Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
gogman

Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Postby gogman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 am

So now that the trailer is out it seems like a good time to start this off.

There are so many characters in the film we surely can't get minis of them all, but which ones do you all want to see or think we'll get?

I personally want all the new characters we've not had MCU minis for before:
Thanos
Proxima Midnight
Corvus Glaive
Black Dwarf
Ebony Maw
Human version of Vision

sylin

Re: Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Postby sylin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:13 am

I think it'll consist of the usual suspects: Captain America (likely bearded), Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow (blonde), etc. We'll also get some newbies like Spider-Man (in his new suit), Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thanos, and any other leads without minis. Probably some exclusives as well.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:39 am

I don't have any idea what characters we will get, but let's start Praying right now that the ratios don't send me to the eBay poor house.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 am

I hope we get a chrome Iron Man and War Machine.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm

sylin wrote:I think it'll consist of the usual suspects: Captain America (likely bearded), Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow (blonde), etc. We'll also get some newbies like Spider-Man (in his new suit), Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thanos, and any other leads without minis. Probably some exclusives as well.

I think you're spot on with the base set... So along with those 10, I'm sure there will be some different variations or more bad guys?

What's the usual sweet spot for number of figures in a series that won't have stupid crazy ratios? (not that Funko really gives a toss about their customers really, they'll just do whatever they want) 16? That's then:

1/6 (x1)
1/12 (x7)
1/24 (x4)
1/36 (x2)
1/72 (x2)

Or just go all 1/12 and have those last two spots as exclusives per different type?

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

thanos would be the only one id get and would love to see how they make it!!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

challwsu

Postby challwsu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I want Ant-Man and Wasp!
ImageImage

impala6tres

Postby impala6tres » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm

First off. If anyone has the OG Thanos mystery minis for sale please let me know. I’m down for them.

Anyways, I would love to see
Thanos of course
Proxima Midnight
Corvus Glaive
Black Dwarf
Ebony Maw
Human version of Vision
Iron Spider

Bring it Funko!!!!!

The name is Jesse

Instagram - impala6tres
Twitter - impala6tres
SnapChat -impala6tres

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm

I would like to see a metallic iron spider, bearded cap, one eyed Thor. I'm sure all will happen lol
Instagram- calebshiny

gogman

Postby gogman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanos is definitely happening there's an image of him floating round the Internet. Although I'm not sure I like how they've made him look.

ezekiel8487

Postby ezekiel8487 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Yo. I have a few of these minis from blind boxes, but i might need to hop on this set if they look dope! can't wait to see.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:29 pm

As long as there aren't too many 1/6s, I'll be happy. Do you think we might get a peak of the set this week at Toy Fair?

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

I assume that there will be minis, but has that been confirmed? I just can't remember.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

gogman

Postby gogman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:As long as there aren't too many 1/6s, I'll be happy. Do you think we might get a peak of the set this week at Toy Fair?

I’d hope so. We’re so close to the film that they have to be shown there surely.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:I assume that there will be minis, but has that been confirmed? I just can't remember.

It has been confirmed on pre-order lists/random websites, but no official word yet. There is also a picture floating around of a Thanos mini so I'd say the odds are pretty good :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:47 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:I assume that there will be minis, but has that been confirmed? I just can't remember.

It has been confirmed on pre-order lists/random websites, but no official word yet. There is also a picture floating around of a Thanos mini so I'd say the odds are pretty good :D

Awesome, that works for me! I'm sure the "official" announcement is coming soon. On the one hand very stoked about these, on the other, I'm sure the Empire Strikes Back MMs will soon be on their way and I try to only do one set at a time. And now off to google that Thanos pic....
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t all the movie-based Marvel Mystery Mini figures been 1:12?

gogman

Postby gogman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:31 am

They were up until Thor Ragnarok last year. Looks like Funko want to squeeze more money out of us for Marvel minis.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:35 am

gogman wrote:They were up until Thor Ragnarok last year. Looks like Funko want to squeeze more money out of us for Marvel minis.

Derp. I don’t even know how I didn’t remember Ragnarok considering that I just dropped $40 on a Hela Mystery Mini last week.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:56 am

Can't wait for these (though dreading the ratios...!) I had avoided the Marvel MM until Thor:Ragnarok - didn't really love the look of them. But totally got sucked in, and now am ready to go for these! I'm hoping that, besides the regular costumed Avengers, we get non-battle (casual) heros. Also want some Wakandans in this set, since we got PSH for the Black Panther movie! And yes, can't wait for Wasp!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 am

sylin wrote:I think it'll consist of the usual suspects: Captain America (likely bearded), Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow (blonde), etc. We'll also get some newbies like Spider-Man (in his new suit), Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thanos, and any other leads without minis. Probably some exclusives as well.

I would really like to see the Nomad Cap show up in this set. Absolutely love him! Wish the pop was more accurate.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm

They gotta cut it out with these 1/6s man, that’s not fun to me.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:15 pm

At least the 1/72 hulkbuster should be a little easier to find with the weight of it
Instagram- calebshiny

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Valde wrote:They gotta cut it out with these 1/6s man, that’s not fun to me.

Evil... Just evil... Frigging 4x AGAIN...

And it's not like there aren't enough characters to completely avoid 1/6 all together, either!

The HT ratios are complete bollocks... Hard to figure out who all of them are, but no Starlord, no Drax, no Rocket, no Dr Strange, no Black Widow... It's like they're gonna do 4 lots of exclusives JUST to get half the cast into mini form... ridiculous...

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am

4 1/6 is no bueno :mad:
It’s me Lynda

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am

Just thinking about the number of characters in this movie makes me really fearful of the mini line. We could be seeing a record number of 1/72 and maybe even some 1/144 just to get most of them in. I hope that there are no 1/6 or 1/8 minis as that will make collecting this set a nightmare.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:09 pm

All the 1/6s... No one likes them. Stop it already!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 am

w00kiee77 wrote:

Evil... Just evil... Frigging 4x AGAIN...

And it's not like there aren't enough characters to completely avoid 1/6 all together, either!

The HT ratios are complete bollocks... Hard to figure out who all of them are, but no Starlord, no Drax, no Rocket, no Dr Strange, no Black Widow... It's like they're gonna do 4 lots of exclusives JUST to get half the cast into mini form... ridiculous...

It worries me that out of so very many characters, the commons are what they are. Leaves me wondering if we aren't going to get exclusives at all the available options - GS, BL, HT, BN? That would take us up to 21 options. Have they ever done something like that? My MM collections have been somewhat limited until now.
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 am

After seeing the list, i will definitely have to pick a lot of these up. Number one on my list would be the 1/72 hulkbuster. Hopefully its as obvious to spot as the first Hulkbuster mystery mini.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 am

Living where I live means that I don't ever see exclusives - or at least very rarely so I may be passing on this whole set altogether. Though I'd there's a reliable layout I might try for Gamora.
With no minis for guardians or Black Panther, I had hoped that there would be more of them in the common set. 1/12s would have given the option of far more characters. Very disappointing so far.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Sam25

Postby Sam25 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:50 am

I am really hoping to get some Black Panther characters unless they are getting there own line.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Katers wrote:It worries me that out of so very many characters, the commons are what they are. Leaves me wondering if we aren't going to get exclusives at all the available options - GS, BL, HT, BN? That would take us up to 21 options. Have they ever done something like that? My MM collections have been somewhat limited until now.

Out of the series I have collected:
(keep in mind that there are a common Funko set of "exclusives" that are replaced by store exclusives)

Potter S1: 23 figures (w/ HT & BN exclusives) - 1x 1/6
Potter S2: 22 figures (w/ HT & BN) - 3x 1/6
SW ANH: 24 figures (w/ WM, HT & GS) - 1x 1/6 & 1x1/8
SW TLJ: 24 figures (w/ WM, WG & GS) - 2x 1/6
Disney Afternoon: 24 figures (w/ HT, TRU & GS) - 2x 1/6
WBs: 21 figures (w/ TAR, TRU & WG) - 4x 1/6
LOTR: 21 figures (w/ HT & BN) - 2x 1/6

So there's a direct correlation between how many exclusives and how many 1/6s as well...

Just solely going off the imdb.com listing and counting the top level main characters and there's enough for at least 24 figures, without counting the secondary level characters and also there only being two bad guys listed? (Thanos and Ebony Maw?) So throw in exclusive variants and I'm sure they could have cracked 30 figures WITHOUT the need for 1/6s to screw everything up... It's not like it's a general series that can have a second release of figures, either... It's usually one and done with movie releases...

Sam25 wrote:I am really hoping to get some Black Panther characters unless they are getting there own line.

I think if they were going to do them, they'd have been out by now... Really missed the opportunity to do some really beautiful designs with that movie though...

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:14 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:It worries me that out of so very many characters, the commons are what they are. Leaves me wondering if we aren't going to get exclusives at all the available options - GS, BL, HT, BN? That would take us up to 21 options. Have they ever done something like that? My MM collections have been somewhat limited until now.

Out of the series I have collected:
(keep in mind that there are a common Funko set of "exclusives" that are replaced by store exclusives)

Potter S1: 23 figures (w/ HT & BN exclusives) - 1x 1/6
Potter S2: 22 figures (w/ HT & BN) - 3x 1/6
SW ANH: 24 figures (w/ WM, HT & GS) - 1x 1/6 & 1x1/8
SW TLJ: 24 figures (w/ WM, WG & GS) - 2x 1/6
Disney Afternoon: 24 figures (w/ HT, TRU & GS) - 2x 1/6
WBs: 21 figures (w/ TAR, TRU & WG) - 4x 1/6
LOTR: 21 figures (w/ HT & BN) - 2x 1/6

So there's a direct correlation between how many exclusives and how many 1/6s as well...

Just solely going off the imdb.com listing and counting the top level main characters and there's enough for at least 24 figures, without counting the secondary level characters and also there only being two bad guys listed? (Thanos and Ebony Maw?) So throw in exclusive variants and I'm sure they could have cracked 30 figures WITHOUT the need for 1/6s to screw everything up... It's not like it's a general series that can have a second release of figures, either... It's usually one and done with movie releases...

Ugh, I forgot about Walmart. That would take us up to 24 different figures, if we stick with 3 exclusives per chain. What a nightmare that would be..! I like to go on quests, don't get me wrong, but that's very much a needle in a haystack scenario!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 am

TriFeckTa wrote:After seeing the list, i will definitely have to pick a lot of these up. Number one on my list would be the 1/72 hulkbuster. Hopefully its as obvious to spot as the first Hulkbuster mystery mini.

This'll be the first time I try for a Hulkbuster (got into the Marvel minis with Thor: Ragnarok!). Hopefully because he's huge (comparatively), he will be easy to find. And at least he's not a store exclusive. The HT exclusive Cap is also high on my list, and he worries me!
Image ImageImage Image

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Katers wrote:Ugh, I forgot about Walmart. That would take us up to 24 different figures, if we stick with 3 exclusives per chain. What a nightmare that would be..! I like to go on quests, don't get me wrong, but that's very much a needle in a haystack scenario!

It depends how many exclusives they get, but also, if you have less/no 1/6s you can have more characters and if they're more common and less stupid exclusive ratios, then even with 3 store exclusives, they won't be as rare so if people need to hunt on evilBay, the market won't be as scarce and prices won't be as mental...

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:Ugh, I forgot about Walmart. That would take us up to 24 different figures, if we stick with 3 exclusives per chain. What a nightmare that would be..! I like to go on quests, don't get me wrong, but that's very much a needle in a haystack scenario!

It depends how many exclusives they get, but also, if you have less/no 1/6s you can have more characters and if they're more common and less stupid exclusive ratios, then even with 3 store exclusives, they won't be as rare so if people need to hunt on evilBay, the market won't be as scarce and prices won't be as mental...

Yeah, if they want to do a GS Thor Ragnarok scenario with exclusives that are 1/6, that would be great. In this case, I think I'd even be okay with them changing ratios between stores..!
Image ImageImage Image

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Stranger Things had 4 1/6s and 3 exclusive stores (HT, GS, Target) so kind of checks out

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:09 am

Argh. So I was at HT anyway tonight, so asked about this set. Was told street date is 3/1 - which means, I think, that it's the same day that the ECCC shared exclusives drop? Argh! I mean, I know which way my $$ is going, but that means that everyone will be out (and in line early!) Anyone heard anything that supports or contradicts this date?
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 am

Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:After seeing the list, i will definitely have to pick a lot of these up. Number one on my list would be the 1/72 hulkbuster. Hopefully its as obvious to spot as the first Hulkbuster mystery mini.

This'll be the first time I try for a Hulkbuster (got into the Marvel minis with Thor: Ragnarok!). Hopefully because he's huge (comparatively), he will be easy to find. And at least he's not a store exclusive. The HT exclusive Cap is also high on my list, and he worries me!

Yeah, Hot Topic exclusive ones can be tough.

ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am

I'll be going for Thanos and Hulkbuster. If you stumble upon a set with Hulkbuster, it should be pretty easy to find, but you have to find a set with him first!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Return to “Blind Bags”