Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:24 am

Dbratteli wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I have seen fresh untouched cases at Wal-Mart's but that doesn't help those that need HT


Good to know, will have to check out walmarts.

I have given up on HT set


Yeah HT has prolly.moved on from these
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Still hoping once and awhile that it will be like Stranger Things and just randomly get restocked months later.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), Nebula, War Machine (Common cases)

User avatar
synergy56
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

yeah I think HT is totally done with these. Randomly saw some cases in Targets, but they always have at least 2 missing so I don't want to take any chances.
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

Velmeran
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Velmeran » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm

hailmary25 wrote:It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Haven't looked recently, how bad at the prices on the HT ones now?

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Velmeran wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Haven't looked recently, how bad at the prices on the HT ones now?


Lurtz and Ewoyn was high $100 to low $200 last I checked, with the Witch king in the low $100(Found him in the wild had to pay for Lurtz and Ewoyn)
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

RBlue30
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 pm

I went to Barnes yesterday for the comic con pops and they had a fresh case of Barnes and noble exclusives! They were hidden but managed to get the gitd Galadriel! Has anyone else seen another restock?
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

User avatar
TheWordWizard
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby TheWordWizard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:04 pm

I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.

nyc_collector315
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby nyc_collector315 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

I still need those hot topic exclusives. Starting to think its not gonna happen. LoL

RBlue30
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:22 pm

TheWordWizard wrote:I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.


Nice! Congrats on no duplicates! Haha I got so many Frodo’s and sams trying to get merry and pippin!
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

Popfanatics
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 am

Velmeran wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:It stung to pay Ebay prices at the time for the HT exclusives but hindsight being 20/20 it worked with the value shooting up.

Haven't looked recently, how bad at the prices on the HT ones now?

Bad! I check often for Lurtz and always around $200 :(
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Pryde72 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:13 am

RBlue30 wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.


Nice! Congrats on no duplicates! Haha I got so many Frodo’s and sams trying to get merry and pippin!


I’ve got a bunch of Pippins, but no Merry lol

RBlue30
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:I just saw a fresh restock case of the Barnes and Noble exclusives too. I got two, hoping for the Galadriel, but I got Aragorn and merry instead, which was fine by me. I've now bought eight, and not only have a still not gotten a repeat, but I have the main five I wanted; Aragorn and the Hobbits.


Nice! Congrats on no duplicates! Haha I got so many Frodo’s and sams trying to get merry and pippin!


I’ve got a bunch of Pippins, but no Merry lol


haha what a pain! I'm sorry! once i got 1 of each i just stopped buying them, otherwise id offer to trade! good luck finding merry!
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

User avatar
GetLostYouPsycho
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 pm

My Barnes and Noble just re-stocked the LOTR set. I was surprised to see two fresh cases on the shelf. I know there's likely no hope for HT to re-stock, but at least the BN exclusives appear to be obtainable for some at retail, still.

User avatar
Lady_Macbeth
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am

Hey, all. I'm still on the hunt for various LOTR commons, including Arwen, Merry, Pippin, and Sauron. I'd love to acquire Eowyn (as Dermhelm), but let's face it; I don't have $180 lying around for a tiny sculpted vinyl. But, if you have any of the previously mentioned commons and are willing to part with them, please PM me. Thanks!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

rtb1980
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am

Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.


Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

rtb1980
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.


Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?


Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

User avatar
synergy56
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby synergy56 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm

rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.


Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?


Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

rtb1980
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby rtb1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 pm

synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?


Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis



Very cool, thank you for sharing, I forgot that was there.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 3370
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm

all I wanted was a Nazgul, a dream that I have given up on after my 5 Aragorn and 3 Sam

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:44 pm

rtb1980 wrote:Does anyone think these might be vaulted soon? I noticed that Walmart has stopped selling them and GameStop will only allow you to order 2 or 3. B&N still has them though, but who knows for how long.


I always wondered why Hot Topic (a massive Funko purchaser/seller) always skimps out on the MM Exclusives and Barnes (also a huge but probably not as MASSIVE Funko purchaser/seller) seems to have an excess. It's nuts and I, along with many of you, do not like it :mad: :wwe8: .
I be Chris.

Instagram - oldspiffysoul


Image

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:29 am

rtb1980 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis



Very cool, thank you for sharing, I forgot that was there.


Almost 4 years in the game and still learn something new wow
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:38 pm

synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Do minis ever become officially "Vaulted"?


Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis

That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), Nebula, War Machine (Common cases)

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm

kihou wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:
Hmm. That's a good question. I'll do some research!

They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis

That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.


Do not know about you but I havent seen any series 1 boxes laying around lol. Not to mention I do not think anyone wants those big boxes back
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:
synergy56 wrote:They do indeed get vaulted! There aren't many vaulted sets, but they are shown on the bottom of this page(when you view 120 items per page): https://www.funko.com/products/all/brands/mystery-minis

That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.


Do not know about you but I havent seen any series 1 boxes laying around lol. Not to mention I do not think anyone wants those big boxes back

Definitely don't want those ratios back lol But yeah, haven't seen any of those in a long time, so it's just odd that they aren't vaulted.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), Nebula, War Machine (Common cases)

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4938
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm

kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:That list is interesting! Like Game of Thrones series 1 is in the top list, but Game of Thrones series 2 is vaulted.


Do not know about you but I havent seen any series 1 boxes laying around lol. Not to mention I do not think anyone wants those big boxes back

Definitely don't want those ratios back lol But yeah, haven't seen any of those in a long time, so it's just odd that they aren't vaulted.


No one at Funko has probaby thought to look at it in awhile.
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PigNosePony
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: PNW

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby PigNosePony » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:12 am

These were so popular that I am ready for a second wave!
Image Image

buried_by_pops
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:46 am

I came to Funko collecting late, so I've only had minis around for a few months, but one of the ones I've had longest is Frodo. Last night, however, was the first time I ever noticed that his sword Sting is glow in the dark. I haven't seen the figure describe as GitD anywhere, so I'm just wondering if that is normal, meaning everyone's does that. I also haven't seen any indication of a chase variant for that figure.

User avatar
GetLostYouPsycho
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:35 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:I came to Funko collecting late, so I've only had minis around for a few months, but one of the ones I've had longest is Frodo. Last night, however, was the first time I ever noticed that his sword Sting is glow in the dark. I haven't seen the figure describe as GitD anywhere, so I'm just wondering if that is normal, meaning everyone's does that. I also haven't seen any indication of a chase variant for that figure.



Yes, the sword glows on all the Frodo minis.

RobinBear177
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm

I scored a Nazgul and 2 Saurons from Gamestop clearance so far :)

buried_by_pops
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buried_by_pops » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the reply GetLostYouPsycho

buried_by_pops
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 am

RobinBear177, are you ordering these online or just going to Gamestops that still have some left. It seems like getting them online would give you a better chance at something rare, if those are boxes that never made it into the wild.

RBlue30
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:I scored a Nazgul and 2 Saurons from Gamestop clearance so far :)


Thanks for the tip! I had no idea GameStop sold these. Will be checking today!
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

buried_by_pops
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Only started collecting last fall, so I missed the insanity when these were hot. Does anyone know if these made their way to Europe and Australia already? I found a European distributor whose website says common cases are expected in June 2019 and an Australian distributor whose website lists common and both exclusive cases with release dates of TBA. Just trying to figure out if there is still a chance of finding Eowyn and Lurtz without resorting to Ebay. Reading earlier posts in this thread makes it seem like buying exclusive cases won't guarantee it either, though.

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:Only started collecting last fall, so I missed the insanity when these were hot. Does anyone know if these made their way to Europe and Australia already? I found a European distributor whose website says common cases are expected in June 2019 and an Australian distributor whose website lists common and both exclusive cases with release dates of TBA. Just trying to figure out if there is still a chance of finding Eowyn and Lurtz without resorting to Ebay. Reading earlier posts in this thread makes it seem like buying exclusive cases won't guarantee it either, though.

Unfortunately Popculcha looks to be out of stock, not sure about other retailers. As you said, buying an exclusive case is not a guarantee since the two you listed are 1/72s so you'd have to get really lucky and get the magic cases that have those two.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), Nebula, War Machine (Common cases)

User avatar
FuegoGlorious
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby FuegoGlorious » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:58 am

Bought a few on sale $1 boxes, snagged sauron and pippin.
:SW7a:

buried_by_pops
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buried_by_pops » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks for the tip Fuego! I got Galadriel, Sauron, Pippin, and Merry for my set and was able to put together a nearly complete set for a friend. Now I just need the Nazgul (and the Hot Topic exclusives, but I have a mortgage to pay too lol ). Every store in my area had exactly one display case worth of these on clearance, unfortunately only one of them still had them in the case, so I had to buy all 12 at the other stores (I feel strange about weighing in-store, especially small ones like GameStops, not that it would have helped with the hobbits all being so similar).

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 1010
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby bakivali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:34 pm

I wonder if there will be another set for the future Amazon show when that comes out.

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 pm

No way I can justify paying the eBay prices for the HT exclusives, which is a shame since they’re all I’m missing (and Merry).

Oh well...here’s hoping for a series 2!


Return to “Blind Bags”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: franzsy0519