Where are the new PSH lines!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
wenhol8710

Re: Where are the new PSH lines!

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 am

Classier wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:Looks like we are getting a First 10 Years Marvel set. Oddly the characters really don't "symbolize" the first 10 Years unless there will be some exclusives for specific stores. All seem to be 1/12.

Captain America, Hulk, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki, Ultron, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Shuri, Thanos, Red Skull, Hella

It’s Iron Man Mark II, not Ultron.
I don’t know what you mean when you say that it doesn’t represent the first 10 years of Marvel Studios, I’d say it does that pretty well.

I assumed it was meant to be War Machine/James Rhoades? Seems like it would make sense since a lot of the "popular" cast from Infinity War is represented, minus ones that already had PSH in their own lines.

I am a little surprised at the lack of Black Panther, Vision, Bucky, and Scarlet Witch just off the top of my head - seems almost inevitable that there will be some store exclusives for this line.
Last edited by wenhol8710 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 am

Classier wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Where was the announcement about the Marvel Studios line?

No announcement, just leaks.
EDIT: Here they are.
Spoiler: show

Really dig the Cap and Red Skull from this line, as well as the Thor!
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:02 am

wenhol8710 wrote:
I assumed it was meant to be War Machine/James Rhoades? Seems like it would make sense since a lot of the "popular" cast from Infinity War is represented, minus ones that already had PSH in their own lines.

I am a little surprised at the lack of Black Panther, Vision, Bucky, and Scarlet Witch just off the top of my head - seems almost inevitable that there will be some store exclusives for this line.

War Machine has a darker color palette. It’s Mark II of Iron Man.
Also, I think the reason that there isn’t a Black Panther in this series is because he had his own little 3 pack at the beginning of the year. That’s also probably why Spider-Man and the GOTG are absent from this series.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Classier wrote:
wenhol8710 wrote:

War Machine has a darker color palette. It’s Mark II of Iron Man.
Also, I think the reason that there isn’t a Black Panther in this series is because he had his own little 3 pack at the beginning of the year. That’s also probably why Spider-Man and the GOTG are absent from this series.

Captain and Red Skull had the two pack from the Collectors Corp box, so I was hoping for something different. I get having Cap, but aren't there a bunch of other villains you could have than Red Skull?
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 pm

I really don't have the funds to get into blind bags, considering it's very very hard to get rid of duplicates, or find people that have duplicates of the ones you need and are willing to sell them to you for retail. In the past for Supernatural and horror I just got a bunch at once, or I searched for people selling duplicates and bought what I wanted.

That said, if they made X-Men PSH, I'd probably bite.

Maybe Doctor Who as well, maybe.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Jezter wrote:I really don't have the funds to get into blind bags, considering it's very very hard to get rid of duplicates, or find people that have duplicates of the ones you need and are willing to sell them to you for retail. In the past for Supernatural and horror I just got a bunch at once, or I searched for people selling duplicates and bought what I wanted.

The great thing about PSH compared to Mystery Minis is that you can feel them out. If you have been practicing for as long as I have it’s super easy to pick out a set just by feeling. This series looks like it might be a little tricky though, because outside of Loki, Hela, Ant-Man and Shuri everybody has kind of indistinct heads.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I don't think they'll be too difficult to feel. Each has something different. I think Thanos and Iron Man Mark II might feel similar, but the rest should be fine. Can't wait to find a Cap in my area!!!

Captain America - shield accessory
Hulk - hair ridges
Thor - lightning bolts
Loki - horns
Iron Man Mark II - helmet ridges
Ant Man - mask details
Black Widow - long hair
Doctor Strange - cape
Shuri - hair
Thanos - head ridges
Red Skull - smooth head
Hela - headdress
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Classier wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:
Classier wrote:It’s Iron Man Mark II, not Ultron.
I don’t know what you mean when you say that it doesn’t represent the first 10 years of Marvel Studios, I’d say it does that pretty well.

It is? Hmm... I didn't zoom in, so I guess the chest detail would give a better view, but it definitely looks like Ultron from a casual glance, and while the Mark II is probably a pretty iconic version, surely having Ultron in there and having the more distinctive (to non-Marvel super fans) makes a lot of sense? Not that they're short on bad guys, it's actually a pretty good selection, really... I love Hela (and she will be one of my must haves), but I'd put Ultron above her in the grand scheme of "First Ten Years" but that's just my 2c :)

I can say with 100% certainty that it’s Iron Man Mark II.

Yeah I was looking on my phone on IG so didn't notice the mask.

Personally I would have thought they would come out with characters that have not been PSH before. Just seems like a lot are missing that should be there like Black Panther, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Coulson, and now that we know it's not Ultron him as well.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Classier wrote:

I can't wait to buy all of them... I'm glad it is 1/12, hope it doesn't have any exclusives!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Classier wrote:

I can't wait to buy all of them... I'm glad they are 1/12, hope it doesn't have any exclusives!!

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 pm

wmwadeii wrote:Yeah I was looking on my phone on IG so didn't notice the mask.

Personally I would have thought they would come out with characters that have not been PSH before. Just seems like a lot are missing that should be there like Black Panther, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Coulson, and now that we know it's not Ultron him as well.

Hawkeye, Vision, and Fury are definitely noticeably missing, I will say that. I’m guessing the reason Black Panther, Spidey, and the GOTG aren’t there are because they already have their MCU interpretations as PSH.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 am

I’ll be looking for these when I go to HQ next weekend. Hopefully they won’t be too hard to feel out.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Tyrannicus

Postby Tyrannicus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm glad to see PSH continuing. The Marvel set looks great, although I agree that it doesn't seem to represent the first 10 years (mostly Phase III), but I imagine there will be exclusive versions with more characters. They'll go nicely with the Spider-Man Homecoming and Black Panther PSHs.

Now if only they'd show some love to the DC films characters too. Wonder Woman must be very lonely. I'd love to see a potential DC films line cover not just the current DCEU films, but also the Burton/Schumacher Batman films, the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, and the Christopher Reeve Superman films.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Hooray for more PSH! I feel like there HAVE to be some exclusives. I mean, has there even been a set of PSH with no exclusives yet? That Hela looks fantastic! And I'm pleased Shuri is getting some attention as well!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 pm

synergy56 wrote:Hooray for more PSH! I feel like there HAVE to be some exclusives. I mean, has there even been a set of PSH with no exclusives yet? That Hela looks fantastic! And I'm pleased Shuri is getting some attention as well!

Horror didn’t have any exclusives.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Classier wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Hooray for more PSH! I feel like there HAVE to be some exclusives. I mean, has there even been a set of PSH with no exclusives yet? That Hela looks fantastic! And I'm pleased Shuri is getting some attention as well!

I stand corrected! And now that I think about it I don't think Snow White had any either? Well here's hoping for no exclusives - or at least no Wal-mart, Target or Walgreens ones! Or FYE as well since I don't have any around me :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Jezter wrote:I really don't have the funds to get into blind bags, considering it's very very hard to get rid of duplicates, or find people that have duplicates of the ones you need and are willing to sell them to you for retail. In the past for Supernatural and horror I just got a bunch at once, or I searched for people selling duplicates and bought what I wanted.

With the sets being 1/12, usually if you can find someone else to go in on a box with you, you both can get a complete set by buying a case from a retailer.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:10 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Classier wrote:

I stand corrected! And now that I think about it I don't think Snow White had any either? Well here's hoping for no exclusives - or at least no Wal-mart, Target or Walgreens ones! Or FYE as well since I don't have any around me :)

I’d be completely fine with no store exclusives for this line [-o<
Brandon

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:47 pm

I love psh! I don't collect a lot of Marvel pops so I'm hoping to transition to psh for the line. They're cute, more affordable, and space savers!
I'm hoping for a casual Bruce Banner to go with kitty shirt Tony, but if not, that's okay. Just happy more psh are being made.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Classier wrote:

Oh yeah, Snow White didn't either. Really hoping that Walmart, Target, and Walgreens DON'T get exclusives since they were such a pain for the previous sets. For Rick and Morty, Target STILL hasn't gotten their exclusives.

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

bakivali wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
Classier wrote:Horror didn’t have any exclusives.

Oh yeah, Snow White didn't either. Really hoping that Walmart, Target, and Walgreens DON'T get exclusives since they were such a pain for the previous sets. For Rick and Morty, Target STILL hasn't gotten their exclusives.

A quick google search shows that you’re right. That must be disappointing.

lastmidnight

Postby lastmidnight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Classier wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:Looks like we are getting a First 10 Years Marvel set. Oddly the characters really don't "symbolize" the first 10 Years unless there will be some exclusives for specific stores. All seem to be 1/12.

Captain America, Hulk, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki, Ultron, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Shuri, Thanos, Red Skull, Hella

It is? Hmm... I didn't zoom in, so I guess the chest detail would give a better view, but it definitely looks like Ultron from a casual glance, and while the Mark II is probably a pretty iconic version, surely having Ultron in there and having the more distinctive (to non-Marvel super fans) makes a lot of sense? Not that they're short on bad guys, it's actually a pretty good selection, really... I love Hela (and she will be one of my must haves), but I'd put Ultron above her in the grand scheme of "First Ten Years" but that's just my 2c :)

It’s def not really representative of all 10 years... though it makes sense to not include heroes/villains who already have PSH versions (Iron Man, Black Panther, the Gaurdians, etc). But happy for what is in there! (Though no Vision or Scarlet Witch? Maybe as exclusives...)
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 am

Not really sure what you mean here:

Iron Man MK 2: 2008, 2010
Hulk: 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018
Loki: 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018
Black Widow: 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
Captain America: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (2018 using vastly different costume)
Red Skull: 2011 (2018 using vastly different costume)
Thanos: 2012, 2014, 2015 ((2018 using vastly different costume)
Ant-Man: 2015, 2016, 2018
Doctor Strange: 2016, 2018
Thor (Ragnarok): 2017 (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018 using vastly different costume)
Hela: 2017
Shuri: 2018 x 2
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am

jkcohen626 wrote:Thanos: 2012, 2014, 2015 ((2018 using vastly different costume)

Seeing that it’s the same armor used at the beginning of Infinity War, and during the flashback scene, I’d argue that this Thanos does represent Infinity War quite a bit, not to mention that he’s the main character.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am

wmwadeii wrote:
Classier wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Well, there were almost 30 "main" characters in Infinity War, plus all of the villains, plus all of the supporting characters, plus Ant-Man, Wasp and Hawkeye. It's a little difficult to represent EVERY character in the MCU in 1 12 Pint set. Also, Black Panther already has two pints.
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:57 am

Classier wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:Thanos: 2012, 2014, 2015 ((2018 using vastly different costume)

Seeing that it’s the same armor used at the beginning of Infinity War, and during the flashback scene, I’d argue that this Thanos does represent Infinity War quite a bit, not to mention that he’s the main character.

I think the Russo's used their own armor for his Armor Scenes, but it wasn't different enough that this doesn't still represent it!
Image Image Image Image

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

I definitely would like to see more PSH as well. As someone else mentioned, Adventure Time would be really cool. I'd also love more MOTU and Disney. I think Bob's Burgers would be SO cool getting the PSH treatment but would hope they'd make more of the characters instead of sticking with just the fam plus Teddy.

I'm not sure I'd want to see them going to packaging where you are able to see what you are getting. I mean, it would be nice but at the same time, I feel it would increase the number of ones with rarer odds ending up on ebay and being too expensive to get.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

luckysalt

Postby luckysalt » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Pop in here and I find out theres this Marvel set coming out, im absolutely overjoyed! What a cool set. Awesome that they are continuing with PSH. Now do WWE wave 2!!!

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I really hope they continue with these. I need more DC PSH. Especially Superman

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 am

Would love to see more horror ones come out

Munkyss4

Postby Munkyss4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:44 am

The marvel 10 year anniversary psh are looking awesome
I can finallly get a captain American and red skull
:freddy3:

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

I’m really hoping we get a full DC line is PSH soon. The only DC related ones that have been released were the Batman set that was one of the very first ones to come out and now 5 different sets for marvel.
Brandon

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:31 am

Classier wrote:

I cannot wait for this First 10 years of Marvel set! Love the character assortment they've given us, and it leaves a lot of room for others if they wanted to do a set 2! I've already got 2 friends that want a full set, which will make this easy for me if I can find a new case! Also, really glad you think that's IM M2 - people on FB kept saying it was War Machine, and I thought I was crazy! (I may be, but not about this one..!)

Having never done a new set of PSH, how many come in a new case? 24? 36?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:37 am

wmwadeii wrote:
Classier wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Not so unusual, since Hawkeye never gets ANY love. It's getting a little ridiculous! That being said, if they do a S2, I'd KILL for Fury and Coulson! I don't know how they didn't do Coulson in S1 - he was the main thread between all the Phase 1 movies, how can they leave him out?
Image ImageImage Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am

Katers wrote:

I cannot wait for this First 10 years of Marvel set! Love the character assortment they've given us, and it leaves a lot of room for others if they wanted to do a set 2! I've already got 2 friends that want a full set, which will make this easy for me if I can find a new case! Also, really glad you think that's IM M2 - people on FB kept saying it was War Machine, and I thought I was crazy! (I may be, but not about this one..!)

It’s usually 24 a case, I believe.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am

KryptonianRed wrote:I really hope they continue with these. I need more DC PSH. Especially Superman

Yes we need Superman PSH. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Classier wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yep, a case has 24, plus 2 in the window display so technically 26 if you purchase a case from a retailer (or are able to sweet talk a store employee into letting you get the whole box ;) ). For the Marvel ones, there should be 2 complete sets of 12 per case.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:I really hope they continue with these. I need more DC PSH. Especially Superman

Yes we need Superman PSH. \:D/ \:D/

Right?! Maybe they’ll do something for his 80th anniversary. :fingers crossed:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:01 am

Classier wrote:
Katers wrote:

Excellent! Now just gotta find an untouched case! Thanks for the info!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:03 am

bakivali wrote:
Classier wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yep, a case has 24, plus 2 in the window display so technically 26 if you purchase a case from a retailer (or are able to sweet talk a store employee into letting you get the whole box ;) ). For the Marvel ones, there should be 2 complete sets of 12 per case.

Well, I've already made progress in the sense that a HT employee said they'd call me when they come in. And she knows I want an entire case! Keeping my fingers crossed though..! I'd forgotten about the 2 in the window, that would be an awesome bonus!

The more I see of the details on these, the more I really want them - can't wait! I just got a rebate gift card, and I feel like it's MEANT to be spent on this! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”