Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:32 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Totally agree with this. As a completionist I need em all if I can help it, but to make the Crabbe and Goyle the 1/72’s I’m totally ok with that and they definitely aren’t the must have’s from the common set

I'm kind of hoping that this means, if we have to resort to Ebay for them, that they won't be exorbitant! That we'll get lucky and people will be like "ugh, pulled this guy. Selling him on ebay!"

Haha! Most definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as bad as the more recent 1/72 prices hopefully.

No, agreed! This is the first set in awhile that, while I would love to complete it, I'm not super stressed about!

(Of course, I say that now. We'll see what I do once it's OUT!)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:That's absolutely crazy, the set isn't really even out yet! :-s

Knowing the seller and their dodgy reputation, I'm actually really suspicious that they pushed the price up themselves with dodgy buyer accounts just to justify future listings... such a scam... I'm gonna screengrab it and see them use the exact same photo multiple times...

Somedays, people are just NUTS. UGH....
Image ImageImage Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:55 am

Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that this means, if we have to resort to Ebay for them, that they won't be exorbitant! That we'll get lucky and people will be like "ugh, pulled this guy. Selling him on ebay!"

Haha! Most definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as bad as the more recent 1/72 prices hopefully.

No, agreed! This is the first set in awhile that, while I would love to complete it, I'm not super stressed about!

Lol yeah I said the same thing with the new R+M series 2 being all 1/12, figured it would be pretty stress free but lately even that hasn't been the case. With it being tied to the series one DCPI at Targets and most of them still having commons from that series still in stock, it makes the new ones impossible to track down. I'm really hoping they (Target) don't tie the exclusives to this set with the commons from HP series 2, otherwise the stress level for this set goes up a whole lot more ](*,)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:16 am

RBlue30 wrote:aw man! the basilisk is 1/36! what a pain!

With its size and weight should be easy to tell when it is in the box atleast
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 am

hailmary25 wrote:

Definitely. My guess is it will be the heaviest from the BN cases and should hopefully stick out pretty easily

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:00 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Definitely. My guess is it will be the heaviest from the BN cases and should hopefully stick out pretty easily

Yeah from the picture looks like you should be able to tell easilyy whether there or not. More worried about others

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 pm

opopssum wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:That's absolutely crazy, the set isn't really even out yet! :-s

Knowing the seller and their dodgy reputation, I'm actually really suspicious that they pushed the price up themselves with dodgy buyer accounts just to justify future listings... such a scam... I'm gonna screengrab it and see them use the exact same photo multiple times...

Is it the same as that buckbeak seller? That is my moment of Funko saltyness, every time I see a buckbeak listing with that same picture my heart dies a lil

I can't remember who the Buckbeak seller was, but pretty sure it is... Such a scammer... I was one of the lucky few that managed to get a good deal from them on a multiple mini auction that included an Arnold and I managed to re-sell most of the others to make it overall a really good deal for just the Arnold in the end... Was waiting for the seller to cancel and relist though... so dodgy...

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Haha! Most definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as bad as the more recent 1/72 prices hopefully.

Lol yeah I said the same thing with the new R+M series 2 being all 1/12, figured it would be pretty stress free but lately even that hasn't been the case. With it being tied to the series one DCPI at Targets and most of them still having commons from that series still in stock, it makes the new ones impossible to track down. I'm really hoping they (Target) don't tie the exclusives to this set with the commons from HP series 2, otherwise the stress level for this set goes up a whole lot more ](*,)

Okay, really going to hope that's not the case with this set! Though, having made a thorough examination of all the funko areas of like 20 some targets (thank you, IW!), I can safely say that only 2 of those Targets had any S2 HP minis. Unless there's some random restock of them, I should be good. And I'll continue to think I'm good so that I do not lose my sanity!
Image ImageImage Image

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am

hailmary25 wrote:

Good point!
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Haha! Most definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as bad as the more recent 1/72 prices hopefully.

I feel ya on this... same struggle with R&M series 2. Target really needs to get their act together!
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Tooner wrote:So the non exclusive boxes of these also have messed up ratios.
I suppose we won’t know real ratios until people start opening full cases.

hahah 5 1/6 and two 1/12 talk about hard to find other ratios lol

how could they be okay with just saying oh well and roling out with this?

No 1/72s...hmmmm....

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:

You guys made some good points here, I could definitely see these not being anywhere near the price of what 1/72s usually are - which is a great thing for us!

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

My hot topic manager said these are going to hit soon...so excited can't wait!

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:26 am

So soon, eek!! I don't know if I want to be complete on this - I really don't want a Flich or Umbridge taking up space in my collection lol
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 am

throneofgames wrote:My hot topic manager said these are going to hit soon...so excited can't wait!

I better pull some money aside form my pay check this week lol
I am excited to start hunting these down.

Lonikins wrote:So soon, eek!! I don't know if I want to be complete on this - I really don't want a Flich or Umbridge taking up space in my collection lol

So soon, eek!! I don't know if I want to be complete on this - I really don't want a Flich or Umbridge taking up space in my collection lol
There are a good handful from this set I would be ok with not having: Crabbe and Goyle, Draco, lucius, dirty Harry, Filtch, Krum. If I happen to get them I wont complain but I wont be ebaying them lol
If I get an army of Krums hopefully I can trade them for an army of Cedrics.
- tauntaunking on instagram

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:55 pm

opopssum wrote:
throneofgames wrote:My hot topic manager said these are going to hit soon...so excited can't wait!

I better pull some money aside form my pay check this week lol
I am excited to start hunting these down.

Lonikins wrote:So soon, eek!! I don't know if I want to be complete on this - I really don't want a Flich or Umbridge taking up space in my collection lol

There are a good handful from this set I would be ok with not having: Crabbe and Goyle, Draco, lucius, dirty Harry, Filtch, Krum. If I happen to get them I wont complain but I wont be ebaying them lol
If I get an army of Krums hopefully I can trade them for an army of Cedrics.

I agree there are certainly characters I could do without this time around - it helps that I was never able to complete any of the sets from the first two series as well

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:42 pm

If I do go for this line, I'm not buying any common boxes. Just exclusives. Hopefully I can pull some of the exclusives and just wait till the commons are mega cheap on eBay.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:16 am

Geescube wrote:Common cases at HQ are not lettered for HP3. Very likely that the exclusives will also not be lettered

HT not lettered
It’s me Lynda

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:17 am

I like Umbridge! She's sooooooooo evil! Worse than He-who-shall-not-be-named. And she does it in a lovely pink ensemble.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:25 am

MissKitty wrote:I like Umbridge! She's sooooooooo evil! Worse than He-who-shall-not-be-named. And she does it in a lovely pink ensemble.

Can’t wait to find a common case doe umbridge and mad eye moody. Those just might be my 2 faves from the set.
It’s me Lynda

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:39 am

Popfanatics wrote:
MissKitty wrote:I like Umbridge! She's sooooooooo evil! Worse than He-who-shall-not-be-named. And she does it in a lovely pink ensemble.

Can’t wait to find a common case doe umbridge and mad eye moody. Those just might be my 2 faves from the set.

My thoughts exactly!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:47 am

I don't mind Filch so much, especially since I do want a Mrs. Norris....but yeah, I feel ya with Umbridge! She is just pure evil, wrapped up in a pretty pink bow! With this set though, I figure it's better to try for them all and pass them on later if I decide against it, than have to track them down however much later for a higher price!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 am

Popfanatics wrote:

I definitely want a Mad-eye Moody! (Or is it Barty Crouch Jr.? :devil: )
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 am

So I know you all will feel my pain on this...

Stopped in at my HT the other day, just to check in. Told my favorite HT buddy I was there to say hi, and check on the HP S3 minis, even though I don't think they're out yet. The other fav hears me, and chimes in "Oh, there was a little kid here earlier, he ended up buying them all".

Cue heart attack.

I was seriously like (internally) "HOW??? They're not out yet!" "EVIL CHILD!" "Why didn't you guys save the box for me?? Haven't I been loyal?!?!"

But instead, I calmly asked the girl at the counter if she could stock check some other local stores for me. They couldn't find them in the system, and my Fav. comes over to help. She eventually says she doesn't think they're out yet, and I'm like "But Fav2 said they all sold?"

Yeah, she was talking about the mystery keychains. I still haven't quite recovered.
Image ImageImage Image

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 am

Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:

I definitely want a Mad-eye Moody! (Or is it Barty Crouch Jr.? :devil: )

Oooohhhhh!!! Yes!! Let's say it's him!! Needs a little tongue sticking out. Ha

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:14 am

Katers wrote:So I know you all will feel my pain on this...

Stopped in at my HT the other day, just to check in. Told my favorite HT buddy I was there to say hi, and check on the HP S3 minis, even though I don't think they're out yet. The other fav hears me, and chimes in "Oh, there was a little kid here earlier, he ended up buying them all".

Cue heart attack.

I was seriously like (internally) "HOW??? They're not out yet!" "EVIL CHILD!" "Why didn't you guys save the box for me?? Haven't I been loyal?!?!"

But instead, I calmly asked the girl at the counter if she could stock check some other local stores for me. They couldn't find them in the system, and my Fav. comes over to help. She eventually says she doesn't think they're out yet, and I'm like "But Fav2 said they all sold?"

Yeah, she was talking about the mystery keychains. I still haven't quite recovered.

Totally understand and glad you had stayed calm, now just breathe and say for that near heart attack can you save me a box when they come in. lol
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:05 am

Katers wrote:

I don't mind Filch so much, especially since I do want a Mrs. Norris....but yeah, I feel ya with Umbridge! She is just pure evil, wrapped up in a pretty pink bow! With this set though, I figure it's better to try for them all and pass them on later if I decide against it, than have to track them down however much later for a higher price!

That is a very good point! I'll probably take whatever I end up with when I go hunting, but she might get shoved into the back of a display case lol
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 am

ImageImageImageImage

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:55 am

Lonikins wrote:Found them on Hot Topic's site!
https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko- ... 03714.html

Seems many people have not been able to put an order through because of invalid payments. I think it's a website glitch, but people are claiming if you order 6 or more, it won't go through. I think that's baloney because I've tried different quantities and still won't let me order. It's a website issue I think.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:14 pm

anyone know who the chase 1/72s are from common and exclusive cases?
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:anyone know who the chase 1/72s are from common and exclusive cases?

Someone said they contacted funko and that they said crabbe and goyle were 1/72

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 pm

yokofox33 wrote:

Seems many people have not been able to put an order through because of invalid payments. I think it's a website glitch, but people are claiming if you order 6 or more, it won't go through. I think that's baloney because I've tried different quantities and still won't let me order. It's a website issue I think.

It's kind of common knowledge around the Mini community that 5 is the max you can order before they flag it as a bulk order and potentially cancel it. I got my 5 in and now I'll wait for them to start hitting around the area.

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Lonikins wrote:
yokofox33 wrote:

It's kind of common knowledge around the Mini community that 5 is the max you can order before they flag it as a bulk order and potentially cancel it. I got my 5 in and now I'll wait for them to start hitting around the area.

tried 5 and wouldn't let me order

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:24 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
yokofox33 wrote:

tried 5 and wouldn't let me order

Weird, I put my order in 8:52am so hopefully mine doesn't get canceled or anything.

ImageImageImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Decided to pick up 5 last night to try my luck. I'm still hoping I'll be able to get them in store this week though. Fingers crossed! I saw someone post of facebook that they pulled all 3 HT exclusives from a single case, so hopefully this will be smooth going for all of us. Then we just have to worry about Target and Barnes!
Hi, I'm Merri!

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Lonikins wrote:
yokofox33 wrote:

Good to know, Thank you.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Can’t order 10 or 2. Wonder what happens if I try it as guest...

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Can’t order 10 or 2. Wonder what happens if I try it as guest...

I tried it all just doesn't let me

Ekkusu_X

Postby Ekkusu_X » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Over here in the West coast/SO Cal the Hot Topic got their case yesterday. Since I'm not going for anything but the Baskilisk I double checked on BnN to see if they had theirs.

No luck, might just call today now that I think on it. It's nice that the boxes are a different color because I was able to specify "The white/ White gold Harry Potter mystery minis" because I knew they still had the S2 ones. I missed out on the Pygmy puff (mainly because Trevor kept getting in the way), I'm not missing out on Baskilisk.
Last edited by Ekkusu_X on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Well my HT just got some in so I'll be headed out after work to pick them up! Wish me luck :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Return to “Blind Bags”