Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Kito87
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:45 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Kito87 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:48 am

Got one at my Local TrU and pulled Gandalf was trying for Sauron, but can't be too upset.
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

User avatar
Geescube
Hall of Fame Class of 2016
Hall of Fame Class of 2016
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Geescube » Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 am

Kito87 wrote:Got one at my Local TrU and pulled Gandalf was trying for Sauron, but can't be too upset.


Gandalf and Gimli are heaviest in the common boxes.

Sauron is spot on with Boromir, Aragorn and Legolas but if you shake top to bottom you will realize how tall he is
#LongLiveKingstache
Image

Kito87
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:45 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Kito87 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:26 am

Geescube wrote:
Kito87 wrote:Got one at my Local TrU and pulled Gandalf was trying for Sauron, but can't be too upset.


Gandalf and Gimli are heaviest in the common boxes.

Sauron is spot on with Boromir, Aragorn and Legolas but if you shake top to bottom you will realize how tall he is


Good to know. Thanks for the hint...
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

Popfanatics
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Popfanatics » Tue May 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Velmeran wrote:Anyone has a restock at their HT within the last 3 weeks, or are those still looking for an HT exclusive pretty much SOL?

I still ask every week...Never give up hope!
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

User avatar
buddylee
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buddylee » Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 am

Popfanatics wrote:
Velmeran wrote:Anyone has a restock at their HT within the last 3 weeks, or are those still looking for an HT exclusive pretty much SOL?

I still ask every week...Never give up hope!


it's kind of crazy how few of these hit stores. Most of my local shops only got 1-2 cases and that was it. Definitely under produced.

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am

buddylee wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
Velmeran wrote:Anyone has a restock at their HT within the last 3 weeks, or are those still looking for an HT exclusive pretty much SOL?

I still ask every week...Never give up hope!


it's kind of crazy how few of these hit stores. Most of my local shops only got 1-2 cases and that was it. Definitely under produced.

Same, they only got 1 case initially, and then restocked once with 1 case. The other side of town got 2 cases first, then another 2. Only got 2 Witch Kings out of the 6 (the rest were Galadriels ;_;).
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)

PaleRiderOfDoom
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 am
Location: Winchester, Ky
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 am

Yeah. Our HT didn’t get many. I lucked and pulled Lurtz but still need the other two and Arwen...who still alludes me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY

User avatar
buddylee
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby buddylee » Mon May 07, 2018 2:01 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Yeah. Our HT didn’t get many. I lucked and pulled Lurtz but still need the other two and Arwen...who still alludes me.


I would love a Lurtz but I think that ship sailed. I got the one I wanted most though, Witch King!

PaleRiderOfDoom
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 am
Location: Winchester, Ky
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon May 07, 2018 10:18 pm

buddylee wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Yeah. Our HT didn’t get many. I lucked and pulled Lurtz but still need the other two and Arwen...who still alludes me.


I would love a Lurtz but I think that ship sailed. I got the one I wanted most though, Witch King!


That’s awesome! The Witch King is so rad.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY

jcrook
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:34 am
Location: Texas

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby jcrook » Mon May 07, 2018 11:53 pm

buddylee wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Yeah. Our HT didn’t get many. I lucked and pulled Lurtz but still need the other two and Arwen...who still alludes me.


I would love a Lurtz but I think that ship sailed. I got the one I wanted most though, Witch King!

Consider yourself lucky, good pull.
I go by Crook.

Popfanatics
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Popfanatics » Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 am

kihou wrote:Same, they only got 1 case initially, and then restocked once with 1 case. The other side of town got 2 cases first, then another 2. Only got 2 Witch Kings out of the 6 (the rest were Galadriels ;_;).

My ht got 1 case initially and 1 restock. Both we’re Galadriel cases :(
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

User avatar
AnyGivenFunko
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am

I’m still hoping for a restock.
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Mystery Minis

Image

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby bakivali » Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I’m still hoping for a restock.

I assume they would restock. It’s not like it’s tied to a recent movie and it’s not like there’s many more characters to support a second wave.

User avatar
Brycifer666
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 am
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Brycifer666 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Anybody hoping for a series 2 of sorts with only Hobbit Characters? I really want a Smaug mini lol

allcutethings2
Posts: 1382
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Location: Lost in a book
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:Anybody hoping for a series 2 of sorts with only Hobbit Characters? I really want a Smaug mini lol


I would love to see a Smaug mini! Really hope they do a second series of more LOTR specific characters too.
ISO Porg Minis, Shadow Heartless, and Mage Heartless minis

Pops: 383
Dorbz: 118
Mystery Minis: 350
PSH: 125
Rock Candy: 8
Hikari: 18


Instagram: @allcutethings2

Want list! Always willing to trade!
https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 1LN4C5FC4/

M37R01D
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby M37R01D » Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Love this set. Just need 5 more Nazgul and ill be 110% complete

RBlue30
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:23 pm

has anyone seen any restocks anywhere?
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

User avatar
GetLostYouPsycho
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed May 09, 2018 4:34 pm

RBlue30 wrote:has anyone seen any restocks anywhere?


My local FYE keeps re-stocking them a case at a time, but they're the only ones I've seen around here who keep getting in new cases. My BNs did multiple re-stocks but now they seem to have stopped.

User avatar
d3postman
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby d3postman » Wed May 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Restocks are not as common as I would have hoped. I messed up and should have purchased more during their initial wave
Image

User avatar
jeffcrazy
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:35 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu May 10, 2018 12:21 am

so many hobbits... so... many... hobbits...
Image

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Pryde72 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 am

jeffcrazy wrote:so many hobbits... so... many... hobbits...


And yet Merry still eludes me....Pippin on the other hand... ](*,) ](*,)

RBlue30
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:has anyone seen any restocks anywhere?


My local FYE keeps re-stocking them a case at a time, but they're the only ones I've seen around here who keep getting in new cases. My BNs did multiple re-stocks but now they seem to have stopped.


oh dang the closet FYE is about 45 mins away. Thanks for the heads up tho! might have to check it out this weekend
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

RBlue30
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 am

d3postman wrote:Restocks are not as common as I would have hoped. I messed up and should have purchased more during their initial wave


yea seriously. I thought they would be over produced like the common five nights at freddys. Guess not..
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

User avatar
jeffcrazy
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:35 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu May 10, 2018 4:07 am

Pryde72 wrote:
jeffcrazy wrote:so many hobbits... so... many... hobbits...


And yet Merry still eludes me....Pippin on the other hand... ](*,) ](*,)


Funny, I got Merry but no Pippen... but like 6 Frodos and Sams - but I've given up for now, I figured since I own case of the common hobbits it's time to stop buying these.

As far as restocks, I live by a B&N but like *NOBODY* ever buys the minis there. It doesn't help that they're not centrally located - I can't really explain how the store has them because I don't understand most of it lol I mean there's a few together with the pops, but then you find the kid-centric minis over by legos (like Dr Suess, etc), then on shelves by like super nerd books (role playing things? I don't even know - there's some star wars series with game pieces but and stuff like tht) where I've found LOTR minis and then random Marvel ones there. Star Wars and Harry Potter have their own devoted spaces. But nobody ever buys them.
Image

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Pryde72 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
jeffcrazy wrote:so many hobbits... so... many... hobbits...


And yet Merry still eludes me....Pippin on the other hand... ](*,) ](*,)


Funny, I got Merry but no Pippen... but like 6 Frodos and Sams - but I've given up for now, I figured since I own case of the common hobbits it's time to stop buying these.

As far as restocks, I live by a B&N but like *NOBODY* ever buys the minis there. It doesn't help that they're not centrally located - I can't really explain how the store has them because I don't understand most of it lol I mean there's a few together with the pops, but then you find the kid-centric minis over by legos (like Dr Suess, etc), then on shelves by like super nerd books (role playing things? I don't even know - there's some star wars series with game pieces but and stuff like tht) where I've found LOTR minis and then random Marvel ones there. Star Wars and Harry Potter have their own devoted spaces. But nobody ever buys them.


I’m more than happy to trade you a Pippin for a Merry :)

I seem to have an abundance of the dang Hobbits lol

legofan2006
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby legofan2006 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 pm

So i bought my first lot of these today. My first mystery minis ever. Didnt land anything spectacular. Best i got was Galadriel which im really chuffed with as its a really nice figure. Got a frodo, boromir, gandalf, 2 sam and Saruman. Quite happy with the extra Saruman as im sure he will be easy trade here in the UK.

Got a quick question about buying multiple boxes of 12s. Ive got a couple of friends who are intetested in buying quite a few in bulk with me. If you purchase 6 sets of 12 will you be guaranteed to get at least one of each mini?

How are these normally shipped do you get like 6 sets of 12 boxes in a case?

Thanks in advance

kdmlvr
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kdmlvr » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

I was able to pull the barnes and noble and hot topic ones for a friend
My house has too many funko items
To be married to a fellow funatic.

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby kihou » Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

legofan2006 wrote:So i bought my first lot of these today. My first mystery minis ever. Didnt land anything spectacular. Best i got was Galadriel which im really chuffed with as its a really nice figure. Got a frodo, boromir, gandalf, 2 sam and Saruman. Quite happy with the extra Saruman as im sure he will be easy trade here in the UK.

Got a quick question about buying multiple boxes of 12s. Ive got a couple of friends who are intetested in buying quite a few in bulk with me. If you purchase 6 sets of 12 will you be guaranteed to get at least one of each mini?

How are these normally shipped do you get like 6 sets of 12 boxes in a case?

Thanks in advance

So, if you are able to secure a master case, that is 6 cases of 12 boxes each. If you can guarantee it is a master case and not just 6 random cases bundled together, then you can be guaranteed at least one of each (only one of each 1/72, but multiples of the others).
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)

legofan2006
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby legofan2006 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 am

kihou wrote:
legofan2006 wrote:So i bought my first lot of these today. My first mystery minis ever. Didnt land anything spectacular. Best i got was Galadriel which im really chuffed with as its a really nice figure. Got a frodo, boromir, gandalf, 2 sam and Saruman. Quite happy with the extra Saruman as im sure he will be easy trade here in the UK.

Got a quick question about buying multiple boxes of 12s. Ive got a couple of friends who are intetested in buying quite a few in bulk with me. If you purchase 6 sets of 12 will you be guaranteed to get at least one of each mini?

How are these normally shipped do you get like 6 sets of 12 boxes in a case?

Thanks in advance

So, if you are able to secure a master case, that is 6 cases of 12 boxes each. If you can guarantee it is a master case and not just 6 random cases bundled together, then you can be guaranteed at least one of each (only one of each 1/72, but multiples of the others).



Thanks for the info.

User avatar
atreyu2112
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby atreyu2112 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey all. Can you post how you're displaying your LotR MMs?

My wife and I are trying to figure out how to get them off a shelf & we bought the shot glass display from Michael's, but the openings are too small for Gandalf, Witch-King, Gimli & the Nazgul really didn't fit at all. They'd have to be turned too much at an angle and it just looks bad.

We're looking for something similar to display them on a wall like that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Grex54
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Grex54 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Image
I like these stepped containers for displaying minis.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

User avatar
TheWordWizard
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby TheWordWizard » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 am

Anybody still finding these anywhere? It seems all the stores in my area have sold out. :/

DaleDobeck
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby DaleDobeck » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:00 pm

TheWordWizard wrote:Anybody still finding these anywhere? It seems all the stores in my area have sold out. :/


The target near me keeps stocking them. Only thing they ever seem to have lol

Saw a fresh box at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago too. So they’re still out there.

RobinBear177
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:06 pm

My target has 3 cases of them

RBlue30
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:Anybody still finding these anywhere? It seems all the stores in my area have sold out. :/


The target near me keeps stocking them. Only thing they ever seem to have lol

Saw a fresh box at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago too. So they’re still out there.


Oh dang! Was it an exclusive case or a common case?
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

DaleDobeck
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby DaleDobeck » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:Anybody still finding these anywhere? It seems all the stores in my area have sold out. :/


The target near me keeps stocking them. Only thing they ever seem to have lol

Saw a fresh box at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago too. So they’re still out there.


Oh dang! Was it an exclusive case or a common case?



Common

RBlue30
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:24 am

DaleDobeck wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:
The target near me keeps stocking them. Only thing they ever seem to have lol

Saw a fresh box at Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago too. So they’re still out there.


Oh dang! Was it an exclusive case or a common case?



Common


Nice! Thanks! Need a couple more nazgul haha
ISO: 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/24 FYE Pennywise

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 4141
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 am

I have seen fresh untouched cases at Wal-Mart's but that doesn't help those that need HT
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
TheWordWizard
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby TheWordWizard » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:51 am

Ah, I rarely go to Target or Wal Mart, so that could be why I haven't seen them anymore! Thanks!

Dbratteli
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Dbratteli » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am

hailmary25 wrote:I have seen fresh untouched cases at Wal-Mart's but that doesn't help those that need HT


Good to know, will have to check out walmarts.

I have given up on HT set
:freddy3:


Return to “Blind Bags”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users