Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Azcat03

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby Azcat03 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:19 pm

I've picked up 4 boxes so far (I'm a teacher, so I can't buy cases at a time, unfortunately) and the first three boxes I opened were all Diggory ](*,) before I got Filch on my last one. So, if anyone needs Diggory, I've got two to spare! lol

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 am

I sure hope I can hunt down these Barnes exclusives. Has anyone been lucky so far?
950+ pops, dorbz, minis, psh, patches, and pins.
Follow my funko life on Instagram @macmill22 :freddy1:

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am

Macmill22 wrote:I sure hope I can hunt down these Barnes exclusives. Has anyone been lucky so far?

Seems like the first stock has come out, and might already be picked over. Best to wait for a restock, or you can try your luck with an online order (not suggested, it's limit to 2 per order and there are so many 1/6s).

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Just got my first HP (Target) Mystery Mini from my oh so sweet hunny and it was Harry Potter himself! I suppose this is a good way to start off the set! lol

I see a lot of peeps talking about the B&N series which I am for sure interested in...I'm usually pretty good with snagging Pop's but this is newer territory for me so any advice is helpful!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:Just got my first HP (Target) Mystery Mini from my oh so sweet hunny and it was Harry Potter himself! I suppose this is a good way to start off the set! lol

I see a lot of peeps talking about the B&N series which I am for sure interested in...I'm usually pretty good with snagging Pop's but this is newer territory for me so any advice is helpful!!

Here's the link for Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... 9698312110

That number at the end (0889698312110) is their item number, so if you go to the store, you can ask them to look up stock by this number. There have been rumors that you can't fully trust the stock indicator in the "Find In Store" section, so if you can call or go in person and give them that number, that should help.

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 pm

bakivali wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:Just got my first HP (Target) Mystery Mini from my oh so sweet hunny and it was Harry Potter himself! I suppose this is a good way to start off the set! lol

Here's the link for Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... 9698312110

That number at the end (0889698312110) is their item number, so if you go to the store, you can ask them to look up stock by this number. There have been rumors that you can't fully trust the stock indicator in the "Find In Store" section, so if you can call or go in person and give them that number, that should help.

So cool!! Thank you very much!! I think I'm in trouble now!! :eek:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Macmill22 wrote:I sure hope I can hunt down these Barnes exclusives. Has anyone been lucky so far?

I did manage to get all 3, but it took going to 3 different B&N to get them. I'm still trying to help out a friend who only has one B&N in her area, and it got picked over before she could get to it. So far, the other B&N I've been to haven't gotten a restock and are either picked over, or don't have what she needs. Thank goodness B&N is good about restocks, I know it's just a matter of being patient!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm

bakivali wrote:

I would also add - look for in stock #s in multiples of 12. If you get a stock of 18, that means someone bought 6 - chances are good, they took the sweet spots already! Still worth trying for, you get random attempts and kids that don't know, and maybe they took the bottom right corner and middle left because they felt lucky (this was actually me with my first HP mini purchases, 3 years ago....boy oh boy have I learned since then!).
Last edited by Katers on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Finally complete once again (Mrs Norris and Krum are on the way!)!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:42 pm

HPLove wrote:Finally complete once again (Mrs Norris and Krum are on the way!)!

That is an awesome collection!!! Thanks for sharing a pic =D>
Congrats on finishing up this one, down to just needing Umbridge myself

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:30 am

Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:

I would also add - look for in stock #s in multiples of 12. If you get a stock of 18, that means someone bought 6 - chances are good, they took the sweet spots already! Still worth trying for, you get random attempts and kids that don't know, and maybe they took the bottom right corner and middle let because they felt lucky (this was actually me with my first HP mini purchases, 3 years ago....boy oh boy have I learned since then!).

Haha oh wow...ok so you're saying there are better chances of pulling more rare minis if I choose the bottom right and middle left?! Sheesh I have a lot to learn!!

stormofgrace

Postby stormofgrace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm

schrager wrote:Does anyone have the weight for Myrtle that they will share? Much appreciated!!

I found 2 Myrtles. One was 59.6. The other 58.6. Fleur is in this range also but with a bit of a shake you might be able to guess as Fleur has a big hat and Myrtle doesn't.
Susan
\:D/ Funko Fanatic

ENDGAME
Captain America Target Exclusive - PRIORITY
War Machine (Common)
WM Hulk
WM Black Widow
WM Hawkeye

TOY STORY 4
GITD Buzz

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
Spider-man* (Stealth Suit Unmasked) - PRIORITY
Spider-man (Stealth Suit Goggles Up)
Spider-man (Stealth Suit)
Spider-man (Upgraded Suit)
Spider-man (Hero Suit Crouching)

stormofgrace

Postby stormofgrace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm

I found a fresh case and ended up with 2 Toms! There were a couple loose boxes so I'm guessing a couple got mixed. I had been to HT earlier that same day and pulled the HT Tom!
Susan
\:D/ Funko Fanatic

ENDGAME
Captain America Target Exclusive - PRIORITY
War Machine (Common)
WM Hulk
WM Black Widow
WM Hawkeye

TOY STORY 4
GITD Buzz

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
Spider-man* (Stealth Suit Unmasked) - PRIORITY
Spider-man (Stealth Suit Goggles Up)
Spider-man (Stealth Suit)
Spider-man (Upgraded Suit)
Spider-man (Hero Suit Crouching)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Spoiler: show

Congrats on the finished series, what a great feeling! Your set looks great! And how lucky you are that your last 2 to complete were Mrs. Norris and Krum!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:Here's the link for Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... 9698312110

I would also add - look for in stock #s in multiples of 12. If you get a stock of 18, that means someone bought 6 - chances are good, they took the sweet spots already! Still worth trying for, you get random attempts and kids that don't know, and maybe they took the bottom right corner and middle let because they felt lucky (this was actually me with my first HP mini purchases, 3 years ago....boy oh boy have I learned since then!).

Haha oh wow...ok so you're saying there are better chances of pulling more rare minis if I choose the bottom right and middle left?! Sheesh I have a lot to learn!!

Oh goodness no, don't listen to 3-years-ago me! She didn't know what she was doing (or what she was getting into!). Since then I've learned about ratios, case layouts, weights and store exclusives! My first 2 pulls (Padfoot & Hermione, I think?) I didn't even realized how great it was I'd pulled an exclusive.
Image ImageImage Image

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Katers wrote:

Congrats on the finished series, what a great feeling! Your set looks great! And how lucky you are that your last 2 to complete were Mrs. Norris and Krum!

Sadly, I purchased nearly the entire series 3 set from various resellers. I was out of town on vacations when both the HT and Target exclusives hit so I basically gave up. Found Myrtle in the wild but that's it for good pulls. I left Krum and MN until the end in case I found a bundle deal.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm

stormofgrace wrote:

I found a fresh case and ended up with 2 Toms! There were a couple loose boxes so I'm guessing a couple got mixed. I had been to HT earlier that same day and pulled the HT Tom!

Congrats! Wish I had your ISO, but if you're looking to sell Tom, let me know! He's one of the few I still need. Thanks regardless!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:

I would also add - look for in stock #s in multiples of 12. If you get a stock of 18, that means someone bought 6 - chances are good, they took the sweet spots already! Still worth trying for, you get random attempts and kids that don't know, and maybe they took the bottom right corner and middle left because they felt lucky (this was actually me with my first HP mini purchases, 3 years ago....boy oh boy have I learned since then!).

Good point. Though, as the stores restock, the numbers are harder to go off of. They could have 18 because they had 6 from the previous batch, but got one new box in. Always good to call and check if they got recent stock in.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:45 am

HPLove wrote:
Katers wrote:

Sadly, I purchased nearly the entire series 3 set from various resellers. I was out of town on vacations when both the HT and Target exclusives hit so I basically gave up. Found Myrtle in the wild but that's it for good pulls. I left Krum and MN until the end in case I found a bundle deal.

Ugh, the frustration of bad timing! And a double whammy on top of that! Hopeful that nothing was too over the top for your purchases, at least. And that hopefully this means S4 will be your turn to score nothing but good pulls!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:48 am

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:Here's the link for Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... 9698312110

Good point. Though, as the stores restock, the numbers are harder to go off of. They could have 18 because they had 6 from the previous batch, but got one new box in. Always good to call and check if they got recent stock in.

Another good point! So with that, I'd go with - don't just trust sweet spots then. And good luck!
Image ImageImage Image

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:07 am

Thanks synergy56 and bakivali for for the info re: Buckbeak and Series 2. I’ll keep my eyes peeled but it doesn’t look good.
My B&N Tom Riddle finally arrived so I am now complete with S3 (but he has a slightly raised right foot and so wobbles a bit, hate it when that happens, but better than nothing!).
Best moment for us with S3, lifting up the Basilisk box, you just knew it was in there before even opening it, so much heavier!
Worst moment of S3, opening a Target box to find it had a Quidditch World Cup Hermione loose head!! It took a second to realise that the body was in there too. Luckily it popped back on with no problem lol
HP Mystery Minis collector
All series now complete!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:Thanks synergy56 and bakivali for for the info re: Buckbeak and Series 2. I’ll keep my eyes peeled but it doesn’t look good.
My B&N Tom Riddle finally arrived so I am now complete with S3 (but he has a slightly raised right foot and so wobbles a bit, hate it when that happens, but better than nothing!).
Best moment for us with S3, lifting up the Basilisk box, you just knew it was in there before even opening it, so much heavier!
Worst moment of S3, opening a Target box to find it had a Quidditch World Cup Hermione loose head!! It took a second to realise that the body was in there too. Luckily it popped back on with no problem lol

Try fixing Toms feet with boiling water if you havent.

Boil water, dip feet, let it straighten out and then dip in ice cold water to set. If the feets dont straighten as soon as they hit the hot water you can also gently mold them in the right direction after dipping in the hot water. Ive used this on my own minis without harming the mini or my hands/skin. Good luck.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Basiliskrocks wrote:Thanks synergy56 and bakivali for for the info re: Buckbeak and Series 2. I’ll keep my eyes peeled but it doesn’t look good.

My Riddle has the same problem.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am

Does that mean she's NEARLY Headless Hermione? lol

Seriously though - I'd have freaked out! Glad you were able to fix her!
Image ImageImage Image

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 am

Missing Target Ron, Basalisk and both Tom Riddle - I always have the hardest times finding minis and have yet to complete a set!
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:54 am

Geescube wrote:

Try fixing Toms feet with boiling water if you havent.

Boil water, dip feet, let it straighten out and then dip in ice cold water to set. If the feets dont straighten as soon as they hit the hot water you can also gently mold them in the right direction after dipping in the hot water. Ive used this on my own minis without harming the mini or my hands/skin. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I might try it out on a spare Hermione from series 1 first!
All series now complete!

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 am

Katers wrote:

I did freak out at first, the high of yesssss it’s QWC Hermione to what!?! she’s just a head!?!!!! If it hadn’t popped back on I would have been so disappointed, but I guess for all those with multiple S3 doubles you could have some fun swapping the heads and trying some new looks! lol
All series now complete!

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 am

Same thing happened to my Toxic Morty whose foot kept popping off so I had to use super glue... Luckily his foot was included because I saw some post where the foot was no where to be found.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm

mmmrice wrote:

Same thing happened to my Toxic Morty whose foot kept popping off so I had to use super glue... Luckily his foot was included because I saw some post where the foot was no where to be found.

I've seen that from a couple different people with Toxic Morty. At least you got the foot included.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm

mmmrice wrote:Same thing happened to my Toxic Morty whose foot kept popping off so I had to use super glue... Luckily his foot was included because I saw some post where the foot was no where to be found.

I've seen that from a couple different people with Toxic Morty. At least you got the foot included.[/quote]
Yeah, I saw some help posts for how to cast a few foot from clay haha. It was interesting to see that they really can be popped in and out though. Customs should be pretty easy to make since it's just pegs into holes.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm

mmmrice wrote:

I thought it was just me. His foot popped right off and nearly went under my fridge. Luckily I had some crazy glue and fixed his foot right up.
I'm Abe

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

I thought it was just me. His foot popped right off and nearly went under my fridge. Luckily I had some crazy glue and fixed his foot right up.

I think I was lucky that there is toxic slime around his foot because I accidentally overfilled the hole with super glue and it oozed out but it looks like it was part of the mini lol.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:51 am

Basiliskrocks wrote:
Katers wrote:

I did freak out at first, the high of yesssss it’s QWC Hermione to what!?! she’s just a head!?!!!! If it hadn’t popped back on I would have been so disappointed, but I guess for all those with multiple S3 doubles you could have some fun swapping the heads and trying some new looks! lol

Absolutely! I've seen some really cool customs lately made out of extra commons. I'm so in awe of people who can do things like that - I am distinctly lacking in talent in this area..!
Image ImageImage Image

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Katers wrote:

I did manage to get all 3, but it took going to 3 different B&N to get them. I'm still trying to help out a friend who only has one B&N in her area, and it got picked over before she could get to it. So far, the other B&N I've been to haven't gotten a restock and are either picked over, or don't have what she needs. Thank goodness B&N is good about restocks, I know it's just a matter of being patient!

That’s what’s up. I’ve only tried one store and got dupes if krum so I had to throw in the towel. It sucks since I’m so close to completing
950+ pops, dorbz, minis, psh, patches, and pins.
Follow my funko life on Instagram @macmill22 :freddy1:

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am

Anyone hear word of B&N restocking lately? It's hard to go off of the store tracker on the site since some of the area stores have leftovers from the first stock.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Defiantly tired after these 3 waves. Honestly might sell all mine. Hunt is getting tiring and never cared for the style but it's HP and I go back and forth all the time.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:50 pm

GameStop has their Mystery Boxes up online for sale. The Boggart/Snape and Professor Trelawny are a ratio of 1:2. Same as the Pop, so I ordered two boxes hoping to get both as I need them to complet my set. Both turned out great!

Lady_Macbeth

Postby Lady_Macbeth » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 am

Avengers74 wrote:GameStop has their Mystery Boxes up online for sale. The Boggart/Snape and Professor Trelawny are a ratio of 1:2. Same as the Pop, so I ordered two boxes hoping to get both as I need them to complet my set. Both turned out great!

I was thinking about ordering two as well, but with my luck, I'd end up with the same exact box two times over!
"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." - Jane Austen

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:33 am

Lady_Macbeth wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:GameStop has their Mystery Boxes up online for sale. The Boggart/Snape and Professor Trelawny are a ratio of 1:2. Same as the Pop, so I ordered two boxes hoping to get both as I need them to complet my set. Both turned out great!

I was thinking about ordering two as well, but with my luck, I'd end up with the same exact box two times over!

I'm really hoping between all of us ordering 2 boxes each, we'll be able to make trades and help each other out! Really wish though that they'd been kind to us and just put both minis into each box.
Image ImageImage Image

Basiliskrocks

Postby Basiliskrocks » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:29 am

Katers wrote:
Lady_Macbeth wrote:

I'm really hoping between all of us ordering 2 boxes each, we'll be able to make trades and help each other out! Really wish though that they'd been kind to us and just put both minis into each box.

Just updated my post, I was going to ask if anyone could get a box for me, but think hailmary25 is right on other HP post and hopefully there’ll be a few on eBay soon, as long as they don’t become as rare as Buckbeak it should be ok! [-o<
All series now complete!

Return to “Blind Bags”