New Member, Need opinions on situation

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Mysterypop

New Member, Need opinions on situation

Postby Mysterypop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi,
In search of a resolution to my problem, I stumbled on this active forum which I hope to contribute to in the future, but now I need some of your opinions.

I purchased 18 Deadpool mystery bobbleheads (2 orders of 9 since they limit each order to 10) from Hot Topic for delivery. They came and I opened all of them, to my surprise though, I had 3 different style deadpools total. Opened 7 identical robin hoods, 7 doctors, and 4 chickens. They were all 1:6 and this was my first time ordering from HT online so I am not sure if this is common or not. I basically purchased a box and a half, but surely there is no way that I could be getting duplicates like this, can I? Nobody at HT would have taken the rarer ones, would they?

For the most part I stick with buying blind bags in store, but decided to save the hassle this one time.

I am excited to meet fellow collectors on here and sorry for the not so great introduction.

dcooperfl

Re: New Member, Need opinions on situation

Postby dcooperfl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm

It’s all going to depend on how they pull the orders. You were just very unlucky on the boxes they grabbed for you. Or maybe there were some poorly packed cases somewhere that didn’t get mixed up. More than likely they may unpack cases for this type of individual shipping and you got the bad draw.

Welcome to the boards, maybe you can trade your army for the other 1/6’s out there.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

Mysterypop

Postby Mysterypop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:35 pm

dcooperfl wrote:It’s all going to depend on how they pull the orders. You were just very unlucky on the boxes they grabbed for you. Or maybe there were some poorly packed cases somewhere that didn’t get mixed up. More than likely they may unpack cases for this type of individual shipping and you got the bad draw.

Welcome to the boards, maybe you can trade your army for the other 1/6’s out there.

Thank you for the Welcome! I figured it was bad luck, but was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation or possibly some more insight on how they pull orders.

I would love to trade these as well as other mystery minis I have, is there another board or forum for that?
Thanks

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:57 pm

dcooperfl wrote:It’s all going to depend on how they pull the orders. You were just very unlucky on the boxes they grabbed for you. Or maybe there were some poorly packed cases somewhere that didn’t get mixed up. More than likely they may unpack cases for this type of individual shipping and you got the bad draw.

I buy a case to avoid this problem, and trade the few dupes.
Last edited by supertoygiant on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Yeah I'm guessing they just pull the order from stacks of boxes and don't even consider grabbing a case for you even if your order enough to equal a case.

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:06 pm

This is exactly why i stopped doing Mini's. lol I still try my luck from time to time though.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Mysterypop

Postby Mysterypop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:07 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
I buy case to avoid this problem, and trade the few dupes.

The interesting thing is that they limit each order to 10, allowing multiple orders, but there is no way to get a case because each case has 12 boxes.

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Mysterypop wrote:

Thank you for the Welcome! I figured it was bad luck, but was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation or possibly some more insight on how they pull orders.

I would love to trade these as well as other mystery minis I have, is there another board or forum for that?
Thanks

There is a thread for trading and selling, but you’ll have to have more of a history here before you participate.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Mysterypop wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
I buy case to avoid this problem, and trade the few dupes.

The interesting thing is that they limit each order to 10, allowing multiple orders, but there is no way to get a case because each case has 12 boxes.

Yeah, minis are a crab shoot and especillay if they are exclusives. I bought a case at toys R is of coco Minis but have yet to open it. :-$
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Mysterypop wrote:Hi,
In search of a resolution to my problem, I stumbled on this active forum which I hope to contribute to in the future, but now I need some of your opinions.

I purchased 18 Deadpool mystery bobbleheads (2 orders of 9 since they limit each order to 10) from Hot Topic for delivery. They came and I opened all of them, to my surprise though, I had 3 different style deadpools total. Opened 7 identical robin hoods, 7 doctors, and 4 chickens. They were all 1:6 and this was my first time ordering from HT online so I am not sure if this is common or not. I basically purchased a box and a half, but surely there is no way that I could be getting duplicates like this, can I? Nobody at HT would have taken the rarer ones, would they?

For the most part I stick with buying blind bags in store, but decided to save the hassle this one time.

I am excited to meet fellow collectors on here and sorry for the not so great introduction.

HT has designated links for Whole Case purchases. They have NOT sold whole cases for a while maybe a year or two and when they did it was not for all series they carried. It was like Bethesda and a few other ones that I personally did not care about. But the link will actually indicate that its for a case. Buying 18 loose is just that youre getting 18 from whatever pile/cases or whatever they are picking from. Sorry about your luck though :(. I rarely get lucky with online orders either. Plus side, RobinPool is so cute!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Personally I haven’t had a ton of luck with online orders either from HT, but I’ve had better luck when I order small batches of 4-5 minis at a time from them, even if I want to get more than that. I’ve learned that whoever ships them will just grab you random ones so if you have multiple orders of 4 at a time, they will fill your orders one at a time so it gives you better odds each order as opposed to 9-10 at a time when they will just grab that many from one or two cases and odds are you’ll be stuck with a bunch of 1/6’s unfortunately

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Mysterypop wrote: Buying 18 loose is just that youre getting 18 from whatever pile/cases or whatever they are picking from.

I don’t know how true it is, but I’ve been told the same information.

It actually sounds the logical way to do it, since the people packing, are usually under pressure to get onto the next package
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:55 am

Yeah sorry that's a hard pill to swallow. Better luck next time ;)

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:08 am

Talk about bad luck!

Typically, when buying online, the warehouse will usually just ship what they have on hand rather than use a case as most others here have said, and you happened to get a bunch of dupes. Bummer.

I recommend that you try trading the duplicates via Facebook or Reddit or any other trading groups, or sell them on Ebay. (I also like to give away dupes to my SO or use them for customization projects) I tend to buy these in real life and only resort to online stores when I'm desperate. I've lucked out buying these online though, and have even gotten exclusives at times. It's all the luck of the draw.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:11 am

Oh man,that's a tuff one... i personally go Into the store and will just buy a whole untouched case that they bring out still wrapped from the stock room. But now that Funko is putting out 4 1/6 in each case I no longer do that, I can't afford to keep getting 4 duplicates right off the bat. So now If I need a set, I will just buy or trade with members on a Facebook group, or a local group here in my town. I used to be a mystery mini completionist, but not anymore.... I still have over 500 minis, but now I just get the ones I really want or love.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Tough lesson here. Never order loose minis online anywhere. Welcome and good luck!
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

monktoast

Postby monktoast » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Yikes that's horrible..sorry to see that happen to you.
Image Image

Dean1217

Postby Dean1217 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your luck. I had this happen with Pint-Size Heroes from HT about a year ago. I haven't tried ordering any kind of blind bag/mystery mini online since. I hope your luck turns around on your next pulls!
Collecting since 2014
Funatic of the Week November 2nd, 2018
Instagram: @JohnnyMeanDean

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:18 pm

this definitely falls in the category of bad luck!! sorry to hear that!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 pm

I've had bad luck on HT and Barnes and Noble orders...so I stopped ordering minis online.
I prefer to have more control over my mini choices :)

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Oof. Best part, maybe, is a good majority are the 1/6 exclusives at least. I haven’t ordered minis online from HT yet but almost did with Deadpool. Such weird results. Almost makes you wonder if they just have a big bin they dump them in and pick from or something
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:02 pm

dang that is some bad luck, make some trading posts on funko facebook groups and see if anyone wants to trade,
hope you have better luck next time

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:50 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:Personally I haven’t had a ton of luck with online orders either from HT, but I’ve had better luck when I order small batches of 4-5 minis at a time from them, even if I want to get more than that. I’ve learned that whoever ships them will just grab you random ones so if you have multiple orders of 4 at a time, they will fill your orders one at a time so it gives you better odds each order as opposed to 9-10 at a time when they will just grab that many from one or two cases and odds are you’ll be stuck with a bunch of 1/6’s unfortunately

Yeah, this! I ordered 10 FNaF S3 ones from HT.com and got all the 1/6's and maybe one of the normal 1/24's. Then I've seen people ordering three from HT.com and getting the 1/72's and 1/36's. I also got duplicates from an order of KH minis too (but fortunately pulled two of the three exclusives since they are 1/12 odds).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:56 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Personally I haven’t had a ton of luck with online orders either from HT, but I’ve had better luck when I order small batches of 4-5 minis at a time from them, even if I want to get more than that. I’ve learned that whoever ships them will just grab you random ones so if you have multiple orders of 4 at a time, they will fill your orders one at a time so it gives you better odds each order as opposed to 9-10 at a time when they will just grab that many from one or two cases and odds are you’ll be stuck with a bunch of 1/6’s unfortunately

Yeah, this! I ordered 10 FNaF S3 ones from HT.com and got all the 1/6's and maybe one of the normal 1/24's. Then I've seen people ordering three from HT.com and getting the 1/72's and 1/36's. I also got duplicates from an order of KH minis too (but fortunately pulled two of the three exclusives since they are 1/12 odds).

Discovered this accidentally when I wanted to get a bunch of LOTR minis but didn't have enough hot cash to get the amount I wanted. So I ended up doing 4 orders of 4 minis each, and 3 of the orders I got a HT exclusive in. Had I have ordered just 10 or so at once, more than likely I would be lucky to see only one exclusive if that

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Though not to the degree that you experienced, my luck with online orders has been bad as well. I now always just buy in store, and if I am able, fresh case. Dupes make great giveaways to friends.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 pm

The only way I buy these is in the store from a brand new box never opened. Will bring the family and buy the box or get them on separate orders or get people in the store to buy for me. If don't have a new box I won't buy any because more than likely they have already been scaled and won't even have a chance at the rare minis.
Last edited by TJLAUTERBACH on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:The only way I buy these is in the store from a brand new box never opened. Will bring the family and buy the box or get them on separate orders or get people in the store to buy for me. If don't have a new box I won't buy any because more than likely they have already been scaled and won't even have a chance at the rare minis.

djwu

Postby djwu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Wow, yeah i can only think of bad luck of sort but wow
Image Image

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:The only way I buy these is in the store from a brand new box never opened. Will bring the family and buy the box or get them on separate orders or get people in the store to buy for me. If don't have a new box I won't buy any because more than likely they have already been scaled and won't even have a chance at the rare minis.

Scales arent 100%. How do you know they aren't rares if you don't but them?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:08 am

If scales were not accurate then why would anyone use them. I have seen people using the scales at just about every location countless times. They will be at stores when they open just to go scale the new inventory. And yes I have bought several before and no I never got a rare when it was an old box. Now I buy only a new box and yes I have gotten several rares and even some super rares.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:27 am

Yikes that is unfortunate, I don't think that they would try to purposely leave commons. I think its just a bad draw.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Sorry for your situation. I usually don't buy loose boxes online to avoid this kind of situation. Because you don't know where those boxes come from, they can be just random grab or remain from open boxes from stores. So I think next time just order a seal case and you will not have so many duplicates.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Anything blind I don't like to order. I want to be able to choose which box I want, so if I'm unlucky I'm not really that mad. hahaha
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Sometimes they open the cases, which sounds like the case in your situation sadly. :( Sorry for your bad luck. Happened to my at HT in the mall before.

Return to “Blind Bags”