Mini's without the mystery

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Heli88

Re: Mini's without the mystery

Postby Heli88 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

They should do window boxes for all 1/6 figures, regardless of whether the rest of the set is mysterious or not.

I'm torn; I like the mystery and it's fun to get a rare figure, but I agree that duplicates suck and it's typically a pain to trade or sell low-rarity figures. I think I'd lean toward non-mystery, just because I don't want to sink a lot of money into buying the same figures over and over.

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:07 pm

I like hunting out the rare mystery minis.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm

i like the idea of it but am not so sure about how well they will actually work. Some characters will be more popular than others and if you know what you are getting some boxes might just sit on the shelf for a while. It also seems like there are a lot more people hunting the rare minis now so if they do have different ratios it will be easier for people to buy just to resell the rare. but sounds interesting!

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:49 pm

I really don't feel like it'll matter if the less popular characters sit after people have pulled their wants from a case.

Boxes are sitting now because the bottom of a case is usually all the 1/6 figures. You walk in and see a case that only has the bottom row, you turn around and walk back out unless you actually want a 1/6 figure.

Hell, there's a whole case of Cuphead sitting untouched at my local HT because people know Matchstick isn't there.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Anyone get the Godzilla 3 pack!
Seems like its not only Burning Godzilla in it.
I got something cooler!
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Chaister87 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:So does the open window concept only for the new Mickey minis or will it stick to all future mystery mini releases?

Right now Mickey is the only one we know of that is being released this way.

Okie dokie thank you

I would assume based on the sales of this set, it will determine if we see many more done this way. But they may have one or two more already queued up to be done this way. Since products are usually scheduled to be released pretty far in advance.

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Right now Mickey is the only one we know of that is being released this way.

Okie dokie thank you

I would assume based on the sales of this set, it will determine if we see many more done this way. But they may have one or two more already queued up to be done this way. Since products are usually scheduled to be released pretty far in advance.

One potential cause to the new open box concept might be the fact that there’s so many rude people that open the boxes in store to figure out what’s inside, and if it’s not what they want, they would just leave them. I see so many of them in Walmart usually so maybe they’re pushing for these open windows to prevent them from happening

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:50 am

Chaister87 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:
Okie dokie thank you

One potential cause to the new open box concept might be the fact that there’s so many rude people that open the boxes in store to figure out what’s inside, and if it’s not what they want, they would just leave them. I see so many of them in Walmart usually so maybe they’re pushing for these open windows to prevent them from happening

Although this does happen frequently with blind boxes, I have seen this also happen to open window toys. People can be greedy, selfish jerks who just want to take things without paying. It's not something that can be evaded.

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 am

Blake85 wrote:Anyone get the Godzilla 3 pack!
I got something cooler!

I got a grey scale “black and white” Godzilla in my 3 pack. What did you get in yours?

I really liked the way this set was done. Two Minis on display and one mystery.

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 am

zoomfactor32 wrote:
Blake85 wrote:Anyone get the Godzilla 3 pack!
I got something cooler!

I got a grey scale “black and white” Godzilla in my 3 pack. What did you get in yours?

I really liked the way this set was done. Two Minis on display and one mystery.

GITD Godzilla
I love it
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 am

I'm definitely digging the new Mickey MM's. I haven't seen them in person but from the pictures online, they did a good job. I like the gamble of a MM but also getting exactly what you want is cool.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 am

Difficult. Stores will be stuck with the unwanted ones.
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Chaister87 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:
Okie dokie thank you

I didn’t think about this, could be. Prevents a lot of damaged/loose product in stores. Those small items are easy to steal or for a kid to absent-mindedly play with and walk out the door with. While if it stays in an open window box there is no reason for that to happen. And if the ratios are the same people who want a whole set can just buy it, no need to clear out a whole case and end up with a bunch of dupes (depending on how many come in a case).

Return to “Blind Bags”