Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
dexiesmom

Re: Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:57 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I feel ya it’s getting to be the same here in Washington. Luckily with the HT 2 of the 3 will be the heaviest by a mile if you pick them up. If you happen to stumble across anymore fresh case there, the middle 4 are where the exclusives are if it hasn’t been messed with, but like you say-it’s darn near impossible to find these days ](*,)

I mean...what kind of monster you opens cases and mixes them together?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
But I hope you are able to find a case too!! I have a few random extras I’m hoping to trade at/by fundays for other commons.

I did luckily find the HT exclusives myself. I was lucky enough to find a case that hadn’t been touched yet and had some help from an awesome local funatic. I would totally bring any extras I find/have to Fundays also if you want to trade

Awesome! I am bringing all my extra minis to Fundays hoping to trade! Hopefully I can find you!! I’ll have a hot pink bag with my username in lime green on it. :colors:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:29 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I mean...what kind of monster you opens cases and mixes them together?!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
But I hope you are able to find a case too!! I have a few random extras I’m hoping to trade at/by fundays for other commons.

I did luckily find the HT exclusives myself. I was lucky enough to find a case that hadn’t been touched yet and had some help from an awesome local funatic. I would totally bring any extras I find/have to Fundays also if you want to trade

Awesome! I am bringing all my extra minis to Fundays hoping to trade! Hopefully I can find you!! I’ll have a hot pink bag with my username in lime green on it. :colors:

Awesome sounds good! I’ll make sure to grab any extras myself and I’ll pm you on here or something and we can do some trading

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Just wonder is a good idea or not to drive a hour to a different city to check in Target if they have the exclusives cases there? :-k

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:44 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I did luckily find the HT exclusives myself. I was lucky enough to find a case that hadn’t been touched yet and had some help from an awesome local funatic. I would totally bring any extras I find/have to Fundays also if you want to trade

Awesome sounds good! I’ll make sure to grab any extras myself and I’ll pm you on here or something and we can do some trading

Sounds like a plan!! ;-)

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Lakers wrote:Just wonder is a good idea or not to drive a hour to a different city to check in Target if they have the exclusives cases there? :-k

I'd call and have them visually confirm that it's Wave 2

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Everytime I find these at the stores they’re mostly torn up and opened or empty. Makes me sad that I have to buy them second hand. I lose the element of surprise :(
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:01 pm

datfunkojawn wrote:Everytime I find these at the stores they’re mostly torn up and opened or empty. Makes me sad that I have to buy them second hand. I lose the element of surprise :(

yeah, especially at walmart :-/

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
Lakers wrote:Just wonder is a good idea or not to drive a hour to a different city to check in Target if they have the exclusives cases there? :-k

Definitely save yourself the drive and call to ask beforehand.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

This is a good idea especially since it seems these are tied to series 1. Only problem is 98% of the employees will most likely have no clue what you are talking about, or will tell you they do indeed have them when it could still be series one they have in stock. If you happen to spot any locally from series 2 will you let me know? I have been to a few lately and all of them have series one commons still in stock ](*,)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:12 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

This is a good idea especially since it seems these are tied to series 1. Only problem is 98% of the employees will most likely have no clue what you are talking about, or will tell you they do indeed have them when it could still be series one they have in stock. If you happen to spot any locally from series 2 will you let me know? I have been to a few lately and all of them have series one commons still in stock ](*,)

lol This is true - most of the time they don't know if it's series 1 or 2 they just know if it's the R&M boxes. If they can figure out what you are talking about without the DCPI.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:

lol This is true - most of the time they don't know if it's series 1 or 2 they just know if it's the R&M boxes. If they can figure out what you are talking about without the DCPI.

So true. You'd most likely have to get a R+M fan on the phone to be able to explain the difference between the two. I can see it now, "No sir, this set definitely has the Poopy Butthole in it" :eek: lol

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:22 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:This is a good idea especially since it seems these are tied to series 1. Only problem is 98% of the employees will most likely have no clue what you are talking about, or will tell you they do indeed have them when it could still be series one they have in stock. If you happen to spot any locally from series 2 will you let me know? I have been to a few lately and all of them have series one commons still in stock ](*,)

So true. You'd most likely have to get a R+M fan on the phone to be able to explain the difference between the two. I can see it now, "No sir, this set definitely has the Poopy Butthole in it" :eek: lol

lol lol Trying to explain the different characters to someone who had no idea who they were would be hilarious.
But having someone visually check the boxes would be almost impossible unless they are collectors since the boxes look exactly alike except with different figures on the front. :alien: :alien:

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

Oh yeah, this has definitely happened to me on a few occasions. I'll let you know if I find anything.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:16 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:

Well decided to go afterall. Unfortunally no luck, but at least they have some Deadpool Target exclusives and got a Target exclusive and also able to get a Iron Spiderman Target exclusive Pop!

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Lakers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:

Well decided to go afterall. Unfortunally no luck, but at least they have some Deadpool Target exclusives and got a Target exclusive and also able to get a Iron Spiderman Target exclusive Pop!

Nice pickups!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:38 am

FearlessPhotog wrote:
datfunkojawn wrote:Everytime I find these at the stores they’re mostly torn up and opened or empty. Makes me sad that I have to buy them second hand. I lose the element of surprise :(

I stop going to the Walmart’s by me. The funko section is either non-existing or completely trashed. Hate that place so much ..
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:05 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:

Oh yeah, this has definitely happened to me on a few occasions. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Excellent thanks a ton

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Lakers wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:

That’s a bummer they didn’t have the R+M but the Deadpool’s and especially the iron spider more than made the trip worth it. Congrats!

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:23 pm

datfunkojawn wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:

I stop going to the Walmart’s by me. The funko section is either non-existing or completely trashed. Hate that place so much ..

for sure, my walmart is definitely perpetually trashed :(

MyFriendKevin

Postby MyFriendKevin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:50 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
MyFriendKevin wrote:I found a box today at a Target near me and they rang up at $4.99 instead of $5.99.

Not sure if that is normal or not but that would be great if they dropped the prices on these minis. I know Hot Topic (although still overpriced) seems to have dropped their prices down a dollar as well on their new minis

Yea I would love to see a permanent dollar drop in price for Minis especially Hot Topic!
:freddy2:
What a nice boat. Do you want it back?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:41 pm

MyFriendKevin wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
MyFriendKevin wrote:I found a box today at a Target near me and they rang up at $4.99 instead of $5.99.

Not sure if that is normal or not but that would be great if they dropped the prices on these minis. I know Hot Topic (although still overpriced) seems to have dropped their prices down a dollar as well on their new minis

Yea I would love to see a permanent dollar drop in price for Minis especially Hot Topic!

If I can help it, I only like to buy minis from them if I have hot cash anymore. Even at $8, they are still higher than any other retail chain for the most part

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 am

I don’t get why these are still going for around 200. The hot topic or GameStop sets never got that high when they 1st came out. I’d assume people would know about the odds changing when those came out 1st.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:31 am

mrxdoe wrote:

This! I made my drive, that wasn't an hour, only to find it was wave 1. :/

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 am

Lakers wrote:Well decided to go afterall. Unfortunally no luck, but at least they have some Deadpool Target exclusives and got a Target exclusive and also able to get a Iron Spiderman Target exclusive Pop!

Whew! Glad it wasn't a wasted trip! Glad you got some good stuff out of it!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 am

mrxdoe wrote:I don’t get why these are still going for around 200. The hot topic or GameStop sets never got that high when they 1st came out. I’d assume people would know about the odds changing when those came out 1st.

Target is the worst of all the retailer exclusives in terms of actually getting them in store. I can walk into a Hot Topic and never have an issue, unless someone beat me to the punch. With Target it's hit and miss, the fact the DCPI is shared with wave 1 makes it worse. From shady employees, to the ones that don't know what you are talking about. Luck is a major factor, have to be there at the right place and the right time.

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 am

I think it's also because many Targets in the East Coast have yet to receive them. People want to finish their sets and have no patience and will pay for peace of mind instead of the hassle of checking their local Targets everyday.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
mrxdoe wrote:I don’t get why these are still going for around 200. The hot topic or GameStop sets never got that high when they 1st came out. I’d assume people would know about the odds changing when those came out 1st.

Target is the worst of all the retailer exclusives in terms of actually getting them in store. I can walk into a Hot Topic and never have an issue, unless someone beat me to the punch. With Target it's hit and miss, the fact the DCPI is shared with wave 1 makes it worse. From shady employees, to the ones that don't know what you are talking about. Luck is a major factor, have to be there at the right place and the right time.

I used to not have this issue with Targets but it seems over the last 6 months or so this has become a major issue. Half will put them out when they receive them, half hold them for a street date. Also now with these being tied to series one DCpi, brickseek is utterly useless to find these. Like you say, right place at the right time, instead of a little research and some gas.

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:40 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

I used to not have this issue with Targets but it seems over the last 6 months or so this has become a major issue. Half will put them out when they receive them, half hold them for a street date. Also now with these being tied to series one DCpi, brickseek is utterly useless to find these. Like you say, right place at the right time, instead of a little research and some gas.

It must be very hard to find, there's only 4 ebay listings for complete sets (2 from AUS) and one on mercari

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:45 pm

its hard to find so far
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Some Target stores just put the case in the shelves and did not put the upc code or dcpi on their computer. So maybe they have it on the floor and Brickseek will not know exactly which store have it or not.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Lakers wrote:Some Target stores just put the case in the shelves and did not put the upc code or dcpi on their computer. So maybe they have it on the floor and Brickseek will not know exactly which store have it or not.

It's such a pain hunting for crap at Target. lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm

i'm still in need of a Crocubot if anybody happens to pull an extra ;)

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:03 pm

I’ve been to 7 Targets now and no luck. The closest I got was having an employee say they had a fresh case in back only to have them bring me Series 1. Such a rush when I saw the box only to be utterly disappointed. It’s awesome lol
I'm Abe

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:49 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

It must be very hard to find, there's only 4 ebay listings for complete sets (2 from AUS) and one on mercari

Definitely hard to find. I don’t know if anyone actually knows any rhyme or reason to the release of these. Never had an exclusive set like this before that was tied to a series before it

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I’ve been to 7 Targets now and no luck. The closest I got was having an employee say they had a fresh case in back only to have them bring me Series 1. Such a rush when I saw the box only to be utterly disappointed. It’s awesome lol

That is a problem on Target. Most of the employees maybe only match the name of the products they are not familiar with or sometimes they don't even know those kind of inventory they have, and give you wrong info. Also series 1 and 2 have the same DCPI so that also confuse them.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I’ve been to 7 Targets now and no luck. The closest I got was having an employee say they had a fresh case in back only to have them bring me Series 1. Such a rush when I saw the box only to be utterly disappointed. It’s awesome lol

Found two cases (both by accident) out here in the burbs. They're around. I think the store just has to sell out of S1 first.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:

Found two cases (both by accident) out here in the burbs. They're around. I think the store just has to sell out of S1 first.

Hey Bizzy what suburb are you in? That way I know which one NOT to check lol. I've been checking most Targets in Chicago and there's nothing here. I don't get how some of IL got them that long ago and none in Chicago have gotten them...
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:16 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:

Nice!! Just sucks going every day, but hope to get lucky! Congrats on finding 'em!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:28 pm

throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Hey Bizzy what suburb are you in? That way I know which one NOT to check lol. I've been checking most Targets in Chicago and there's nothing here. I don't get how some of IL got them that long ago and none in Chicago have gotten them...

Haha I'm out by Schaumburg, Bloomingdale. I'll be keeping my eye out for any more for you guys. I used the second set to trade for the HT exclusives I missed out on. So no more needed here!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:18 pm

my target got them...I was of course too late and they were picked over. stupidly tried my luck anyway and got Summer and Hemorrhage :(

Return to “Blind Bags”