Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
bizzydesigner

Re: Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I noticed that all the hot topics and targets in my area (Orange County, CA) no longer have anymore restocks on these minis. Looks like it may have to be ebay for the last few that i need.

Yeah I just did that with Groot. Figured I'd do that now before it really got out of hand. I'm not putting the whole set together (although some how I'm closer than not outside of HT exclusives and two more Targets lol) but I needed Groot!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I noticed that all the hot topics and targets in my area (Orange County, CA) no longer have anymore restocks on these minis. Looks like it may have to be ebay for the last few that i need.

My Targets (central Maryland) just put them out a week and a half ago, and the exclusive cases were raided quickly. If the rumors are true about no restocks, that is total bullshit.

Lujans_Life

Postby Lujans_Life » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 am

I saw a restock at a local Wal-Mart a week ago and I found an empty box at a target this past weekend. I'm hoping I find a few more exclusive boxes but it's looking slim
:freddy3: Current Top 5 According to PPG 1) SDCC Headless Ned 2) SDCC Metallic Toy Story Alien 3) SDCC Jax Teller 4) Giant Maleficent 5) SDCC Metallic Red Hulk
I'm just a dog chasing his tail, I don't know what I would do if I actually caught it

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 pm

nightschwing wrote:

My Targets (central Maryland) just put them out a week and a half ago, and the exclusive cases were raided quickly. If the rumors are true about no restocks, that is total bullshit.

Same here, i was really surprised that multiple targets had not one single mini left for infinity war. It was literally empty cases, for three targets that i tried.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Same here, i was really surprised that multiple targets had not one single mini left for infinity war. It was literally empty cases, for three targets that i tried.

This is super aggravating because the five Targets around me all showed the DPCI in stock on Brickseek in the middle of April. I was hitting them up every other day for the two weeks before the movie’s release, but they weren’t on the shelf, and the employees didn’t know where they were in the stockroom. Then a few days before the movie opened, I pulled a neck muscle and couldn’t move. When I felt better and resumed stalking Targets at the end of the weekend, most had empty cases on the shelves. A few had leftovers, but they were all combinations of Iron Man, Ebony Maw, Thor and Thanos. I wasn’t too too bummed because I’d figure they’d restock at least once. After all, this is only probably the biggest movie of the year. Now I wonder why I started collecting this line at all.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:46 pm

nightschwing wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Same here, i was really surprised that multiple targets had not one single mini left for infinity war. It was literally empty cases, for three targets that i tried.

This is super aggravating because the five Targets around me all showed the DPCI in stock on Brickseek in the middle of April. I was hitting them up every other day for the two weeks before the movie’s release, but they weren’t on the shelf, and the employees didn’t know where they were in the stockroom. Then a few days before the movie opened, I pulled a neck muscle and couldn’t move. When I felt better and resumed stalking Targets at the end of the weekend, most had empty cases on the shelves. A few had leftovers, but they were all combinations of Iron Man, Ebony Maw, Thor and Thanos. I wasn’t too too bummed because I’d figure they’d restock at least once. After all, this is only probably the biggest movie of the year. Now I wonder why I started collecting this line at all.

Target is THE worst when it comes to stocking stuff. I think some of their overnight people are just lazy or inept at how to stock stuff. Yea...I've had issues w/ mine for the past 5 weeks regarding Lego minifigures. lol

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu May 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

Target is THE worst when it comes to stocking stuff. I think some of their overnight people are just lazy or inept at how to stock stuff. Yea...I've had issues w/ mine for the past 5 weeks regarding Lego minifigures. lol

One of the Target guys that I chat with a lot says that sometimes the shipment gets put in "softlines" like clothes because of their DPCI numbers. This is why sometimes they get the shipment in, but they can't find them.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:18 pm

I got super lucky when I went back home to visit! Went to a Walmart to hunt for pops and saw about 5 cases of these. Went through trying to find Hulkbuster and saw an opened one. Looked to see what it was and Bam!!! 1/72 Walmart Falcon!! Went straight to self checkout after that!
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Thu May 10, 2018 5:22 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

Same here, i was really surprised that multiple targets had not one single mini left for infinity war. It was literally empty cases, for three targets that i tried.

This is basically the same story at my local target. :mad:

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Anybody else kinda want an In Memoriam set from this movie? I'm just a sucker for muted color minis probably lol

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

A few of my local Targets still have them, but the boxes have been cut open so it's obvious anything good has been taken already.

Magnus1
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Magnus1 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I can't believe the after market price for Captain America. My friends daughter really wants him, but no luck. I do like the way Gamora and Thor looks.
ImageImageImage
My name is David

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu May 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:Anybody else kinda want an In Memoriam set from this movie? I'm just a sucker for muted color minis probably lol

Too Soon -___-

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Geescube wrote:
Brycifer666 wrote:Anybody else kinda want an In Memoriam set from this movie? I'm just a sucker for muted color minis probably lol

Too Soon -___-

Hey we gotta get it before they all get brought back in the next one so I think it's about right

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Too Soon -___-

Hey we gotta get it before they all get brought back in the next one so I think it's about right

Pass

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:44 am

We def need a Series 2 with Star Lord, Rocket, Scarlet Witch, Okoye, M'baku, Shuri, Loki, Nebula, Mantis, & Wong.

I know it's not alot of A-List Avengers but all are crucial characters imo and it'd be awesome to have everyone represented.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 am

Esko5150 wrote:We def need a Series 2 with Star Lord, Rocket, Scarlet Witch, Okoye, M'baku, Shuri, Loki, Nebula, Mantis, & Wong.

I know it's not alot of A-List Avengers but all are crucial characters imo and it'd be awesome to have everyone represented.

This <3

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:Yep, I always carry my scale! I use this one personally: https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-SWS1 ... 00EPO9M2Y/

Usually I just take the box, find a shelf or space with a flat surface so the scale is level, then weigh each one in order and draw it out in a little diagram on my phone. This can sometimes help with understanding layouts (usually the two 1/6s are side by side, Gamora and Hulk are side by side, and the uncommon and the rare are side by side). It can help narrow down some possibilities if the weights are really close.

If anyone asks, I just show them the scale and say that I'm not opening or damaging the boxes.

I diagram it out too, so much easier that way to try to figure out who is where! I'm oldschool though, I carry a little notebook in my bag when I go!

I like that about not opening or damaging the boxes though, may have to give that a try! So far I mostly go "Hey, are you a cool store that doesn't care if I weight these?"

Yeah, I think employees just get suspicious if I'm feeling up every box (or especially bag for pint size heroes), so I try to show that I'm not opening it or anything. I personally haven't run into a store that doesn't allow weighing, but I tend to talk to the employees before doing anything.

LOL - the last case at Walmart for IW that I was weighing, we took to the home goods/laundry basket aisle to have quiet. An employee from that area stopped, looked at us for a bit, and finally asked what we were doing. I explained what we were doing, how you don't know what's in the boxes, but the scale gives you a decent guess. I assured her I'd put the boxes back in the toy section when we were done so she wouldn't have to clean up a mess. She honest to goodness SNORTED, said "Oh, I don't care about that, good luck to you" and walked off. Made my night, not gonna lie!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

Which makes absolutely no sense to me. If something sells out, and rather quickly at that, wouldn't it make sense to restock the item?

I'm choosing not to believe this. Quite a few of the Targets I've been to recently had nearly full cases of HP S2, and those sold out ages ago. If they get restocks of those, I have to hope for everyone that IW gets restocked, too!
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 am

nightschwing wrote:

I thought about giving up on this set more than a few times. But the set is just so darn cool looking, and it actually has a lot of 1/72's and i love the hunt so... lol.
Plus when i pulled a 1/72 cap, i felt obligated to finish the set. I just have quite a bit to go to finish the set. But its proving to be so expensive.

kihou wrote:One of the Target guys that I chat with a lot says that sometimes the shipment gets put in "softlines" like clothes because of their DPCI numbers. This is why sometimes they get the shipment in, but they can't find them.

Good to know, maybe thats why it shows in-stock for brickseek, yet its not at the store.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 am

Geescube wrote:

Too Soon -___-

Well, and
Spoiler: show
are they really dead? Maybe a few of them, but everyone? Probably not!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

Which makes absolutely no sense to me. If something sells out, and rather quickly at that, wouldn't it make sense to restock the item?

I'm choosing not to believe this. Quite a few of the Targets I've been to recently had nearly full cases of HP S2, and those sold out ages ago. If they get restocks of those, I have to hope for everyone that IW gets restocked, too!

With the Spiderman cases, and Rick and Morty cases that had exclusives, from what I could tell each store got restocked once (1 box each time), then any time after that they got non-exclusive cases. So it is odd that they would give up on these so fast. Maybe we'll find them restocked in the fall or something silly.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

vrom

Postby vrom » Sun May 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Yeah never got a chance lol so sad. :(

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 13, 2018 3:29 pm

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:

With the Spiderman cases, and Rick and Morty cases that had exclusives, from what I could tell each store got restocked once (1 box each time), then any time after that they got non-exclusive cases. So it is odd that they would give up on these so fast. Maybe we'll find them restocked in the fall or something silly.

So let's hope for the restocks, the Targets that got the common cases will miraculously get the exclusive cases! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun May 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

So let's hope for the restocks, the Targets that got the common cases will miraculously get the exclusive cases! :cheers:

I hope you folks are right, i have a huge fear of missing out right now lol
I don't know whether i should go for the exclusives now or to wait for a possible restock; with the risk that they won't restock and the prices will be even higher. I really wanna complete this set, so this a major dilemma for me.

ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 14, 2018 12:48 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:With the Spiderman cases, and Rick and Morty cases that had exclusives, from what I could tell each store got restocked once (1 box each time), then any time after that they got non-exclusive cases. So it is odd that they would give up on these so fast. Maybe we'll find them restocked in the fall or something silly.

I don't know whether i should go for the exclusives now or to wait for a possible restock; with the risk that they won't restock and the prices will be even higher. I really wanna complete this set, so this a major dilemma for me.

I guess the real question there is, do you think the exclusives will get worse over time? If a restock happens and you get lucky, you can always sell them (to another funatic!) later...
Image ImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon May 14, 2018 1:17 am

Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:

I guess the real question there is, do you think the exclusives will get worse over time? If a restock happens and you get lucky, you can always sell them (to another funatic!) later...

Guess the best thing would be to have a set price where you'd absolutely jump at for your missing pieces. God knows when restocks will happen if any..
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 am

Find some in local Target and someone open a box with Target exclusives Vision, let it there so I bought it. Maybe is not a popular character but still a exclusive.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I hope you folks are right, i have a huge fear of missing out right now lol

Guess the best thing would be to have a set price where you'd absolutely jump at for your missing pieces. God knows when restocks will happen if any..

Hmm, i guess i will slowly starting gunning for them now. I don't want to risk waiting on a restock that may never happen and prices for some of these minis seem to be climbing. Really regret not getting gold cuff spiderman for 30ish dollars. At the time i was still debating whether or not i wanted to complete the set.

ImageImage

Lujans_Life

Postby Lujans_Life » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am

Went hunting this weekend and out of 3 targets, all 3 had the empty case filled with some other IW products. 2 targets had Ragnarok boxes so I bought those instead.
:freddy3: Current Top 5 According to PPG 1) SDCC Headless Ned 2) SDCC Metallic Toy Story Alien 3) SDCC Jax Teller 4) Giant Maleficent 5) SDCC Metallic Red Hulk
I'm just a dog chasing his tail, I don't know what I would do if I actually caught it

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Lujans_Life wrote:Went hunting this weekend and out of 3 targets, all 3 had the empty case filled with some other IW products. 2 targets had Ragnarok boxes so I bought those instead.

At least you were able to score something!

Lujans_Life

Postby Lujans_Life » Mon May 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
Lujans_Life wrote:Went hunting this weekend and out of 3 targets, all 3 had the empty case filled with some other IW products. 2 targets had Ragnarok boxes so I bought those instead.

At least you were able to score something!

Yea I was actually surprised they had them still and left pretty happy and that was before I even opened the boxes

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Kito87 wrote:I got super lucky when I went back home to visit! Went to a Walmart to hunt for pops and saw about 5 cases of these. Went through trying to find Hulkbuster and saw an opened one. Looked to see what it was and Bam!!! 1/72 Walmart Falcon!! Went straight to self checkout after that!

Maybe a kid open it and doesn't like the character, they don't know is a short print one or not. Happy for you to score it.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Lakers wrote:
Kito87 wrote:I got super lucky when I went back home to visit! Went to a Walmart to hunt for pops and saw about 5 cases of these. Went through trying to find Hulkbuster and saw an opened one. Looked to see what it was and Bam!!! 1/72 Walmart Falcon!! Went straight to self checkout after that!

Maybe a kid open it and doesn't like the character, they don't know is a short print one or not. Happy for you to score it.

wow!you are a lucky person :D wanted to get that mini badly
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

philipali wrote:
Lakers wrote:

wow!you are a lucky person :D wanted to get that mini badly

Ya, I was shocked! Took it and ran though, to the checkout. Lol
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

Lujans_Life

Postby Lujans_Life » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Just got back from Wal-Mart. They had 8 blind boxes. Out of the 8, 3 were sealed, 2 were open and empty and the last 3 were open and 1/6 commons. I bought the 3 sealed boxes and who ever opened the boxes missed out, 1 exclusive iron man and 2 gamora. I'm def not complaining... but people are savages !!

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon May 14, 2018 8:01 pm

It is just frustrating to know that there's a lot of people who opened boxes in minis but these are not just collectors but also innocent kids who just look for their favorite figures
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:32 am

Lakers wrote:Find some in local Target and someone open a box with Target exclusives Vision, let it there so I bought it. Maybe is not a popular character but still a exclusive.

I can't believe someone left a exclusive Vision behind! Crazy! But lucky for you, congrats!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hmm, i guess i will slowly starting gunning for them now. I don't want to risk waiting on a restock that may never happen and prices for some of these minis seem to be climbing. Really regret not getting gold cuff spiderman for 30ish dollars. At the time i was still debating whether or not i wanted to complete the set.

Aw man, that's a steal for gold cuff Spidey! Nuts! Well, maybe another will come around again. All it takes is one person just trying to get rid of an extra!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 am

Lujans_Life wrote:Just got back from Wal-Mart. They had 8 blind boxes. Out of the 8, 3 were sealed, 2 were open and empty and the last 3 were open and 1/6 commons. I bought the 3 sealed boxes and who ever opened the boxes missed out, 1 exclusive iron man and 2 gamora. I'm def not complaining... but people are savages !!

That's crazy, congratulations on an amazing score!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”