Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Grex54

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Grex54 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:32 pm

Sanzdaman808 wrote:Aaaaaaaahhh!! I just took an eBay uppercut to the face!! ](*,) Lol I'm not happy I had to come out of pocket for a Witch-King but in my experience as a MM collector, you can end up spending more than those evil eBay prices just trying to get the one MM you want so I can't beat myself up too much.

At the end of the day I get more p*** buying a bunch of MM boxes looking one one and spending crazy money rather than paying top dollar once. =D>

I agree, when it comes to paying ebay prices for a mini I always judge the price against whether or not the probability is higher of me finding it in a case.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:54 am

I just realized Frodo's sword glows in the dark. #-o Guess I need to pay better attention. lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Grex54 wrote:I just realized Frodo's sword glows in the dark. #-o Guess I need to pay better attention. lol

oh dang! thanks for the heads up!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 pm

Grex54 wrote:I just realized Frodo's sword glows in the dark. #-o Guess I need to pay better attention. lol

Wow, cool detail!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 am

you fool, that means there's orcs nearby!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:12 am

I was so hoping my Hot Topics were going to get these last week when I was still off work :( so far have just found 2 regular cases at a local collecti le store neither of which had the 1/72 arwen or ringwraith. Only non-commons I've found have been Merry, Pippin, Gollum and Sauron. The quest continues!!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 am

Grex54 wrote:
Sanzdaman808 wrote:Aaaaaaaahhh!! I just took an eBay uppercut to the face!! ](*,) Lol I'm not happy I had to come out of pocket for a Witch-King but in my experience as a MM collector, you can end up spending more than those evil eBay prices just trying to get the one MM you want so I can't beat myself up too much.

At the end of the day I get more p*** buying a bunch of MM boxes looking one one and spending crazy money rather than paying top dollar once. =D>

I agree, when it comes to paying ebay prices for a mini I always judge the price against whether or not the probability is higher of me finding it in a case.

For what its worth I find the price of the rarest one tends to go down for at least 6-9 months post release before it starts going up again. I waited 6 months to get Target Anti-Venom from the Spider-man set and it had halved by the time I got it. If MM teach one thing it sure is patience.

Now here's to hoping HT still has any left at Hot Cash time (can't get there before then due to work travel), otherwise I'll be waiting a while heh.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am

With the cost of buying multiple, gas , time driving and calling places it may not be ask exciting but it sometimes really is easier and cheaper.

Honestly considering it for Eowyn cause I think she will only go up.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Sanzdaman808

Postby Sanzdaman808 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 am

hailmary25 wrote:

With the cost of buying multiple, gas , time driving and calling places it may not be ask exciting but it sometimes really is easier and cheaper.

Honestly considering it for Eowyn cause I think she will only go up.

You ain't lying!! I've seen some as high as $200!! I'd rather not....lol

Sanzdaman808

Postby Sanzdaman808 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 am

FYI I was at my mall yesterday and at my HT, just about all the LOTR MM were sold out. I myself bought an entire case when they dropped and on that day I saw 3 cases so I hope they are doing well so perhaps we get a second wave. Here's hoping

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Sanzdaman808 wrote:FYI I was at my mall yesterday and at my HT, just about all the LOTR MM were sold out. I myself bought an entire case when they dropped and on that day I saw 3 cases so I hope they are doing well so perhaps we get a second wave. Here's hoping

I am sure we will get at least 1 more wave. They sold out instantly all over NY..
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Sanzdaman808

Postby Sanzdaman808 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 pm

babasdada wrote:
Sanzdaman808 wrote:FYI I was at my mall yesterday and at my HT, just about all the LOTR MM were sold out. I myself bought an entire case when they dropped and on that day I saw 3 cases so I hope they are doing well so perhaps we get a second wave. Here's hoping

I am sure we will get at least 1 more wave. They sold out instantly all over NY..

I'm in NJ so our area have been buying up these things like gangbusters

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Has the Barnes and noble exclusives showed up yet?
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

you fool, that means there's orcs nearby!

Uh oh. :pale:
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:Has the Barnes and noble exclusives showed up yet?

I still haven't even seen HT ones here in Cali :(

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am

Chaister87 wrote:

What is going on with Cali, did they all fall off a truck

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 am

Anyone check in with their local GS to check if rumors of them getting cases this week is true?

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:43 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Anyone check in with their local GS to check if rumors of them getting cases this week is true?

I haven't checked yet, I did read someone post that they are arriving on the 10th or so.
Dennis

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:

What is going on with Cali, did they all fall off a truck

Seriously, this reminds of the Maleficent HT exclusive pop when it first released on the east coast and it took 2 weeks for it to arrive in Cali. Everyone was calling HT and also camping at the store every day. lol
Dennis

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Anyone check in with their local GS to check if rumors of them getting cases this week is true?

I haven't checked yet, I did read someone post that they are arriving on the 10th or so.

Just went the one by my work. And they couldnt find anything in their system

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

These are out? Ah Crap!! haven't heard any word of them out here yet?
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 pm

imdustin6 wrote:These are out? Ah Crap!! haven't heard any word of them out here yet?

Some states like CA and TX have not even got their intial shipments so keep checking your HT

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
imdustin6 wrote:These are out? Ah Crap!! haven't heard any word of them out here yet?

Some states like CA and TX have not even got their intial shipments so keep checking your HT

Frealz im so sads. No sightings on the "gram" at all.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 pm

In talking to the Hot Topic employees more, it sounds like some of the states haven't sent theirs out due to year end inventory still. I would continue to check at the end of this week and next week since they should be starting shipments up again to make up for a few down days.

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Wanna get real sad? Check flip bay listings....ugh

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Do your Hot Topic stores post minis on their Instagram accounts? The ones around here don't, but that might work in our favor.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 pm

bakivali wrote:
Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Do your Hot Topic stores post minis on their Instagram accounts? The ones around here don't, but that might work in our favor.

One does and one doesn't. And I was told they only have to post Pop's that its up to them if they post other stuff. Also was told that they technically should not post until the morning off not the night before.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 pm

imdustin6 wrote:
Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Lol not desperate enough to pay those crazy rates. Especially knowing that they havent hit West Coast and also knowing that both coasts will see a restock. Desperation be ugly.

bakivali wrote:
Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yep hit and miss. I just look everywhere I can for any hints.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Geescube wrote:
imdustin6 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Lol not desperate enough to pay those crazy rates. Especially knowing that they havent hit West Coast and also knowing that both coasts will see a restock. Desperation be ugly.

The market is prolly already set for the HT 72's sad to say

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Geescube wrote:
imdustin6 wrote:

They'll tank just like they always do. These aren't Buckbeak. More will flood market once West Coast hits.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Geescube wrote:
imdustin6 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

bakivali wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Yep hit and miss. I just look everywhere I can for any hints.

Good to know, thanks. I always check the two stores by me but they both have commented that they only post Pops and Dorbz (and sometimes random other things like plushies and shirts).

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

They'll tank just like they always do. These aren't Buckbeak. More will flood market once West Coast hits.

While I agree they are not buckbeak I do not think they will come down much from current levels. I know a lot of places haven't gotten their initial stock let alone restock. But once that happens and no more are coming people will have no choice to head to ebay.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Geescube wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

While I agree they are not buckbeak I do not think they will come down much from current levels. I know a lot of places haven't gotten their initial stock let alone restock. But once that happens and no more are coming people will have no choice to head to ebay.

Way too early to say prices will hold at current (IMHO of course). In the meantime once the other coast gets, the initial prices will come down. Just like they did for HT Horror 3, and HT Walking Dead 4, and HT Harry Potter 2. Of course its natural for prices to come back up once stock is dried up. Regardless, I will not be paying any ebay rates or PPG trade rates for that Witch King that I desire.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

The prices will probably depend on how many times they get restocked as well. I think Harry Potter ones only got restocked two times or so for most stores.

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am

I hear you...really like that witch king and sauron but those eBay prices not gonna go for that right now

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

imdustin6 wrote:I hear you...really like that witch king and sauron but those eBay prices not gonna go for that right now

I feel like Sauron, Saurmon, Galadriel, Gollum which can be found in common cases will drop. Exclusives no Idea.

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am

hailmary25 wrote:
imdustin6 wrote:I hear you...really like that witch king and sauron but those eBay prices not gonna go for that right now

I feel like Sauron, Saurmon, Galadriel, Gollum which can be found in common cases will drop. Exclusives no Idea.

GITD Galdriel/ invisible Frodo/ Gold Gimli are B&N and Lurtz/Witch King/Eowyn are HT

funko_poptography_89

Postby funko_poptography_89 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:55 am

Strange they haven't reached the West Coast yet! Sadly, flippers will flip. If people didn't feel desperate and buy them right away, prices would have to go down. Simple fact. However, distribution certainly can be better. Still haven't seen a common case or heard about Barnes and Noble.

Hopefully this set is easier to complete that The Last Jedi, for example. I have no confidence that my Walmarts will ever stock them and Unmasked Kylo continues to be impossible to find. (Hope that's not too much of a tangent). Good luck to everyone working on this set!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am

funko_poptography_89 wrote:Strange they haven't reached the West Coast yet! Sadly, flippers will flip. If people didn't feel desperate and buy them right away, prices would have to go down. Simple fact. However, distribution certainly can be better. Still haven't seen a common case or heard about Barnes and Noble.

Hopefully this set is easier to complete that The Last Jedi, for example. I have no confidence that my Walmarts will ever stock them and Unmasked Kylo continues to be impossible to find. (Hope that's not too much of a tangent). Good luck to everyone working on this set!

Stores in PA/DE will prolly get restocks before CA gets initial.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am

We stopped at Barnes and Noble yesterday and they didn't have them in their system yet. She said that sometimes they don't get them into the system until right when they ship though, so we should keep asking.

Return to “Blind Bags”