Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby babasdada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:06 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
babasdada wrote:I've been (re) listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks - which by the way are the best narrated audio books eva! (Thanks Jim Dale) - I think we need more of the teachers - We never got professor Flitwick, Prof. Sprout, a Mad Eye Moody Mini. Molly Weaselly. I'd love to see some translucent minis for the ghost, Peeves, Nearly HEadless nick, and my fav a MOANING Myrtle! Of course LUSCIOUS MALFOY!

I have the audiobooks on constant loop to listen to, currently starting OoTP... I listen to the Stephen Fry ones, which after starting listening to the Jim Dale ones, I think are WAY better... Jim Dale always sort of creeped me out when he did Hermy's voice...

Agree that having some ghost minis would be awesome... The LOTR Frodo wearing the ring is great, and I have a couple of the clear X-men ones as well, so adding these to the collection would be awesome...

Are the Stephen Fry narrated version unabridged?
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 pm

I many need to pick up the audio versions now, but only so I can sit there and make a list of all the characters I still want to see in pop forum lol
- tauntaunking on instagram

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 pm

babasdada wrote:Are the Stephen Fry narrated version unabridged?

Yup... word for word...

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 29, 2018 2:07 am

So, having watched the unboxing video for this batch of minis, I'm in! Eh, who am I kidding, I was already in. But I can't wait for this batch - the small details on some of these look amazing! Wish there weren't 3 different stores worth of exclusives, but I'll do what I can with this batch!
Image ImageImage Image

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 29, 2018 9:09 am

Katers wrote:So, having watched the unboxing video for this batch of minis, I'm in! Eh, who am I kidding, I was already in. But I can't wait for this batch - the small details on some of these look amazing! Wish there weren't 3 different stores worth of exclusives, but I'll do what I can with this batch!
Where'd you see the video?

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 am

highlanderfil wrote:
Katers wrote:So, having watched the unboxing video for this batch of minis, I'm in! Eh, who am I kidding, I was already in. But I can't wait for this batch - the small details on some of these look amazing! Wish there weren't 3 different stores worth of exclusives, but I'll do what I can with this batch!

Here you go, the minis part starts at about 1:53:

Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 am

Katers wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:

I so wanted to quit HP MM because this series is going to be tough as hell but I guess I will just try and get what I get. Hopefully no crazy secondary prices this time around. :roflmao:
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 31, 2018 2:02 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Where'd you see the video?

I so wanted to quit HP MM because this series is going to be tough as hell but I guess I will just try and get what I get. Hopefully no crazy secondary prices this time around. :roflmao:

I just hope that the ratios with this round are kinder to us. I doubt they will though! I had thought, with the last set I tried to complete (IW), that Target would be a great place to hunt since there are so many targets. But the common cases at almost every store was very disheartening! Fingers crossed that HP S3 isn't that problematic!
Image ImageImage Image

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:28 am

I just pre-ordered my regular Funko case of Series 3... I was hoping to get a better idea of ratios beforehand, but who am I kidding? They'll more likely be the same as every other bloody series now, and I'd rather get in the first batch to send out than wait and have people already have the doubles that I could re-sell/trade...

I just wish there was more info on the proper ratios, if they're actually due to come out within the next couple of weeks?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:53 am

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I just hope that the ratios with this round are kinder to us. I doubt they will though! I had thought, with the last set I tried to complete (IW), that Target would be a great place to hunt since there are so many targets. But the common cases at almost every store was very disheartening! Fingers crossed that HP S3 isn't that problematic!

The problem with target exclusives on minis and I speak for myself is that I have 3 targets around me and they are hit or miss. What I mean is my targets sometimes did not get "their" exclusives boxes in and in stead got common boxes. For example Stranger things; 2 of my Targets got common cases and the other one got a target exlusive case.

If that trend follows then those will be just as tough as HT for me. At this point with HT I just buy the case and hope I can do something with the commons. I mean LOTR was brutal and I really hope Funko doesnt do that again. you could literally buy the only case HT got and it have no exclusives in it because of the ratios.

Tooner

Postby Tooner » Thu May 31, 2018 2:45 pm

So the non exclusive boxes of these also have messed up ratios.
I suppose we won’t know real ratios until people start opening full cases.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Tooner wrote:So the non exclusive boxes of these also have messed up ratios.

hahah 5 1/6 and two 1/12 talk about hard to find other ratios lol

how could they be okay with just saying oh well and roling out with this?

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:13 pm

aw man! the basilisk is 1/36! what a pain!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu May 31, 2018 8:30 pm

RBlue30 wrote:aw man! the basilisk is 1/36! what a pain!

If you can fins a case that has him I think he should be pretty easy to pick out, unless for some reason they make him hollow he should be the heaviest id imagine by far. Thats what Im banking on at least, fingers crossed on that. Last HP mini wave I was able to map out a nice lil path that lets me hit up all the Barns near me, its a few hours to hit them all but Im just glad I have multiples. Now I just need them to hit the shelf so I can start spending :mir1:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 pm

opopssum wrote:

If you can fins a case that has him I think he should be pretty easy to pick out, unless for some reason they make him hollow he should be the heaviest id imagine by far. Thats what Im banking on at least, fingers crossed on that. Last HP mini wave I was able to map out a nice lil path that lets me hit up all the Barns near me, its a few hours to hit them all but Im just glad I have multiples. Now I just need them to hit the shelf so I can start spending :mir1:

But how to figure out what case will have it, sorry I'm a little clueless on the minis. (I only collect HP minis)
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:53 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

The problem with target exclusives on minis and I speak for myself is that I have 3 targets around me and they are hit or miss. What I mean is my targets sometimes did not get "their" exclusives boxes in and in stead got common boxes. For example Stranger things; 2 of my Targets got common cases and the other one got a target exlusive case.

If that trend follows then those will be just as tough as HT for me. At this point with HT I just buy the case and hope I can do something with the commons. I mean LOTR was brutal and I really hope Funko doesnt do that again. you could literally buy the only case HT got and it have no exclusives in it because of the ratios.

No, I 100% agree on the target mini thing. I went to 8 in one day, and of those 8 - 1 had an exclusive case. 3 still didn't have them out. 4 had common cases. Super super frustrating!!! I do enjoy questing for these things, but that's a little ridiculous. If you're going to offer a store exclusive, those stores shouldn't carry common cases. That seems counter-intuitive!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:57 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Tooner wrote:So the non exclusive boxes of these also have messed up ratios.

hahah 5 1/6 and two 1/12 talk about hard to find other ratios lol

how could they be okay with just saying oh well and roling out with this?

And no 1/72? I mean, don't get me wrong, PLEASE let this be a thing...but we all know that's unlikely.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:05 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
opopssum wrote:

But how to figure out what case will have it, sorry I'm a little clueless on the minis. (I only collect HP minis)

If you're lucky enough to get to the store and the case is still in the cardboard box it was shipped in, it will have a letter on it (A-F ish...). After enough of the cases have been opened in the collector community, we can usually piece together who all is in what case. But it's semi-rare to get lucky enough to find a case where you know which case it is.

Otherwise, your best bet is to follow along and hope people piece out who comes with whom in each case. Like, if you know that Draco comes with a basilisk in half of his cases, you have a better shot of pulling the mini you want!
Image ImageImage Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:09 am

Common cases at HQ are not lettered for HP3. Very likely that the exclusives will also not be lettered

Tooner

Postby Tooner » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:17 am

These have been found in Australia. The bottom image is what was found in a case, so potentially the odds could look something like this;

Fleur 1/6
Harry 1/6
Cedric 1/6
Victor 1/6
Mrs Norris 1/12
Filch 1/24
Crab 1/24
Goyle 1/36
Draco 1/36
Harry World Cup 1/12
Ron World Cup 1/72
Hermione World Cup 1/72

Those ratios would work I think, but until we start seeing someone unbox a full case of 6 boxes, we won’t know for certain.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 am

This is getting ridiculous I do not understand how a company like Funko would see the boxes and be like "ehh whatever let them hunt harder" this misprint is just wrong.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 am

I was really hoping the exclusives wouldn't be 1/72s :( That makes it soooo difficult to find them all.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
opopssum wrote:

If you're lucky enough to get to the store and the case is still in the cardboard box it was shipped in, it will have a letter on it (A-F ish...). After enough of the cases have been opened in the collector community, we can usually piece together who all is in what case. But it's semi-rare to get lucky enough to find a case where you know which case it is.

Otherwise, your best bet is to follow along and hope people piece out who comes with whom in each case. Like, if you know that Draco comes with a basilisk in half of his cases, you have a better shot of pulling the mini you want!

If the letter thing does still apply, I probably should have expanded a bit on my thought I just meant go to enough stores shake the boxes till you find one thats heavier then the others.

Last wave did have "sweet spots" so that narrowed down if the case was fresh and still in the box.

Shaking for lighter ones was how I pulled trevor, tho the owl was an issue, I looked for one that was light but not the lightest possible

I dont scale I really should tho (that is a disscoussion for a diffrent thread), my method is shake and hope.

Im excited to start hunting this set.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:23 pm

I do like the hunt but sometimes it's just ugh like series 1 wasn't bad that was fun but series 2 was just frustrating. So kinda not looking forward to this. Will prolly feel different when I'm in the thick of it.

Tooner

Postby Tooner » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:39 pm

I emailed Funko yesterday, and got this reply today when asking about ratios;

‘Thanks for reaching out to us! I've included the corrections for this set of figures below:

Gregory Goyle (smiling): 1/72
Gregory Goyle (frowning): 1/72
Dolores Umbridge: 1/36

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

I then asked about the exclusive store ratios and got this reply;

‘We're happy to help, and yes! The retailer exclusive runs are correct, aside from Crab and Goyle.

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

It seems very dumb to me to have the two most uninteresting styles to be 1/72. But who knows, if the image above with the open box from target, then it looks unlikely that this is right due to the fact that the person got Draco (1/36) and a Crabbe (1/72) in one box.

Time will tell, but who knows with this set, it really is a mystery! Hah

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Tooner wrote:It seems very dumb to me to have the two most uninteresting styles to be 1/72. But who knows, if the image above with the open box from target, then it looks unlikely that this is right due to the fact that the person got Draco (1/36) and a Crabbe (1/72) in one box.

I actually really hope this is true because then I wouldn't really need the 1/72s from this set. Sure it would be nice to complete it, but if Crabbe and Goyle aren't in my collection I don't think I'll be too upset about it lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Cool Crabb and Goyle are the 1/72s (or Gregory Goyle (frowning) and Gregory Goyle (smiling) lol)

Im ok with that, I if I had to not get any from the set Id be ok on not having those two and Draco.
Ill also be ok on not having the Target exclusives and the HT Lucius Malfoy, since I wont be set complete with out buckbeak I can let my self relax on the others lol

I am so excited to hunt these down. I am ready for an army of my darling hufflepuff Cedric, let him be this waves hermione.

Tooner thank you for reaching out to them :)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Tooner wrote:I emailed Funko yesterday, and got this reply today when asking about ratios;

‘Thanks for reaching out to us! I've included the corrections for this set of figures below:

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

‘We're happy to help, and yes! The retailer exclusive runs are correct, aside from Crab and Goyle.

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

It seems very dumb to me to have the two most uninteresting styles to be 1/72. But who knows, if the image above with the open box from target, then it looks unlikely that this is right due to the fact that the person got Draco (1/36) and a Crabbe (1/72) in one box.

Crazy they responded haha that's cool

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Barnes and noble

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:49 pm

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

If the letter thing does still apply, I probably should have expanded a bit on my thought I just meant go to enough stores shake the boxes till you find one thats heavier then the others.

Last wave did have "sweet spots" so that narrowed down if the case was fresh and still in the box.

Shaking for lighter ones was how I pulled trevor, tho the owl was an issue, I looked for one that was light but not the lightest possible

I dont scale I really should tho (that is a disscoussion for a diffrent thread), my method is shake and hope.

Im excited to start hunting this set.

Hey, if you've got a method that's working for you, more power to you!!

I can't wait for this set to start hitting stores. Really looking forward to the Target exclusives, and Moody.

C'mon people, just take my money! Give me the minis!! :mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Tooner wrote:I emailed Funko yesterday, and got this reply today when asking about ratios;

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Yay you for emailing about the ratios! Though LOL - those aren't the same mini, are they? Isn't one Crabbe, one Goyle? The hair looks different for them, at least in the photo.

I think it's actually a complete and utter kindness for them to make Crabbe/Goyle the 1/72. Not everyone will be going nuts over them, which will make it easier for those of us that REALLY want to complete the set to track them down.
Image ImageImage Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
opopssum wrote:

Thanks for the info
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Katers wrote:

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Yay you for emailing about the ratios! Though LOL - those aren't the same mini, are they? Isn't one Crabbe, one Goyle? The hair looks different for them, at least in the photo.

I think it's actually a complete and utter kindness for them to make Crabbe/Goyle the 1/72. Not everyone will be going nuts over them, which will make it easier for those of us that REALLY want to complete the set to track them down.

Totally agree with this. As a completionist I need em all if I can help it, but to make the Crabbe and Goyle the 1/72’s I’m totally ok with that and they definitely aren’t the must have’s from the common set

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 pm

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Cheers for this... I had seen an image of the email reply but it's always hard to accept if it's like a Chinese whispers sort of situation (plus when they can't even get the name of the characters right! lol). The maths definitely works out and while I'm amazed that they actually got back to you, I'm even more amazed that they didn't make an exclusive 1/72!

While I would really like Crabbe & Goyle to go with my previous Malfoy, I'd much rather the exclusives from most of them and if I get lucky with either of them, great... Hopefully this helps the secondary market as well, but someone in Australia is already selling a Basilisk and it's already over AU$100! Absolute madness!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Yeah this set like the first two is well done and no doubt will be highly sought after. I also was very happy to not see any 1/72 exclusives with this series

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Totally agree with this. As a completionist I need em all if I can help it, but to make the Crabbe and Goyle the 1/72’s I’m totally ok with that and they definitely aren’t the must have’s from the common set

I'm kind of hoping that this means, if we have to resort to Ebay for them, that they won't be exorbitant! That we'll get lucky and people will be like "ugh, pulled this guy. Selling him on ebay!"
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:30 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team ’

Cheers for this... I had seen an image of the email reply but it's always hard to accept if it's like a Chinese whispers sort of situation (plus when they can't even get the name of the characters right! lol). The maths definitely works out and while I'm amazed that they actually got back to you, I'm even more amazed that they didn't make an exclusive 1/72!

While I would really like Crabbe & Goyle to go with my previous Malfoy, I'd much rather the exclusives from most of them and if I get lucky with either of them, great... Hopefully this helps the secondary market as well, but someone in Australia is already selling a Basilisk and it's already over AU$100! Absolute madness!

That's absolutely crazy, the set isn't really even out yet! :-s
Image ImageImage Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Katers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm kind of hoping that this means, if we have to resort to Ebay for them, that they won't be exorbitant! That we'll get lucky and people will be like "ugh, pulled this guy. Selling him on ebay!"

Haha! Most definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as bad as the more recent 1/72 prices hopefully.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Katers wrote:That's absolutely crazy, the set isn't really even out yet! :-s

Knowing the seller and their dodgy reputation, I'm actually really suspicious that they pushed the price up themselves with dodgy buyer accounts just to justify future listings... such a scam... I'm gonna screengrab it and see them use the exact same photo multiple times...

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:That's absolutely crazy, the set isn't really even out yet! :-s

Knowing the seller and their dodgy reputation, I'm actually really suspicious that they pushed the price up themselves with dodgy buyer accounts just to justify future listings... such a scam... I'm gonna screengrab it and see them use the exact same photo multiple times...

Is it the same as that buckbeak seller? That is my moment of Funko saltyness, every time I see a buckbeak listing with that same picture my heart dies a lil

Return to “Blind Bags”