Speculation on Harry Potter Series 3!!!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Speculation on Harry Potter Series 3!!!

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 am

babasdada wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Image

Let's see so we have

Barnes and Noble
Tom Riddle
Moaning Myrtle
Basalisk

Target
Quidditch world cup:
Ron
Harry
Hermoine

Hot Topic:
Floo powder Harry?
Lucius Malfory
Sepia Tom Riddle

Commons:
Mad Eye Moody
Argus Filch
Delores Umbridge (HEM HEM)
Draco Malfoy - normal clothes?
Fleur
Cedric
Goyle
Mrs. Norris
Rita Skeeter
Viktor Krum
Crabbe
Harry Potter - Hogwarts robes?

I really think we should be calling Floo Power Harry "Diagonally Harry"!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 am

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:Regular Tonks as a 1/12, and a different colored hair/face Tonks as an exclusive! Or...if they REALLY want to get hardcore, give us a Tonks whose hair changes based on temperature, like a mood ring!

I am absolutely in love with that ideal :love7: if there is any way for Funko to pull that off I would be way over buying trying to get one.

Maybe wave 4...ya know, if they're keeping track here what we really want!
Image ImageImage Image

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue May 15, 2018 1:45 am

I agree some weird choices, looks like a heavy emphasis on Years 2 and 4. I am loving Moaning Myrtle, Sepia Tom and Fleur. And of course, the Basilisk. I do love some monsters.
San Diego funatic

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:51 am

So which 3 of the common set do we think will swap out for the store exclusives? I'm kinda thinking (and am not happy about it) - Moody, Skeeter and Harry?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 am

magicalme wrote:The minis have been announced and let me just say HOLY HARRY POTTER! I love them - Esp the Target exclusives! Ugh! My poor bank account!!

That's pretty much exactly where I'm at! Really glad I have a lot of Targets, but after the common case fiasco of the IW minis, I'm not looking forward to an entire day shot going from Target to Target!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 am

Avengers74 wrote:Absolutely in love with this set. I love that it has a nice wide variety of characters and not a ton of duplicates. I just hope that some of the new characters will make their way to Pops - especiallyMoaning Myrtle, Rita Skeeter, Krum, Fleur, Crabbe, Goyle and Filch & Mrs Norris. I like that there is only Harry & Malfoy in the regular set as repeated characters. The Quidditch World Cup ones are really adorable! All of the exclusives turned out way too great as I need them all! But why oh why did there have to be Target exclusives! I can handle Hot Topic and B&N, but Target is horrible at stocking them past the first case.

I'm just thrilled that the trio aren't going to be 1/6s this round! It's not a great scenario for them to be exclusives, but I'll take that over a pile of extra trio minis!!
Image ImageImage Image

Mystery_Mini_God

Harry Potter S3 Graphic with Names

Postby Mystery_Mini_God » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 am

If this set is anything like the prior two... it’s gonna be a nightmare to complete. Having to find three different store exclusives can be a pain even if all turn out to be 1/12.

Target is iffy on getting cases out on time, and employees check them. HT normally gets one case now, and Barnes is Barnes. Who’s ready for July!?

Minis: 1,799 (no doubles)
Sets completed: 102
Complete on all sets achieved on February 24th, 2018.
#TheyAllComeHome

Instagram: Os_the_mystery_mini_hunter

YouTube: Mystery Mini God Os

Find assistance at my FB group @ Funko Mystery Minis Hunt: Buy & Sale/Trade/Chat

Come on in... You’ll love us! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/

magicalme

Re: Harry Potter S3 Graphic with Names

Postby magicalme » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 am

Those quidditch World Cup Target Exclusives are everything ... I have the worst luck with finding minis though so may have to rely on some helpful friends haha
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 am

have there been any whispers about ratios yet? honestly im terrified to see.
- tauntaunking on instagram

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 am

Katers wrote:
babasdada wrote:

Let's see so we have

Barnes and Noble
Tom Riddle
Moaning Myrtle
Basalisk

Target
Quidditch world cup:
Ron
Harry
Hermoine

Hot Topic:
Floo powder Harry?
Lucius Malfory
Sepia Tom Riddle

Commons:
Mad Eye Moody
Argus Filch
Delores Umbridge (HEM HEM)
Draco Malfoy - normal clothes?
Fleur
Cedric
Goyle
Mrs. Norris
Rita Skeeter
Viktor Krum
Crabbe
Harry Potter - Hogwarts robes?

I really think we should be calling Floo Power Harry "Diagonally Harry"!

Love this set - nice balance of characters and a nice variety of secondary characters to help fill our collections which is always nice. I like that they are keeping the Harry Potter line and Fantastic Beasts lines separate even though they are the same universe.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 am

magicalme wrote:Those quidditch World Cup Target Exclusives are everything ... I have the worst luck with finding minis though so may have to rely on some helpful friends haha

Hopefully we will have some kind of sweet spot/area to help narrow things down a little bit and cut down on the doubles. We did at least with S2

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Ugh, Target (and further ugh, Hot Topic). Not looking forward to this mess. Awesome character selection, no fault there...maybe the odds will be better this time 'round, but I'm not holding my breath. Am a bit disappointed, though, that Tonks and the Weasley parents didn't make it. I mean, seriously, Floo and Hogwarts robes Harry?

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Katers wrote:

So which 3 of the common set do we think will swap out for the store exclusives? I'm kinda thinking (and am not happy about it) - Moody, Skeeter and Harry?

I think it’s Moody, Skeeter and Umbridge.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

Mystery_Mini_God wrote:If this set is anything like the prior two... it’s gonna be a nightmare to complete. Having to find three different store exclusives can be a pain even if all turn out to be 1/12.

Target is iffy on getting cases out on time, and employees check them. HT normally gets one case now, and Barnes is Barnes. Who’s ready for July!?

I'm really hoping for 1/12, since there doesn't seem to be a 3-set Funko exclusive batch (at least, not listed yet!) to swap out with the exclusives. That reminds me of how the Incredibles 2 set was listed. So here's hoping!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 am

nightschwing wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think it’s Moody, Skeeter and Umbridge.

I would be thrilled with Skeeter and Umbridge, at least. The fewer duplicates of those I end up with, the better!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 am

kihou wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Yeah, unfortunately I'm a bit OCD when it comes to collections such as this one, so galling though it may be to eventually pay exorbitant money for Floo Harry, chances are I'll end up doing it.

What's Funko's recent track record been on odds for new releases?

Lots of 1/6 ratios, and crazy hard to find 1/36 and/or 1/72 exclusives for store exclusives that never put them out on the shelves. Good times...

Looking at LOTR and Infinity Wars, it was bad. Rick and Morty s2 and Nick 90s Cartoons sets were both magically 1/12s though! Maybe we will get a miracle lol

Please let this set be 1/12! Please!! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Katers wrote:I'm really hoping for 1/12, since there doesn't seem to be a 3-set Funko exclusive batch (at least, not listed yet!) to swap out with the exclusives. That reminds me of how the Incredibles 2 set was listed. So here's hoping!

As per the post above yours, the Funko blog post showed the three Funko 'exclusives':

nightschwing wrote:I think it’s Moody, Skeeter and Umbridge.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up about 1/12, there's ZERO chance that Funko will do that with these and even hoping that they will do a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/72 at least for their exclusives is beyond reason as well, seeing as who are the Funko exclusives...

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Katers wrote:I'm really hoping for 1/12, since there doesn't seem to be a 3-set Funko exclusive batch (at least, not listed yet!) to swap out with the exclusives. That reminds me of how the Incredibles 2 set was listed. So here's hoping!

As per the post above yours, the Funko blog post showed the three Funko 'exclusives':

nightschwing wrote:I think it’s Moody, Skeeter and Umbridge.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up about 1/12, there's ZERO chance that Funko will do that with these and even hoping that they will do a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/72 at least for their exclusives is beyond reason as well, seeing as who are the Funko exclusives...

Well, I won't be heartbroken if I manage to get through this set with just one Umbridge. Not even sure I want the one! But Moody and Skeeter are musts! As is most of the set.

And I know, realistically, that a 1/12 set is very unlikely. But I can hope! My trade pile keeps telling me to hope!
Image ImageImage Image

Tooner

Postby Tooner » Fri May 25, 2018 3:46 am

Saw this on Facebook. Turns out that the ratios on these are all messed up too. It’s mathematically impossible to have these ratios, so we’ll wait and see as to where Funko have messed up again.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri May 25, 2018 4:07 am

Tooner wrote:Image

Saw this on Facebook. Turns out that the ratios on these are all messed up too. It’s mathematically impossible to have these ratios, so we’ll wait and see as to where Funko have messed up again.

Yeah it doesn’t add up at all. The 1/6’s would take up 10 spots alone in a case

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 am

The only variants I want are the Quidditch Cup set from Target. Hopefully they are all 1/12... Not gonna go crazy on this set, but I feel the Hot Topic ones will be rare. Hopefully none become the Buckbeak of the group. Will focus on characters they haven't made yet.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Return to “Blind Bags”