Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
GundamJaeger

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby GundamJaeger » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Just pulled another Golden Gimli if anyone wants to trade for it lemme know. :)

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm

purplesour2000 wrote:Image
So excited to complete this, had to share...

Someone showed this to me and it convinced me to try. I got the witch king and 4 nazgul...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I do need to trade spare Arwens for Nazgul

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 pm

So, I just want to make sure about the sweet spots (before I thought Barnes and regular are the same, but I think the regular is different now).

Regular: TBL
Barnes: TFL
Hot Topic: TFR
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

GundamJaeger

Postby GundamJaeger » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 pm

GundamJaeger wrote:Just pulled another Golden Gimli if anyone wants to trade for it lemme know. :)

Also have an extra invisible Frodo too. Message me if anyone wants to trade, thank you.

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 pm

anm00727 wrote:So, I just want to make sure about the sweet spots (before I thought Barnes and regular are the same, but I think the regular is different now).

Barnes can be TFL (Arwen, Galadriel?) or TBL (Nazgul) or BFR (Sauron) I believe, someone else can confirm or correct me. Though we had a layout pic with Sauron in that slot several pages back. Additionally BBL (Gold Gimli) BFL & BML are Invisible Frodo. and the spots that aren't the 1/36 or 1/72 end up being the 1/24 slots.

Edit: Incorrectly had the placements for Frodo on the right, but it is indeed the left, no idea why I put R instead of L.
Last edited by Velmeran on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mystery_Mini_God

Postby Mystery_Mini_God » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:18 pm

‘I’ don’t have any :/
Minis: 1,799 (no doubles)
Sets completed: 102
Complete on all sets achieved on February 24th, 2018.
#TheyAllComeHome

Instagram: Os_the_mystery_mini_hunter

YouTube: Mystery Mini God Os

Find assistance at my FB group @ Funko Mystery Minis Hunt: Buy & Sale/Trade/Chat

Come on in... You’ll love us! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Velmeran wrote:
anm00727 wrote:So, I just want to make sure about the sweet spots (before I thought Barnes and regular are the same, but I think the regular is different now).

Barnes can be TFL (Arwen, Galadriel?) or TBL (Nazgul) or BFR (Sauron) I believe, someone else can confirm or correct me. Though we had a layout pic with Sauron in that slot several pages back. Additionally BBL (Gold Gimli) BFR & BMR are Invisible Frodo. and the spots that aren't the 1/36 or 1/72 end up being the 1/24 slots.

ah makes sense. im mainly concerned with regular case as Barnes isnt in canada and HT is in another province! Confused if the sweet spot for regular is TBL or TFL (or both!). theres also another spot for 1/24 thats BFR i think

ISO:

CrownlessKing

Postby CrownlessKing » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 pm

The TFL is either GITD Galadriel, Arwen or Pippin. Not sure about merry. I can confirm this cause I picked from 4 fresh cases and got two GITD Galadriels, Arwen & Pippin.

CrownlessKing

Postby CrownlessKing » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Velmeran wrote:

Barnes can be TFL (Arwen, Galadriel?) or TBL (Nazgul) or BFR (Sauron) I believe, someone else can confirm or correct me. Though we had a layout pic with Sauron in that slot several pages back. Additionally BBL (Gold Gimli) BFR & BMR are Invisible Frodo. and the spots that aren't the 1/36 or 1/72 end up being the 1/24 slots.

I’ve been through most of the Barnes and nobles cases than HT & never touched a regular case before. This is the layout I got by the majority of the fresh cases I picked.

TFL - GITD Galadriel, Pippin (maybe Merry) & Arwen.
TML - Boromir
TBL - Gollum, Merry, Pippin & Nazgul
TFR - Samwise
TMR - Samwise again...
TBR - Aragorn

BFL - Invisible Frodo
BML - Invisible Frodo again
BBL - Gandalf
BFR - Saruman or Sauron
BMR - Legolas
BBR - Gold Gimli

I can guarantee you this is 99% correct just because I’ve been through 21 boxes of just the ones at B&N and got lucky with just one box (was the witch king) at my local HT. Would be helpful to know where the regular Galadriel, Frodo & Gimli is in the other retail boxes. I hope this helps everyone!

uhh

Postby uhh » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm

CrownlessKing wrote:

The TFL is either GITD Galadriel, Arwen or Pippin. Not sure about merry. I can confirm this cause I picked from 4 fresh cases and got two GITD Galadriels, Arwen & Pippin.

Can also vouch for this. Local Barnes had 5 cases of lotr I bought the tfl on 3 of them trying to get Arwen. Got 3 GITD Galadriels :(

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

uhh wrote:
CrownlessKing wrote:

Can also vouch for this. Local Barnes had 5 cases of lotr I bought the tfl on 3 of them trying to get Arwen. Got 3 GITD Galadriels :(

I had the exact opposite problem around my area, kept finding Arwen cases but have had a heck of a time trying to locate a second Glowadriel for a fellow funatic

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:14 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
uhh wrote:
CrownlessKing wrote:

I had the exact opposite problem around my area, kept finding Arwen cases but have had a heck of a time trying to locate a second Glowadriel for a fellow funatic

id be happy to take one of those arwens off you hands lol

ISO:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:57 pm

anm00727 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
uhh wrote:

id be happy to take one of those arwens off you hands lol

Lol the extras I found were given to a couple of friends still filling in their sets but I’ll be glad to help you out if I come across anymore

Dayhiker

Postby Dayhiker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm

captaincheddarjack wrote:
Dayhiker wrote:thanks! I got the shadow box display from Michael's but they don't fit the taller minis.

If it’s the same one I have, you can set the display horizontally and the center two squares are y’all enough to fit the witch king (but not Sauron)...

thanks for the advice! Sauron goes on top!

Dayhiker

Postby Dayhiker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
purplesour2000 wrote:Image
So excited to complete this, had to share...

Someone showed this to me and it convinced me to try. I got the witch king and 4 nazgul...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I do need to trade spare Arwens for Nazgul

guilty!

Dayhiker

Postby Dayhiker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:52 pm

dont know if this the right place for it but i have an extra galadriel and arwen for anyone with an extra nazgul, lurtz or eowyn...thanks!

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 am

Dayhiker wrote:thanks! I got the shadow box display from Michael's but they don't fit the taller minis.

Good to know, thank you! :)
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am

snowsiren wrote:

Good to know, thank you! :)

A friend of mine used a baseball display case for his Star Wars, since a couple didn’t fit in a shot glass case.

Definitely worth looking into
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 am

While I'm happy to have completed the series, I honestly feel a bit sad that the hunt is over. I was really enjoying tracking these down. I could go for the full set of Nazgul, but I'm not really sure I want to bother with that even though they look really amazing together.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm

I managed to buy a case today. Still need Merry, Pippin and Arwen (not too bothered about the Nazgul or Sauron) but these are amazing minis. I really do hope there's a second series with Treebeard, Eomer and Faramir among others.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:I managed to buy a case today. Still need Merry, Pippin and Arwen (not too bothered about the Nazgul or Sauron) but these are amazing minis. I really do hope there's a second series with Treebeard, Eomer and Faramir among others.

Yes. I want another set so badly.

My dream list would be:

Treebeard
Orcs (1/6 so we can army build)
King of the Dead (green GITD exclusive)
King Aragorn
Denethor (on fire exclusive)
Fell Beast
Balrog
Theoden (be-spelled version exclusive)
Grima Wormtongue
Flaming Nazgul
Galadhrim Warrior (again a 1/6)
Elrond
Gandalf the White
Poisoned Frodo
Shelob
Uruk-Hai (1/6)
Cave troll
The Eye of Sauron
Green dress coronation Arwen

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:26 pm

How long do these releases usually last. Meaning, when will they cut it off. No more going to stores.

Frusie

Postby Frusie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
BrienneTheBlue wrote:I managed to buy a case today. Still need Merry, Pippin and Arwen (not too bothered about the Nazgul or Sauron) but these are amazing minis. I really do hope there's a second series with Treebeard, Eomer and Faramir among others.

My dream list would be:

Treebeard
King Aragorn
Fell Beast
Balrog
Grima Wormtongue
Flaming Nazgul
Elrond
Gandalf the White
Poisoned Frodo
Shelob
Uruk-Hai (1/6)
Cave troll
The Eye of Sauron

Right there with you! I love these, but man the disappointment when I don't get any of them and get repeats. haha

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Kevin926 wrote:How long do these releases usually last. Meaning, when will they cut it off. No more going to stores.

It's honestly hard to predict. HT and BN may see a few more re-stocks, but it's impossible to say if/when that will happen.

The common sets will probably be around for a while.

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Kevin926 wrote:How long do these releases usually last. Meaning, when will they cut it off. No more going to stores.

It's honestly hard to predict. HT and BN may see a few more re-stocks, but it's impossible to say if/when that will happen.

, I hope so. I only need eowyn to complete my set. I'm just hoping I still have a shot at her. My HT is in a dying mall and understocked. You know once it's announced they are sold out, the prices will go even higher.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Kevin926 wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

, I hope so. I only need eowyn to complete my set. I'm just hoping I still have a shot at her. My HT is in a dying mall and understocked. You know once it's announced they are sold out, the prices will go even higher.

The odds are good for them re-stocking online, but of course that carries the risk of getting loads of duplicates since you don't have a nice fresh case to pull from. I got unbelievably lucky getting Eowyn from an online order, considering I only ordered one mini.

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Kevin926 wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

The odds are good for them re-stocking online, but of course that carries the risk of getting loads of duplicates since you don't have a nice fresh case to pull from. I got unbelievably lucky getting Eowyn from an online order, considering I only ordered one mini.

I ordered 4 (all individual to use a coupon with membership) and got 3 Hobbits and a Saruman :/
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Kevin926 wrote:, I hope so. I only need eowyn to complete my set. I'm just hoping I still have a shot at her. My HT is in a dying mall and understocked. You know once it's announced they are sold out, the prices will go even higher.

I ordered 4 (all individual to use a coupon with membership) and got 3 Hobbits and a Saruman :/

I'd ordered a bunch during hot cash, and got 9 non-exclusives and 10 exclusives from them and only ended up getting 2 that I actually needed. The order with Eowyn was a one-off I'd placed earlier this week when the exclusives briefly went back in stock (and I think it was just one that went back in stock, because when I tried to order 5 it told me there was only one available). It's such a crap shoot ordering online.

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:57 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

I'd ordered a bunch during hot cash, and got 9 non-exclusives and 10 exclusives from them and only ended up getting 2 that I actually needed. The order with Eowyn was a one-off I'd placed earlier this week when the exclusives briefly went back in stock (and I think it was just one that went back in stock, because when I tried to order 5 it told me there was only one available). It's such a crap shoot ordering online.

You got 10 HT exclusives from an order? I ordered 30 during Hot Cash and got zero :( Hate these odds (and all the HTs near me are long out of stock).
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:

You got 10 HT exclusives from an order? I ordered 30 during Hot Cash and got zero :( Hate these odds (and all the HTs near me are long out of stock).

Oh, no. Sorry. During Hot Cash they had the non-exclusives (common minis that every other store got), and the HT exclusive set online. I got 0 of the actual exclusive Minis from the exclusive set order. It was a whole bunch of Gimli, Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas. The only ones I got that I still needed were a Nazgul and Merry.

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm

So had an OK day (found 2 small retailers with a fresh case). Got Sauron, Galadriel, Merri, Pippin (dupe) and Sauron (dupe). Unfortunately, my Galadriel has a broken hand :( wonder if theres anything Funko can do.

Was also planning on hoping the border to pick up my 23 packages (in those, i had 12 HT and 12 BN boxes), but couldnt go. Its killing me!

ISO:

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

anm00727 wrote:So had an OK day (found 2 small retailers with a fresh case). Got Sauron, Galadriel, Merri, Pippin (dupe) and Sauron (dupe). Unfortunately, my Galadriel has a broken hand :( wonder if theres anything Funko can do.

That sucks... From communications others have had with Funko, it's usually down to the resellers that you've bought them off to replace... I know my local store was happy to, so probably best to take your receipt back to the store?

I had a Dewey with a broken leg, but since I was having trouble finding any of the triplets at all, I ended up just super glueing it back into place, but easier to hide that under his butt than a hand...

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 pm

I would just glue it. No one will ever know.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Frusie wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

My dream list would be:

Treebeard
King Aragorn
Fell Beast
Balrog
Grima Wormtongue
Flaming Nazgul
Elrond
Gandalf the White
Poisoned Frodo
Shelob
Uruk-Hai (1/6)
Cave troll
The Eye of Sauron

Right there with you! I love these, but man the disappointment when I don't get any of them and get repeats. haha

Throw in Eowyn in White (as we don't get HT exclusives over here), Faramir and Eomer and I'd be happy. I might be in the minority but I'd rather have the elves/hobbits/humans than the beasts and army building characters.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Someone in my local Facebook group got a GITD Galadriel, but her head and one part of her hair at the front were broken off. The chunk of her hair wasn't even in the package so even gluing it didn't fully fix it.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:Someone in my local Facebook group got a GITD Galadriel, but her head and one part of her hair at the front were broken off. The chunk of her hair wasn't even in the package so even gluing it didn't fully fix it.

I also read somewhere that someone pulled her and a hand was missing. I'd be mad lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

Oh, no. Sorry. During Hot Cash they had the non-exclusives (common minis that every other store got), and the HT exclusive set online. I got 0 of the actual exclusive Minis from the exclusive set order. It was a whole bunch of Gimli, Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas. The only ones I got that I still needed were a Nazgul and Merry.

Ah that makes sense. I also ordered some of the non-exclusives too, but they haven't shipped to the store yet for some reason.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:

Ah that makes sense. I also ordered some of the non-exclusives too, but they haven't shipped to the store yet for some reason.

Have you checked with the store, just in case? I've found they don't always notify you when stuff ships/arrives at HT and Box Lunch. The manager at my local HT just sends me a Facebook message half the time when my stuff comes in, because a lot of the time I have no idea it's been delivered.

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Is there a link to HT exclusives. They don't show any in the search results.

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:53 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

Have you checked with the store, just in case? I've found they don't always notify you when stuff ships/arrives at HT and Box Lunch. The manager at my local HT just sends me a Facebook message half the time when my stuff comes in, because a lot of the time I have no idea it's been delivered.

I've picked up my other orders on successive weekends, planning to go again next week as I had some more stuff coming in (they separated some of my orders into 3 shipments lol). Pretty sure those are the one thing that hasn't shipped yet, though its possible they did it without emailing as you said, as they are more than a bit disorganized

Return to “Blind Bags”