchuck weight once I get home.

I think they were about 47, but I don't have my list on me.

The tricky thing, of course, is that all three weigh the same, so it's tough to avoid dupes. I was weighing, and still got a double of Huey.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Yeah, the difference in weights is tough some times, but at least they don't fluctuate by up to 3-4g like some of the previous series have (I think S2 Harry Potter was pretty awful from memory?)

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Just to confirm; the Woodchucks are about 47. None I weighed was under that, but the amount over varied; seemed like between .3 and .7 was most likely.

The most fun thing about this line is that it's prodded me to get the DVDs and introduce my kids to some of the other Disney Afternoon stuff (we had done Ducktales and Darkwing Duck). They're all about Chip & Dale now.

Skip

Postby Skip » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 am

Heli88 wrote:Just to confirm; the Woodchucks are about 47...

Awesome, thanks! Do you by chance know if there are other characters in the Game Stop lineup that weigh close to 47g, that I could get these confused with?

Yeah, these figures totally fuel my interest in revisiting and sharing some of these TV gems as well -- and the more I do, the more I'd love, Love, LOVE me some Gummi Bears Mystery Minis! :bounce:

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am

Out of my box, Gadget was about the same weight (47.3), but that wouldn't be too awful of a result, would it? :)

Series two would have some great options. I'd like to also see Gargoyles in there, and maybe Bonkers, just because.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am

Heli88 wrote:Out of my box, Gadget was about the same weight (47.3), but that wouldn't be too awful of a result, would it? :)

Series two would have some great options. I'd like to also see Gargoyles in there, and maybe Bonkers, just because.

Gargoyles, Bonkers, Gummi Bears, Goof Troop, & Aladdin would be great additions for series 2 seeing as they all ran under the Disney Afternoon banner.

On a side note, I am trying to find a Gadget & a TRU Negaduck. I only have a Baloo to trade for one but do not mind paying if needed.
I tried to do it through the trade thread but no luck so far.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Funkofresh916

Postby Funkofresh916 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm

There are so many good ones in this set lol

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Skip wrote:
Heli88 wrote:Do you by chance know if there are other characters in the Game Stop lineup that weigh close to 47g, that I could get these confused with?

Gadget, Chip & Dale are all within the threshold of being around the 47g range... More Dale than Chip, but a couple of grams either way due to packaging or a scale different to others, and you've got at least 4 others per case to dodge (including two of those being dupes, so if you get one at 47.5 and one at 48.5 there's a good chance both could be Dales :( )

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:53 pm

just throwing it out there, but the only ones I currently need are Kahn (annoyed he wasn't in the TRU case I bought) Regular Scrooge, Negatron, Magica, Monty, Webby and Chip & Dale.

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 am

Have the regular cases turned up anywhere yet? I still need regular Scrooge, and Chip & Dale, too.

Finished all the exclusives today after I finally scored a Magica.
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Indy Viper wrote:Have the regular cases turned up anywhere yet? I still need regular Scrooge, and Chip & Dale, too.

I found some at a local comic book store today and heard people are finding cases at Walmart so you should hopefully be able to find some.

I found a fresh case at TRU and bought 3 just to guarantee that I got Darkwing and Negaduck! Now I just need to hopefully trade my extra Negaduck for a Negatron.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:Have the regular cases turned up anywhere yet? I still need regular Scrooge, and Chip & Dale, too.

I found some at a local comic book store today and heard people are finding cases at Walmart so you should hopefully be able to find some.

I found a fresh case at TRU and bought 3 just to guarantee that I got Darkwing and Negaduck! Now I just need to hopefully trade my extra Negaduck for a Negatron.

Awesome! Thanks for that! I'll have to check out some Walmarts asap.
ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”