Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
hailmary25

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am

JimmyD wrote:I feel like the 2nd series just came out and the 3rd is already coming out. Can't keep up with them.

This is me when I saw the leaks that S3 is coming this year ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm

JimmyD wrote:I feel like the 2nd series just came out and the 3rd is already coming out. Can't keep up with them.
It's been 8 months since the 2nd series came out and Series 3 is NOT yet coming out.

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 am

highlanderfil wrote:
It's been 8 months since the 2nd series came out and Series 3 is NOT yet coming out.

Its really been that long...... I am still trying to find a dang yule ball Hermoine from series one for a decent price and barely have all of series 2. I lucked out with getting a Buckbeak early on.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

highlanderfil wrote:

I feel like S2 has just hit my area, it's taken so long for them to make it over the Atlantic.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Chaister87 wrote:I kind of want to see the golden snitch in the next wave, and maybe the characters on broomsticks.

That would be cool to see the golden stitch also I like the idea of them on broomsticks would be neat to see them in this form for MM.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Chaister87 wrote:I kind of want to see the golden snitch in the next wave, and maybe the characters on broomsticks.

I love that ideal, I really like the "flying" Quiditch pops so I certainly wouldn't mind some minis
- tauntaunking on instagram

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 am

hailmary25 wrote:

This is me when I saw the leaks that S3 is coming this year ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I think that sums it up for most of us! Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water...or, at least, to the mall!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am

If the rumors about Series 3 being Fantastic Beasts are true, hard pass for me.

GundamJaeger

Postby GundamJaeger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am

w00kiee77 wrote:I wonder if they're locked into the same style for S3... I'm a huge fan of them, but compared to a lot of other ones coming out now, their lack of detail and childish look is sort of falling behind those like LOTR style...

Taking into account that they usually have pairings/sub groups (Fred & George, etc) and certain amounts of non-humans/companions, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following:

Harry (muggle clothes)
Ron (muggle clothes)
Hermione (muggle clothes)

Students:
Luna with spectre specs
Cho Chang (more girls needed?)

Hogwarts Staff:
Filch (paired with Mrs Norris)
Prof. Trewlaney
Prof Sprout
Prof Flitwick

Baddies:
Luscious
Wormtail
Crabbe
Goyle
Death Eaters (army builders?)

Ministry:
Fudge
Umbridge

OoTP:
Mad Eye
Tonks
Kingsley
James Potter
Lily Potter

Ghosts:
Moaning Myrtle
Nearly Headless Nick
Bloody Baron
Peeves

"Creatures":
Kreacher
Mrs Norris
Firenze
Unicorn
Bowtruckle
Aragog

Dude I feel same way, honestly I love Harry Potter but I hate the style of the mystery minis compared to the new LotR ones. It'd be awesome if they changed em to be in the same style. I think they'd look a whole lot better. The LotR minis have been my favorite to collect as of late, they look great.

GundamJaeger

Postby GundamJaeger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am

opopssum wrote:

I love that ideal, I really like the "flying" Quiditch pops so I certainly wouldn't mind some minis

100% agree, great idea.

mikes_toybox

Postby mikes_toybox » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:19 am

We need a golden snitch mini...to put on my desk

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm

highlanderfil wrote:If the rumors about Series 3 being Fantastic Beasts are true, hard pass for me.

I hope they make that their own line.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm

bakivali wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:If the rumors about Series 3 being Fantastic Beasts are true, hard pass for me.

I do too...

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
bakivali wrote:

I do too...

My heart says yes my wallet cowers in fear

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 pm

I hope this series has Sirius and Buckbeak again since my Hot Topic never restocked after the initial shipment.

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 am

Vin phx wrote:

That would be cool to see the golden stitch also I like the idea of them on broomsticks would be neat to see them in this form for MM.

That would definitely be the first mystery mini rides? I wonder if it'll be too big to fit in the boxes if that's the case. I'm just glad that I finally finished S2, but sadly had to go to ebay for Buckbeak :(

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am

opopssum wrote:

And with the Quiditch being that small, it might be to scale with the pops :)

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:38 pm

nightschwing wrote:I hope this series has Sirius and Buckbeak again since my Hot Topic never restocked after the initial shipment.

They could have a different Sirius outfit to bring him back again.

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Chaister87 wrote:
Vin phx wrote:

That would definitely be the first mystery mini rides? I wonder if it'll be too big to fit in the boxes if that's the case. I'm just glad that I finally finished S2, but sadly had to go to ebay for Buckbeak :(

Yeah i might do ebay for a few just so i can start working on other sets, but it would be neat if they could do the ride.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 am

highlanderfil wrote:
bakivali wrote:

I do too...

I'm a little torn on the FB mini set. I love the thought of the beasts. Less so on the people. Don't get me wrong, I loved our cast from FB, but the only one I'd need out of them as a mini would be Newt so he play Beast Whisperer. But if they want to give me an Occamy mini, or a Demiguise (exclusive clear Demiguise?), Thunderbird, Bowtruckle....yeah, I'm on board with that.
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm trying very hard to just purchase the exclusives. I can only have so much room!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 am

Greymom wrote:I'm trying very hard to just purchase the exclusives. I can only have so much room!

I admire your restraint! I'm thus far doing my best to be a complete-ist with the HP mini sets at least. Thankfully, they're small and easy to put somewhere, and they look pretty cool when they're displayed!
Image ImageImage Image

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Katers wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:
bakivali wrote:I hope they make that their own line.
I do too...

I'm a little torn on the FB mini set. I love the thought of the beasts. Less so on the people. Don't get me wrong, I loved our cast from FB, but the only one I'd need out of them as a mini would be Newt so he play Beast Whisperer. But if they want to give me an Occamy mini, or a Demiguise (exclusive clear Demiguise?), Thunderbird, Bowtruckle....yeah, I'm on board with that.

I agree, the creatures seem really popular with these sets anyway.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 pm

nightschwing wrote:I hope this series has Sirius and Buckbeak again since my Hot Topic never restocked after the initial shipment.
Sincerely doubt it, especially re Buckbeak. How else would you have them make him? Sirius I can see, in his normal garb, but not Bucky. In any case, even if by some stroke of madness they had him, it wouldn't be a repeat of Series 2.

As for Beasts - hard, hard pass. Couldn't make it through the first twenty minutes of the movie and won't be collecting the minis. Maybe just a Niffler, because he's cute.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 am

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:I do too...

I agree, the creatures seem really popular with these sets anyway.

Let's hope they're not as hard to get as the last batch of creatures!!
Image ImageImage Image

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Sincerely doubt it, especially re Buckbeak. How else would you have them make him? Sirius I can see, in his normal garb, but not Bucky. In any case, even if by some stroke of madness they had him, it wouldn't be a repeat of Series 2.

I know. I was just joking to take away the hurt.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:52 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
Sincerely doubt it, especially re Buckbeak. How else would you have them make him? Sirius I can see, in his normal garb, but not Bucky. In any case, even if by some stroke of madness they had him, it wouldn't be a repeat of Series 2.

As for Beasts - hard, hard pass. Couldn't make it through the first twenty minutes of the movie and won't be collecting the minis. Maybe just a Niffler, because he's cute.

Niffler would be the best, especially if they flocked him.

And maybe they could do a Buckbeak with him on his hind legs, with wings out or something. We can dream lol

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 pm

bakivali wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:

Niffler would be the best, especially if they flocked him.

And maybe they could do a Buckbeak with him on his hind legs, with wings out or something. We can dream lol

Meh. Even if they do, it won't help those who don't have him from S2. A different Buckbeak won't complete that set :( But, I suppose that if you just want a Buckbeak, any Buckbeak, that'd work :-)

Arnold11

Postby Arnold11 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 am

My favorites are the creatures. Lots and lots of creatures would be my choice. Also a professor Umbridge would be fun as well. I’ll take what I can get though.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 pm

I am all for Fantastic Beasts - Newt Scamander, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, but also Graves, Grindewald, Piquery, and Credence for the people, and then Demiguise, Niffler, Thunderbird, Erumpent and Bowtruckle for the beasts.

There are a ton of characters still for Harry Potter. I would love to see Arthur & Molly Weasley, Flitwick, Sprout, Gilderoy Lockhart, Umbridge, Mad Eye Moody, Tonks and Quirrell. For new versions I would like some Quidditch ones either flying or regular. Not really wanting anymore creatures. It was cool in the first set, and I liked Buckbeak, Arnold and Trevor, but I pulled so many thestrals that I had a fleet of them.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 am

Avengers74 wrote:I am all for Fantastic Beasts - Newt Scamander, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, but also Graves, Grindewald, Piquery, and Credence for the people, and then Demiguise, Niffler, Thunderbird, Erumpent and Bowtruckle for the beasts.

There are a ton of characters still for Harry Potter. I would love to see Arthur & Molly Weasley, Flitwick, Sprout, Gilderoy Lockhart, Umbridge, Mad Eye Moody, Tonks and Quirrell. For new versions I would like some Quidditch ones either flying or regular. Not really wanting anymore creatures. It was cool in the first set, and I liked Buckbeak, Arnold and Trevor, but I pulled so many thestrals that I had a fleet of them.

I was happier with the fleet of thestrals than I was with the school of sorting hat everyones! I've still got 2 extra Rons that will probably never go anywhere. UGH. Please please let there be some serious variations in the S3 figures (and weights!).
Image ImageImage Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:I am all for Fantastic Beasts - Newt Scamander, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, but also Graves, Grindewald, Piquery, and Credence for the people, and then Demiguise, Niffler, Thunderbird, Erumpent and Bowtruckle for the beasts.

I was happier with the fleet of thestrals than I was with the school of sorting hat everyones! I've still got 2 extra Rons that will probably never go anywhere. UGH. Please please let there be some serious variations in the S3 figures (and weights!).

Lol I was able to avoid the fleet of Sorting Hats due to the weight. I kept getting thestrals trying to find Trevor and Arnold and the kids cause how light it was.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 am

Avengers74 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Lol I was able to avoid the fleet of Sorting Hats due to the weight. I kept getting thestrals trying to find Trevor and Arnold and the kids cause how light it was.

I kept trying for a Selkie to help friends out. So many sorting hats...! UGH! I think at one point I had 4 Arnolds, trying for 1 Trevor. I felt terrible both pulling mulitple Arnolds, and being so very annoyed by the multiple Arnolds!
Image ImageImage Image

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I kept trying for a Selkie to help friends out. So many sorting hats...! UGH! I think at one point I had 4 Arnolds, trying for 1 Trevor. I felt terrible both pulling mulitple Arnolds, and being so very annoyed by the multiple Arnolds!

At least Arnold is popular and might be good trade bait for other minis you may need in the future.

The Selkie is so hard, I skip trying for it unless it's a fresh untouched case.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:11 am

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

At least Arnold is popular and might be good trade bait for other minis you may need in the future.

The Selkie is so hard, I skip trying for it unless it's a fresh untouched case.

Yeah, that's the hope, honestly! Kept 1 for the collection, and 1 for a future potential trade. The others went on to friends or other collectors, so at least I could help some people out!
Image ImageImage Image

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:22 pm

That hasn't happened yet with a new MM Series. I wouldn't get your hopes up! Hot Topic exclusives are difficult to find with every set. You have have to be in touch with when the sets are being released. Instagram is a great resource if you follow your local HT store's page. It is very competitive. In my area, if you don't get there that same day, the box is usually gone or picked through.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 pm

I've been (re) listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks - which by the way are the best narrated audio books eva! (Thanks Jim Dale) - I think we need more of the teachers - We never got professor Flitwick, Prof. Sprout, a Mad Eye Moody Mini. Molly Weaselly. I'd love to see some translucent minis for the ghost, Peeves, Nearly HEadless nick, and my fav a MOANING Myrtle! Of course LUSCIOUS MALFOY!
Joe from NYC
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:57 pm

babasdada wrote:I've been (re) listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks - which by the way are the best narrated audio books eva! (Thanks Jim Dale) - I think we need more of the teachers - We never got professor Flitwick, Prof. Sprout, a Mad Eye Moody Mini. Molly Weaselly. I'd love to see some translucent minis for the ghost, Peeves, Nearly HEadless nick, and my fav a MOANING Myrtle! Of course LUSCIOUS MALFOY!

I just started re reading the books as well :occasion5:

translucent minis (and pops to match) would be AMAZING! I would honestly love all those you listed, it is well past time we got Molly, who I think we could argue is one of the best characters in the books lol

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 pm

opopssum wrote:
babasdada wrote:I've been (re) listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks - which by the way are the best narrated audio books eva! (Thanks Jim Dale) - I think we need more of the teachers - We never got professor Flitwick, Prof. Sprout, a Mad Eye Moody Mini. Molly Weaselly. I'd love to see some translucent minis for the ghost, Peeves, Nearly HEadless nick, and my fav a MOANING Myrtle! Of course LUSCIOUS MALFOY!

I just started re reading the books as well :occasion5:

translucent minis (and pops to match) would be AMAZING! I would honestly love all those you listed, it is well past time we got Molly, who I think we could argue is one of the best characters in the books lol

Did you ever do the Audiobooks? If not you MUST! Soooo good. I cried when Fawkes comes to help in the COS and pecks out the eyes of the basilisk LOL I know LOSER
Joe from NYC

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:53 pm

I have the audiobooks on constant loop to listen to, currently starting OoTP... I listen to the Stephen Fry ones, which after starting listening to the Jim Dale ones, I think are WAY better... Jim Dale always sort of creeped me out when he did Hermy's voice...

Agree that having some ghost minis would be awesome... The LOTR Frodo wearing the ring is great, and I have a couple of the clear X-men ones as well, so adding these to the collection would be awesome...

Return to “Blind Bags”