WB Mystery Minis coming in January!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
atl2184

Re: WB Mystery Minis coming in January!

Postby atl2184 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:Found Sylvester BFR, 54.5, just like Tom. I guess all cats weigh the same

Do you know what case this was?

Found Sylvester again, case b, but this one had a tom too. Imagine my horror. Luckily i was “allowed” to buy both

Update: came across case E and it has Sylvester too. I came across a case F and that was a major dud, the “rare” was Tom and Jerry. But i could not leave it be when Sylvester is exactly the same weight

I also found Sylvester in cases b and e. 54.8 for me.

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 pm

atl2184 wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Do you know what case this was?

Found Sylvester again, case b, but this one had a tom too. Imagine my horror. Luckily i was “allowed” to buy both

Update: came across case E and it has Sylvester too. I came across a case F and that was a major dud, the “rare” was Tom and Jerry. But i could not leave it be when Sylvester is exactly the same weight

I have so many Toms now. Probably one for every Sylvester

atl2184

Postby atl2184 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:15 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
atl2184 wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

I have so many Toms now. Probably one for every Sylvester

I hear you. I can't find the speedy/Tweety case to save my life. Some of the Targets I went to are still refusing to pull them.

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:57 pm

My Tweety/Jerry came in case C

Road Runner/Tom Case B

MM1000

Postby MM1000 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Pumped, some guy was at target with his scale and the employee wouldn’t let him weigh them. Then the guy wanted the whole case but he said only 1 per customer because they were exclusive but the guy took the top 6 anyway. After he left I grabbed one because the employee was guarding them for his life and I pulled a Sylvester lol

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 pm

MM1000 wrote:Pumped, some guy was at target with his scale and the employee wouldn’t let him weigh them. Then the guy wanted the whole case but he said only 1 per customer because they were exclusive but the guy took the top 6 anyway. After he left I grabbed one because the employee was guarding them for his life and I pulled a Sylvester lol

Ha good for you, but that so could have been me with the scale. I would have walked away since I’m so afraid of dupes

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm

NastySplatter wrote:Walgreens exclusive ratio and layout

Bugs........Bugs
Tom........Road Runner
Yogi........Yogi

Bottom

Fred........Huck
Daffy.......Daffy
Marvin.....Marvin

I can barely find 3 boxes let alone 3 cases of Walgreens exclusive minis. Can’t stand these ratios
It’s me Lynda

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm

I think Case F is the one without any exclusives. Just pulled Tom, Jerry, Huck & Fred from the middle two upper & lower slots. :-/
ImageImage

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:04 pm

gogman wrote:

Bugs........Bugs
Tom........Road Runner
Yogi........Yogi

Bottom

Fred........Huck
Daffy.......Daffy
Marvin.....Marvin

Just a heads up that my two Walgreens cases were different both layouts to this one and different to each other.

One did though contain Pepe Le Pew and Wile E. Coyote so that was a nice surprise.

Question? We’re they side by side? Thx
It’s me Lynda

gogman

Postby gogman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
gogman wrote:

Bugs........Bugs
Tom........Road Runner
Yogi........Yogi

Bottom

Fred........Huck
Daffy.......Daffy
Marvin.....Marvin

Just a heads up that my two Walgreens cases were different both layouts to this one and different to each other.

One did though contain Pepe Le Pew and Wile E. Coyote so that was a nice surprise.

Question? We’re they side by side? Thx

They were yes

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 am

I'm not sure if it was a mistake or if they are mixing things up a bit but I got Wile E Coyote 1/36 and Pepe Le Pew in the same case 1/72 and no Tom or Jerry 1/24

Wile E top middle left 56g
Pepe top middle right 62g

case D

Jarpo

Postby Jarpo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

This seems to be the way Funko is doing these exclusives lately...putting two exclusives, including one 1/72, in the same case. That's how I found Speedy & Tweety @ Target and Cap & Proxima Midnight for the HT exclusive Infinity War minis.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

Managed to finish off the Target exclusives this weekend. Phew. I'm so frightened by the Walgreens exclusives. I must finish this set!!

Also need quickdraw still, too.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 am

went looking yesterday and found a case D still inside the shipping box sitting on a random clearance end cap in the back of toys with one box missing. weighed them out and found a tweety on top middle right...if it wasn't re-arranged. seems to check out as the bottom row has same weights side by side except for middle row. Looks like the speedy was missing (sad trombone sound). At least I found tweety.

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm

NastySplatter wrote:I'm not sure if it was a mistake or if they are mixing things up a bit but I got Wile E Coyote 1/36 and Pepe Le Pew in the same case 1/72 and no Tom or Jerry 1/24

case D

the magical case D! I forget if you're based in the USA or not. Otherwise id ask for the UPC or item number for Walgreens.

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
the magical case D! I forget if you're based in the USA or not. Otherwise id ask for the UPC or item number for Walgreens.

I'm in the UK buying them from Australia. I have the barcodes if thats any good?
Walgreens

Target

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 pm

NastySplatter wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

I'm in the UK buying them from Australia. I have the barcodes if thats any good?
Walgreens

Target

Thank you! it might be useful, at the very least you provided weights, which are super super helpful.

darthrizzo33

Postby darthrizzo33 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm

FINALLY a verified member!

Wants:

Yosemite, Speedy, Roadrunner, Wiley, Pepe, Dino

... more like, must haves. Every Walgreens I go to has the mini boxes (non-WB) spread out everywhere, which won't make it easy to use the ol' Case D, middle boxes method.

And I can't find a Dino for the life of me.

Imperative I find the last 5 Looney Tunes and hold out hope for a series 2 and easy-to-find Taz, Porky, Elmer!

Doodler

Postby Doodler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:25 pm

[*]
NastySplatter wrote:I'm not sure if it was a mistake or if they are mixing things up a bit but I got Wile E Coyote 1/36 and Pepe Le Pew in the same case 1/72 and no Tom or Jerry 1/24

case D

Awesome pulls, very tempted to order a box but knowing my luck I’ll just get Tom and Jerry again. Being from the UK sucks for these minis

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm

I found 1 box at a toys r us out of 3 and 4 opened boxes at one of the 5 targets I went to. Walgreens is going to be even worse. I'm hoping ebay prices drop since it looks like it'll be the only way I'll complete this set. Still missing Quick Draw and Booboo from the common case as well.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Man, I'm so jealous of these awesome Looney Tunes Mystery Minis folks are pulling.

Call out to anyone listening... If you find yourself with doubles of any of the Walgreens or Target exclusive ones, please let me know. My area is a literal dead zone for them. Don't care what country they need to ship from, if I can avoid the insane eBay prices (though I'm happy to offer some extra for your time and effort), I'm Paypal ready. :)

fgnat

Postby fgnat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 am

speedy is nice

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am

MM1000 wrote:Pumped, some guy was at target with his scale and the employee wouldn’t let him weigh them. Then the guy wanted the whole case but he said only 1 per customer because they were exclusive but the guy took the top 6 anyway. After he left I grabbed one because the employee was guarding them for his life and I pulled a Sylvester lol

Unbelievable that he was weighing them and then still ignored what the employee told him about 1 per person. I hope the cashier wouldn’t ring up more than one.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 am

Doodler wrote:[*]

Awesome pulls, very tempted to order a box but knowing my luck I’ll just get Tom and Jerry again. Being from the UK sucks for these minis

Yeah its bad. To complete the set the options are pay ebay prices or have a ton of dupes. And when you're paying international shipping and customs charges on top of a case and most of the minis have almost no ebay value it it's probably cheaper to buy from ebay. Plus the fact if you buy a case you have to wait weeks to see what you got.

Mystery_Mini_God

Postby Mystery_Mini_God » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 am

As has been the latest, we are seeing 1/72s paired with 1/36s in the same case. Although it’s great for that case, it sucks for the other which will then have just 1/24s or lower. This has happened with a few of the latest sets, and ‘I’ wonder if the company is doing it intentionally. For this set specifically, there was no street date, but Target likes to place a ‘set date’ on the inventory. Set date means employees are required to set them out and not leave them in the back. Many confuse that with street date and refuse to sell. Speak to a manager who knows. Most Targets are placing the cases in the same isle with TrollHunters, so look there. This file should help you along. Happy hunting!

Minis: 1,799 (no doubles)
Sets completed: 102
Complete on all sets achieved on February 24th, 2018.
#TheyAllComeHome

Instagram: Os_the_mystery_mini_hunter

YouTube: Mystery Mini God Os

Find assistance at my FB group @ Funko Mystery Minis Hunt: Buy & Sale/Trade/Chat

Come on in... You’ll love us! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:18 am

jcrook wrote:

Unbelievable that he was weighing them and then still ignored what the employee told him about 1 per person. I hope the cashier wouldn’t ring up more than one.

Usually people trying to break limits like that will just take them up to the self checkout :(

wgfulton

Postby wgfulton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 am

I'm starting to think it's just not worth it for this set... Nothing in my area. I go to each Walgreens in the area (one per day) and nothing. Only seen one case at Target and it was picked through. I'm thinking about giving up on this set, which sucks because I love Looney Tunes more than most things in my life, but I'm just exhausted and the eBay prices are out of my means. I was excited at first and now I'm just about done with them.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 am

wgfulton wrote:I'm starting to think it's just not worth it for this set... Nothing in my area. I go to each Walgreens in the area (one per day) and nothing. Only seen one case at Target and it was picked through. I'm thinking about giving up on this set, which sucks because I love Looney Tunes more than most things in my life, but I'm just exhausted and the eBay prices are out of my means. I was excited at first and now I'm just about done with them.

Hopefully prices come down a bit as they start to become more available in stores. Not as many people have reported the Walgreens ones. Don't give up hope just yet :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Mystery_Mini_God wrote:As has been the latest, we are seeing 1/72s paired with 1/36s in the same case. Although it’s great for that case, it sucks for the other which will then have just 1/24s or lower. This has happened with a few of the latest sets, and ‘I’ wonder if the company is doing it intentionally. For this set specifically, there was no street date, but Target likes to place a ‘set date’ on the inventory. Set date means employees are required to set them out and not leave them in the back. Many confuse that with street date and refuse to sell. Speak to a manager who knows. Most Targets are placing the cases in the same isle with TrollHunters, so look there. This file should help you along. Happy hunting!

it may be too late, at least to take advantage of all the good info posted here for the Target exclusives. If your local target can locate the case, it shoudl be on the floor, open to the masses. I came across a case on the floor and just had to walk away, there were too many weights that were suspicious and all locations were messed up.

darthrizzo33

Postby darthrizzo33 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm

wgfulton wrote:I'm starting to think it's just not worth it for this set... Nothing in my area. I go to each Walgreens in the area (one per day) and nothing. Only seen one case at Target and it was picked through. I'm thinking about giving up on this set, which sucks because I love Looney Tunes more than most things in my life, but I'm just exhausted and the eBay prices are out of my means. I was excited at first and now I'm just about done with them.

You do know that Funko is in this to make money, not to make everyone happy, and one way to collect them all is to spend more money?

I get it, it's a rough hobby but we chose this path. The only way to show you're truly angry is to vote with your wallet and don't buy any mystery minis until they give us more reasonable ratios so we can realistically collect an entire set without draining our savings accounts. Eventually, these ratios will scare away the masses and Funko will hopefully take notice.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm

darthrizzo33 wrote:

You do know that Funko is in this to make money, not to make everyone happy, and one way to collect them all is to spend more money?

I get it, it's a rough hobby but we chose this path. The only way to show you're truly angry is to vote with your wallet and don't buy any mystery minis until they give us more reasonable ratios so we can realistically collect an entire set without draining our savings accounts. Eventually, these ratios will scare away the masses and Funko will hopefully take notice.

I'm literally (okay, not literally, but figuratively) begging Funko to offer any viable explanation as to these ridiculous ratios with recent Mystery Mini sets because it seems to be an obvious cash grab to me.

I'm voting with my wallet on the Warner Bros. ones. I mean, it's pretty easy becuse my area is a total dead zone for new MMs, but even if it wasn't, I'm not gonna support Funko gouging their fans with practices like four different 1/6 figures in the base set and multiple store exclusives at 1/36 or 1/72 ratios. Don't get me wrong, Funko does a lot of good things and puts out a lot of awesome products, but this ratio ridiculousness is just too far and a complete slap in the face to anyone who's boughten a buch of Mystery Minis in the past, thus making it a successful and viable secondary toy line in Funko's catalog. Only way it will change though is when people get sick of the dupes and stop buying the things so much, leaving retailers with hoards of MMs they can't sell and thus don't order any more.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Voting with your wallet is all very well and good, but unless Funko actually gets the negative feedback on such a large scale that it will be impossible to ignore, they will continue to screw over their fans... Even if enough people DO vote with their wallet, Funko could interpret that as the line being unpopular and we don't actually want that with a lot of lines, especially the WB ones, with so many awesome characters that could be in Series 2...

There just needs to be some sort of movement that pushes the social media pressure and popular opinion to make Funko stop with all the 1/6s and super rare exclusives... Look at LOTR... I've got most of the set already but have bought two cases extra because the selection of 1/12s is good enough that I can sell them on to someone who wants most of the characters and especially the B&N cases have really reasonable exclusives... Hopefully the ales numbers reflect this as Infinity War haven't been out even a week and there's already so much backlash from all the 1/6s again...

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:26 am

I have at least 2 local targets that have a case of 12 that cannot be found. I've checked for days straight and talked to several employees and managers that have gone out of there way to find them to no avail. Only thing I can think of is an employee either stashed them or they have been stolen. Kinda similar to the case I found still in the shipping box, sitting on a clearance end cap with one box missing.

darthrizzo33

Postby darthrizzo33 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 am

Well yeah, Funko is a business, they are in it literally, only, for the money, hence why this would be an obvious cash grab and why chase Pops exist and other smart business tactics to reel in pathetic collectors like us. Until they start to see declines, things aren't going to change. They made Tweety/Sylvester 1/36 each, Tom/Jerry 1/24 each, and Wile E./Roadrunner 1/36 each because they know people will think "oh hey, it is possible to get both of the pair, so I'll buy into it". If Tweety was 1/24 and Sylvester was 1/72, this would scare people away even quicker. Yogi/Boo Boo are not as impactful as Tweety/Sylvester and the like.

But right, don't buy them.

Quazimoto wrote:
darthrizzo33 wrote:

I'm literally (okay, not literally, but figuratively) begging Funko to offer any viable explanation as to these ridiculous ratios with recent Mystery Mini sets because it seems to be an obvious cash grab to me.

I'm voting with my wallet on the Warner Bros. ones. I mean, it's pretty easy becuse my area is a total dead zone for new MMs, but even if it wasn't, I'm not gonna support Funko gouging their fans with practices like four different 1/6 figures in the base set and multiple store exclusives at 1/36 or 1/72 ratios. Don't get me wrong, Funko does a lot of good things and puts out a lot of awesome products, but this ratio ridiculousness is just too far and a complete slap in the face to anyone who's boughten a buch of Mystery Minis in the past, thus making it a successful and viable secondary toy line in Funko's catalog. Only way it will change though is when people get sick of the dupes and stop buying the things so much, leaving retailers with hoards of MMs they can't sell and thus don't order any more.

darthrizzo33

Postby darthrizzo33 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:17 am

Thinking about WB Series 2 hurts my soul.

w00kiee77 wrote:Voting with your wallet is all very well and good, but unless Funko actually gets the negative feedback on such a large scale that it will be impossible to ignore, they will continue to screw over their fans... Even if enough people DO vote with their wallet, Funko could interpret that as the line being unpopular and we don't actually want that with a lot of lines, especially the WB ones, with so many awesome characters that could be in Series 2...

There just needs to be some sort of movement that pushes the social media pressure and popular opinion to make Funko stop with all the 1/6s and super rare exclusives... Look at LOTR... I've got most of the set already but have bought two cases extra because the selection of 1/12s is good enough that I can sell them on to someone who wants most of the characters and especially the B&N cases have really reasonable exclusives... Hopefully the ales numbers reflect this as Infinity War haven't been out even a week and there's already so much backlash from all the 1/6s again...

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

darthrizzo33 wrote:Thinking about WB Series 2 hurts my soul.

Which is why we need to start doing something about it now, for future series...

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Man that speedy sure does look nice. Congrats on the pull. I have yet to see them at walgreens however. Sigh...so hard to complete this series...
ImageImage

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:04 pm

darthrizzo33 wrote:Well yeah, Funko is a business, they are in it literally, only, for the money, hence why this would be an obvious cash grab and why chase Pops exist and other smart business tactics to reel in pathetic collectors like us. Until they start to see declines, things aren't going to change. They made Tweety/Sylvester 1/36 each, Tom/Jerry 1/24 each, and Wile E./Roadrunner 1/36 each because they know people will think "oh hey, it is possible to get both of the pair, so I'll buy into it". If Tweety was 1/24 and Sylvester was 1/72, this would scare people away even quicker. Yogi/Boo Boo are not as impactful as Tweety/Sylvester and the like.

Quazimoto wrote:
darthrizzo33 wrote:

Couldn't we start some sort of petition? I mean I love several of the minis series, but these rstios are ridiculous. Seems like even a 1/36 store exclusive would be almost just as valuable as a 1/72 is now. I mean, that's th e ratio of the OG pop chases and recent chases are only 1/6 :-k

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Megacam wrote:
darthrizzo33 wrote:Well yeah, Funko is a business, they are in it literally, only, for the money, hence why this would be an obvious cash grab and why chase Pops exist and other smart business tactics to reel in pathetic collectors like us. Until they start to see declines, things aren't going to change. They made Tweety/Sylvester 1/36 each, Tom/Jerry 1/24 each, and Wile E./Roadrunner 1/36 each because they know people will think "oh hey, it is possible to get both of the pair, so I'll buy into it". If Tweety was 1/24 and Sylvester was 1/72, this would scare people away even quicker. Yogi/Boo Boo are not as impactful as Tweety/Sylvester and the like.

Quazimoto wrote:

Couldn't we start some sort of petition? I mean I love several of the minis series, but these rstios are ridiculous. Seems like even a 1/36 store exclusive would be almost just as valuable as a 1/72 is now. I mean, that's th e ratio of the OG pop chases and recent chases are only 1/6 :-k

According to recent eBay sales, 1/36 store exclusive are definately worth more than 1.72 base set figures now. At least that's what I'm seeing with the WB set.

I'm with you, I love Mystery Minis, but this ratios nonesense has really crushed my love for them. I need the Looney Tunes ones just because aside from Muppet or Fraggle Rock, it's pretty much my dream MM set. There's a few other sets coming out this year I'd be real keen on too. Infinity Wars too. But seeing as how the ridiculousness with ratios and exclusives is continuing with that set, I'm not even going to bother with it at all. I just don't have the funds to keep pulling double after double or pay 5X+ the retail price on eBay.

I'd be all for a petition, but honestly... It wouldn't work. I guarantee you Funko is aware that fans aren't happy with the new ratio philosophy with Mystery Minis. I can also guarantee you that they just don't care and won't care until sales are effected by it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a lot of great people working at Funko and plenty of them think it's completely ridiculous and uncalled for themselves. But Funko as a company, especially now that they're publicly traded, cares about the bottom line above anything else (it's a sad reality of the business world) and fans buying mini after mini after mini after mini after mini in search of that one or two last rare figures they need for the collection yet is really danged good for the bottom line. So, until Mystery Mini sales dip enough to warrant a change, you're gonna keep seeing multiple 1/6 figures per base set and high rarity ratios on store exclusives.

Dayhiker

Postby Dayhiker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Hello! I finally got lucky and pulled a Sylvester which was paired with a Jerry! Any one need him? I’m looking for a tweety or a couple of lord of the rings mini... thanks!

Return to “Blind Bags”